PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Sound System

Libby Hibby
17-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Much better in the East...to me, it seemed like it was turned down a bit which made it more audible.

Nice touch with the kids taking over too

Golden Bear
17-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Still absolutely ropey in the famous five end of the upper West. You can pick up the occasional word but that's about it.

oconnors_strip
17-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Some of the kids announcing were clearer today than the announcer

DaveF
17-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Still absolutely ropey in the famous five end of the upper West. You can pick up the occasional word but that's about it.

Its brutal in the west upper. He'd be as well speaking in Russian for all I can make out.

RCNG
17-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Its brutal in the west upper. He'd be as well speaking in Russian for all I can make out.

Balderdash.

wookie70
17-09-2016, 06:55 PM
I can hear it fine in the west upper but I would rather it was switched off to be honest. Does nothing for the atmosphere and I hate all the let's make it 6 wins on the bounce chat.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Still crap from my seat in the east stand.

brianmc
17-09-2016, 06:57 PM
We have a sound system??

Shrekko
17-09-2016, 07:00 PM

He still decided to repeat absolutely everything they said though.

See all this tempting fate publically by mentioning 6 in a row time after time- I really don't see the purpose. Only likely outcome is egg on your face and delighted away fans rubbing it in - as per today. Why not show some dignity and just let the game take care of itself?

exeterhibby
17-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Balderdash.

Depends where you are in the West Upper. We always sit at the South end of the West and cannot understand a word.....except, my wife tells me....it is clear as a bell in the ladies toilet there!

The kids were better as they spoke slower!

Nakedmanoncrack
17-09-2016, 07:13 PM
See all this tempting fate publically by mentioning 6 in a row time after time- I really don't see the purpose. Only likely outcome is egg on your face and delighted away fans rubbing it in - as per today. Why not show some dignity and just let the game take care of itself?

:agree:

Hate all that - usually comes back to haunt.

Regarding the sound - still ear splitting volume at our seats in West Lower, quite a few parents protecting younger Hibs Kids ears with their hands when the pre-match music being blasted! Horrendous.

Pete
17-09-2016, 07:25 PM
It's blaring in some areas yet in others people can hardly hear it.

Seems strange in a stadium with such a simple design as ours.

murray26
17-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Far to loud in the ff lower..

fatbloke
18-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Still crap from my seat in the east stand.

What he said.

Albanian Hibs
19-09-2016, 05:17 AM
Cant hear a thing from my seat in the east section 42

ruthven_raiders
19-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Balderdash.

West upper, near the north stand can't understand a word

matty_f
19-09-2016, 07:31 AM
West upper, near the north stand can't understand a word

:agree: unless the announcer is actually saying "mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm " in which case I can hear him perfectly.

California-Hibs
19-09-2016, 07:41 AM
I'll be honest, I've always found the complaint particularly strange. Granted I can't vouch for many other areas of the stadium, but as I had a Season Ticket for 14 years in the FF Lower I never ever had a problem with it in any way. Clear, loud, etc

drumatic44
19-09-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm in the East around the centre, and it's interesting that you can hear the security announcement and alarm no problem, but, when the stadium announcer starts up the quality is poor. !!

MB62
19-09-2016, 07:50 AM

I thought against Brondby they had brought their own stadium announcer, I couldn't make out a word that was being said. It's like that every game and TBH it might even be a H&S matter as I believe they tell you that when a certain sound comes over the system, you have to listen to the announcer and follow instructions. There is not a hope in hell of being able to do that in West Stand Upper.

s.a.m
19-09-2016, 07:50 AM

Hate all that - usually comes back to haunt.

Regarding the sound - still ear splitting volume at our seats in West Lower, quite a few parents protecting younger Hibs Kids ears with their hands when the pre-match music being blasted! Horrendous.

:agree: It's painfully loud where I am in the West Lower. If you want to say anything to your neighbour,you need to wait until the match has started. It wasn't quite as bad for a few years - I think they've turned it up again.

hfcnic
19-09-2016, 08:03 AM

Totally agree, sometimes I actually think the announcer is half the problem.

Was much better on Saturday could actually make bits of it out.

High-On-Hibs
19-09-2016, 08:10 AM
They use different speakers in different stands. Some more powerful than others. Some which are also faulty, causing awful distortion. I think they either need to change them, or just keep them off. The crowd should be making the noise.