PDA

View Full Version : Hibs' cancellation of Tynecastle Cup tie

bob12345
24-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Haven't seen a thread on this. Hibs requested the postponement of their SFA Youth Cup tie against Tynecastle (requested on Wednesday, game was on Sunday, announced on Friday) due to lack of players available. It's fair to say Tynecastle are raging. Here's their statement: http://www.tynecastlefc.co.uk/newsstory.php?nid=850

In the absence of any other facts, it's hard to disagree with them. Hibs played on Thursday night in the EOS shield and have a development game on Tuesday against Rangers. However, the youth cup is by far the biggest of the three in terms of interest and importance of competition. And it's the pinnacle of the year for clubs like Tynecastle.

Unless a huge amount of development players are involved in the first team today, I find this difficult to understand. Even if they were, surely Hibs could put out U17s and be confident of getting a result against a Lowland League side.

Has anyone heard any more?

easty
24-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Hibs wouldn't have cancelled it unless they had a genuine reason to.

That statement from Tynie is a load of greetin' pish.

speedy_gonzales
24-09-2016, 10:59 AM
A bit too much BIG club WEE club in that statement for me to take it seriously!

Carheenlea
24-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Has there ever been a season featuring more strongly worded statements than this one? Great entertainment!

lyonhibs
24-09-2016, 11:24 AM
They'll be needing to dry their eyes.

Col2
24-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Still hurting after 21st May 2016?

Wee team big team crap as always

And they have Lee Wallace (the grass) in front page.

Keith_M
24-09-2016, 11:56 AM
I might have had a bit of sympathy for them if their official statement hadn't been worded like this....

"They received a request from Hibernian for a postponement due to their inability to field a team and not surprisingly the SFA supported the big club!!"

"We still cannot believe that a professional club of the standing of Hibernian are not able to field a team and nobody will convince us otherwise!"

http://www.tynecastlefc.co.uk/newsstory.php?nid=850

calumhibee1
24-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Haven't seen a thread on this. Hibs requested the postponement of their SFA Youth Cup tie against Tynecastle (requested on Wednesday, game was on Sunday, announced on Friday) due to lack of players available. It's fair to say Tynecastle are raging. Here's their statement: http://www.tynecastlefc.co.uk/newsstory.php?nid=850

In the absence of any other facts, it's hard to disagree with them. Hibs played on Thursday night in the EOS shield and have a development game on Tuesday against Rangers. However, the youth cup is by far the biggest of the three in terms of interest and importance of competition. And it's the pinnacle of the year for clubs like Tynecastle.

Unless a huge amount of development players are involved in the first team today, I find this difficult to understand. Even if they were, surely Hibs could put out U17s and be confident of getting a result against a Lowland League side.

Has anyone heard any more?

With regards to the part about putting out u17s and beating a lowland league side that's not the case necessarily. Hibs only just edged spartans at this level a few years back and I've also played in this cup and only just been edged out by Falkirk. Sure spartans possibly gave Partick a bit of a doing a season or two ago aswell. The better teams at this level like spartans, Edinburgh city are generally made up of a lot of boys released by the likes of hibs and hearts and are desperate to prove a point.

24-09-2016, 12:16 PM
The kickback thread on this is pretty amusing. Not sure they've realised the irony in questioning our ability to meet our obligations.

poolman
24-09-2016, 12:34 PM
The kickback thread on this is pretty amusing. Not sure they've realised the irony in questioning our ability to meet our obligations.

Exactly, most of the mutants on that site still don't see it

McD
24-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Did one of players draft the statement?

it comes across as very huffy and petty.

O'Rourke3
24-09-2016, 01:38 PM
What costs have they incurred other than cancelling the pitch hire? Genuine question before all the YFA guys leap in....

Peanut Shaz
24-09-2016, 01:52 PM
What costs have they incurred other than cancelling the pitch hire? Genuine question before all the YFA guys leap in....

Genuine info from someone ITK. Costs involved include hospitality, programme printing, catering, stewarding, other misc costs. All of which will need to be reorganised when the game goes ahead They expected a reasonable crowd and had planned accordingly. Approx costs of £600 which they would have made back from the gate money. All of the above need to rebooked when the game goes ahead.

calumhibee1
24-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Genuine info from someone ITK. Costs involved include hospitality, programme printing, catering, stewarding, other misc costs. All of which will need to be reorganised when the game goes ahead They expected a reasonable crowd and had planned accordingly. Approx costs of £600 which they would have made back from the gate money. All of the above need to rebooked when the game goes ahead.

I'd be stunned if there was stewards and hospitality at this. Catering possibly, programme most likely but the rest of it? Surely no?

Peanut Shaz
24-09-2016, 02:01 PM
I'd be stunned if there was stewards and hospitality at this. Catering possibly, programme most likely but the rest of it? Surely no?

I can confirm that there is hospitality laid on for players, officials and committees of both clubs as well as reps from the league. They expected around 500 and defo had stewarding in place.

O'Rourke3
24-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the update. I too a bit surprised but £600 is a significant sum - even if I'm biased against clubs like TBC as they(as others did) sooked the best players from every club back in my day.

What round of the cup is it? I remember playing in the Scottish and hospitality was working showers if you were drawn away from home :greengrin

green day
24-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Greeting faced hearts pricks.........

bob12345
24-09-2016, 02:40 PM

Half of the players are Hibees.

Biggie
24-09-2016, 02:40 PM

Haha....amen bro...

lucky
24-09-2016, 02:51 PM
If they can't handle £600 they should not be in the tournament. But wonder why Hibs have pulled it?

green day
24-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Half of the players are Hibees.

Doubt the players wrote that piece.

bob12345
24-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Doubt the players wrote that piece.

Nah but some of the folk in here seem to think this is a Hearts v Hibs thing, which isn't the case at all.

Davy Mac
24-09-2016, 05:49 PM
My laddies game at Saughton was re-arranged to kick off at 12.00 to accommodate this fixture. PETRIE!!!!

Bishop Hibee
24-09-2016, 06:42 PM
SFA's decision not Hibs decision.

bob12345
24-09-2016, 06:45 PM
SFA's decision not Hibs decision.

Which is ridiculous. Sets a hugely dangerous precedent for any team with a few key players out to take advantage of in the latter stages.