PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Party / community spirit.

Hibs07p
21-09-2016, 04:12 PM
I was at the event on 2nd September and my son and I were fortunate enough to win the David Gray autographed SC Final programme. (I've claimed it, he will inherit it) :greengrin
On the night, I was given an envelope with a bit of paper in it asking me to claim my prize from the club through contact with Lauren Platt. I duly emailed Lauren to claim my prize, arranged collection about 10 days later. Better than expected, came framed, but nothing to confirm authenticity of the signature. I emailed Lauren on Monday asking if she could provide a letter of authenticity. Today I received an A4 embossed certificate of authenticity, signed by Leeann. Our club has truly become a community club and really does appreciate that our fans are the lifeblood of our club. We have come a long way in the last few years, and still a wee bit to go, but with Leeann at the helm, we will be model that other clubs will follow.
The night was a great success, and I believe the organisers are planning at least 1 more, if you get the chance, get along.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016.

worcesterhibby
21-09-2016, 04:18 PM
nice

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Who'd have thought that off the back of the SC that a positive tour like this would be undertaken?

I think it's a credit to Leeann and the forward thinkers who drempt up this plan. It's reinforcing the great occasion amongst the long suffering Hibernian community that's inspiring. And surely if Hibs are not a club of perseverance personified (and well placed to impart the important. positive learning and messages round never giving up to kids) I like to understand how we could possibly be bettered?

hibs0666
21-09-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm missing the point here obviously. I would have thought that a certificate would only be of use if you want to sell it the programme.

Cat Stanton
21-09-2016, 04:44 PM
I was at the event on 2nd September and my son and I were fortunate enough to win the David Gray autographed SC Final programme. (I've claimed it, he will inherit it) :greengrin
On the night, I was given an envelope with a bit of paper in it asking me to claim my prize from the club through contact with Lauren Platt. I duly emailed Lauren to claim my prize, arranged collection about 10 days later. Better than expected, came framed, but nothing to confirm authenticity of the signature. I emailed Lauren on Monday asking if she could provide a letter of authenticity. Today I received an A4 embossed certificate of authenticity, signed by Leeann. Our club has truly become a community club and really does appreciate that our fans are the lifeblood of our club. We have come a long way in the last few years, and still a wee bit to go, but with Leeann at the helm, we will be model that other clubs will follow.
The night was a great success, and I believe the organisers are planning at least 1 more, if you get the chance, get along.

GGTTH

You're maybe not the most trusting of people, are you...?

Hibs07p
21-09-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm missing the point here obviously. I would have thought that a certificate would only be of use if you want to sell it the programme.

I don't quite understand your point, but for your information, I already have a "Hibs Wall" with framed Hibs memorabalia that are authenticated or limited edition, they have a value if I were to sell them, which I have no intention of doing. This post is about the great work our club is doing by engaging with the fans who support the club and going the extra mile. If you think this is about trying to illicit a sale, make me an offer, and the answer is Fu<k OFF.

You're maybe not the most trusting of people, are you...?

I don't quite get your point either. If someone is looking at my "Wall" I can easily prove that what I have is authentic and not something that I have cobbled together myself.

I really don't know why a positive Hibs post needs to end up with negative comments, sometimes some of the posts on here seem to be coming from the same roasters who post on the Evening news forums.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

sleeping giant
21-09-2016, 05:10 PM
I don't quite understand your point, but for your information, I already have a "Hibs Wall" with framed Hibs memorabalia that are authenticated or limited edition, they have a value if I were to sell them, which I have no intention of doing. This post is about the great work our club is doing by engaging with the fans who support the club and going the extra mile. If you think this is about trying to illicit a sale, make me an offer, and the answer is Fu<k OFF.

I don't quite get your point either. If someone is looking at my "Wall" I can easily prove that what I have is authentic and not something that I have cobbled together myself.

I really don't know why a positive Hibs post needs to end up with negative comments, sometimes some of the posts on here seem to be coming from the same roasters who post on the Evening news forums.

GGTTH

Nothing wrong with that at all mate.

Glad you got it.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners :greengrin

Hibs07p
21-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all mate.

Glad you got it.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners :greengrin

Thanks,
the Scottish Cup win has to be the highlight of every Hibbys football life.

GGTTH

Itsnoteasy
21-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Thanks,
the Scottish Cup win has to be the highlight of every Hibbys football life.

GGTTH

Got to agree with your posts. What gets on my thrumpny bits is the only year they don't bring out a framed,signed cup final jersey.
Why don't you show us your wall.

Callum7
21-09-2016, 05:40 PM
I got a signed print of David Gray here http://www.geokoart.bigcartel.com/product/david-gray-signed-print-hibs-scottish-cup-final I don't know if it's real though. Anyone know if it is?

northstandhibby
21-09-2016, 05:50 PM

GGTTH

:thumbsup:

Cracking prize sir.

GGTTH

Cat Stanton
21-09-2016, 05:57 PM

GGTTH

Easy, tiger... I was merely making the point - in the friendliest of ways - that I think that, for a lot of people, if they won an autographed item from Hibs they would trust it was genuine. But, hey, each to their own. No offence, or negativity, intended.

Hibs07p
21-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Got to agree with your posts. What gets on my thrumpny bits is the only year they don't bring out a framed,signed cup final jersey.
Why don't you show us your wall.

It takes me all of my time to answer a mobile phone never mind take photos with it, not too tech minded, but when my son visits I will get round to it. My "wall" isn't big, but contains six memorable occasions following Hibs when I WAS THERE.
1 Limited edition sketch / print of the 1972 LC winning team.
2 Photograph of the 7-0 squad signed by Pat, Jimmy, Alec. (Authenticated)
3 Limited edition sketch / print, us V them 11th April 1988, new North & South, old East and main stands.
4 JC kissing LC 2007 signed by JC. (Authenticated)
5 Limited edition sketch / print canvas, Rob Jones and goalscorers LC 2007.
6 Framed signed by ( DG SC winning captain and goalscorer) 2016 SC programme and authenticated by Leeann.

For some reason, I don't know why I have nothing from the 1991 LC final V Dunfermline.

GGTTH

sleeping giant
21-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Imagine how much an authenticated SDG cup winning shirt would go for.
Liam's went for 7k.

Hibs07p
21-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Easy, tiger... I was merely making the point - in the friendliest of ways - that I think that, for a lot of people, if they won an autographed item from Hibs they would trust it was genuine. But, hey, each to their own. No offence, or negativity, intended.

Apologies, i think you got caught in the crossfire with Hibs0666. I did trust that it was genuine, but anyone looking at it might not be sure it was genuine. To be honest, I'm as happy as a dug with eh eh 2 tails. :greengrin

GGTTH