Looks like St Mirren have sacked Rae and Dave Farrell

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=58358

erskine-hibby
18-09-2016, 06:23 PM
No huge surprise there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
18-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Not really surprised. Bottom of the Championship probably isn't what their fans had in mind!

brog
18-09-2016, 06:43 PM
I was in Portugal last week, where Alex has a villa, Casa De Rae. Apparently he recently told the local bar owner he thought he may be spending a bit more time on the Algarve soon!!

Billy Whizz
18-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Not really surprised. Bottom of the Championship probably isn't what their fans had in mind!

Too hasty to drive Ian Murray out the door last season

Jonnyboy
18-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Not in the least surprised. In all the years I've witnessed St Mirren playing Hibs, the current lot are by far the worst

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Still a decent job for someone. Not sure about Alex Rae at all though. Never struck me as being manager material. Wouldn't be surprised if that's his last job as a boss.

hibees 7062
18-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Still a decent job for someone. Not sure about Alex Rae at all though. Never struck me as being manager material. Wouldn't be surprised if that's his last job as a boss.

Yogi's no busy or Warbs might be looking soon

Hibby Bairn
18-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Alex Rae. Sums up the ex players union of coaches in Scotland. Played the game; I know folk; I've done my badges etc etc.

Man management? Leadership? Communication skills? Team building?

Billy Whizz
18-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Yogi's no busy or Warbs might be looking soon

Yogi is a good shout, but he left Inverness due to budget constraints

Boyle89
18-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Was a stick on for next manager to leave/be sacked. Were awful when we played them. Pretty much sums up what's wrong with Scottish football. Playing a turgid style of football while paying guys like clarkson and Sutton instead of trying to develop youth.

BS44
18-09-2016, 07:29 PM

That club must be regretting get rid of Danny Lennon

bingo70
18-09-2016, 07:35 PM
That club must be regretting get rid of Danny Lennon

I always thought Gus Mcpherson did a good job for them and couldn't understand why he was sacked.

Is Danny Lennon managing anybody now?

H18 SFR
18-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Ian McCall in the running, heard this before yesterday's match.

hibsbollah
18-09-2016, 07:37 PM
I was in Portugal last week, where Alex has a villa, Casa De Rae. Apparently he recently told the local bar owner he thought he may be spending a bit more time on the Algarve soon!!

Casa de Rae :faf:

No class.

belhavenbill
18-09-2016, 07:41 PM
How about Charles. "Chick" Young? With his deep knowledge of Scottish football and fondness for the club, thought he'd be a must. And he is supposedly retired though he's never off the radio.

offshorehibby
18-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Alex Rae. Sums up the ex players union of coaches in Scotland. Played the game; I know folk; I've done my badges etc etc.

It was only a couple of weeks back that some nob on the bbc was saying how good a manager he was.As you the Scottish coaching mafia with their bbc hun pals.

Sir David Gray
18-09-2016, 07:46 PM
I always thought Gus Mcpherson did a good job for them and couldn't understand why he was sacked.

Is Danny Lennon managing anybody now?

He was temporary manager of Airdrie for the last couple of months of the season whilst their permanent manager recovered from a stroke.

He's not got a club at the moment though.

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2016, 07:48 PM

:agree: Same with Forlan at Inverness and Canning at Hamilton. Nothing about these guys at all is manager material. Cheap options.

Partly why a lot of our teams in Scotland suck.

Beefster
18-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Ian McCall in the running, heard this before yesterday's match.

St Mirren may want McCall but I'd be surprised if he took it.

biotech
18-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Bring back Tommy Craig!

chinaman
18-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Could be the fat bald mess that does the betting adverts way back to management.
Doubt the buddies fans would want another useless hun pig tho

O'Rourke3
18-09-2016, 08:31 PM
:agree: Same with Forlan at Inverness and Canning at Hamilton. Nothing about these guys at all is manager material. Cheap options.

Partly why a lot of our teams in Scotland suck.
Same could be said for promoting Le God or King Kenny at Pool....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Cameron1875
18-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Coming to a radio show near you.

Scottish teams really need to start thinking outside the box rather than appointing these west coast idiots who have connections just because they played for Celtic or Rangers.

H18 SFR
18-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Jesus, some of the names St Mirren fans are coming up with on their message board are mental.

silverhibee
18-09-2016, 09:13 PM

Not really, he was hardly doing a great job and was sacked for it.

That's football I suppose.

Barry Ferguson could be a shout for the job.

FitbaFolkKen
18-09-2016, 09:20 PM

I see they have mentioned Calderwood - hope so for comedy value, would be tough to keep that tan in Paisley!

Carheenlea
19-09-2016, 06:28 AM
I feel for David Farrell. Reading his book at the moment and this is a recurring theme for him.

bingo70
19-09-2016, 06:47 AM
Wonder if Grant Murray will come under consideration? Did a decent job with Raith and seems to be building a good reputation as a coach at Hibs, basing that on his promotion to the 20's and that he seems to be involved with this first team now.

fat freddy
19-09-2016, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=Carheenlea;4821782]I feel for David Farrell. Reading his book at the moment and this is a recurring theme for him.[/

At least he has the taxi's to fall back on

AndyM_1875
19-09-2016, 07:24 AM

I see they have mentioned Calderwood - hope so for comedy value, would be tough to keep that tan in Paisley!

That's such a great picture...:faf:

O'Rourke3
19-09-2016, 07:37 AM

That's hilarious but surely photoshopped. Looks he's been French polished..

dchibs
19-09-2016, 07:41 AM
How about Charles. "Chick" Young? With his deep knowledge of Scottish football and fondness for the club, thought he'd be a must. And he is supposedly retired though he's never off the radio.His eye sight has gone,

NAE NOOKIE
19-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Talk about reaping what you sew. The sacking of Danny Lennon was a disgrace, in his first season they nearly went down, but the following season they finished in 8th place, which was still an improvement, he also won them only their 4th ever trophy, not to mention giving me a good laugh by beating the Yams in the final.

But that wasn't good enough for the directors who thought they should be challenging for Europe in the league, without once thinking they might have a manager on the way to making them a team who could do just that. Who was the man to bring their lofty ambitions to fruition? ... Tommy Craig ... I mean Tommy Craig :faf: ....... I still remember laughing my arse off at the time.

If it was the fault of our board that Hibs went tits up then St Mirren's are in the same league without a doubt. In fact they are probably worse, our board failed to prevent our demise, St Mirren's pretty well caused theirs.

JDHibs
19-09-2016, 11:50 AM
They are a hiring and firing club now, panic recruitment and panic sackings!

Need some stability and a lowering of expectations would help. They were never going to get back out this league as quick as they wanted and thats the issue.

They over performed for a few years in the prem!

Craig_HFC
19-09-2016, 02:27 PM
I think Jack Ross will get the job. Or they'll at least try to get him.

DH1875
19-09-2016, 02:35 PM
I think Jack Ross will get the job. Or they'll at least try to get him.

:agree:

lobster
19-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Talk about reaping what you sew. The sacking of Danny Lennon was a disgrace, in his first season they nearly went down, but the following season they finished in 8th place, which was still an improvement, he also won them only their 4th ever trophy, not to mention giving me a good laugh by beating the Yams in the final.

But that wasn't good enough for the directors who thought they should be challenging for Europe in the league, without once thinking they might have a manager on the way to making them a team who could do just that. Who was the man to bring their lofty ambitions to fruition? ... Tommy Craig ... I mean Tommy Craig :faf: ....... I still remember laughing my arse off at the time.

If it was the fault of our board that Hibs went tits up then St Mirren's are in the same league without a doubt. In fact they are probably worse, our board failed to prevent our demise, St Mirren's pretty well caused theirs.

Agree with pretty much all of what you say with the exception that the rationale for the sacking of Lennon and the appointment of Craig was the race to the bottom financially. The cheapest option. They failed to mention that rationale of course. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the new regime at St Mirren reversed that catastrophic chain of events. I hope they do as they were on a sustained downward spiral.

Hibernia&Alba
19-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Another Hun bites the dust.

Gmack7
19-09-2016, 05:12 PM
I was talking to a st mirren fan at work today,apparently yogi and butcher are rumoured to be in the running, he wants butcher, he wasn't drinking

Hibernia&Alba
19-09-2016, 05:13 PM
I was talking to a st mirren fan at work today,apparently yogi and butcher are rumoured to be in the running, he wants butcher, he wasn't drinking

Then he needs psychiatric help. :agree:

Keith_M
19-09-2016, 05:22 PM

Nah, Paisley has more Tanning Salons than anywhere else in the world.

FitbaFolkKen
19-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Nah, Paisley has more Tanning Salons than anywhere else in the world.

Great! Play a bit of Where's Jimmy?

Craig_HFC
20-09-2016, 02:58 PM

I'd love it if they got Butcher & Malpas if only so we could give them absolute dogs abuse for 90 minutes whenever we play them.

Despise those two absolute imposters.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Wonder if Steven Thompson will get a look in?

hibees 7062
20-09-2016, 03:21 PM

Him and Goodwin

Billy Whizz
20-09-2016, 03:50 PM

He said on sportscene on sunday that he wasn't throwing his hat in for the job

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-09-2016, 04:04 PM
He said on sportscene on sunday that he wasn't throwing his hat in for the job

Because he only throws spiked poles?

IWasThere2016
20-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Jack Ross (Alloa) or Gary Bollan (Farfar) - probs the former IMHO

silverhibee
21-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Billy Davies

matty_f
21-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Billy Davies

Would be a good appointment for them.

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2016, 11:27 AM

Butcher? .... bloody hell the guy you were talking to must be a secret Morton fan :confused:

They tell me the lad Skelton is doing a great job at Queen of the South, that's who they should be going for, in fact I insist upon it :greengrin

JDHibs
21-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Gus McPherson
Jack Ross
Billy Davies (They've met with him)]

Are the names ive heard who are in the running.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Billy Davies is a strange one. Comes across as very full of himself and won't be shy of a penny or two from his days at Forrest and Derby. Surprised he hasn't picked up another club down South. Maybe he hasn't been looking.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Billy Davies

Jack Ross is highly rated by Buddies The Billy Davies contact wasnt expected and would be interesting choice But he still has t work with same raw material that Rae brought in
But they are so poor just now it wouldnt be that hard for someone to improve them

Zazu62
21-09-2016, 08:23 PM
If might be the cheap option for some of these clubs to appoint people like foran,canning etc .. worked with Alex Neil tho done a very good job with Hamilton

Billy Whizz
21-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Billy Davies is a strange one. Comes across as very full of himself and won't be shy of a penny or two from his days at Forrest and Derby. Surprised he hasn't picked up another club down South. Maybe he hasn't been looking.

I'm curious to know why he hasn't been a manager recently?

lucky
22-09-2016, 12:36 AM
Billy Davis is damaged goods down south. Poor man management and rumours of liking a night out to much. The reality is he's not achieved much as a manager and with no budget he will struggle. Sacking a manger 6 games into a season is a disgrace.