PDA

View Full Version : No Excuses...

Keith_M
18-09-2016, 08:06 AM
I read Lennon's comments on the game and he reckons Hibs lost purely because of the sending-off.

Well that's one opinion but if you look to excuses instead of what you did wrong, then you can expect more of the same.

Ayr Utd are a very poor team and Hibs should really have been out of sight before the red card. Teams have also held on to a lead despite a sending-off. Maybe he should be honest, admit the team's failings and look to improve on those areas.

BT58
18-09-2016, 08:10 AM
We lost because we scored 1, we had chances but came up against a goalie who did his job.

J-C
18-09-2016, 08:10 AM
I read Lennon's comments on the game and he reckons Hibs lost purely because of the sending-off.

Well that's one opinion but if you look to excuses instead of what you did wrong, then you can expect more of the same.

Ayr Utd are a very poor team and Hibs should really have been out of sight before the red card. Teams have also held on to a lead despite a sending-off. Maybe he should be honest, admit the team's failings and look to improve on those areas.

He should've brought Dylan on for Shinnie and shored up the middle of the park, far too much space was left when Bartley went off and that's Lennon's fault.

Pretty Boy
18-09-2016, 08:18 AM
I'm sure what Lennon is saying publicly and what is being done privately are 2 different things.

Managers are great at drawing attention, and pressure, away from their players and themselves by publicly blaming a referee or whatever. Privately the riot act will be getting read at EM and Hibs will be more than aware of their own failings yesterday.

Highland_Hibee
18-09-2016, 08:20 AM
I hope this masks Lennons true feelings as all that tosh about him not accepting poor performances could prove to be rubbish. Bit of a Stubbs line that not addressing we were poor ourselves. I can let it slip. I never expected us to go unbeaten but with QotS and Dundee Utd up next we have to be more clinical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
18-09-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm sure what Lennon is saying publicly and what is being done privately are 2 different things.

Managers are great at drawing attention, and pressure, away from their players and themselves by publicly blaming a referee or whatever. Privately the riot act will be getting read at EM and Hibs will be more than aware of their own failings yesterday.

This totally.

Earlydelivery
18-09-2016, 08:24 AM
Thought we were really unlucky yesterday , their goalie had a few good saves and I never thought they were ever gonna score but the sending off (I sit east stand sect 39 had great view on tackle and it's a sending off everyday every day off the week ) changed the game , it gave them a wee but belief but two very avoidable goals

Greenworld
18-09-2016, 08:28 AM
He should've brought Dylan on for Shinnie and shored up the middle of the park, far too much space was left when Bartley went off and that's Lennon's fault.
100% shinning did nothing yesterday I couldn't believe he wasn't hooked at ht.
Very dissatisfied with the team and manager for not making changes earlier.
However to be fair the sending off changed the game massively.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
18-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Shinnie (spell check)

Nicho87
18-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Is it just me who thought we were far to slow and predictable in our play. Shinnie needs some shooting practice also.

Greenworld
18-09-2016, 08:32 AM

Agree totally and at least we now go into what could be a crucial match away to qos with our feet firmly back on the ground

Hibernia&Alba
18-09-2016, 08:34 AM
We should be able to see out a home game with ten men against Ayr United. Just make a wee reorganisation and play sensibly; that should be enough. Didn't see that result coming.

Onion
18-09-2016, 08:55 AM

10 or 11, Hibs should never have lost that match from a winning position. No excuses.

All yesterday did was further encourage poor teams to come to ER and park the bus.

Heisenberg
18-09-2016, 09:09 AM
10 or 11, Hibs should never have lost that match from a winning position. No excuses.

All yesterday did was further encourage poor teams to come to ER and park the bus.

Every championship team that comes to ER will park the bus. Yesterdays result will not have made any difference on that front. Sit back, hope we miss our chances as we normally do then hit on the break and take the one/two chances when they can. No different to facing an Alan Stubbs Hibs side.

biotech
18-09-2016, 09:09 AM
It was a bad day at the office. All teams have them. Next game please.

Ronniekirk
18-09-2016, 09:21 AM

And we have seen the Park the Bus Tactic derail our season because we then cant break teams down so fail to score goals and that seems to be the trigger for defefence to get the jotters and concede goals that on another dsy they might not have conceded
We now have to bounce back immediately or teams will question our resiliance and revert to those tactics to try and thwart us
Wasnt at game so not sure if we would of won if Bartley had stayed on the pitch ,but
We seem too reliant on Cummngs scoring
With Dylan missing our creative play suffers
Henderson was our top scoring midfielder and we havent brought in a replacement so gosls from that area arent goingbto improve
My son wasnt impressed by shinnie who he thought he flattered to decieve
We were never going to get another player of Stokes quality but we need to find a way to get goals from Holt and Graham or Keatings

Will Queen of the South keep thier form going and can Dobbie keep his scoring run going That emains to be seen but they are arguably favourites next weekend so lets see if they handle the pressure

Waxy
18-09-2016, 09:26 AM
We lost 1-2 to Stranraer in 99. Then went on to skoosh it.

Highland_Hibee
18-09-2016, 09:30 AM

We had plenty opportunities. Can't call it effective tactics from the opposition when we skew chances left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
18-09-2016, 09:43 AM

A poor team, who are also part time.

Albanian Hibs
18-09-2016, 09:49 AM

Aug 98 iirc

Zazu62
18-09-2016, 09:54 AM

Exactly. **** happens. Keep the faith

Eyrie
18-09-2016, 11:35 AM
We should have been out of sight before the sending off. That we weren't is down to slow play and too many poor performances.

Lennon is just doing what he did when he was Celtc manager - deflecting public attention from the truth. As long as he sorts it out in private then I'll treat his public statements with the indifference they deserve.

Lago
18-09-2016, 12:19 PM
We should be able to see out a home game with ten men against Ayr United. Just make a wee reorganisation and play sensibly; that should be enough. Didn't see that result coming.
Your correct, hibs were 1 up so didn't need to do anything but protect that lead, 10 men should have seen the game out.

chasitup
18-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Is it just me who thought we were far to slow and predictable in our play. Shinnie needs some shooting practice also.

Especially in the first half, far too slow, no energy to our play at all.

Keith_M
18-09-2016, 12:49 PM

That example helps to prove my point.

The warning was taken on board and acted on. In that instance, McCleish went out and bought players to fill the deficiencies in the side. If he just sat back and made excuses, Hibs wouldn't have 'skooshed' the league.

Now Lennon needs to look at what he and the team are doing wrong and act to change it. If that's what he's actually doing behind the scenes, then fine.

The Gorf
18-09-2016, 02:39 PM
We lost because we scored 1, we had chances but came up against a goalie who did his job.
Exactly. His first save was nothing short of miraculous. Any other goalkeeper and we would have walked it. In my humble opinion of course.

High-On-Hibs
19-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Lennon will have been going absolutely radge at them in the dressing room after the game yesterday. You could see how frustrated he was on the touch line regarding how slow our build up play was. What gets said on a microphone in front of the camera is just media deflection. He knows we were abysmal yesterday, make no mistake about it.

JimBHibees
19-09-2016, 08:43 AM
We were still leading when sending off happened should have been able to see out defending horrific for both goals.

Steve20
19-09-2016, 09:56 AM

We also brought in players like Mixu, Latapy and Sauzee during that season too.

The team that played that game was a lot different to the one that ended that season.

Craig_in_Prague
19-09-2016, 10:06 AM
It was my fault for doing a single on Hibs.
I will never bet them again.

Was gutted about the score, given 4 of the best teams were playing each other.
This weekend is dodgy looking, hopefully we win and can get going again.

Ardenttwo
19-09-2016, 05:55 PM
100% shinning did nothing yesterday I couldn't believe he wasn't hooked at ht.
Very dissatisfied with the team and manager for not making changes earlier.
However to be fair the sending off changed the game massively.

Totally agree Shinnie was very poor as was Stevenson..We must have better options that the latter..Not looking good for our next game if this is our team..If we cannot beat bloody Ayr then we are in the league for a few years..Too much hype about how good we are when in fact we are just a championship side. No doubt we will hear about we won the Scottish Cup. Time to put that to bed