PDA

View Full Version : Funny moments watching Hibs

theonlywayisup
20-09-2016, 07:46 PM
The Good Old Days thread made me think about funny moments watching the Hibees.

What are your favourite funny incidents when watching the Hibees.

Bad play! Funny comments! Bad hairstyles!

Get posting cause I've got a few!!!

snooky
20-09-2016, 07:49 PM
I only saw it on video but Mikey's wild skide in the ER tunnel must be right up there.

theonlywayisup
20-09-2016, 07:50 PM
One of my favourite all time songs was when the Hibs were losing 3 or 4 nil to Celtic. The Celtic fans start the "you're not very good" chant.

The East stand immediately comes back with "you're not very clean".

theonlywayisup
20-09-2016, 07:51 PM
I only saw it on video but Mikey's wild skide in the ER tunnel must be right up there.

That was at Hamilton and didn't feature Hibs at all.

fiolex1
20-09-2016, 07:55 PM
The booked for being ugly song for Stevie Fulton

theonlywayisup
20-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Another watching a Hibs Rangers game in the late 80s.

Mark Walters burst into the Hibs box and goes down rather easy looking for a penalty. The ref waves on.

Two minutes later almost a repeat incident but the Hibs defender (Mitchell I think) takes down Mark Walters but the ref runs over and books Walters.

Hibby70
20-09-2016, 07:58 PM
When getting beat by Airdrie and an old guy from the crowd put on a laddie's Hibs tracksuit top and started to warm up behind the goals.

snooky
20-09-2016, 08:06 PM
That was at Hamilton and didn't feature Hibs at all.

Oops, yet another senior moment :embarrass - but hilarious nevertheless.

3pm
20-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Mind when Hertz were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go in the Scottish Cup?

matty_f
20-09-2016, 08:13 PM
When Andy Halliday thought he'd won the cup.

snooky
20-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Hibs were playing Sunderland in a 2003 pre-season friendly at ER.
As Jason McAteer was about to take a shy somebody in the crowd shouted, "McAteer yer an English b******."
Jason turned to the guy in the crowd and shouted back, "Yeh, but I'm a rich English b******!"
Oh how we laughed. Brilliant response.

Deeds
20-09-2016, 08:22 PM
I remember one windy night at the pie stand when the stick that kept the shutter from clattering down blew away and trapped a poor guy at the waist who was leaning in...hilarious. Sorry if it was you.

ClewsHibs
20-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Artur Boruc at Easter Road. What a day

Michael
20-09-2016, 08:31 PM
The '**** you Samaras' chant!

eastterrace
20-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Hibs friendly against Middlesbrough at Easter road and Stuart downing smashing a shot at goals and missing but he got a guy coming up the stairs from the pie stand right on the coupon it was at the south stand end

Viva_Palmeiras
20-09-2016, 08:35 PM

Monsoon conditions at Starks Park (floodlight failure - game abandoned) but not before the end of the first half and importantly the warm up where a wayward shot was headed directly back onto the pitch by a Hibee...
Preseason under Yogi - summer football ;)

Shouldn't smile but offen wondered about The boy who's girlfriend proposed to him at half time but he failed to show (if you're gonna tell porkies about going to the footie...) was that the end of did he make a good recovery?

iwasthere1972
20-09-2016, 08:38 PM
I remember back in about 1983 when I came back to Edinburgh for a wee holiday going along to Easter Road for my annual visit. About ten minutes before half time I went off to one of the kiosks in the old east terracing to get me and my brother a pie (one each of course). Stood for about fifteen minutes before it was my turn. With money in hand I asked for two of their finest pies only to be told that they only sold match programs and that the pie kiosk was further along.

It was a bugger at the time but always makes me smile when I think back.

Callum7
20-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Our league cup final back in March I heard some guy shout from the toilets "I knew there'd be no soap in Glasgow!"

Bostonhibby
20-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Decades ago at the asbestos arena when the yams were sponsored by Tractor Shovels the announcer made the usual intro highlighting the sponsors name, quick as a flash a well drunk hibby right in front of us screamed at the top of his voice "and you can stick your tractor shovels up you ar$e" we ended up singing it for a fair bit of the game.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
20-09-2016, 08:53 PM
When Andy Halliday thought he'd won the cup.
We have a winner, can still see his cocky wee puss.

Just Jimmy
20-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Playing hearts at ER round 2004 when they were talking about Murryfield again. East stand chucks a rugby ball onto the park towards craig gordon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
20-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Yogi clearing the ball near the end of a derby around 1999

Instead of putting in the stand, he launches it full pace into the hearts dug out

The ball cannons of the perspecs glass and the hearts bench are ducking left, right and centre

Jim Jefferies leaps up to complain of the Ref but Yogi is just standing there with the biggest grin on his face

Fergos
20-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Mid 80s, Hibs Dundee Utd at Easter Road.

One Davie Bowman with his Miami Vice mullet comes over to the East to take a throw in.

Some boy shouted......."Bowman......your hairs no well"......the funniest thing I've ever heard at Easter Road or ever.

GGTTH

basehibby
20-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Derby at Tynie in the late 80s/early 90s back when Hibs got what was a terracing bit at the Gorgie Rd end - Hibs score an equaliser - we all go absolutely radio rental - then my mates go - where's Mikey??? they look down and there I am rolling about in agony having almost broke my ankle jumping about on the terracing. I didn't think it was very funny but they were all utterly poorless - the basturds! :dummytit:

Bostonhibby
20-09-2016, 09:24 PM
At Love street one Saturday afternoon 1982 I think, about twenty minutes before kick off a guy in front of us pulled a tin foil container out his jacket pocket, lifted the cardboard lid off it and started eating a yellow coloured curry with his fingers, looked cold as well.

Callum7
20-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Not that long ago a family in front of us had a discussion about the smell of their container. The boy smelled it, then the mum smelled it, then the dad smelled it. Not funny just weird.

Simkin911
20-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Mid 80s sitting in the old cow shed pre kick off as the players take shots on goal. Big big guy watching along the bench a few rows in front of me returning to his seat with bovril and a couple of pies in hand....

Willie Irvine (2nd one) whacks a shot over the bar and it cracks the guy on the head. Knocks him clean off the bench and his food is everywhere.

Irvine, seeing this, turns and heads away up the pitch with shoulders heaving with (I assume) laughter.

Poor guy was not seriously hurt - just a loss of pride, pies & bovril!

monktonharp
20-09-2016, 09:39 PM
sure it was the early 80's. Ally Mc Cleod had scored some great goals for us but he had a funny way of running, if he felt like running. Hibs fan shouts... McLeod, yer runnin' as if you've goat a nail up yer fit!

BoomtownHibees
20-09-2016, 09:44 PM
When there was a lot of talk around Hearts moving to Murrayfield. Game at ER, ball goes in to the old East stand and a rugby ball gets thrown out to Craig Gordon

marinello59
20-09-2016, 09:46 PM
At Tannadice during (I think) Mowbrays time as the Red Cross staff are walking past our stand somebody starts singing the Addams Family theme tune. You probably had to be there. Very cruel yet very funny.

Just Jimmy
20-09-2016, 09:57 PM
When there was a lot of talk around Hearts moving to Murrayfield. Game at ER, ball goes in to the old East stand and a rugby ball gets thrown out to Craig Gordon
Keep up [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cmcd
20-09-2016, 09:58 PM
At Tannadice during (I think) Mowbrays time as the Red Cross staff are walking past our stand somebody starts singing the Addams Family theme tune. You probably had to be there. Very cruel yet very funny.

Beating Aberdeen at Easter Rd and the large away support start singing We're ***** and we know we are

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Hibs friendly against Middlesbrough at Easter road and Stuart downing smashing a shot at goals and missing but he got a guy coming up the stairs from the pie stand right on the coupon it was at the south stand end

On a similar note, Ricky that drinks in the 4IH taking a ball smack bang in the chops in a pre-match warm up at Tannadice many years ago. A drone would've been less accurate! :-)

Smartie
20-09-2016, 10:03 PM
I remember the ball striking Gary McAllister very firmly indeed in the knackers when we played Coventry in a pre-season friendly.

Every man in the crowd made that "oooh" noise that you make when you see someone cracked in the plums. A strange mix of empathy and genuine relief that it's someone else that suffered the injury and not you.

Obviously everyone started pissing themselves laughing shortly afterwards though.

My youngest brother's first Hibs game and he still talks about it.

BroxburnHibee
20-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Aberdeen in my Beastie bus days.

Whole end singing Sheep S******g song and yours truly gets his collar felt.

Thought I was gonna get lifted then the copper says......

"There's nae sheep s******s in here son" :hilarious

hfc rd
20-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Rangers fans chanting in the south stand "We're going to sign Scott Brown" 😂😂

Hearts fans at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup last year chanting "Stubbsy" and "115 years in a row" with ten mins to go! 😂😂

Kujabi's freekick against Motherwell in front of the F5. Did a Roberto Carlos style run up and the attempt which was more closer to the corner flag than the goals. Remember the whole stadium burst into laughter.

Also a game against Falkirk back in 2009 that finished 0-0 at ER under Mixu. Was one of the most boring, uneventful games you could have watched. The sponsors select Sol Bamba as their MOTM and the whole stadium bursts into sheer laughter as if they were watching a comedy.

iwasthere1972
20-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Kujabi's freekick against Motherwell in front of the F5. Did a Roberto Carlos style run up and the attempt which was more closer to the corner flag than the goals. Remember the whole stadium burst into laughter.

I filmed it expecting a goal. :greengrin

https://youtu.be/xU92bJdIROM

heretoday
20-09-2016, 10:22 PM
It was always funny when a dog ran on to the pitch and started chasing the ball. It enlivened many a turgid match.

Never happens now.

Ronniekirk
20-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Arthur Duncan in the twilight of his career when he had reverted from winger to full back in a poor Hibs team
Cant remember the oppossition but he tried to clear the ball and fell flat on his erse Not nice to see given the service he gave the club but most of the crowd laugjed out loud as it relieved the boredom

Greentinted
20-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Kilbowie Park, Feb 1992 Clydebank v Hibs SC. (We won 5-1)

About 15 minutes before half-time I was nominated to do the pie and bovril thing and joined the massive queue for the wee scran hut that was situated at the top of the uncovered terrace, not ideal but a restricted view of the action was at least available.
Anyway, (and I was young and am not so proud of my twattery here) I quickly became bored and from my place in the line, started to offer some witty repartee (half-drunk slaverings) to the women in the kiosk, extolling the delights of Edinburgh over anywhere west of Harthill, loud enough for everyone to hear...some laughed, many didn't. In my defence it wasn't seriously nasty or even profane...just, frankly, a bit silly. I kept this up until I reached the front of the queue whereupon I changed my tune and courteously asked for my order...the good lady was not fooled.
- Six pies please and six bovrils.
- Eh naw, she says, - You can f*** off, yer barred!
And that got the biggest laugh of all as I sheepishly sloped off wi nowt to deliver to the troops. Not a popular chappie was I.

I remain, to my knowledge, the only punter ever to be barred from a pie-stand!

calumhibee1
20-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Walking up to the East Stand under Butcher and a guy asks the steward what he's being searched for. "Flares" replies the steward. Quick as a flash the guy replied "Aw nae need to search anyone then, there's no been any flare at Easter Road for years!"

heretoday
20-09-2016, 10:31 PM
I remember one windy night at the pie stand when the stick that kept the shutter from clattering down blew away and trapped a poor guy at the waist who was leaning in...hilarious. Sorry if it was you.

Brilliant. There's something enduringly funny about that. Like Laurel and Hardy.

jgl07
20-09-2016, 10:34 PM
My favourite was a home match against Dundee United. I think it was the first match of the season. Dundee United, under Ivan Golac, had finally won the Scottish Cup beating Rangers with a Craig Brewster goal. This was their first match after the final.

Hibs ran riot that day winning 5-0. We were sat in the North Paddock in front of the main stand right behind the visitors dug out. Watching Ivan Golac's facial expressions as each goal went in was a joy. He shook his head with disbelief when Kevin Harper added another goal.

United were relegated that season and Ivan was sacked by Jim McLean who I think had become chairman by then.

HFC_NYC
20-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Early 2000s against Killie at Easter Road. Killie's scruffy Frenchman Freddie Dindeleux is about to take a throw in when some boy at the front of the East Stand shouts, "hey Dindeleux, you look like Steven Presley ya jambo c **t".

snooky
20-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Apparently one time when Paul Kane was playing for either St Johnstone or Aberdeen, he went right through a Hibs player and some wag from the stand shouted out - "Kano, ya dirty Hibs b*****d!"

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-09-2016, 11:41 PM
Frank Dougan damaging the seats in Daugavpils during a power nap.

greenlex
21-09-2016, 01:16 AM
Monsoon conditions at Starks Park (floodlight failure - game abandoned) but not before the end of the first half and importantly the warm up where a wayward shot was headed directly back onto the pitch by a Hibee...
Preseason under Yogi - summer football

Colin Nish shot. Yours truely supplying the napper. Always wanted to do it in a game. It's was coming like a rocket and was high tarrif for a skelp in the coupon but I kept my nerve.
Still waiting to do it in a game. Close the other week too.

greenlex
21-09-2016, 01:28 AM
Warm sunny day queuing up to get in the old east terrace. Huge crowd as we're playing Celtic.
Wee guy spies a police horse sweating in the heat and passes a derogatory comment. The policewoman on the horse leans over and says in a loud voice. " if I had my legs wrapped round your neck you'd be sweating too son". I swear I almost pissed myself.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2016, 03:15 AM
Early 2000s against Killie at Easter Road. Killie's scruffy Frenchman Freddie Dindeleux is about to take a throw in when some boy at the front of the East Stand shouts, "hey Dindeleux, you look like Steven Presley ya jambo c **t".

I seem to recall (with reference to the Ginola Head & Shoulders ad) shouting to Dindelux "You're not a football player you're a model" !

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2016, 03:15 AM
Colin Nish shot. Yours truely supplying the napper. Always wanted to do it in a game. It's was coming like a rocket and was high tarrif for a skelp in the coupon but I kept my nerve.
Still waiting to do it in a game. Close the other week too.

Smashing effort!

BSEJVT
21-09-2016, 05:43 AM
Couldn't tell you the year or the opposition but it was around Christmas time

I was is the old North Stand enclosure

Drunk guy at the front singing Jingle bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to **** the Hearts on New Years Day, when out pop his false teeth onto the red blase that used to surround the pitch.

Quick as a flash he picks them up and pops them back in!

No dusting them down or nothing.

lyonhibs
21-09-2016, 06:02 AM
the whole away corner torturing a Ibrox ballboy who was a couple of years too old for the job and had just robbed John Wayne for his swagger.

"Haw, jakey. Jakey, jakey. Nice cap"

Repeat ad nauseum

Scorrie
21-09-2016, 06:14 AM
Back in the early 90s and Alex Miller days we were at at the old Love St playing St Mirren in a meaningless end of season game. Dreadful match with nothing happening. This guy a few steps away had fallen asleep on the terrace and Paisley's finest came along and lifted him for falling asleep! The guy's reaction was priceless

HFCdeb
21-09-2016, 06:18 AM
Livingston away during the Tony Mowbray era (05/06 maybe) the stadium deathly silent as a young Robert Snodgrass is taking an eternity to take a freekick for them and some absolute comedy genius of a Hibby behind me shouts "HURRY UP FATTY!" and the whole stand starts peeing themselves.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2016, 06:55 AM
Politically incorrect shout out to Justin Fashanu (playing for Airdrie)

Ace of Diamonds? More like the [homophobic phrase] of [racist phrase]

He would have got lifted for that these days...

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Away at Raith for a preseason and the ball was skied out of the park and hit a wifie's front door. Thirty seconds later she comes to answer it. That and toast gate at Pittodrie.

O'Rourke3
21-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Funnuest thing I remember witnessing was a dull 0-0 at East End Park. One of the guys I was with giving Brian Hamilton dogs abuse. Kick out from the goalie skied. Hamilton brings it down and turns(in one move) leaving two defenders staring at each other. Best mate turns and says. OK. What do you say to that????? It was the long silence that followed cracked us all up....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

NGP
21-09-2016, 07:57 AM
Mrs McGinley shouting at the top of her voice "Patrick yer sh@te" at Brockville. She was sitting in the old main stand, happened at quiet moment in the game as well.

This year's pre-season against Motherwell, their physio slipping as she ran towards two injured players, tripped over one player and landed on the other, hurting him more.

Craigmount Hibs
21-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Early 90's away to Celtic. Midway through the first half the ball is just going out for a throw in, in front of their terracing. Willie Miller decided to properly clear his lines anyway and absolutely blooters the ball straight into the unwashed weegies. Hits a guy straight on the heid and he went down like a sniper got him. I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself. Sportscene highlights showed it too - brilliant.

Craigmount Hibs
21-09-2016, 08:28 AM
And Callum Booth hitting a pigeon with a clearance at a pre season game at Dunfermline a year or 2 back. Jamboesque.

Thecat23
21-09-2016, 08:41 AM
Hibs v Motherwell pre season, seagulls flying all over the shop and one shat in the missus bag of chips Just as she was about to take a handful of them. 😂

we are hibs
21-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Malonga having 3 attempts against Dundee Utd last season in the cup to header the ball and completely missing it on all 3 occasions

lee Wallace is a grass, pass it on being shouted out randomly in the east stand a few weeks back

norhfc
21-09-2016, 09:23 AM
1980s, was standing in the Gorgie Rd end at Tynie, a wet midweek game. Hibs scored so I grabbed the nearest person as you do to celebrate.
Bounced up and down a couple of times then felt myself being grabbed by someone else. Turned out it was John Leslie and I had been celebrating
with Cathrine Zeta Jones who was his girlfriend at the time.

happy times :wink:

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Hibs v San Jose earthquakes,we were giving George Best some playful banter and he turned round smiled and gave us the ´****ers´ wave. We all had a good laugh.

Cannae mind which game it was, but I was in the east and some guy was giving Joe Toertolano a hard time, Joe lost the ball and he was about to start screaming Joe yir ***in useless or words tae that effect, when his false teeth fell oot, priceless.

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Mikey Stewart fallin on his erse trying tae kick a water bottle

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2016, 09:53 AM
The day at ER when the ref stopped the game just outside the opposition box for an injury with Hibs in possession and restarted with a stot up. The opposition booted the restart back to the Hibs keeper, but Paul Hartley who was warming up behind the goals didn't realise the game had restarted, ran on and booted the ball back up the pitch .... nothing came of the resulting free kick just outside our box :greengrin

A David Zitelli warm up shot hitting me square on the back of the head with my arms full of pies & Bovril.

Driving up to Edinburgh for the Hibs v Birmingham City game with my friends two kids only to find out the game was the following weekend :embarrass ... you would have thought that between 5 ER regulars one of us would have noticed :greengrin

Kato
21-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Benny Brazil

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Benny Brazil

Compared to some of the imposters who have played for this club over the years Benny was Maradona.

Kato
21-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Compared to some of the imposters who have played for this club over the years Benny was Maradona.

True, but most of his career was a funny moment.

theonlywayisup
21-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Mikey Stewart fallin on his erse trying tae kick a water bottle

See page 1

rodhibs55
21-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Remember when Benny scored a hat trick against Celtic. I beleive he still has the ball.

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2016, 10:54 AM

Man of the match in game one of the 1979 cup final, he was immense that day .... I reckon most Hibbies from that era look on Benny with a certain fondness. Cant pretend he was the best, but he always gave 100%

pacoluna
21-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Linesman with horrible height insole trainers in the first half away against livi midweek last season, got the pish taking out of him the whole half which got worse when he came out for the second half 3 inches smaller with football boots on. The whole second half the crowd next to him were whispering "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoe"

snooky
21-09-2016, 11:08 AM
1980s, was standing in the Gorgie Rd end at Tynie, a wet midweek game. Hibs scored so I grabbed the nearest person as you do to celebrate.
Bounced up and down a couple of times then felt myself being grabbed by someone else. Turned out it was John Leslie and I had been celebrating with Cathrine Zeta Jones who was his girlfriend at the time. happy times :wink:

.... and I'll bet her version of the story has done the rounds in Hollywood. :smokin

andyf5
21-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Ayr utd away in Sauzee's time when hibs fan ran on pitch before game started in Christmas fairy pink costume complete with tutu and wand.

spikey66
21-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Seemed to remember a game in the past where some crowd trouble happened between the old east terracing meets the old away end and the game stopped and police were running from all angles towards that end. Then a "larger" police woman was seen running as well and both sets of fans started singing "fatty, fatty, fatty, fatty", ho ho ho. Poor woman, LOL.

James70
21-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Benny Brazil

Mind when his head was bandaged and the fans were singing 'Rambo, Rambo' every time he got the ball :greengrin

Kato
21-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Man of the match in game one of the 1979 cup final, he was immense that day .... I reckon most Hibbies from that era look on Benny with a certain fondness. Cant pretend he was the best, but he always gave 100%

Totally. Thought he was at his best under Stanton when Pat pushed him back in front of the defence as a "spoiler".

Was always likely to get the ball in the face/nads though, just one of those guys.

21-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Ayr utd away in Sauzee's time when hibs fan ran on pitch before game started in Christmas fairy pink costume complete with tutu and wand.

That was Ayr United away in the cup in 2012. Boy ran from one side of thepitch to the other with a pink fairy tutu, wand and a Jedward mask lol.

Jakhog1
21-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Remember a game, it must have been the late 90s early 00s, hibs were away to the sheep at pittodrie, Aberdeen went 1 up and their fans spotted a hibs fan who was on the large side totally bare chested and started singing sumo, sumo whats the score, hibs go up the park five minutes later and score, queing the hibs fans to start on the poor chap with sumo, sumo whats the score

weststandhibby
21-09-2016, 11:49 AM
:agree::agree::agree::top marks

jgl07
21-09-2016, 12:19 PM
There was the time that someone appeared to handle the ball. So wag bellowed out "Hey ref., fingerprint that ball!"

Billy Whizz
21-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Remember at Motherwell a few years ago. Stephen Glass scored for us. There was an advertising board at our end where he scored saying "Glassman"
Stephen ran up and pointed to it when he scored

Diclonius
21-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Friendly at Stark's Park under Mixu, 2008-09 season. Absolutely dreadful game (finished 0-0) and a sign of things to come - by far the most entertaining thing that happened was when the ball was cleared well off the pitch, bounced into the street behind the stand and hit the door of one of the houses. This was funny enough until the door opened and out came the most confused looking man in Kirkcaldy, trying to understand why the entire stand full of Hibs fans was laughing at him.

Shame the season just went downhill from there. :boo hoo:

HappyHanlon
21-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Take yer pick..

1) **** at bus shelter running down to shout abuse, slips and goes head first over barrier and onto side of pitch.

2) Mullen trying to injure our player and subsequently injuring himself.

3) Andy McNeill taking abuse at PBS so he punts a shot into the Wheatfield.

All funny!

The Gorf
21-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Up at Tannadice and a rather senior Hibby asked a woman police cons table for her number: she turned round and gave it to him......... 999.

Monts
21-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Away game at Killie around 10 years ago. They brought on an ex player at half time. The inevitable "who are ya" chant from the hibs fans was replied to by the player saying he didn't know who we were. Cue the whole stand bursting into song "we are Hibernian fc..." And continued for the whole of half time completely drowning the guy out.

I think Hogg scored in that game, possibly finished 2 2.

grammyb111
21-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Jay Shields warming up before a game at Pittodrie fired a shot at goal, missed but hit a teenage girl who was sitting on the wall at the front of the Merkland stand right on the top of the head. The girl then feel backwards arse over tit and ended up with her feet all you could see over the top of the wall.

Hope she's ok mind...

ajf
21-09-2016, 02:55 PM
"close season and edin evening news had a front page spread of pat McGinley allegedly pestering a girl hairdresserin Leith ,hanging about outside her shop and generally making a nuisance of himself then the first pre season friendly and pat gets into a spat with one of the opposition , goes forehead to forehead with the guy while mouthing a stream of obscenities and someone shouted " that's it pat tell him you'll stalk his wife " still laugh about it now

grammyb111
21-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Two more I forgot to mention, when Jocky Scott was in one of his caretaker roles and we were playing crap someone cleared the ball into the East and it got headed straight back, a guy near me shouted 'get your scouts in there Jocky!'

A game against Dundee Utd must've been around 2000, any time Charlie Miller got the ball the whole Hibs support sang 'Belly's gonna get ye' from the Reebok ads that were on at the time.

vuefrom1875
21-09-2016, 02:59 PM

Best Ever!!

Bostonhibby
21-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Agree, we've seen some utter dross and there's no way Benny falls into that category

Broken Gnome
21-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Away game at Killie around 10 years ago. They brought on an ex player at half time. The inevitable "who are ya" chant from the hibs fans was replied to by the player saying he didn't know who we were. Cue the whole stand bursting into song "we are Hibernian fc..." And continued for the whole of half time completely drowning the guy out.

By god that was a good half time.

JimBHibees
21-09-2016, 03:22 PM

Not a chance was he man of the match in that final. Jackie McNamara by a country mile IMO.

clashcityhibby
21-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Aberdeen game at Easter Road many years ago. Eugene Dadi on the ball and a bloke wi a huge roar of a voice shouts out 'Dadi, yer know the daddy, am the Daddy and am gonna eat you!!!!!!!' Everyone started laughing.
Salavatores Mums a ho** chant.

Andy74
21-09-2016, 03:37 PM
When getting beat by Airdrie and an old guy from the crowd put on a laddie's Hibs tracksuit top and started to warm up behind the goals.

Dickie from the IEC bus did this at some stage, not sure it was Airdrie though.

The IEC bus brought a lot of fun memories - strippers on the trips to Aberdeen, boys drinking Benylin and cider mixed, Alex Miller being hounded by guys in fancy dress at Dens Park.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2016, 03:38 PM

This is right up there. To be fair to Fulton, he took it very well.

That was during a great ten minutes or so - Deek had scored a screamer to put us one up, then the ball goes out of play and Gordon is waiting on it coming back from the crowd to take a free kick, and rugby ball appears - I kept thinking how excited the guy who brought it must have been when the opportunity presented itself so perfectly. Was timed to perfection. To be fair to Gordon, he did throw it off the park with a rugby-style pass.

A personal favourite of mine was when we were playing Dunfermline early in the season that McLeish left - we were winning 5-1 or 4-0 I think, and was late in the game, so the atmosphere was good but pretty quiet as the game had been won long before this happened. There was a break for an injury and Lee Bullen was holding the ball down near the East, and some guy shouted "BULLEN!", to which he immediately turned round - everyone, Bullen included, was obviously intrigued to see what he was going to say next, now that he had his full attention (and indeed the attention of many in the East).

I think the pressure got to him a wee bit, though whilst not the most original, his follow up of "**** OFF!" was met with amusement all round.

heidtheba
21-09-2016, 03:52 PM
My favourite was a home match against Dundee United. I think it was the first match of the season. Dundee United, under Ivan Golac, had finally won the Scottish Cup beating Rangers with a Craig Brewster goal. This was their first match after the final.

Hibs ran riot that day winning 5-0. We were sat in the North Paddock in front of the main stand right behind the visitors dug out. Watching Ivan Golac's facial expressions as each goal went in was a joy. He shook his head with disbelief when Kevin Harper added another goal.

United were relegated that season and Ivan was sacked by Jim McLean who I think had become chairman by then.

My first game as an ST holder and...I MISSED IT!!! I was away doing voluntary work for a friend. Morally I felt good...but then I saw the score. I was there just before Christmas or New Year where we did the same thing to the same team. Guy behind me had put a considerable bet on the exact same score line. Was hilarious, once we scored he was crapping himself everytime we threatened. Eventually he shouted 'aww sod it' and 'i want 6'.

Other moments...
David Farrell getting a (I think Jorg Albertz) shot in the nads. Rolling around on the ground in agony, everyone silent listening to his moans. Was nice that even religious bigotry is put to once side when a fellow man is going through that level of pain.

Darren Jackson giving the 'Action Man Eagle Eyes' look to Jason Dair of Raith Rovers.

The Leith Hibs bus being quite mellow even when 3 down at Tannadice. I think that has to do with the passive 'funny fag' smoking we were all doing...

FranckSuzy
21-09-2016, 04:30 PM
"There's only two Andy Goram's" :greengrin

rodhibs55
21-09-2016, 04:31 PM
George Best pretending or not to drink the can of beer thrown at him by the huns at easter road when we humpty them
. Think it was 2-0

greenlex
21-09-2016, 05:29 PM
By god that was a good half time.

I got a text during that half time break from a Jambo mate asking WTF was going on. They must have been discussing the racket on the radio without knowing what was happening. Officially the best half time ever.

Fogzie
21-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Brian Hamilton was having a nightmare one game and a guy in the North Stand shouts....."Hamilton! Come up here and take a look at yoursel ya useless basta&d".

lugz
21-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Funniest moment I've had at a hibs game is when we were going down to seats at Tannadice and my uncle got smacked in the face with a stray pass from matty jack in warmups. To make it funnier he couldn't stop it as he was carrying coffees.

Not very funny for him but hilarious for me.

brog
21-09-2016, 06:39 PM
I remember a game against Yams at PBS, we were getting humped & Ally McLeod, the future Scotland manager was having a mare. Suddenly he went off on a mazy run down the left wing beating about 4 Yams on the way. As he got to the goal line, he stopped the ball, looked up for the cross & a gust of wind blew the ball out for a goal kick. We didn't know whether to laugh or cry!
On a happier note, we played Arbroath in our last home game of the season & were 5-0 up when Arthur Duncan took off from his own half. He raced past the whole defence & got to about 8 yards out where he skelped the ball almost over the shed. Arthur's impetus took him right into the crowd from where he emerged wearing someone's sunglasses. He spent the next minute or so wearing the glasses while staggering about on the left wing pretending to be blind. Both teams, the officials & the crowd were in fits, priceless!

GreenLake
21-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Just watched Bruno from Villarreal show Cummings how to score a chipped penalty kick. Playing Madrid at the Bernabeu too.

BSEJVT
21-09-2016, 06:57 PM

That was brilliant

Pretty sure that was the game that Boozy got injured?

Coults1875
21-09-2016, 07:22 PM
The only highlight from us going down vs Hamilton. Was a guy leaving the east stand shouting at butcher "there's only one Kevin Thompson" but his voice went too high after the "one" and he made a strange bird like noise which had everyone in ear shot buckled.

CockneyRebel
21-09-2016, 07:27 PM
My bro in law (big guy, big voice) singing along with the crowd to Joe McBride "Joe Joe super Joe" as he run up the wing in front of us at ER. As it got to the last line Joe looked over towards us with a big smile but bro in law boomed out loud "super Tortolano!". It got a big laugh from the crowd but McBride's coupon was a picture.

At Berwick Rangers for a New Year's Day game (during a previous relegation) a guy in front of us kept calling the ref a ******g barst*rd and was warned several times by a polis chappie to desist or he would be ejected. A little while went by as he behaved himself and then he just roared it out again. Seeing the polis hurrying over he shouted out "Sorry ref - your'e just an ordinary barst*rd". The polis p*ssed himself laughing and the crowd erupted.

After a match at Greyskull my 2 bro in laws and myself got on the clockwork orange and found ourselves as the only hibbys in a carriage full of young billy boys. After much taunting and threatening we managed to sort of convince them that very few hibbys were indeed Catholics and they became almost friendly. We got off alone at our stop and as the train pulled away the 2 bros stepped right up to the window and crossed themselves. Picture the train pulling away and all the windows full of faces screaming and salivating, bursting blood vessels and clawing at the window.

Happy days.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2016, 07:34 PM
I remember a game against Yams at PBS, we were getting humped & Ally McLeod, the future Scotland manager was having a mare. Suddenly he went off on a mazy run down the left wing beating about 4 Yams on the way. As he got to the goal line, he stopped the ball, looked up for the cross & a gust of wind blew the ball out for a goal kick. We didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Wow! How did that one pass me by? I never knew that he had played for Hibs before I read this.

superfurryhibby
21-09-2016, 07:35 PM
That was brilliant

Pretty sure that was the game that Boozy got injured?

Aye, that was the game. Great Hibs crowd, near the festive season and I think it was Dylan Kerr we were giving it tight to with the who are you. He didnae take it that well and retorted with a bit about Scottish winner and who are you? Hibs fans put him straight witha mighty blast of we are Hibernian Fc. Most amusing.

I do recall a funny wee moment of my own making sitting in the old family section in the old main stand and rather pointedly inviting the ref to spell Mixu's name when he was booking him. We were sitting very close to the touchline at the front and to be fair it raised a smile from them.

Stantons Angel
21-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I remember one windy night at the pie stand when the stick that kept the shutter from clattering down blew away and trapped a poor guy at the waist who was leaning in...hilarious. Sorry if it was you.mad

Tears running down my cheeks still, reading this really made my night!I can just visualise it happening!

Flanny boy
21-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Remember being at a derby at Easter rd.The whole east terracing starts singing to the jambos Albert kid Albert kid Albert kid.It was well loud and seemed to go on for some time.when it did go quiet again there was a guy near us left singing on his own singing Aberdeen Aberdeen Aberdeen.The crowd were hysterical.still makes me laugh to this day

Hibby70
21-09-2016, 08:27 PM
The Killie fan who won a car at half time falling down the steps. Was a Friday night and it was snowing.

Hibby70
21-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Dickie from the IEC bus did this at some stage, not sure it was Airdrie though.

It was definitely Broomfield with that wee stand down at the corner. Sure we lost 3-0 or 3-1.

The Modfather
21-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Boy in the old East Stand near the halfway line used to have some strange shouts.

For a few games in a row v Celtic, after Caldwell had moved, he used to shout about Caldwell sha**ing exhaust pipes. Bizarre!

The Pointer
21-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Aye, that was the game. Great Hibs crowd, near the festive season and I think it was Dylan Kerr we were giving it tight to with the who are you. He didnae take it that well and retorted with a bit about Scottish winner and who are you? Hibs fans put him straight witha mighty blast of we are Hibernian Fc. Most amusing.

I do recall a funny wee moment of my own making sitting in the old family section in the old main stand and rather pointedly inviting the ref to spell Mixu's name when he was booking him. We were sitting very close to the touchline at the front and to be fair it raised a smile from them.

Re Dylan Kerr. He was appointed football development officer for Argyll and I found out quickly that he didn't particularly like Hibs - probably as a result of that incident.

When I was stravaigin in May I got a terrific thump between my shoulder blades and wondered what the hell had happened and turned round to find the most enormous clod of turf had hit me. I forgot all about it till I got through to Edinburgh and checked into my digs ready to go straight out for the celebrations. I scratched my head and a wee bit of earth fell on the floor, scratched it again and realised it was everywhere.

Quick shower time.

Ergye
22-09-2016, 01:36 AM
After the Hibs v Hearts semi at Hampden I remember seeing George Foulkes lurching out of a restaurant close to the car park and vomiting over the bonnet of a flash motor.

An angry polisman went up to him and said "you there, with the Brandy stain on your shirt, what the hell do you think you are doing?"

Foulkes, slobbering out rancid, liquid bile and mucus in all directions, manages to say "oh that's not Brandy Sir, that's gravy".

The policeman says, and I'll never forget it - "looks to me like you've been swallowing more Remy Martin than roast beef. On your way back tae Gorgie ya auld jakey plum".

Mick O'Rourke
22-09-2016, 08:09 AM
A game against oldco at the Holy Ground (70s)
A guy (i knew him too) ran on the park from the old enclosure.
He was quickly tackled by the polis and marched round the track
Was thrown out and not arrested.
Guess what, he got back in and did the same again!!

Another memory
Back in the mid sixties.
The ground was near empty.
The ball was kicked high into the old main terracing.
There was only a handful of supporters up there in the clouds.
Anyway ,one guy retrieves the baw and runs down the terracing stairs and oot the ground wae the baw

Monts
22-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Sitting at the front of the old east during the warm up in a game against Aberdeen. A little kid at the front sees Andy Dow warming up, who had just moved to Aberdeen. The little kid, holding his little autograph book, calls him over all excited, and Dow jogs over with a little smile on his face. As he gets closer the kid is still calling him " Andy, Andy ", until he gets to the front of the stand and the kid says " Andy. You're a w****r"

:faf:

Stevie Reid
22-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Sitting at the front of the old east during the warm up in a game against Aberdeen. A little kid at the front sees Andy Dow warming up, who had just moved to Aberdeen. The little kid, holding his little autograph book, calls him over all excited, and Dow jogs over with a little smile on his face. As he gets closer the kid is still calling him " Andy, Andy ", until he gets to the front of the stand and the kid says " Andy. You're a w****r"

:faf:

Still remember Dow's debut at Tynie when he scored. He and Gary Locke were skinning each other down their side of the park the whole game, was a great contest.

Ozymandias
22-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Midweek league cup tie against Alloa I think sometime in the late eighties. Joe T is having taking on a full back near the Dunbar end. He nutmegs him beautifully then pings in a cross. The majority of punters are clapping and suitably appreciative of the skills shown, except for one boy when the applause dies away and with perfect deadpan timing as Joe jogs past up the line. "Aye, well done Joe, you just took the p!sh oot ae a plumber". Never seen anyone look so crestfallen so quickly.

HibbyScott
22-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Remember a match at the PBS - Stack was doing the pre-game warm up - Marshall (I think it was) was crossing balls into the box for Stack to come and take. Each time after Stack collected the ball, instead of knocking it calmly back to Marshall - he would pelt it full force into the side stands at Tynie. Following each up with an apologetic wave and a massive beaming grin :greengrin

RIP Bestie
22-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Politically incorrect shout out to Justin Fashanu (playing for Airdrie)

Ace of Diamonds? More like the [homophobic phrase] of [racist phrase]

He would have got lifted for that these days...

Another like that was when someone shouted from the old north enclosure at Aberdeen captain Willie Miller. "Haw Miller, what's that rid dot on yir foreheid?
Totally unacceptable nowadays but seemed to get a laugh in the early eighties. The whole enclosure were pissin themselves. Good to see we have evolved from **** patter like that.

iwasthere1972
22-09-2016, 04:38 PM
The wee boy (looked about 5 year old) who ran the full length of the pitch when we scored a last minute winner at Easter Road against Queen of the South last season. Ran all the way towards the small band of QoTS fans probably to goad them. Showed a clean pair of heels to the pursuing stewards.

No lifetime ban either. I blame him for what was about to unfold at the final whistle of the Scottish Cup. :agree:

JohnMcM
22-09-2016, 04:49 PM
April 1967,,,,,,,15th I think.
We were playing Ayr United at home. Just after half-time, and we were still changing ends from the Shed End.

Loads of us, who couldn't afford to go or who couldn't get a ticket, were listening to tranny's broadcasting the game against England at Wembley as we made our way round to the opposite end.

Our match at Eater Road was into the third or fourth minute of the second half when, at the same moment as Scotland had a chance at Wembley, Ayr United had a shot at goal that went out of play. Listening to the tranny's we let out a huge cheer for Scotland.

For a few seconds most of the players on the pitch stopped, looked up at us moving round the old east terracing, probably wondering why a couple of hundred Hibs fans were cheering a shot from Ayr United.

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2016, 06:49 PM
The old boy who used to turn up every week in the West wearing light blue joggers and ladies court shoes. Accompanied by I presume his wife and son. I could never work out why, from the waist up he dressed normal.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Derek Johnstone was getting the usual pelters roll out the barrel etc When a Hibs fan decides to climb up the wee fence and gie him dugs abuse the boys false teeth fell out on to the red / orange grit round the pitch :greengrin he jumps over the fence picks up his wally's and coolly slips them back in his gob grit and all. :not worth

eastterrace
22-09-2016, 08:42 PM
A game against oldco at the Holy Ground (70s) A guy (i knew him too) ran on the park from the old enclosure. He was quickly tackled by the polis and marched round the track Was thrown out and not arrested. Guess what, he got back in and did the same again!! Another memory Back in the mid sixties. The ground was near empty. The ball was kicked high into the old main terracing. There was only a handful of supporters up there in the clouds. Anyway ,one guy retrieves the baw and runs down the terracing stairs and oot the ground wae the baw that was my uncle it was against airdrie and we're getting beat 2-0 with about 5 mins to go when he grabbed the ball and ran out the ground with it

SouthMoroccoStu
22-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Singing "what's it like to **** a hun?!" To Gary Caldwell (who was playing for Celtic) after being caught cheating on his wife with a Rangers cheerleader

Paul Hartley was in stitches on the pitch

Salt N Sauzee
22-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Benji running the length of the pitch at Easter Road to celebrate in front of the away-end when he scored against Hearts is up there for me!

eastterrace
22-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Benji running the length of the pitch at Easter Road to celebrate in front of the away-end when he scored against Hearts is up there for me! yes and it was zibbie who stopped him about the only thing that clown stopped

Salt N Sauzee
22-09-2016, 09:40 PM
yes and it was zibbie who stopped him about the only thing that clown stopped

Haha!

To be fair if Zibbie wasn't there to stop him Benji would of kept running into the stand with the Hearts fans!

superfurryhibby
22-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Another like that was when someone shouted from the old north enclosure at Aberdeen captain Willie Miller. "Haw Miller, what's that rid dot on yir foreheid?
Totally unacceptable nowadays but seemed to get a laugh in the early eighties. The whole enclosure were pissin themselves. Good to see we have evolved from **** patter like that.

Must be an age thong but I'm no getting the red dot oan the foreheid bit?

RIP Bestie
22-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Lets just say Miller was always well tanned and looked a bit like he could have hailed from Calcutta

jabis
22-09-2016, 11:13 PM

Does an age thong have a wee pocket for a viagra pill?

snooky
22-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Does an age thong have a wee pocket for a viagra pill?

Aye, thongs ain't what they used to be.

ancient hibee
23-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Relegation struggle in the early 60s against St.Mirren I think.Ball cleared high up the terracing,grabbed by wee guy in raincoat and cap who drop kicks it way into the car park.

Also St.Mirren.Got in to see Hibs kicking off usual pals not there.Hibs scored in last minute.Got home to discover it was the equaliser not the winner,St.Mirren had scored in the first minute.

Jim44
23-09-2016, 09:27 AM
At the Hibs v Napoli game in 1967 I was standing on the East Terracing. I had recently been fitted with a one tooth denture. Bobby Duncan scored his opening screamer and I let out a roar in celebration. The bloody denture flew out of my mouth and I began to panic. As the celebrations subsided I mentioned my plight to the guys around me and everybody cleared back and started to search. Dreading the worst, I was delighted to hear someone shout 'got it'. I couldn't believe that it hadn't been trod on as a guy handed it back intact. Some bright spark commented "That'll put a bit of bite into the game." Certainly did ........ a 5-0 drubbing.

Colr
23-09-2016, 09:31 AM

"Booked for being ugly, you were booked for being ugly....."