PDA

View Full Version : keatings

Cat Stanton
17-09-2016, 10:47 PM
What's he got to do to get a start? (Fabulous) goal aside, I thought Cummings was very poor today, and Shinnie didn't impress much either (first time I've seen him - happy to be told it was unlike him). Also: now Henderson's gone, Keatings is by far the best corner taker - gives us a real threat.

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2016, 10:56 PM
Cummings has 8 goals in 6 games, he isn't going to be dropped anytime soon.

calumhibee1
17-09-2016, 10:56 PM

Yup. -!; neither he should be.

number9dream
18-09-2016, 08:12 AM
If we can't deliver a decent cross then I'd rather go with Keatings up top with Cummings than Holt or Graham.

That said, Keatings can whip in a good ball, so can we find a way for him to play with one of the big lads and Cummings? At home to Ayr, I'd have thought we could have managed a front three with Fyvie or Marv dropping out...

Pretty Boy
18-09-2016, 08:15 AM

Crazy that people are even suggesting it.

It's the Riordan/work rate nonsense all over again.

Nicho87
18-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Keatings usually scores when he gets a run if starts as a striker. Deserves a start next week instead of holt?

Borderhibbie76
18-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Keatings never set the Heather alight when he was starting the first few games of season. I like him but he needs to contribute more when on the field - even yesterday although he came on when we were down to 10...he didn't exactly stand out from the crowd...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
18-09-2016, 11:20 AM
What's he got to do to get a start? (Fabulous) goal aside, I thought Cummings was very poor today, and Shinnie didn't impress much either (first time I've seen him - happy to be told it was unlike him). Also: now Henderson's gone, Keatings is by far the best corner taker - gives us a real threat.

Cummings did hee haw apart from his goal, which was brilliant by the way. You can't have players being that bad for 90 minutes in the hope that they can score a wonder goal against Ayr frigging Utd. Maybe a more effective player would have the TEAM scoring 2 or 3 goals. Cummings, apart from his goal was a waste of a jersey yesterday.

B.H.F.C
18-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Cummings did hee haw apart from his goal, which was brilliant by the way. You can't have players being that bad for 90 minutes in the hope that they can score a wonder goal against Ayr frigging Utd. Maybe a more effective player would have the TEAM scoring 2 or 3 goals. Cummings, apart from his goal was a waste of a jersey yesterday.

Ah the old argument about getting a more effective team player than Cummings. He's the only player who looks like he's capable of scoring a goal at the moment and the failings of others is nothing to do with him. We've got midfield players who contribute nowhere near enough going forward and putting Keatings in for Cummings isn't going to change that.

Real Emerald
18-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Ah the old argument about getting a more effective team player than Cummings. He's the only player who looks like capable of scoring a goal at the moment and the failings of others is nothing to do with him. We've got midfield players who contribute nowhere near enough going forward and putting Keatings in for Cummings isn't going to change that.

Cummings apart from his wonder goal contributed nothing yesterday. I'm only talking about yesterdays performance and he was really really poor. Not the only one I agree but he did have an awful game.

Tyler Durden
18-09-2016, 11:29 AM

That's just not true. Go watch the highlights, Cummings put a chance on a plate for Holt and set up a good chance for Stevenson in the first half.

He offered great movement, generally keeps the ball and scored a great goal. Missed one other good chance yes but did his job better than virtually any other player in our team

I don't know what you were watching.

Real Emerald
18-09-2016, 11:32 AM
That's just not true. Go watch the highlights, Cummings put a chance on a plate for Holt and set up a good chance for Stevenson in the first half.

He offered great movement, generally keeps the ball and scored a great goal. Missed one other good chance yes but did his job better than virtually any other player in our team

I don't know what you were watching.

I was watching Hibs getting a 2 - 1 defeat at home to Ayr Utd and I thought Cummings (who I like) was poor yesterday. If he's worth the money people are talking about then show it against these teams.

BlackSheep
18-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Keatings usually scores when he gets a run if starts as a striker. Deserves a start next week instead of holt?

100% agree...

shinnie is reasonably tall tall lad and not bad in the air, Keats and Cummings up front would give us pace and power from Keatings, coupled with the shark like mentality of Cummings... Shinnie can take the aerial responsibility.

As someone earlier stated, our cross hasn't been up to standard so let's try something different.

i think Lennon's tactic of having a taller forward up top from the start then adding pace later on has its merits... as pace when the opponents are tired should be useful but I think we should be exploiting our pacey players from the start.... either Boyle or Keatings then one or the other can come off the bench when the latter is tiring.... or stick on the taller forwards and start throwing crosses in.....

Thoughts?

PS...

i also think Lennon needs to change it up against QoS next week as they already know our game and have beaten us.

PPS... I also think it's still early in the season to be criticising Cummings... especially when I think he hasn't been firing on all cylinders all season.... and has still managed 8 goals so far. I think a Lacey partner up front would cause enough hassle for opposing defences that Cummings would get a bit more space and time to be more decisive in front of goal. Trust me when I say Cummings has a whole lot more to come.

Mikey09
18-09-2016, 01:52 PM
What is it with folk wanting Holt dropped. I must be watching a different team. Holt occupies both centre backs and it's no coincidence Cummings has so many goals, and should have had more, because of this. Holt is a very strong, clever player. Opinions eh!!

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Keatings could be given a chance in the hole as they say .. but there is no chance of Cummings being dropped, he is there to score goals and that's what he has been doing, I wouldn't say he was as bad as some folk are making out yesterday either, in fact he had a few passes and lay offs that put us in decent positions.

Bostonhibby
18-09-2016, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't drop Cummings whilst he's the man getting the bulk of our goals again. Keatings is a good maker and taker of chances who I'd love to see get more games, him and Cummings together wouldn't be a problem for me if they got the right service.

Keatings is a clever footballer

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

the tornadoe
18-09-2016, 02:37 PM
I thought Shinnie should not have been out for the second half ! He was woeful in the first and got worse after the break, Keatings should have replaced him at half time. It does concern me that Lennon kept Shinnie on for so long when we had MCgeough Keatings and Boyle on the bench !!

h185forever
18-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Any of the stato's give some comparison figures on Cummings and keatings ??

total minutes played
shots on target
goals
goals per minute played

they are different types of player but this might be an interesting comparison

SunshineOnLeith
18-09-2016, 03:33 PM
I was watching Hibs getting a 2 - 1 defeat at home to Ayr Utd and I thought Cummings (who I like) was poor yesterday. If he's worth the money people are talking about then show it against these teams.

From a waste of a jersey who did hee haw to merely 'poor' in 3 minutes, that's got to be a Hibs.net record for back pedalling!

Bothar Casca
18-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Any of the stato's give some comparison figures on Cummings and keatings ??

total minutes played
shots on target
goals
goals per minute played

they are different types of player but this might be an interesting comparison

These are from the last 2 full championship seasons and this season. Keatings season at Hearts are included to give a better comparison.

Keatings

Appearances - 65
Goals - 22
Assists - 12
Minutes Played - 3350
Average of 1 goal every 152 Minutes
Highest bid received - £0

Cummings

Appearance - 78
Goals - 45
Assists - 14
Minutes Played - 5758
Average of 1 goal every 127 Minutes
Highest bid received - £1,700,000

Stevie Reid
18-09-2016, 05:08 PM

Apart from the fact that your analysis of his performance is at odds with what I and many others saw, if you're seriously suggesting dropping the player who has scored two thirds of our league goals so far, I think you're insane.

Cummings is improving his all round game whilst maintaining a phenomenal scoring ratio. To pick him out as a failure yesterday (after scoring in the 6th league game in a row) is grossly unfair.

HoboHarry
18-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Can't help wondering what some of our on board experts would have thought of my avatar Ally McLeod when he was in his pomp.......

HibsNutter
18-09-2016, 05:22 PM

You say this as if he comes off the bench and grabs a hat-trick every week...

Kaiserclem
18-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Keatings needs to start more regularly, Cummings scores goals but gives us nothing else. I honestly think Keatings would score a barrowload for us. Cummings cannot be complained about though as goals is what it's about and he's the only one that's doing it but he frustrates me week in week out a short he gives us nothing in general play.

Cat Stanton
18-09-2016, 07:34 PM
You say this as if he comes off the bench and grabs a hat-trick every week...

Nope - I say it in the sense that he may be a more attacking threat than others currently in that role. Which is why I mentioned it in the first place...

MWHIBBIES
18-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Keatings needs to start more regularly, Cummings scores goals but gives us nothing else. I honestly think Keatings would score a barrowload for us. Cummings cannot be complained about though as goals is what it's about and he's the only one that's doing it but he frustrates me week in week out a short he gives us nothing in general play.That is just not true anymore.

HappyHanlon
19-09-2016, 09:23 AM

Are you off your meds?

Serious question.

The Leith Dutch
19-09-2016, 09:58 AM

I like Keatings a lot but I think he's not the answer.

Cummings is scoring goals so shouldn't be dropped;
Holt is what we've been needing for a while - big striker who occupies the Centre Halfs and can hold the ball up;
I don't see a Cummings / Keatings partnership being more effective.

The issue is that the set up play is either poor or too slow which, added to us being poor shooting from distance and at direct free kicks in Beckham territory, is why we're not scoring enough.

Gray and Stevenson are full backs not wing backs so we're not stretching teams wide or getting quality crosses in.
Which leaves McGinn and Shinnie trying to thread balls past 11 men in the box and hit a striker.
Not convinced Keatings would do a significantly better job at that.

Fwiw - if we created chances and stuck him up front I think he's also score a hatful.

vercol36
19-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Im no football genius, but I'd assume that Cummings just being on the pitch ties up a couple of opposition defenders, thus reducing their overall impact in other areas of the game?

SunshineOnLeith
19-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Nope - I say it in the sense that he may be a more attacking threat than others currently in that role. Which is why I mentioned it in the first place...

More of an attacking threat that the guy who's scored in every league game? Good one :aok:

BlackSheep
19-09-2016, 04:17 PM
More of an attacking threat that the guy who's scored in every league game? Good one :aok:

I think he is talking about Holt and Graham...