PDA

View Full Version : Dumfries pub? (Man Utd v Leicester)

Kaiserclem
18-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Heading over to Dumfries next week, on route to the wife's sisters in the Lake District. Any good suggestions on a decent pub where to watch Man Utd v Leicester and a couple of drinks? Where is everyone heading?

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-09-2016, 10:20 AM
The Waverley Bar outside the station looks cheap and cheery, never been in it though.

HH81
19-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Been in a few pubs but don't remember any of them having sky.

Cod Boy
19-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Dickies bar

Lancs Harp
19-09-2016, 04:49 PM
The Waverley does have Sky Sport as does the Hole in the Wall in the High street.

FitbaFolkKen
19-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Lived there for a year or so, I used to drink in the Barrel. No idea if it is still open now! If chancers is still open stay away, although I did have a cracking night out with Andy Goram there!

andrew70
19-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Heading over to Dumfries next week, on route to the wife's sisters in the Lake District. Any good suggestions on a decent pub where to watch Man Utd v Leicester and a couple of drinks? Where is everyone heading?

I've booked four of us in at The Granary. Booth sorted for a scran and a TV to watch the United game.

Maybe see you there A.

Kaiserclem
19-09-2016, 09:05 PM
I've booked four of us in at The Granary. Booth sorted for a scran and a TV to watch the United game.

Maybe see you there A.

The Granary sounds a good shout, hopefully see a Leicester and Hibs double :wink:

chinaman
20-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Lived there for a year or so, I used to drink in the Barrel. No idea if it is still open now! If chancers is still open stay away, although I did have a cracking night out with Andy Goram there!

Cracking night, as in you pissed in his beer and broke the bigoted clowns jaw as you said " see ya fanny " and booted him into the river at the end of the night.

andrew70
20-09-2016, 11:11 AM
The Granary sounds a good shout, hopefully see a Leicester and Hibs double :wink:

At the minute there's every chance

.Sean.
20-09-2016, 11:39 AM
My mate stays down there and went down for a couple nights earlier in the year - 99% sure the barrel has a 6am bevvy license. I like the place :greengrin