PDA

View Full Version : Help Hibs: The HSA Scottish Cup Fund

TheHibsClub
21-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Our dramatic win at Hampden – and the celebrations that followed back in Edinburgh – provided another rich chapter in our club’s history.

Everyone at The Hibernian Supporters Association (HSA) was proud to see the Scottish Cup back in Leith – and, as presenting partners of the Persevered Trophy Tour, we’re proud to be helping Hibernian Football Club reach out to new fans.

By working with the football club, we can help everyone at Easter Road build on our Scottish Cup success.

We’re proud that the HSA has been part of the Hibernian support for over 65 years, a support that has endured so many ups and downs over the years.

However we are also aware that the celebrations at Hampden caused some damage to the stadium.

We are determined that everyone at Hibernian Football Club concentrates on the main task at hand this season – helping Neil Lennon and his players win the SPFL Championship.

For that reason the Trustees of the Hibernian Supporters Association have approached the football club for an exact breakdown of how much money it will take to compensate the SFA for damage to:

Goalposts
Corner flags
Pitch
Seats

Today we’re launching a funding campaign to raise the £4733 needed to pay for this damage:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hsa-scottishcupfund (https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hsa-scottishcupfund)

We’re asking all Hibs fans who can afford it to get involved and to donate to the campaign so the money can be paid in full as quickly as possible without diverting any funds from the football club itself.

This isn’t about apportioning blame or pandering to external influences – we see this as a constructive and positive way of giving all our fans the chance to help the football club deal with a situation that way beyond their control.

If any additional funds are raised fans will be given the opportunity to vote on which Hibs-related good cause they are donated to.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hsa-scottishcupfund

Donations will also be accepted in The Hibs Club.

http://hibsclub.co.uk/2016/09/21/help-hibs-hsa-scottish-cup-fund/

Col2
21-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Done. Wasn't even on the pitch but we need to contribute.

ieastherein1973
21-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Donation in, also not on the pitch.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

northstandhibby
21-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Tried to donate. Doesn't seem to do paypal. Would the admins on here take donation through hibs.net?

GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Tried to donate. Doesn't seem to do paypal. Would the admins on here take donation through hibs.net?

GGTTH

Donation in. Wasn't on the pitch. Don't want the club damaged. Keep the eye on the prize.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Will find time tomorrow night to donate
No mention of damage to Electronic Advertising Boarfs Is that issue still in dispute or has insurance taken care of that Some of the figures for those being banded about seemed way over the top

ehf
21-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Will find time tomorrow night to donate
No mention of damage to Electronic Advertising Boarfs Is that issue still in dispute or has insurance taken care of that Some of the figures for those being banded about seemed way over the top

The damage to the LED boards was circa £1.1 million and the insurers won't cover it because they are classifying it as a riot, hence excluded.

lyonhibs
21-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Will donate later this week. Wasn't even in the country at the time.

Do I get a medal? 😎

Itsnoteasy
21-09-2016, 11:52 PM
SERIOUSLY!
Firstly .netters paid for majority of image on side of FF.
Now this.
As our club has not budgeted for this.
Yet we were on the crest of a wave. Last 2 home games have been 4-5 thousand up on previous attendances £££.
Hibs did not budget for this either. Whose taking the piss here.

lucky
22-09-2016, 12:24 AM
SERIOUSLY!
Now this.
Yet we were on the crest of a wave. Last 2 home games have been 4-5 thousand up on previous attendances £££.

You by this stupid post. Donate if you want or don't but don't discourage other fans from doing so. You can take the boy out of Gorgie for football but he'll always act like he's from Gorgie

hibbymac
22-09-2016, 12:33 AM
SERIOUSLY!
Now this.

Its not "Hibs" who are asking for anything here, it's Hibs fans. i.e. The Hibernian Supporters Association, that is asking for other Hibs fans to donate to the fund to help the club out. Nobody "taking the piss" :rolleyes:

connerg
22-09-2016, 12:52 AM
The damage to the LED boards was circa £1.1 million and the insurers won't cover it because they are classifying it as a riot, hence excluded.

If it is classified as a riot, there is some old by-law that says Glasgow City Council are responsible for the damage. Sure i read that on here a while back.

If not, let them take Hibs to court. We claim the SFA are responsible for security. The SFA then claim the owners of the LED boards were negligent in not seeking adequate insurance cover. The Cup Final is a major sporting event and has a high risk of fans entering the pitch. 1980, that's what you call a riot. The Rangers were involved in that too. Any wannabe lawyer will rip the LED owners and The Rangers ( they also caused damage to the advertising boards) apart.

HibsNutter
22-09-2016, 01:25 AM
Will donate tomorrow.

Hopefully people don't get all high and mighty about how they weren't on the pitch on this thread and just let people who are willing to donate do so without a fuss.

givescotlandfreedom
22-09-2016, 01:33 AM
Done. Didn't go on the pitch personally but better this threat avoids finger pointing so it doesn't lose the aim of raising money to make sure the club doesn't suffer.

BSEJVT
22-09-2016, 06:11 AM
Done

Wasn't on the pitch but happy to help club.

Noticeable though that all donations to date on this thread have been from those not on the pitch, or claiming not to be :wink:,

But those that were have still to start stumping up to pay for their actions.

Early days though and I am sure some will step up to the plate.

Carheenlea
22-09-2016, 06:11 AM
Surely insurance covers all items this fund is supposedly covering?
I contribute enough as it is to Hibs so will be sitting this one out.

spikey66
22-09-2016, 06:33 AM
Done and sent this link out to all my Hibs family and friends. I was not on the pitch but will do what I can to help.

SunshineOnLeith
22-09-2016, 07:21 AM
SERIOUSLY!
Now this.

U ok, hun? Xx

Heisenberg
22-09-2016, 07:22 AM
SERIOUSLY!
Now this.

Damage caused by the fans, paid by the fans. Seems fair :agree:

stoneyburn hibs
22-09-2016, 07:30 AM
Done, I was on the pitch :na na:

B.Wilson
22-09-2016, 07:45 AM

done,well worth a tenner for that great day,

Itsnoteasy
22-09-2016, 08:12 AM
You by this stupid post. Donate if you want or don't but don't discourage other fans from doing so. You can take the boy out of Gorgie for football but he'll always act like he's from Gorgie.

Pretty obvious I'll no be donating. Can't see how my view would stop someone else from donating. Oh & thanks for the Gorgie quote. NOT heard that one before.
Lets see how many times I'm called a jambo or a hun.

CropleyWasGod
22-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Surely insurance covers all items this fund is supposedly covering?
I contribute enough as it is to Hibs so will be sitting this one out.

Whose insurance, though?

Hibs, the SFA, Hampden's? If it's any of theirs, why should they make a claim and risk bumping their premiums up, when there is an easier (and possibly cheaper) way?

green&left
22-09-2016, 08:26 AM
SERIOUSLY!
Now this.

Dunno why you're going tonto at Hibs, its the supporters associations who've set this up.

I'll chuck a tenner in for my "friend" who was on the pitch (just incase polis scotland are looking in :greengrin )

ian cruise
22-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Whose insurance, though?

Hibs, the SFA, Hampden's? If it's any of theirs, why should they make a claim and risk bumping their premiums up, when there is an easier (and possibly cheaper) way?

Plus the insurance company would just reclaim their costs from the guilty party. If there are SFA rules to say clubs be responsibility for fans then Hibs would pay regardless

Arch Stanton
22-09-2016, 08:42 AM
Done.

I see that we are already at 9%. I hope there is a massive over-contribution going to the likes of Dnipro Kids with a good news splash in the press!

Might also mention that we don't pay the fines of troublemakers.

Brightside
22-09-2016, 08:43 AM
SERIOUSLY!
Now this.

Was it the directors that caused the damage? Maybe stay in Gorgie it suits you.

CropleyWasGod
22-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Done.

I see that we are already at 9%. I hope there is a massive over-contribution going to the likes of Dnipro Kids with a good news splash in the press!

Might also mention that we don't pay the fines of troublemakers.

Something like "Hibs thugs hand over their Giro money", you mean?

hibs0666
22-09-2016, 08:46 AM
£20 donated. That's us 10% of the way there in no time at all.

Just Alf
22-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Done..... Now 11% of the way there... :aok:

Just Alf
22-09-2016, 09:04 AM

GGTTH

Hi matey..... PayPal worked for me, when at the actual payment page the link is to the right of all the credit/switch card options. :thumbsup:

Andy74
22-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Done

Wasn't on the pitch but happy to help club.

Noticeable though that all donations to date on this thread have been from those not on the pitch, or claiming not to be :wink:,

But those that were have still to start stumping up to pay for their actions.

Early days though and I am sure some will step up to the plate.

You've no idea who has donated from reading this thread. I suspect most people will not feel the need to post on here to make sure everyone knows whether they were on or off the pitch.

Arch Stanton
22-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Something like "Hibs thugs hand over their Giro money", you mean?

Would be worth contributing just to see such a headline - the majority of contributors won't have been on the pitch and don't collect a giro.

scoopyboy
22-09-2016, 09:24 AM
I am in favour of Hibs fans financially helping the club out with the cup final damage. I will contribute.

Must admit to being concerned by the timing of it though.

The amount will easily be raised in my opinion and well in advance of the hearing at the start of October.

My concern is the beaks will turn round and say the fans have paid for this and not the club therefore we have to be seen to hit the club.

I would rather have waited to get our punishment and then steam in and pay the fine.

banarc7062
22-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Happy to help. GGTTH

BSEJVT
22-09-2016, 09:54 AM
You've no idea who has donated from reading this thread. I suspect most people will not feel the need to post on here to make sure everyone knows whether they were on or off the pitch.

Give it a rest, you are a total pain in the arse on this and for that matter many other subjects.

I commented that those posting who said they had donated had stated they weren't on the pitch.

Clearly other than looking at just giving and trying to marry up the donations with their posts here, I have no idea who did what to whom or when.

You would need to be a pretty sad sack to want to do that, life offers many better opportunities to spend your time

I fail to see any ambiguity in either their statements or mine?

My remarks about those contributing and whether they were on the pitch or not were tongue in cheek

Your last sentence makes no sense at all in the context of this thread, the on the pitch v off the pitch argument has been done to death on countless other threads and its time IMO to move on.

Its like Groundhog day now.

For the record though I would be interested to know whether you had contributed or not?

Arch Stanton
22-09-2016, 10:11 AM
I am in favour of Hibs fans financially helping the club out with the cup final damage. I will contribute.

The amount will easily be raised in my opinion and well in advance of the hearing at the start of October.

My concern is the beaks will turn round and say the fans have paid for this and not the club therefore we have to be seen to hit the club.

I would rather have waited to get our punishment and then steam in and pay the fine.

I don't see it that way. It won't be Hibs that will lose out by a bigger fine it will be charities. The beaks can't really force Hibs to stump up money if the fans are willing to take the hit.

HibsNutter
22-09-2016, 10:26 AM

The club will be hit, it's just the fans that are choosing to offset the hit. We're taking the hit for the club. This won't affect the amount that we are fined.

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Will contribute at the start of next month when I have a bit more money.

People who have bits of turf or goalposts should hand them into the HSA and they could auction them off to help towards the fund :greengrin

As for the Advertising boards, if Hibs end up being found liable for them that's a hell of a lot of money if what folk are saying on here is true regarding the cost of the damage ..... It would help if somewhere down the line somebody would find out exactly what the SFA are liable for, it was their event not Hibs or Sevco's for that matter, when do they take some responsibility?

FranckSuzy
22-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Done :aok: I will neither confirm or deny that I was on the pitch though :wink: :greengrin

Andy74
22-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Give it a rest, you are a total pain in the arse on this and for that matter many other subjects.

I commented that those posting who said they had donated had stated they weren't on the pitch.

Clearly other than looking at just giving and trying to marry up the donations with their posts here, I have no idea who did what to whom or when.

You would need to be a pretty sad sack to want to do that, life offers many better opportunities to spend your time

I fail to see any ambiguity in either their statements or mine?

My remarks about those contributing and whether they were on the pitch or not were tongue in cheek

Your last sentence makes no sense at all in the context of this thread, the on the pitch v off the pitch argument has been done to death on countless other threads and its time IMO to move on.

Its like Groundhog day now.

For the record though I would be interested to know whether you had contributed or not?

That response is a bit OTT - I presume you have some personal issue that you are reflecting here?

You were trying to make a point that people who were on the pitch had not been contributing, that can't be shown one way or another.

If you are going to make repeated comments then expect repeated answers.

Why would you be interested in keeping a record of who has contributed or not?

CB_NO3
22-09-2016, 11:23 AM
I think I will wait until we get an official fine from the SFA. More than happy to contribute though.

scoopyboy
22-09-2016, 11:30 AM
I don't see it that way. It won't be Hibs that will lose out by a bigger fine it will be charities. The beaks can't really force Hibs to stump up money if the fans are willing to take the hit.

But they could make the fine bigger than they originally intended, ie beak 1 to beak 2 "I see those pesky Hibs fans have raised £10,000" to pay for damage.

Beak 2 to beak 1 "ok then, we will just fine them £60,000 instead of £50,000"

scoopyboy
22-09-2016, 11:31 AM
The club will be hit, it's just the fans that are choosing to offset the hit. We're taking the hit for the club. This won't affect the amount that we are fined.

see #43

Andy74
22-09-2016, 11:33 AM
But they could make the fine bigger than they originally intended, ie beak 1 to beak 2 "I see those pesky Hibs fans have raised £10,000" to pay for damage.

The two things must be different though - we have a pretty exact figure for damages and so the club must have received this indication. The fine, if there is one, will be a fine as punishment not to cover the actual physical damage.

CropleyWasGod
22-09-2016, 11:35 AM

I reckon our highly-paid legal rep would drive a coach and horses through that.

JimBHibees
22-09-2016, 11:39 AM

Nothing would surprise me to be honest. It is Scottish football we are taking about?

scoopyboy
22-09-2016, 11:39 AM
The two things must be different though - we have a pretty exact figure for damages and so the club must have received this indication. The fine, if there is one, will be a fine as punishment not to cover the actual physical damage.

Fair enough, but does that mean they don't have a figure for other damages, eg electronic billboards.

Or is it just selective paying of damages, like pay the tiddlers but leave the biggies out.

scoopyboy
22-09-2016, 11:41 AM
I reckon our highly-paid legal rep would drive a coach and horses through that.

Agreed, if beaks 1 and 2 were stupid enough to say that aloud in public.

Otherwise our highly paid legal rep would never know.

BSEJVT
22-09-2016, 11:42 AM
That response is a bit OTT - I presume you have some personal issue that you are reflecting here?

You were trying to make a point that people who were on the pitch had not been contributing, that can't be shown one way or another.

If you are going to make repeated comments then expect repeated answers.

Why would you be interested in keeping a record of who has contributed or not?

It seems to me you are the one with the issues as you are like a dog with a bone over this.

Always feeling you have to defend or justify your actions, but never quite convincing yourself or anyone else.

I might have thought that the wink gave away the fact that I was gently poking fun, but people see what they want to see.

You will need to point me in the direction of the repeated comments, other than clarifying your comments that's my one and only post on the thread, if you have nothing better to do than hark back to old threads to justify your position, crack on.

Time has moved on and as there will never be consensus on the issue it is futile rehashing the debate.

I am sure if one were to look hard enough at one's (I hate that pretentious one crap but cant think of a better may to depersonalise this point) individual posts in the past that one's individual viewpoint's on player A have changed from he's crap to he's brilliant, back to he's crap again, but it proves nothing its a point of view at a point in time.

If one cant move forward one is destined to live in the past.

The only one person I am interested in whether they have contributed or not is you, as you have vehemently denied that going on the pitch caused a problem when the compensation or whatever we are raising money for, that Hibs are having to pay is proof positive that it did.

It seems fair that having been part of the problem and proud to both trumpet that and defend it, you should be part of the solution?

Whether you do or don't I couldn't give a toss.

Over and out

northstandhibby
22-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Hi matey..... PayPal worked for me, when at the actual payment page the link is to the right of all the credit/switch card options. :thumbsup:

Done, thanks mate.

:thumbsup:

Galahibby
22-09-2016, 02:51 PM

£1.1 million? Seriously?? So a couple of advertising boards are worth more than the entire rest of Hampden?! Not doubting your info, but it seems excessive for what it is.

marinello59
22-09-2016, 03:09 PM
£1.1 million? Seriously?? So a couple of advertising boards are worth more than the entire rest of Hampden?! Not doubting your info, but it seems excessive for what it is.

It is excessive. There is no way that a few clipped together LCD screens cost that much to replace.

Albanian Hibs
22-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Donation made. Worth it for the wee bit of the turf that's now in my mum's garden, even though I was not on the pitch.

grammyb111
22-09-2016, 03:27 PM
It is excessive. There is no way that a few clipped together LCD screens cost that much to replace.

From what I hear the LED boards should not have been 'secured' in place, something to do with public safety (if there was an incident in the stands folks would need to run on the pitch and the boards would need to be kicked over straight away). The point was that they were pegged in and so whoever did that is in trouble... Which thankfully isn't Hibs!

CallumLaidlaw
22-09-2016, 03:43 PM
From what I hear the LED boards should not have been 'secured' in place, something to do with public safety (if there was an incident in the stands folks would need to run on the pitch and the boards would need to be kicked over straight away). The point was that they were pegged in and so whoever did that is in trouble... Which thankfully isn't Hibs!

From the Scottish Daily Mail on the 18th June -

A COUNCIL is facing legal action for £800,000 by an advertising company that claims its hoardings were damaged in the Scottish Cup Final pitch invasion.

The Football Company Scotland (FCS) is using early 19th century legislation to seek the huge payout from Glasgow City Council, saying LED advertising hoardings at the Hampden match were damaged by fans.

But council sources said it ‘beggars belief’ that it could end up paying out for damage done by supporters.

The hoardings were damaged when fans invaded the pitch after Hibernian beat Rangers 3-2.

Now FCS has issued a claim to the council for £800,000, plus VAT, using the Riotous Assemblies (Scotland) Act 1822. It says the victim of ‘any unlawful, riotous or tumultuous assembly of persons’ can

‘Taxpayers will be appalled’

claim ‘full compensation for the loss or injury by summary action against the council’. It is understood the FCS claim relates to damage to its equipment.

A council source said: ‘Taxpayers will be appalled to learn they may have to foot the bill for vandalism at the cup final.

‘There’s footage all over the internet that clearly shows the blame for the damage lies with supposedly over-exuberant football fans. It beggars belief that some obscure, 200-year-old legislation could force the council to cover the cost of their behaviour.’

So far, 32 people have been arrested in relation to the riot after Hibs won the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years.

Thousands of Hibs fans invaded the pitch and there were reports of alleged assaults on Rangers players. A number of Rangers supporters also came onto the pitch and clashed with rival fans.

The pitch invasion delayed the presentation of the trophy and there was no lap of honour by Hibs. The Rangers players received their medals in the dressing room.

FCS managing director Kenny Wittman said: ‘Our solicitors are looking at a number of different options regarding the Scottish Cup Final.’

A Glasgow City Council spokesman said: ‘A claim has been received and will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.’

Meanwhile, a fan involved in the invasion has admitted running on to the pitch and assaulting opposing fans.

John Galbraith, 31, pleaded guilty when he appeared from custody at Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday.

He admitted conducting himself in a disorderly manner during the football match, running onto the field of play and breaching the peace on May 21 at Hampden Park.

Galbraith, from Dumbarton, also admitted assaulting two opposition supporters by punching and kicking one and punching another.

He pleaded guilty to assaulting a security guard by seizing hold of him.

Sheriff Walter Mercer deferred sentence until next month.

He granted bail, with the special condition Galbraith does not attend any UK football match.

Three other men denied various charges when they appeared from custody at the same court.

Gary Bain, 40, of Pollok, Glasgow, is accused of running onto the field after the final whistle towards an opposition fan, raising his fist and behaving in an aggressive manner.

Mark Hendry, 42, from Shettleston in Glasgow is alleged to have entered the field, seized a corner flag pole and repeatedly swung the pole and hit opposition fans with it.

Steven Morrison, 21, from Glasgow’s Swinton, is accused of climbing a barrier and running onto the pitch, shouting, gesticulating at opposition supporters, singing sectarian songs and fighting with rival fans.

Each of the men was granted bail, with the condition they did not go to any UK football match. Trials were set for January next year.

‘Our solicitors are looking at options’

CropleyWasGod
22-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Hampden is worth less than a million? I know it's a hole, but have you got your decimal point in the wrong place? [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
22-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Will contribute at the start of next month when I have a bit more money.

People who have bits of turf or goalposts should hand them into the HSA and they could auction them off to help towards the fund :greengrin

As for the Advertising boards, if Hibs end up being found liable for them that's a hell of a lot of money if what folk are saying on here is true regarding the cost of the damage ..... It would help if somewhere down the line somebody would find out exactly what the SFA are liable for, it was their event not Hibs or Sevco's for that matter, when do they take some responsibility?
There's footage on YouTube where a hun is posting images of hibbies on the pitch and mouthing about it, he's also been thick enough to include some quality footage of the hun invasion including them flattening said boards!

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
22-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Damage caused by the fans, paid by the fans. Seems fair :agree:

Once the damage is paid for by The fans.
The fans will then be emptying the piggy banks to pay for the legal fees. Which will be far more than 4k. But the clowns on the park will still say It Was Worth It.

Franck Le God
22-09-2016, 04:17 PM
The fans will then be emptying the piggy banks to pay for the legal fees. Which will be far more than 4k. But the clowns on the park will still say It Was Worth It.

I'm not sure I understand the issue you have with all this.

There's a bill to be paid, the fans are willing to pay towards it. Some of those fans were on the pitch, some weren't.

End of story.

Ringothedog
22-09-2016, 04:23 PM

That's other people's choice, they can either pay or not. It is the same choice you have, nobody is forcing anybody to contribute. I still think it looked a magnificent sight at the time but in hindsight has caused us no end of bother both reputationaly and shortly financially.

Galahibby
22-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Hampden is worth less than a million? I know it's a hole, but have you got your decimal point in the wrong place? [emoji1]

Was my sarcastic dissing of our 'showpiece' national stadium a shade too subtle? :wink:

Itsnoteasy
22-09-2016, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure I understand the issue you have with all this.

There's a bill to be paid, the fans are willing to pay towards it. Some of those fans were on the pitch, some weren't.

End of story.

The point is The fans will pay for the damage.
Will they also stump up for the hefty legal bill that follows.

Itsnoteasy
22-09-2016, 04:47 PM
That's other people's choice, they can either pay or not. It is the same choice you have, nobody is forcing anybody to contribute. I still think it looked a magnificent sight at the time but in hindsight has caused us no end of bother both reputationly and shortly financially.

:top marks

Pete
22-09-2016, 04:55 PM
That's other people's choice, they can either pay or not. It is the same choice you have, nobody is forcing anybody to contribute. I still think it looked a magnificent sight at the time but in hindsight has caused us no end of bother both reputationly and shortly financially.

No end of bother reputationaly?

I'm not sure about that.

CropleyWasGod
22-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Was my sarcastic dissing of our 'showpiece' national stadium a shade too subtle? :wink:

Clearly:)))))))))

Keith_M
22-09-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm sure all those that actually did run onto the pitch and cause the damage will now be very happy to dig deep to pay for it.

Gmack7
23-09-2016, 05:33 AM
I was briefly on the pitch celebrating, No shenanigans. Donated

gorgie greens
23-09-2016, 05:43 AM

Pretty obvious I'll no be donating. Can't see how my view would stop someone else from donating. Oh & thanks for the Gorgie quote. NOT heard that one before.
Lets see how many times I'm called a jambo or a hun.

This gorgie green will be donating , i was not on the pitch and sad to say i missed our greatset day in my life time

Dobosz83
23-09-2016, 06:42 AM
That's me donated. I must confess to being a bit exuberant on 21/05...

whiskyhibby
23-09-2016, 06:48 AM
I wasn't anywhere the pitch, up on the south stand top tier, but a donation has been made as the club shouldn't have to bear this expense :hibees

southfieldhibby
23-09-2016, 07:10 AM
A veritable bargain price, and well done to those foot soldiers who showed restraint and consideration to the stadium, our football club and fellow supporters by keeping the damage to the absolute minimum .

Even when we're being a wee bit naughty, we're doing it with absolute class.

Will donate [emoji172]

southsider
24-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Not on the pitch but vast majority of those that were had fun. Bollocks to the new Gers and to the killjoys. Best day off my life. Will donate to the fund.

McHibby
24-09-2016, 04:16 PM

Me too, and definitely contributing.
I actually ended on the pitch cos I was helping this old boy* who wanted to go down, he was 72 😂 Then I got the obligatory selfie and got myself out of there.

*pretty sure he dug up the pitch, smashed a couple of Rangers fans, battered three Rangers players within an inch of their lives, stole a horse and charged the away end knocking elderly ladies and children unconscious with his walking stick, put the nut on two police officers and goaded the Rangers fans into a bit of restraint. Hibs fans are just the worst.

BSEJVT
26-09-2016, 06:55 PM
bump

Kojock
26-09-2016, 07:54 PM
bump

£1274 donated by 87 people, only 26% of the total raised. Pretty disappointing contribution from the thousands of fans who were on the pitch that day.

Phil MaGlass
26-09-2016, 08:17 PM
That's other people's choice, they can either pay or not. It is the same choice you have, nobody is forcing anybody to contribute. I still think it looked a magnificent sight at the time but in hindsight has caused us no end of bother both reputationaly and shortly financially.

Reputationally. Yir kiddin right, the match was shown live in Holland and EVERY single one of my mates and family thought the pitch invasion was brilliant. The game itself was a great advertisement for our game. So folks please stop peddlin the myth that it was bad for us. It wasnt. You really have tae stop readin the daily ****** and get out more often.

Jack
26-09-2016, 08:36 PM
£1274 donated by 87 people, only 26% of the total raised. Pretty disappointing contribution from the thousands of fans who were on the pitch that day.

They're waiting on pay day apparently.

All 2,913 of them!

Because they were worth it.

superfurryhibby
26-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Reputationally. Yir kiddin right, the match was shown live in Holland and EVERY single one of my mates and family thought the pitch invasion was brilliant. The game itself was a great advertisement for our game. So folks please stop peddlin the myth that it was bad for us. It wasnt. You really have tae stop readin the daily ****** and get out more often.

Yep, the players and management team will always be grateful for the pich invasion right enough.

HibernianJK
26-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Yep, the players and management team will always be grateful for the pich invasion right enough.

When it boils down to it, I don't think they will really care

scoopyboy
27-09-2016, 10:09 AM

You will find out soon how financially crippling the pitch invasion was for us.

Be prepared for an unpleasant surprise.

scoopyboy
27-09-2016, 10:12 AM
When it boils down to it, I don't think they will really care

You're probably right the management team are out of it and the players won't be affected, what's left of them.

However the fans might well turn out to be bothered and the Hibs board without doubt care a helluva lot.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2016, 10:52 AM

Suspect the same, maybe we'll get to "defer" payment like the previous the rangers fine?

lyonhibs
27-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Is this doomsday warning based on some insider info?

scoopyboy
27-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Is this doomsday warning based on some insider info?

If I'm guessing at something I say so.

Kato
27-09-2016, 11:11 AM
From the Scottish Daily Mail on the 18th June -

The Mail says £800,000 and ehf claims £1.1M - I doubt either of those figures are in any way correct.

Glory Lurker
27-09-2016, 11:34 AM

Not liking this....

Kojock
27-09-2016, 11:44 AM

I'm with you in this one Scoops, if Hibs didn't think s big fine was coming their way they wouldn't hire a very expensive lawyer. Wonder if the people on the pitch will think it was such a jolly jape then.

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2016, 11:47 AM
The folk that were on the pitch need to stop blaming the police for not stopping them and get their hands in their pockets instead to get this fine paid.

IMO.

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2016, 11:51 AM
come on you pitch invaders, get yer hands in yer pockets :agree:

The Green Goblin
27-09-2016, 12:40 PM

As I suspected. Long protracted legal battle to follow?

R'Albin
27-09-2016, 01:14 PM
Very poor from the Hibs fans so far. I thought we would have easily hit the target by now.

givescotlandfreedom
27-09-2016, 03:53 PM
There were some suggestions on here at the time that many were on the pitch because their love and passion for Hibs was so great. That love and passion mustn't extent to paying for what they're going to cost the club in most cases.

BoomtownHibees
27-09-2016, 04:03 PM
I think we need to remember that not everybody involved will be in here to know that there is a collection going on.

Where else has it been mentioned?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-09-2016, 04:03 PM
As I suspected. Long protracted legal battle to follow?

This sounds ominous.

I thought the SFA were liable as it was their match?

Surely hibs cannot be held responsible for security arrangements for a match at hampden?

Andy74
27-09-2016, 04:04 PM
I think we need to remember that not everybody involved will be in here to know that there is a collection going on.

Indeed. Also this is to pay for specific damage. How many folk damaged something?

marinello59
27-09-2016, 04:07 PM

Here. The Bounce. The Supporters club? There must be enough direct contact and word of mouth stuff from that to reach a substantial number of fans.

Ringothedog
27-09-2016, 04:09 PM
There were some suggestions on here at the time that many were on the pitch because their love and passion for Hibs was so great. That love and passion mustn't extent to paying for what they're going to cost the club in most cases.

All of those on the pitch would have to put in about £150-£200 each into "the pot" to cover our upcoming public slaughter and fine imposed by the SFA. The pitch invasion has hamstrung us this season financially when we should have been able to go out and spend money. We will get hammered by the SFA of that there is no doubt.

Andy74
27-09-2016, 04:21 PM
All of those on the pitch would have to put in about £150-£200 each into "the pot" to cover our upcoming public slaughter and fine imposed by the SFA. The pitch invasion has hamstrung us this season financially when we should have been able to go out and spend money. We will get hammered by the SFA of that there is no doubt.

The initial post and the appeal itself was supposed to be in the spirit of helping the club and not apportioning blame. Perhaps many are being put off by the fact that it has moved on to very much apportioning blame and pretty much goading those who were on the pitch.

I think some of the more dramatic theories over size of forthcoming fines doesn't help either. Let's just see.

As I said above this is to cover some specific damage. Most on the pitch were no more connected to that damage than those in the stands so perhaps we should just let people contribute or not as they see fit.

Hamish
27-09-2016, 04:45 PM
The initial post and the appeal itself was supposed to be in the spirit of helping the club and not apportioning blame. Perhaps many are being put off by the fact that it has moved on to very much apportioning blame and pretty much goading those who were on the pitch.

I think some of the more dramatic theories over size of forthcoming fines doesn't help either. Let's just see.

As I said above this is to cover some specific damage. Most on the pitch were no more connected to that damage than those in the stands so perhaps we should just let people contribute or not as they see fit.

Fair points.

I would say though when we have a poster who has decent contacts in the club posting that it will be an unpleasant surprise, then we should be bracing ourselves.

marinello59
27-09-2016, 04:48 PM

How much have you chucked in? :greengrin

green day
27-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Wasnt on the pitch, but only because my dad wasnt up to it.

Have just donated anyway, whatever little helps.

To be honest, in hindsight this should have been set up in the immediate aftermath when the euphoria was at its height.

We could have put buckets round on the parade sunday and got more than this total in about ten minutes !!

Might be more impetus behind the collection when / if we get hammered by the SFA in a couple of weeks.

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Nah doesn't sit right with me,contributing towards the cost of vandalism caused by others. I totally get why folk wanted to run onto the pitch to celebrate but to vandalise seats and the pitch is too far.I appreciate the goalposts broke under the sheer weight but that's it.

Carheenlea
27-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Half the folk that invaded the pitch are probably nowhere near ER on a regular basis.

stoneyburn hibs
27-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Half the folk that invaded the pitch are probably nowhere near ER on a regular basis.

Half the folk that were at the game are nowhere near ER on a regular basis.

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Indeed. Also this is to pay for specific damage. How many folk damaged something?

It could be argued that everyone on the pitch damaged something. The clubs reputation...

tamig
27-09-2016, 08:44 PM

Nonsense. i doubt the turf would have been ripped up if there were only a couple of hundred on the pitch.

Smartie
27-09-2016, 08:49 PM
It could be argued that everyone on the pitch damaged something. The clubs reputation...

Amongst certain groups of people - fans of the Rangers, our media, our footballing authorities and the hand-wringing element of our own support.

The vast majority of fans of other clubs thought it was pretty cool and don't think anything more or less of our club as a result of a moment of exuberance brought on by a special moment more than a century in the making.

TBH in some quarters you could say it enhanced our reputation.

O'Rourke3
27-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Amongst certain groups of people - fans of the Rangers, our media, our footballing authorities and the hand-wringing element of our own support.

The vast majority of fans of other clubs thought it was pretty cool and don't think anything more or less of our club as a result of a moment of exuberance brought on by a special moment more than a century in the making.

TBH in some quarters you could say it enhanced our reputation.

I'm sure all those others will also chip in then...phew After all when the wild one in the class was cheeky and enhanced their reputation to the others kids in the class their appreciation didn't extend to volunteering for the punishment.

Andy74
27-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Nonsense. i doubt the turf would have been ripped up if there were only a couple of hundred on the pitch.

It's an odd argument. Folk that cause damage would be that way inclined regardless. Others on the pitch were no more responsible for the actions of those people than anyone in the stands.

tamig
27-09-2016, 09:41 PM
It's an odd argument. Folk that cause damage would be that way inclined regardless. Others on the pitch were no more responsible for the actions of those people than anyone in the stands.

Perhaps not intentionally, but the sheer numbers on the pitch probably gave the others an opportunity to carry out their deeds. If less had been on the pitch I doubt we'd have seen the same extent of damage. So I don't agree that the others on the pitch were no more responsible than those in the stands.

Steve-O
28-09-2016, 11:06 AM

Exactly. I have NEVER seen a celebratory pitch invasion and thought ill of the club or fans involved.

KeithTheHibby
28-09-2016, 12:53 PM
I was on the pitch. Didn't damage a thing.

Should I have to contribute?

northstandhibby
28-09-2016, 12:55 PM

Except for the club not being able to parade the cup in front of the fans.

Like others I didn't go on the pitch but still contributed.

KeithTheHibby
28-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Except for the club not being able to parade the cup in front of the fans.

Like others I didn't go on the pitch but still contributed.

That is all down to personal opinion.

I reckon the cup wasn't paraded because of the trouble caused by the few knobs who thought it wise to try and goad the Huns and throw a couple of handbags at hun players. The vandalism of the goals and turf clearly didn't help either.

SunshineOnLeith
28-09-2016, 12:58 PM

You, sir, are worse than Hitler.

northstandhibby
28-09-2016, 01:06 PM
You, sir, are worse than Hitler.

Either that or as tight as a camels behind in a sandstorm.

Put at least a fiver in Keith the hibby.

GGTTH

southsider
28-09-2016, 01:14 PM
In 10 years time all the fans who are lamblasting those who went on the pitch will be shouting from the rooftops that THEY too were on the pitch and there were 60,000 on the pitch that day. I didn't go on because I was with my mrs and she would have got lost but I enjoyed watching those that were on having a great old time. Give donation before game on Sunday.

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 01:22 PM
In 10 years time all the fans who are lamblasting those who went on the pitch will be shouting from the rooftops that THEY too were on the pitch and there were 60,000 on the pitch that day. I didn't go on because I was with my mrs and she would have got lost but I enjoyed watching those that were on having a great old time. Give donation before game on Sunday.
I didn't go on, my missus did and will be paying.

ehf
28-09-2016, 03:03 PM

Or not, as the case may be :wink:

KeithTheHibby
28-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Either that or as tight as a camels behind in a sandstorm.

Put at least a fiver in Keith the hibby.

GGTTH

I'm not saying I won't, point I was making was regarding the fact that I didn't do any damage.

my left peg
28-09-2016, 03:34 PM
can I get my tenner back....

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Blaster
28-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Or not, as the case may be :wink:

Maybe need to think about why it's case dismissed. My guess is the lawyers etc hibs hired have done a very good job....

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Maybe need to think about why it's case dismissed. My guess is the lawyers etc hibs hired have done a very good job....

And wouldnt have come cheap...!

surreyhibbie
28-09-2016, 03:48 PM

or maybe they decided it was all The Rangers fault and they were afraid to criticise them, so had to drop all charges...:greengrin:greengrin

Blaster
28-09-2016, 03:50 PM
And wouldnt have come cheap...!

Yeah no idea what the cost would likely be but paying for the best may have saved some money overall. Still cost hibs money we could have spent on the team

Blaster
28-09-2016, 03:51 PM
or maybe they decided it was all The Rangers fault and they were afraid to criticise them, so had to drop all charges...:greengrin:greengrin

That would be funny

HibsNutter
28-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Right, geez my money back :greengrin

EDIT: See Hibs have paid a sum, which I assume is around the mark set by HSA, dinny give me it back.

patlowe
28-09-2016, 04:28 PM
We've paid for the damage to the pitch.

Arch Stanton
28-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Right, geez my money back :greengrin

EDIT: See Hibs have paid a sum, which I assume is around the mark set by HSA, dinny give me it back.

Unless of course TheHibsClub is away on a familly holiday with the money. Or am I maligning this Tom Hall guy? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Maybe we should now start a collection to pay our lawyers? :)

Arch Stanton
28-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Yeah no idea what the cost would likely be but paying for the best may have saved some money overall. Still cost hibs money we could have spent on the team

Mind you the pitch invasion could actually become a money earner for the club. Id certainly put it in the Cup Final Video as a big climax in slow motion a la Chariots of Fire - intermixed with Henderson Delivers of course.

SunshineOnLeith
28-09-2016, 05:01 PM

Lol

Keith_M
28-09-2016, 05:04 PM
can I get my tenner back....

I want 50 quid

my left peg
28-09-2016, 05:06 PM
I think we paid for the damage anyway today...so they can keep my tenner!

Keith_M
28-09-2016, 05:07 PM

Another scoop, was it?

Or maybe it was just a 'done deal'.

Blaster
28-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Another scoop, was it?

Or maybe you are solely looking at the fine aspect and not the real reason we didn't get one. This will still have cost hibs a decent sum of money

Nakedmanoncrack
28-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Another scoop, was it?

:agree:

my left peg
28-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Another scoop, was it?

[emoji2] just what I was thinking!

Ronniekirk
28-09-2016, 05:58 PM
We've paid for the damage to the pitch.

The Club has paid for damage done The money being raised can still go to the Club presumably or should anyone else thinking of contributing not now do so ?

Steve-O
28-09-2016, 06:24 PM
How are all the hand wringers feeling now? :hilarious

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 06:28 PM

I would imagine everyone is feeling the same,relieved that there will be no sanctions against the club due to the actions of some fans..............Are you any different?

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 06:32 PM

Relieved that the GFA never got to give us the hammering they and their hun friends wanted to because their own rules made it impossible, mainly because it wasn't actually that clear what the rules intended or how a club could possibly comply / defend itself.

Andy74
28-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Another scoop, was it?

There will still have been costs in fighting our case but great that it's the extent of the outlay.

scoopyboy
28-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Another scoop, was it?

I'm delighted but it has still cost Hibs a lot of money.

Could have been a lot worse.

scoopyboy
28-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Lol

Me too, lol

The Green Goblin
28-09-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm delighted but it has still cost Hibs a lot of money.

Could have been a lot worse.

:agree: Not sure why some people on this thread are being so smug towards you personally about it. Firstly, there's nae need to delight in "getting it round" a fellow hibee (and long time poster) like yourself who contributes a lot of good stuff to the board - that's pretty pathetic tbh - and second, whilst we could have faced much worse, as you said, every penny of the significant amount of money we just spent on a top level lawyer to defend us (plus other bills connected to this) is money that wasn't spent on the team or other more important things.

Am I glad? - yes, delighted. Am I going to laugh at other posters who were worried our club might suffer a heavy fine? - no. And neither should anyone else. Imo.

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 11:13 PM
:agree: Not sure why some people on this thread are being so smug towards you personally about it. Firstly, there's nae need to delight in "getting it round" a fellow hibee (and long time poster) like yourself who contributes a lot of good stuff to the board - that's pretty pathetic tbh - and second, whilst we could have faced much worse, as you said, every penny of the significant amount of money we just spent on a top level lawyer to defend us (plus other bills connected to this) is money that wasn't spent on the team or other more important things.

Am I glad? - yes, delighted. Am I going to laugh at other posters who were worried our club might suffer a heavy fine? - no. And neither should anyone else. Imo.
[emoji106]

SunshineOnLeith
28-09-2016, 11:19 PM

Not laughing at anyone who was worried.

I'm laughing at scoopyboy for telling us it was going to be 'financially crippling'.

Big90inOz
29-09-2016, 05:02 AM

:top marks:top marks

Well said, there are too many who glory in seeing posters get something wrong. Thankfully they are always 100% correct and factual in everything they post and do in life...............................

marinello59
29-09-2016, 05:19 AM

Steve-O
29-09-2016, 05:43 AM
Relieved that the GFA never got to give us the hammering they and their hun friends wanted to because their own rules made it impossible, mainly because it wasn't actually that clear what the rules intended or how a club could possibly comply / defend itself.

Happy that common sense has prevailed and the knee jerkers are unable to get on their high horse and criticise thousands of exuberant Hibees.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-09-2016, 05:50 AM
:top marks:top marks

Well said, there are too many who glory in seeing posters get something wrong. Thankfully they are always 100% correct and factual in everything they post and do in life...............................

Welcome to the Internet...

For the kids out there it wasn't always like that. And there was a time when trolling hadn't been introduced.

Glad the verdict was favourable. I do think people need to be accountable for their actions and where there is criminal activity warrants Police scrutiny. I am saddened that the narrative of our most joyous of days was hijacksoned - if there was any intent on "spoiling" of the day that was it.
#HeFailedAgaintTho

scoopyboy
29-09-2016, 07:08 AM
Not laughing at anyone who was worried.

I'm laughing at scoopyboy for telling us it was going to be 'financially crippling'.

I'm laughing too SOL, mightily relieved.

I don't know if Hibs will make it known what they paid in legal fees and for the damage to the SFA but it is a substantial amount.

A fine on top of that would not have been nice.

scoopyboy
29-09-2016, 07:15 AM

Occupational hazard of posting information on an internet forum GG.

I would rather post info and be wrong than post nothing and just take pot shots at other peoples info.:greengrin

In this instance I am over the moon about getting this one wrong (never been happier to get something wrong in fact) in terms of a fine but the legal costs are still a blow.

Oscar T Grouch
29-09-2016, 07:30 AM
The company I work for are employing a top lawyers firm at the moment. I process their bills. They charge by the minute, responding to an email, took 12 minutes, cost £160. That isn't even their top rate (partner) which is £240 for 12 minutes. Now imagine the time and the team of lawyers that have worked in this for Hibs and you can maybe guess what the legal bill has cost us. It will not be insignificant.

nonshinyfinish
29-09-2016, 07:35 AM

Well said.

I've donated (although I wasn't in the pitch, I was in the stand engaged in what has been described by witnesses as 'very dignified crying').

Brightside
29-09-2016, 07:54 AM

Some people are and continue to be utter dicks on this forum. The snide continue to be snide. Thankfully it doesnt stop the more mature posters from contributing.
:aok:

oldbutdim
29-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Some people are and continue to be utter dicks on this forum. The snide continue to be snide. Thankfully it doesnt stop the more mature posters from contributing.
:aok:

Thank you.

:smug:

Golden Bear
29-09-2016, 08:04 AM

Well said Sir.

Just because we escaped a fine doesn't detract from the fact that the whole saga will have cost the Club a great deal in terms of financial resources, staff time and unwanted/undeserved bad publicity.

hibee_nation
29-09-2016, 08:21 AM
The amount of angst it has caused the hun hordes seems like it was money well spent.
The last minute winner and pitch invasion was and will always be in Hibs history as our finest hour glad i was able to participate.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Occupational hazard of posting information on an internet forum GG.

I would rather post info and be wrong than post nothing and just take pot shots at other peoples info.:greengrin

In this instance I am over the moon about getting this one wrong (never been happier to get something wrong in fact) in terms of a fine but the legal costs are still a blow.

You had me worried mate, precisely because you have a good track record.

Without defending you too much, because im sure you dont need it, your point will still be valid that Hibs will, im sure, have kept back a contingency, so even if we can now release those funds for other things, it still probably hampered our summer transfer activity and therefore the team. And of course the expensive lawyers will need paid.

Onion
29-09-2016, 08:45 AM
The amount of angst it has caused the hun hordes seems like it was money well spent.
The last minute winner and pitch invasion was and will always be in Hibs history as our finest hour glad i was able to participate.

Agreed, what's done is done. The pitch invasion has cost the club a lot of time and money dealing with the aftermath but there's no point trying to cherry-pick the best bits of 21 May in some vein hope of constructing the perfect day. This is Hibs, and it was perfect. Overall, the club has benefited massively from it.

At the time, I was worried about the outcome but looking back now all it has done it keep that great day in the media and top of mind. Still can't believe we did it :greengrin

hibs0666
29-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Another scoop, was it?

Snidey?

Wilson
29-09-2016, 09:49 AM

The last minute winner would have been our finest hour anyway.

pacoluna
29-09-2016, 10:32 AM
It's the same " mature posters" that spout p*sh on this thinking they know all the ins and outs when they know bugger all. Then if you criticise them your post gets deleted or you get chucked off the forum. Same posters same rubbish each day and when you disagree your ridiculed, its boring. yet if some new poster gets something wrong they are lambasted.

Ps why do posters keep on saying "I wasn't on the pitch" but I donated? Well good for you, congratulations .Who cares if you were on the pitch or not the case has been dealt with.

Pretty Boy
29-09-2016, 10:35 AM
I'd hope people will still put their hands in their pockets and help the HSA reach the target to hand over to Hibs.

As has been said the club will still have incurred significant costs as a result of events at Hampden in May. I wasn't on the pitch but enjoyed the spectacle so was happy to chuck into the pot. Many of those on the pitch described the moment as 'priceless', with that in mind it stands to reason it's worth a spare £5 or £10 to help out regardless of whether you deliberately caused damage or otherwise?

Just Alf
29-09-2016, 10:49 AM
I'd hope people will still put their hands in their pockets and help the HSA reach the target to hand over to Hibs.

As has been said the club will still have incurred significant costs as a result of events at Hampden in May. I wasn't on the pitch but enjoyed the spectacle so was happy to chuck into the pot. Many of those on the pitch described the moment as 'priceless', with that in mind it stands to reason it's worth a spare £5 or £10 to help out regardless of whether you deliberately caused damage or otherwise?
Indeed... this whole thread seems to have gone off the rails :-(

In really simple terms Hibs have paid £4000 odd to cover damage at hampden

The question is ... "do you want to help minimise the impact directly on the club"

Making a payment isnt helping those who went on the pitch, it helps the club!

That said, if you did indeed go on then id say making a payment is a GOOD IDEA!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
29-09-2016, 10:49 AM
It's the same " mature posters" that spout p*sh on this thinking they know all the ins and outs when they know bugger all. Then if you criticise them your post gets deleted or you get chucked off the forum. Same posters same rubbish each day and when you disagree your ridiculed, its boring. yet if some new poster gets something wrong they are lambasted.

For a bit balance it's also the same 'mature posters' and a lot of the newer ones as well I'd add who have kept the site going over the years by paying for private membership, who have given their time and money to support charities such as Leith Links and the Dnipro Appeal, who have offered moral support to their fellow fans in need, who have supported competitions, sponsorships, initiatives etc we have run to allow us to spend over £65000 with the club in various ways........

It's easy to pick up on the negative sometimes and ignore the positive.

staunchhibby
29-09-2016, 10:53 AM
Well said pretty

scoopyboy
29-09-2016, 11:10 AM

Ps why do posters keep on saying "I wasn't on the pitch" but I donated? Well good for you, congratulations .Who cares if you were on the pitch or not the case has been dealt with.

Just name them then.

pacoluna
29-09-2016, 11:13 AM
For a bit balance it's also the same 'mature posters' and a lot of the newer ones as well I'd add who have kept the site going over the years by paying for private membership, who have given their time and money to support charities such as Leith Links and the Dnipro Appeal, who have offered moral siupport to their fellow fans in need, who have supported competitions, sponsorships, initiatives etc we have run to allow us to spend over £65000 with the club in various ways........

It's easy to pick up on the negative sometimes and ignore the positive.

I'm not questioning their charitable generosity, I'm questioning their input to discussions, same drivel just a different day. It's like they have an inferior complex that as if somehow they are more connected to hibs than others its ridiculous

marinello59
29-09-2016, 11:18 AM
I'm not questioning their charitable generosity, I'm questioning their input to discussions, same drivel just a different day. It's like they have an inferior complex that as if somehow they are more hibs than others its ridiculous

Give it a rest. If you don't like the forum and its members then there are plenty of other places you can post uplifting gems like this. I wouldn't hang out somewhere I had such obvious contempt for.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Just name them then.

Wouldn't that be against the forum rules??

Whilst I wouldn't have made the point in the same manner, it is still a valid one.

Not having a go at you at all but when some of us were saying that nothing would come from the investigations we were shot down by those saying we would definitely get a hefty fine.

Only seems fair to be able to come back and say told you so :na na:

scoopyboy
29-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Wouldn't that be against the forum rules??

Whilst I wouldn't have made the point in the same manner, it is still a valid one.

Not having a go at you at all but when some of us were saying that nothing would come from the investigations we were shot down by those saying we would definitely get a hefty fine.

Only seems fair to be able to come back and say told you so :na na:

No sure if it's against forum rules or not to be honest.

I was more of the name the posters that slaver pish day in day out so it helps those posters that are unsure of their identities.

I've no gripe with you or anyone else saying told you so.

I expected a punishment from the SFA and posted as much, so yes I was wrong. However if you read back my posts my other point was that it was costing Hibs a fortune in legal costs and I stand by that. It could be argued though that it was money well spent.

pacoluna
29-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Give it a rest. If you don't like the forum and its members then there are plenty of other places you can post uplifting gems like this. I wouldn't hang out somewhere I had such obvious contempt for.
About as uplifting as all the doom merchants who days after the final were calling those who ran on the pitch everything under sun and blaming them/us for the "major" financial implications that would be coming our way.

marinello59
29-09-2016, 11:29 AM
About as uplifting as all the doom merchants who days after the final were calling those who ran on the pitch everything under sun and blaming them/us for the "major" financial implications that would be coming our way.

Well maybe you could challenge them without the insults. Even with a bit of humour?

Pretty Boy
29-09-2016, 11:32 AM

Not really true though is it?

There were a few who were vocally against the pitch invasion, a few who were very supportive of it and a vast majority who pointed out they weren't on the pitch but understood why some chose to be.

And like it or not those on the pitch are to blame for the costs Hibs have incurred which, applying common sense, will still be relatively high. That's not calling anyone names, just being realistic.

southern hibby
29-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Not sure about the technicalities or legal aspect of what I'm about to suggest but,,,,,, could Hibs not sue the SFA for legal fees?

If the SFA's own rules state we were not to blame as our legal team proved could we not sue them under ( let's say negligence on their part) for actually accusing and charging us with something that could never be proven guilty for under their own rules???

Not sure if this could be done or not but I'd find it highly amusing if we did and won......

GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2016, 11:35 AM
It could be argued though that it was money well spent.

Have a read of the Hearts or Rangers forums - worth every penny!!

Hibs Class
29-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Not sure about the technicalities or legal aspect of what I'm about to suggest but,,,,,, could Hibs not sue the SFA for legal fees?

If the SFA's own rules state we were not to blame as our legal team proved could we not sue them under ( let's say negligence on their part) for actually accusing and charging us with something that could never be proven guilty for under their own rules???

Not sure if this could be done or not but I'd find it highly amusing if we did and won......

GGTTH

The club would incur even more legal fees if we did it and lost! Best to draw a line and instead just sit back and enjoy the hun seethe which shows no sign of abating.

southern hibby
29-09-2016, 11:42 AM
The club would incur even more legal fees if we did it and lost! Best to draw a line and instead just sit back and enjoy the hun seethe which shows no sign of abating.

Totally agree about legal fees being more expensive if we lost but I'm in the camp that we won already due to the SFA's own rules proving we were not at fault so having to then pay legal fees to prove your innocence to me is wrong.

Also imagine the seeth if we did win lol

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
29-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Totally agree about legal fees being more expensive if we lost but I'm in the camp that we won already due to the SFA's own rules proving we were not at fault so having to then pay legal fees to prove your innocence to me is wrong.

Also imagine the seeth if we did win lol

GGTTH

Is there not some UEFA regulation stopping you from taking legal action against governing bodies. Sure some team (maybe even TheRangers) were threatening it a few years ago

hibee_nation
29-09-2016, 11:50 AM
£20 donated, worth every penny. GGTTH :flag:

Seveno
29-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Leaving aside the allegations of bringing negative publicity to the crowd and the legal costs expended, I would like to speak on behalf of a large number of fans that stayed at their seats.

To some extent, I can understand that the wave of euphoria overcame some fans and they had an unforgettable time on the pitch, but it was at the expense of others. I sang my heart out at Sunshine on Leith but it would have been so much better had the team been on the pitch parading the Cup. Being in the South Stand, I had a poor view of the presentation and desperately wanted to see a lap of honour. I have wonderful memories of 2007 but this would have been so much better and would have been unforgettable for all Hibs fans.

southsider
29-09-2016, 12:34 PM
I know 2 millionaires and a Chartered Accountant who were on the pitch. Unforgetable day.

hibs0666
29-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Leaving aside the allegations of bringing negative publicity to the crowd and the legal costs expended, I would like to speak on behalf of a large number of fans that stayed at their seats.

To some extent, I can understand that the wave of euphoria overcame some fans and they had an unforgettable time on the pitch, but it was at the expense of others. I sang my heart out at Sunshine on Leith but it would have been so much better had the team been on the pitch parading the Cup. Being in the South Stand, I had a poor view of the presentation and desperately wanted to see a lap of honour. I have wonderful memories of 2007 but this would have been so much better and would have been unforgettable for all Hibs fans.

What's done is done.

Golden Bear
29-09-2016, 12:41 PM
I know 2 millionaires and a Chartered Accountant who were on the pitch. Unforgetable day.

Hope you've told them to get their wallets out.

:greengrin

lucky
29-09-2016, 02:32 PM
The company I work for are employing a top lawyers firm at the moment. I process their bills. They charge by the minute, responding to an email, took 12 minutes, cost £160. That isn't even their top rate (partner) which is £240 for 12 minutes. Now imagine the time and the team of lawyers that have worked in this for Hibs and you can maybe guess what the legal bill has cost us. It will not be insignificant.

I regularly instruct solicitors and QCs. They don't come cheap. But it is possible to cap the amount by agreeing a fee in advance. That being said a QC costs around £600 per hour. I'm sure LD & RP will have known what our bill was going to be in advance. But again this is an unnecessary expense due to fans invading the pitch.

Ronniekirk
29-09-2016, 06:40 PM
£3. 2 Donated Lets Keep this gong and try and raise the Target amount

Beefster
29-09-2016, 07:11 PM
I'm not questioning their charitable generosity, I'm questioning their input to discussions, same drivel just a different day. It's like they have an inferior complex that as if somehow they are more connected to hibs than others its ridiculous

I'll have you know that my drivel changes on a daily basis.

RIP
29-09-2016, 07:31 PM
SERIOUSLY!
Now this.

So when did we start referring to our club as 'Hibs'? Surely it's 'We'?

RIP
29-09-2016, 07:43 PM
The last minute winner would have been our finest hour anyway.

Can understand your view Wilson but not for me. The sight of grandads, lassies, mums and dads with kids on shoulders on the pitch with thousands of others that created an extra special memory. For those of you that stayed in your seats, I totally respect what you did. But I also respect those who celebrated on the field of play. They spoiled nothing.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Can understand your view Wilson but not for me. The sight of grandads, lassies, mums and dads with kids on shoulders on the pitch with thousands of others that created an extra special memory. For those of you that stayed in your seats, I totally respect what you did. But I also respect those who celebrated on the field of play. They spoiled nothing.

It stopped the Cup being paraded, and has cost the Club a shedload in legal fees.......Nothing clever about the invasion in my view

hibee_nation
29-09-2016, 08:43 PM
The GFA stopped the cup being paraded stop rounding on your own fans. We were all off the pitch when the cup was lifted. There was no reason but soor grapes they never got to do a lap of honour.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2016, 08:46 PM
The GFA stopped the cup being paraded stop rounding on your own fans. We were all off the pitch when the cup was lifted. There was no reason but soor grapes they never got to do a lap of honour.

ok then:rolleyes:

Onion
29-09-2016, 09:13 PM
It stopped the Cup being paraded, and has cost the Club a shedload in legal fees.......Nothing clever about the invasion in my view

Don't disagree but got to accept it has generated media coverage and daily reminders way, way beyond what we'd have had without it. By now, our historic cup win would have been consigned to history and swept under the carpet by the reluctant media and embarrassed football authorities.

21 May 2016 was a perfect day. In 20, 30 years time history will recall Sir David Gray's amazing winner, Anthony Stokes destroying The Rangers defence and 25000 Hibs fans celebrating their heads off.

BSEJVT
29-09-2016, 09:35 PM
I have been pretty vocal on this topic in the past, but it is now well past time to move on IMO.

There are 2 different points of view on the topic and I don't think anyone from either camp will be changing their's at this stage.

We can either put that difference behind us and move on or we can continue to bicker over our different views for eternity.

I am delighted that the matter is officially dealt with and now that the worry of official sanctions is behind us, IMO it is time to focus solely on the cup win and put this division behind us.

I think it is churlish to carry this on any longer and arguing for arguing's sake.

I have spent much of the day reviewing the posts relating to the Cup win in the vault and I am as happy and tearful over it now as I was then.

One of the greatest days of my life and nothing will ever change that.

SunshineOnLeith
29-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Don't really get the fuss over the lack of a lap of honour. The spontaneous outpouring of emotion that surrounded the pitch invasion was far more powerful than any stage managed players' walkabout could have been. Beyond 'oooohhh, but it didn't look as good on tv' I don't see the issue.

It was our day. Not the SFA's, or the TV cameras'.

northstandhibby
30-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Don't really get the fuss over the lack of a lap of honour. The spontaneous outpouring of emotion that surrounded the pitch invasion was far more powerful than any stage managed players' walkabout could have been. Beyond 'oooohhh, but it didn't look as good on tv' I don't see the issue.

I didn't go on the pitch but the scenes were absolutely fantastic. It was an outpouring of joyous emotion. It's just a pity the hun thugs came on looking for a brawl or the cup could still have been paraded once the pitch had been cleared peacefully.

GGTTH

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-09-2016, 07:51 AM

Couldnt agree more mate!

barcahibs
30-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Has the appeal raised the money required yet? £5 grand isn't much between the 2-3,000 that were on the pitch?

The thing I've noticed, is that watching YouTube videos of our cup wins I still much prefer watching the aftermath of the league cup. That was such a special occasion seeing the players and John Collins soaking up the adulation of the crowd.

I tend not to watch the Scottish cup videos beyond the final whistle which is a shame

NAE NOOKIE
30-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Trying to donate, but when I click on 'donate' the page comes up and then shoots away in a second ... could just be my computer, anybody else getting that?

ancient hibee
30-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Has the appeal raised the money required yet? £5 grand isn't much between the 2-3,000 that were on the pitch?

The thing I've noticed, is that watching YouTube videos of our cup wins I still much prefer watching the aftermath of the league cup. That was such a special occasion seeing the players and John Collins soaking up the adulation of the crowd.

I tend not to watch the Scottish cup videos beyond the final whistle which is a shame

Onceinawhile
30-09-2016, 08:14 PM
If it's any consolation scoopy, I heard from someone at work who knows Mr petri that we were expecting to get hammered and that weeks worth of work had been thrown into our defence, often at the detriment of other

Onceinawhile
30-09-2016, 08:17 PM

Disagree. Maybe 5,000 people (at a push) were on the pitch, but deprived 15,000 of seeing it paraded and have cost the club a fortune.

Did it spoil my day? No, it didn't. Would I have liked to have seen the trophy taken round? Yes absolutely.

I fully understand why people went on the pitch, but the lack of thought for other people which continues is staggering.

scoopyboy
30-09-2016, 08:31 PM
If it's any consolation scoopy, I heard from someone at work who knows Mr petri that we were expecting to get hammered and that weeks worth of work had been thrown into our defence, often at the detriment of other

It was from within Easter Road that I got the info that we had expected a dull one and that the legal costs were high already.

I'm more than comfortable that we have escaped with a legal bill and the repair bill to be footed.

As others have pointed out the money raised from the Scottish Cup pictures and increased attendances at our League matches will have easily taken care of the legal bill.

If we had lost the final we wouldn't have sold nearly 11,000 seasons, made a whack from the photos and wouldn't have had as many walk ups to League matches which has seen us average 15,000.

Therefore I calculate we are in front. The most pleasing thing from my point of view with the pitch invasion is that we have upset the cream buns no end and their seethe is most enjoyable.

Most important thing of all of course in all this is the fact we won the Scottish Cup.

SunshineOnLeith
30-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Did 'financially crippling' come from within Easter Road or was that your own flourish?

Ronniekirk
30-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Trying to donate, but when I click on 'donate' the page comes up and then shoots away in a second ... could just be my computer, anybody else getting that?

So far only107 fans have contributed on the just giving site and we have only reached 34 % of our total target I make a contribution after the Club had paid the bill so it was working fine then

Glory Lurker
30-09-2016, 08:47 PM
I can only take it that folk giving it the "I told you so" about the final outcome of all this were aware from the start about the inconsistency between Rule 28 and Article 28? I admire that knowledge, but I'm not so impressed that they weren't shouting this out weeks ago. We could have avoided loads of admin hassle if they had.

Baldy Foghorn
30-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Did 'financially crippling' come from within Easter Road or was that your own flourish?

Leave it out eh?

matty_f
30-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Leave it out eh?

:agree: horrendous patter.

Onceinawhile
30-09-2016, 10:05 PM
It was from within Easter Road that I got the info that we had expected a dull one and that the legal costs were high already.

I'm more than comfortable that we have escaped with a legal bill and the repair bill to be footed.

As others have pointed out the money raised from the Scottish Cup pictures and increased attendances at our League matches will have easily taken care of the legal bill.

If we had lost the final we wouldn't have sold nearly 11,000 seasons, made a whack from the photos and wouldn't have had as many walk ups to League matches which has seen us average 15,000.

Therefore I calculate we are in front. The most pleasing thing from my point of view with the pitch invasion is that we have upset the cream buns no end and their seethe is most enjoyable.

Most important thing of all of course in all this is the fact we won the Scottish Cup.

Any evidence of this final paragraph? Or is it just your "own flourish"?:wink:

scoopyboy
30-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Any evidence of this final paragraph? Or is it just your "own flourish"?:wink:

Just made it up to see if any stalker picked me up on it.:greengrin

Beefster
01-10-2016, 07:43 AM

Luckily for us, despite the fact that Scoopyboy doesn't get much wrong, he was wrong this time. He's taken a bit of stick but to keep at it again and again just makes you look like a right trumpet.

Baldy Foghorn
01-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Luckily for us, despite the fact that Scoopyboy doesn't get much wrong, he was wrong this time. He's taken a bit of stick but to keep at it again and again just makes you look like a right trumpet.

:agree::agree: