PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Chris Sutton v Derek Johnstone arguement. Live on Clyde 1

ArmadaleHibs
23-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Chris Sutton full on arguement with Derek Johnston live on Clyde 1 football phone in. Brilliant lol

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VXO2OjvuMvg

hibs#1
23-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Excellent
I quite like Sutton think he's on off the best pundits about

HibbyKeith
23-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Personally think Sutton comes across as a bit of a prat on tv, but can't argue with his assessment of Johnstone.

Like everything Celtic and Rangers related they are two cheeks of the same arse IMO.

Funny listen all the same though.:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Derek Johnstone is exactly what Sutton described his as, he's a puppet for sevco and those who run the place.

Chris Sutton is still an ******** though.

Mr White
23-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Sutton is a total bawbag but lately I've come round to liking him purely on the basis that he loves winding the huns up and he provides decent entertainment with his bawbagery. Unlike say Andy Walker who provides nothing but soul sapping monotonous pish with his.

northstandhibby
23-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Chris Sutton is bang on the money.

There are so many hun puppets in the scottish media like Derek Johnstone, Richard Wilson, Chic Young, Keith Radar Jackson, Barry and Derek Ferguson and lots more. It was so refreshing to hear Chris Sutton call out Derek Johnstone for being a hun propagandist. Hope to hear more Chris Sutton in the future.

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Nearly said two cheeks same erse but as someone beat me to it I will go for the two erses option.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
23-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Chris Sutton is my new favourite pundit. That was quality from the big man.

Stevie Reid
23-09-2016, 08:15 PM
I disliked Sutton at first when he was solely a co-commentator as he was shouty and annoying, but he's really found his feet in recent months. Quite like a lot of what he has to say.

Billy Whizz
23-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Chris Sutton full on arguement with Derek Johnston live on Clyde 1 football phone in. Brilliant lol

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VXO2OjvuMvg

Link not working for me

tamig
23-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Link not working for me

Just tried it 5 mins ago and was fine for me.

JimBHibees
23-09-2016, 08:20 PM
I disliked Sutton at first when he was solely a co-commentator as he was shouty and annoying, but he's really found his feet in recent months. Quite like a lot of what he has to say.

Agree not afraid to speak his mind. Loved the slagging he gave Alan Muir after the non penalty, he should never ref again. Him and Michael Stewart, best by miles.

Billy Whizz
23-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Just tried it 5 mins ago and was fine for me.

Not for me

northstandhibby
23-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Not for me

Just type in youtube chris sutton derek johnstone and should be fine.

GGTTH

Deansy
23-09-2016, 08:24 PM
That was hilarious - Johnstone going on about 'Decency' and 'Respect' as if he honestly knew what either word actually means !. Not got much time for Sutton either but he was bang-on re DJ being nothing more than a 'Puppet/propogandist' for the Hun

lord bunberry
23-09-2016, 08:26 PM
That was hilarious - Johnstone going on about 'Decency' and 'Respect' as if he honestly knew what either word actually means !. Not got much time for Sutton either but he was bang-on re DJ being nothing more than a 'Puppet/propogandist' for the Hun
I believe the word charlatan was used.

poolman
23-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Excellent
I quite like Sutton think he's on off the best pundits about

Sorry,I think he's an obnoxious Humpty

Dunbar Hibee
23-09-2016, 08:28 PM

I've always thought the same.

I'm coming round to him though... His comments about breadman losing his magic hat last week were particularly amusing.

magpie1892
23-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Absolutely lacerated BFDJ and annoys the huns.

That's fine by me.

SteveHFC
23-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Sutton was spot on.

Stevie Reid
23-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Agree not afraid to speak his mind. Loved the slagging he gave Alan Muir after the non penalty, he should never ref again. Him and Michael Stewart, best by miles.

Aye Jim, felt the same about Stewart, didn't like him at first but has become someone I enjoy listening to, just as forthright as Sutton in his opinions, if not the way he delivers them.

Loved how Sutton slaughtered Craig Thomson a few weeks ago, and how he got that prick Craigan telt about the Falkirk penalty incident also.

eastterrace
23-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Well done Sutton for ripping that Hun Johnstone up. The mans a Rangers puppet always will be

fife hfc
23-09-2016, 08:54 PM
I like Sutton comments and I find myself agreeing with his assessments a lot. He ripped into Gordon's I wonder DJ would say the same against a secco player.

hibs#1
23-09-2016, 09:00 PM

No need to apologise I can see why people dislike him
But I think him and Michael Stewart are the only decent pundits in Scottish football the rest are all idiots
Pat Nevin is OK forgot about him scratch that tam mcmanus is quite good aswell

Rougier45
23-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Nearly said two cheeks same erse but as someone beat me to it I will go for the two erses option.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Are farmer and vlad 2 cheeks ? Hate all this lazy crap / DJ , the daily record , traynor all horrible lying cheats / big Sutton is value for money - say it how it is

eastterrace
23-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Are farmer and vlad 2 cheeks ? Hate all this lazy crap / DJ , the daily record , traynor all horrible lying cheats / big Sutton is value for money - say it how it is he's a bit like Stan collemore who also says how it is need more like this in Scotland to many that just nod there head and agree

brog
23-09-2016, 09:22 PM
I like Sutton comments and I find myself agreeing with his assessments a lot. He ripped into Gordon's I wonder DJ would say the same against a secco player.

Spot on, he said that Forrester should have been sent off twice & that Craig Thomson bottled it. However he's also said that 2 Celtc players should have walked in the last 2 games. The fact that we're having to commend him for his honesty says volumes about the appalling standard of most of the MSM.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Are farmer and vlad 2 cheeks ? Hate all this lazy crap / DJ , the daily record , traynor all horrible lying cheats / big Sutton is value for money - say it how it is

2 media popular guys taking opposite positions because of their loyalties, and maybe because that gets attention? - worked here.

That's my rationale. Can you return the favour and tell me how Vlad and STF might bear comparison?

Joe6-2
23-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Spot on, he said that Forrester should have been sent off twice & that Craig Thomson bottled it. However he's also said that 2 Celtc players should have walked in the last 2 games. The fact that we're having to commend him for his honesty says volumes about the appalling standard of most of the MSM.

Spot on!

PatHead
23-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Heard a classic on BBC Scotland yesterday. Reporter at pittodrie was asked if he thought Aberdeen would be distracted with the rangers game at the weekend. Scottish msm is pathetic.

Steve-O
23-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Sutton is an erse but his Sevco wind ups are proving to be quite funny.

Derek Johnstone was beside himself 😂

hibsbollah
23-09-2016, 10:47 PM
It's Derek Johnstone. The mans an idiot. Sutton is no intellectual but he destroyed poor old DJ.

Hibernian Verse
23-09-2016, 10:59 PM
The best bit was when Sutton asked him to form an argument and the so called journalist came out with "it's just nonsense". No explanation of why, just more propaganda to lap up to the The Rangers Football Club 2012 hordes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Steve20
24-09-2016, 05:24 AM
Chris Sutton is a poor pundit/co-commentator. However, for once, he's spot on here. Derek Johnstone is a Rangers puppet and even Sutton managed to show him up.

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2016, 05:31 AM
Sutton's brilliant.

bingo70
24-09-2016, 06:24 AM
At least Sutton tries to promote our game. That doesn't mean he needs to be a cheer leader and say everything's brilliant all the time but he at least takes it seriously.

Same applies to Michael Stewart.

Onion
24-09-2016, 06:32 AM

Exactly. The danger is Sutton gets hounded out and we're left with the usual OF fan-boys.

CorrieHibs
24-09-2016, 06:46 AM
I started liking Sutton as a pundit last season. Tell things how it is. Might be a Celtic fan but doesn't hold back when criticising them.

Plus he's bang on the money with DJ He is a charlatan. Too many pundits in Scotland big up The Rangers, least we now have a honest one.

Fat DJ was getting wound up lol.

Aldo
24-09-2016, 06:54 AM

This. He says it how it is and folk don't like it. I really do not know how Johnstone can use the words Respect, Decency and Newco in the same sentence.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Like others, i dont like Sutton and the way he comes across. Yet here we are sticking up for him because he actually has the balls to tell the truth, well i say well done Chris Sutton.

Its about time someone came in and rattled these arse lickers, who have fawned over both Glasgow clubs and never questioned or criticized them for the fear of being left behind.

Well done, and hopefully there will be more along soon.

mim
24-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Agree with everything Johnstone said about Sutton. He's an ignorant, conceited bawbag.
Johnstone doesn't pretend to be anything other than a dyed in the wool Hungers man.
Sutton is trying to be controversial for the sake of it.
Michael Stewart is different class as a pundit.

Now off to Dumfries :flag:

O'Rourke3
24-09-2016, 07:45 AM
"I've never needed minders" "You tell porkies too" 25 years of broadcasting and that's as good as it gets. DJ was never blessed with brains but insight like that needs removed or put on the you tube channels watched by the people who wear tin foil hats...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Niffy
24-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Just two typical old firm fans from opposite sides having a handbags moment. Waste of AirPlay time.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Agree with everything Johnstone said about Sutton. He's an ignorant, conceited bawbag.
Johnstone doesn't pretend to be anything other than a dyed in the wool Hungers man.
Sutton is trying to be controversial for the sake of it.
Michael Stewart is different class as a pundit.

Now off to Dumfries :flag:

I disagree, he's that far up there erse he WONT be critical BECAUSE it will affect his pay packet directly. Even when you can clearly see bad decisions that go their way, HE does not see them.

He's their puppet, along with many others. The more pundits like Sutton that come along and tell the truth, the better our game will get.

I agree Sutton could put his opinion across a lot better, but i'd rather this than nothing.

greenlex
24-09-2016, 08:00 AM
Just two typical old firm fans from opposite sides having a handbags moment. Waste of AirPlay time.

This. A pair o baw bags.

capitals_finest
24-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Good to hear someone else standing up to yet another gobby puppet that has been continuously allowed to spout their propaganda favouring their pals.

keep the faith
24-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Sutton is right about DJ's bias and it's great hearing it broadcasted but anyone who think Sutton is good for scottish foorball and is doing this for anything other than making a name for himself is wrong.
I weirdly found myself agreeing with DJ around Sutton negativity. Pundits covering English games fall over themselves to big it up and talk us into thinking even the poorest game is great. Up here they send Andy walker and Sutton to tear our games apart. Not the way to build or game back up and I'm sick of it.

Michael Stewart is miles ahead of those pair. Challenging but cares about our game, picking out the good stuff as well as the bad.

superfurryhibby
24-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Sutton came across as a classless, self important fud. Johnstone is a typical uneducated former footballer who will never rock the boat. He's not alone, as we all know, the meeja are full of them up here. An easy target for anyone with half a brain. Sutton needed to offer more detail, not just attack with dismissive statements.

Jdawg
24-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Sutton was spot on, DJ is a moron and when asked to provide an example or evidence he couldn't.

southsider
24-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Sutton was spot on, DJ is a moron and when asked to provide an example or evidence he couldn't.
DJ IS a moron but CS loves the sound of his own voice to much to take seriously.

WhileTheChief..
24-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Brilliant from Sutton.

Just need similar on Sportosund to call out Preston etc as puppets too.

A few pundits will hoefully be having a think to themselves, they won't want to be publicly humiliated like DJ.

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Like others, i dont like Sutton and the way he comes across. Yet here we are sticking up for him because he actually has the balls to tell the truth, well i say well done Chris Sutton.

Its about time someone came in and rattled these arse lickers, who have fawned over both Glasgow clubs and never questioned or criticized them for the fear of being left behind.

Well done, and hopefully there will be more along soon.

In a nutshell for me.

He'll be hounded out by the Scottish MSM dinosaurs I fear though. Let's remember, logic is not allowed in Scottish football only arse licking to the GFA

BullsCloseHibs
24-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Brilliant from Sutton.

Just need similar on Sportosund to call out Preston etc as puppets too.

A few pundits will hoefully be having a think to themselves, they won't want to be publicly humiliated like DJ.

It's the BBC who be ashamed, employing ridiculous muppets like fatso Johnstone. Everyone knows he's a brainless hun apologiser. Yet he continues to get air time and pay (public money may I add).

BullsCloseHibs
24-09-2016, 10:07 AM

That's because Johnstone has no brain.

The Captain....
24-09-2016, 11:16 AM
I don't believe for one second that even Sutton believes his own hyperbole some of the time but he was absolutely spot on with his opinions on Derek Johnstone, he's another of the Scottish Media puppets manipulated and pretty much a Level 5 stooge with next to no credibility. Johnstone almost sounded like he was going to burst into tears at the end of that..I doubt he's got the self awareness to realise what a figure of ridicule he is in relation to his punditry and hun cheerleading.

blaikie
24-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Could hear it in his voice! Completely rattled.

Sutton is a decent pundit imo

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Is Sutton trying to be contentious and provocative and make a name for himself?

Yes.

Is he succeeding?

Yes.

But I'm delighted because he deserves to. He's even handed regarding the OF and spot on in his comments about Delia and Warburton.

Moreover he's right on the money about fat wasters like Derek Johnstone who are PR men and imposters who block up the airways with Hun propaganda.

On the downside, until he takes an interest in more than the OF he will never be another Mikey Stewart.

Carheenlea
24-09-2016, 11:27 AM
One advantage with living in the Scottish Borders is that we are not exposed to Derek Johnstone and what must be an Old Firm obsessed radio station and show. Radio Scotland is bad enough!

lyonhibs
24-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Sutton is a monumental gob*****, but he's not dull I suppose.

Super_JMcGinn
24-09-2016, 11:28 AM

I agree, how anyone can think Sutton came across as anything but in that tape is staggering. Johnstone might not be the brightest but Sutton is just another of those English imports that played for either half and thinks he is one of them.

snooky
24-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Just listened to the link on the OP.

Blawbag 1 Bluebawz 0

Ergye
24-09-2016, 12:07 PM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Chuckie1977/14450011_10157626749945601_8294593677036855686_n_z psacyql74l.jpg (http://s396.photobucket.com/user/Chuckie1977/media/14450011_10157626749945601_8294593677036855686_n_z psacyql74l.jpg.html)

Keith_M
24-09-2016, 12:17 PM
CS: "You're a puppet. You supported Craig Whyte then Charles Green. You never criticised Ally McCoist even once. You're an embrassment"

DJ: "What a load of nonsense"

Eh, no, it's the truth actually.

:greengrin

Ergye
24-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Sutton at the start 'I don't wear my trousers round my waist'.

Oooooh. :aok:

oneone73
24-09-2016, 12:35 PM
It's the BBC who be ashamed, employing ridiculous muppets like fatso Johnstone. Everyone knows he's a brainless hun apologiser. Yet he continues to get air time and pay (public money may I add).

I thought DJ was on Clyde???

hibsbollah
24-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Sportsound weighing in now, Chick Young, Willie Miller all those bawbags. Their line is, surprisingly, their pundits are not biased.

RyeSloan
24-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Sportsound weighing in now, Chick Young, Willie Miller all those bawbags. Their line is, surprisingly, their pundits are not biased.

It is quite unbelievable how many p.poor pundits the Scottish game has.

Couldn't believe DJ was still on the radio and as for Willie Miller, is it possible to find anyone as dour as him?

hibsbollah
24-09-2016, 07:29 PM
It is quite unbelievable how many p.poor pundits the Scottish game has.

Couldn't believe DJ was still on the radio and as for Willie Miller, is it possible to find anyone as dour as him?

Because I lived down south for a good few years I didn't recognise him at all when I moved back and started watched bbc boresscene again, I just assumed he was just some random hack pundit theyd prised away from his barstool to talk pish. I was amazed when I found he'd actually won the Cup Winners Cup whilstwearing a now sadly absent tache. He seems incapable of any joy or enthusiasm about anything. A man to make a funeral worse.

RyeSloan
24-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Because I lived down south for a good few years I didn't recognise him at all when I moved back and started watched bbc boresscene again, I just assumed he was just some random hack pundit theyd prised away from his barstool to talk pish. I was amazed when I found he'd actually won the Cup Winners Cup whilstwearing a now sadly absent tache. He seems incapable of any joy or enthusiasm about anything. A man to make a funeral worse.

His football was no better...used to call his own offsides inbetween rivalling Maurice Backpass for 'safe' defending.

Reminds me of an uncle I have when you ask him how he is getting on..."oh surviving I suppose" is his stock answer.