PDA

View Full Version : Ayr highlights.

H18 SFR
18-09-2016, 08:48 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=em&v=DyCaKVLkG-4

gaz1875
18-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Cummings goal looks even better on second viewing and the Bartley straight red looked half as bad as it did at the game, bit unlucky to see a straight red.

thebausburst
18-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Keeper looks woeful at the corner!

KWJ
18-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Good full highlights there and shows that we dominated the game really.

Stevenson should have got across the guy even if it was going to be a foul and yellow but good to see him also near score as well as put a great ball in towards the end, not as said on all the posts slating him.

Bartley red was a bit harsh in my book but I see why he gave it, I doubt anyone would be going mad if a yellow was given.

What a finish from Cummings, keep doing that pal.

Shinnie had 4 decent efforts that he done well to create and Fyvie looked involved.

Going by the highlights we'd have won that comfortably 9/10. Important not to panic.

snooky
18-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Reason for defeat was more due to wasted chances up front than two defence slip ups, IMO.
Hard to comment on the sending off incident due to blocked view.

FitbaFolkKen
18-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Good full highlights there and shows that we dominated the game really.

Stevenson should have got across the guy even if it was going to be a foul and yellow but good to see him also near score as well as put a great ball in towards the end, not as said on all the posts slating him.

Bartley red was a bit harsh in my book but I see why he gave it, I doubt anyone would be going mad if a yellow was given.

What a finish from Cummings, keep doing that pal.

Shinnie had 4 decent efforts that he done well to create and Fyvie looked involved.

Going by the highlights we'd have won that comfortably 9/10. Important not to panic.

You are right he put in one good ball, however he had numerous opportunities to do the same and never which funnily enough won't turn up in the highlights.

IanFaeClerrie
18-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Fyvie was head and shoulders our best player, Colum ming did nothing apart from his fabulous goal. Holt was back to rubbish after his good performance last week. Seconds rubbish consecutive performance from Shinnie. Keeper hopeless at the corner -- back to last season there. Lennon had no idea what to do when Bartley was sent off.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
18-09-2016, 01:07 PM
To be fair Ayr's second goal is absolutely outstanding, nothing to do with poor defending IMO, just a sweeping passing move from the back reminiscent of Paulo Rossis goal vs Brazil in 1982. (I'm old). Lewis' inability to keep pace with the right midfielder is a concern though; it was always said back in the day he was the second fastest in the squad behind Sproule. I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

We'll still win this league.

IanFaeClerrie
18-09-2016, 01:45 PM
I agree with the concern on Lewis but he's b playing a lot higher up and in this case it was a sub and Lewis made the mistake of going flat footed but this season he's failed to cut out a number of key crosses.

Joe6-2
18-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Won't open for me, send again please!

pedroorange1875
18-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Never thought at the game it was ever a red card.....100% convinced now the ref got it wrong...never a red

wookie70
18-09-2016, 03:57 PM
I agree with the concern on Lewis but he's b playing a lot higher up and in this case it was a sub and Lewis made the mistake of going flat footed but this season he's failed to cut out a number of key crosses.

It was the right back who ripped past Lewis as he did on a couple of occasions before it. He played the full 90 for them and put in a great shift. Boyle and McGinn were goal side of him when he picked the ball up deep in his own half. He preceded to run to our byline totally unchallenged. No idea what David Gray was playing at running to the goals rather than the man. It really was shocking defending from Lewis and Gray and worst of all lazy from the tracking players.

ClewsHibs
18-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Was the keeper injured? He looks like hes running with torn hamstrings

erin go bragh
18-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Daylight robbery . At least Dick Turpin wore a bleeding mask.
We should have been out of sight before the red card .
Onwards we go to Dumfries .

IanFaeClerrie
18-09-2016, 05:25 PM
It was the right back who ripped past Lewis as he did on a couple of occasions before it. He played the full 90 for them and put in a great shift. Boyle and McGinn were goal side of him when he picked the ball up deep in his own half. He preceded to run to our byline totally unchallenged. No idea what David Gray was playing at running to the goals rather than the man. It really was shocking defending from Lewis and Gray and worst of all lazy from the tracking players.

aye you're right - my mistake

IanFaeClerrie
18-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Was the keeper injured? He looks like hes running with torn hamstrings

he has real trouble finding our players with his clearances - really obvious last week.

Unseen work
18-09-2016, 05:41 PM
To be fair Ayr's second goal is absolutely outstanding, nothing to do with poor defending IMO, just a sweeping passing move from the back reminiscent of Paulo Rossis goal vs Brazil in 1982. (I'm old). Lewis' inability to keep pace with the right midfielder is a concern though; it was always said back in the day he was the second fastest in the squad behind Sproule. I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

We'll still win this league.

Nothing to do with poor defending? The boy in the middle that scores has no one near him

HibsNutter
18-09-2016, 05:50 PM
The booing at the end is embarrassing, we dominated the game and the result was a fluke. The highlights show as much.

IanFaeClerrie
18-09-2016, 06:20 PM
The booing at the end is embarrassing, we dominated the game and the result was a fluke. The highlights show as much.

we were just as inept in front of goal last week but this week Ayr were better than Dumbarton. We have to watch our head coach malking the same mistakes as we do every new head coach. He sticks too long with the players he feels he has a [personal stake in / with.

DaveF
18-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Still think it's a red card even after seeing that. He went high and was reckless.

Their opening goal is a joke on all counts.

Sir David Gray
18-09-2016, 06:27 PM

Any time Hibs lose at home to Ayr Utd, there will always be booing at full time.

Scottie
18-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Any time Hibs lose at home to Ayr Utd, there will always be booing at full time.
And so there should be SDG.

Full time team v Part time team. Is this the start of the bad day at the office thread emerging from last year. :wink:

Sir David Gray
18-09-2016, 06:42 PM
And so there should be SDG.

Full time team v Part time team. Is this the start of the bad day at the office thread emerging from last year. :wink:

Ayr's full time.

The only part time team in the Championship this season is Dumbarton.

Sergey
18-09-2016, 06:51 PM
A couple of observations from the highlights reel.

i) You can't blame the keeper for either goal. It was a piss-poor back header from Hanlon and Usain Bolt wouldn't have kept the ball in play. He was also blameless for the goal at the corner kick. There were four defenders looking to put their head on the ball and not one got near it.

ii) Stevenson has found his level.

KWJ
18-09-2016, 08:09 PM
A couple of observations from the highlights reel.

i) You can't blame the keeper for either goal. It was a piss-poor back header from Hanlon and Usain Bolt wouldn't have kept the ball in play. He was also blameless for the goal at the corner kick. There were four defenders looking to put their head on the ball and not one got near it.

ii) Stevenson has found his level.

i) Utter pish. Not the best header in the world but he could and should've got it.

ii) Scottish Cup winner?

Roxyhibee
18-09-2016, 08:28 PM
i) Utter pish. Not the best header in the world but he could and should've got it.

ii) Scottish Cup winner?

All credit to anyone who has a SC winners medal and Lewis obviously, but I hope you're not suggesting that having the medal automatically makes someone a good footballer and immune from analysis and criticism.?!

- would you care to have a look at some of the individual winners from the previous 5 years alone, without even going further back in history.?

FitbaFolkKen
18-09-2016, 08:31 PM

The booing was held for the ref as far as I could tell.

Captain Trips
18-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Pure and simple one of those days you get. Every team gets them during a season. Not worried at all by that.

fife hfc
18-09-2016, 08:44 PM
At the game I blamed Marciano but after watching the highlights he may have got to Hanlons poor header back, but it was the zonal marking that led to the header as Balatoni got a run on a host of defenders in the area. The second goal was just shocking defending from the lot of them. However we had chances to put the game out of sight and felt it was like watching a Stubbs performance against a packed defence, no pace and Intensity. It was too easy for Ayr to defend yesterday and we happily played the ball about in front of them. A higher tempo is required and stret bing the game and of course taking our bloody chances.

emerald green
18-09-2016, 10:27 PM

Yes, but Hibs lost.

Embarrassing? In what way exactly? What do you expect football fans to do after watching their team throw the three points away in that ridiculous manner?

It's what football fans do to show their displeasure I'm afraid. Not just Hibs fans. All fans, at all clubs.

Maybe instead they should have a rousing sing song, and cheer and clap wildly? No wait. That's what happens when their team wins.

monktonharp
18-09-2016, 10:52 PM
At the game I blamed Marciano but after watching the highlights he may have got to Hanlons poor header back, but it was the zonal marking that led to the header as Balatoni got a run on a host of defenders in the area. The second goal was just shocking defending from the lot of them. However we had chances to put the game out of sight and felt it was like watching a Stubbs performance against a packed defence, no pace and Intensity. It was too easy for Ayr to defend yesterday and we happily played the ball about in front of them. A higher tempo is required and stret bing the game and of course taking our bloody chances. by stret bing the game, I suppose you mean stretching the game (a fife thing?) . I do agree though, that we should have put them to the sword by having much more kicks at goal instead of fannying around,outside the 18 yard box. the link did not work, for me but will see it on the reliable bbc highlights.

KeithTheHibby
19-09-2016, 07:53 AM
What was the keeper doing for the first? Lennon should be ripping him for not making any attempt to prevent the ball going out for a corner, pathetic attempt.

Brightside
19-09-2016, 07:59 AM

Their RB was excellent all day and the stand out for me.

Lennons mistake was to take off Holt at 60...he wasn't tired and was playing well creating space for other players. Shinnie has a terrible game and id have had Dylan on for him at halftime.

inglisavhibs
19-09-2016, 12:39 PM
What was the keeper doing for the first? Lennon should be ripping him for not making any attempt to prevent the ball going out for a corner, pathetic attempt.

Spot on, had he been on his toes he would have got there no problem. The corner was a great delivery and the guy attacked it well. The second goal was a big strong athlete beating Stevenson one for one and then hungry players getting on the end of the cross.

Agree with above post, he was too hasty taking Holt off.

WWFTWTG
19-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Bartley should have known better - poor decision making on his part he was our MOM before being sent off.

Keeper badly at fault for first goal - should have dealt with back pass and resulting corner.

Stevenson seems to lack confidence is not able to pass or even cross the ball effectively - feel for him but change this now.

California-Hibs
19-09-2016, 11:53 PM
On 2nd viewing why the hell does Rocky not at least run and try to prevent it going out for a corner for their 1st?? I feel he might of just been able to get that! Never picked this up watching live Saturday. Also thought his positioning and attempt to punch from the resulting corner goal was poor too.

Incredible finish from Jason.

Definitely is a red card for me.

We had plenty of chance and on another day Holts headers in and his shot off the posts in.

I'd be more worried if we weren't creating chances.

Billychaotic182
20-09-2016, 01:03 AM
The first Ayr goal for me proves why zonal marking doesn't work. Balatoni was able to get the run on our defenders and got an easy goal. We need to mark the man. Any player running into you with momentum will win the ball over a stagnant player. As for the second goal. I know it is frowned apon but when there player beat Stevenson for pace Lewy should have just taken him down. Maybe that's just my FIFA tactics coming into play haha.