PDA

View Full Version : Lennon's Post Match Comments

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2016, 06:07 PM
I know he has to be positive for the team, but I can't agree that the red card was soft or the ref to blame. We messed that up ourselves and he and the players should be taking responsibility to put it right.

hhibs
17-09-2016, 06:10 PM
I know he has to be positive for the team, but I can't agree that the red card was soft or the ref to blame. We messed that up ourselves and he and the players should be taking responsibility to put it right.

Hopefully behind closed doors he is giving them a well deserved roasting.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 06:10 PM

Yeah, thought the same. I'm putting it down to him having a better view of the incident but I think to solely blame the ref is wrong.

Maybe he's looking at the bigger picture and wants to build a siege mentality but I don't think I agreed with him today.

familyman
17-09-2016, 06:12 PM
L S yet again gets so much of the ball and lobs it hopefully ..that is why we do not blow teams away..look at the third Falkirk goal for a lesson in crossing and finishing...We should have won easily, why on earth are we not looking for a left back?

Matty_Jack04
17-09-2016, 06:15 PM
L S yet again gets so much of the ball and lobs it hopefully ..that is why we do not blow teams away..look at the third Falkirk goal for a lesson in crossing and finishing...We should have won easily, why on earth are we not looking for a left back?

Zzzzzzzzz

Pedantic_Hibee
17-09-2016, 06:15 PM
I love wee Lewy but he has two modes. Run ten yards and pass inside, or run thirty yards and balloon a cross over everyone's head.

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2016, 06:22 PM
L S yet again gets so much of the ball and lobs it hopefully ..that is why we do not blow teams away..look at the third Falkirk goal for a lesson in crossing and finishing...We should have won easily, why on earth are we not looking for a left back?1 goal is a great sample size...

Lewis has put in plenty of great crosses in his time here, he had 1 bad game, he isn't the reason for all our problems. Bartley is the main person to blame for today, well in control until he got sent off.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 06:29 PM
1 goal is a great sample size...

Lewis has put in plenty of great crosses in his time here, he had 1 bad game, he isn't the reason for all our problems. Bartley is the main person to blame for today, well in control until he got sent off.

What if Lennon was right and the red was harsh? Would Bartley still be to blame?

The need to blame one player frustrates me, IMO the reason we never won today was a combination of loads of factors ranging from the keeper being a bit ***** for the first, full backs being poor, shinnie having a mare and Cummings barely touching the ball other than the goal, you could also add in poor subs from Lennon IMO and potentially a bad decision from the ref.

emerald green
17-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Hibs have nobody to blame for today's defeat except themselves.

They seemed to lack conviction all over the pitch. There's still very little pace in the team (unless Boyle comes on as a sub - often too late), and the final killer ball into the box was often poor or totally wasted. Chances again gone abegging.

Then to lose two goals in the manner they did, even allowing for the fact they were down to 10 men, was also very poor.

To win a league title, at any level, a team needs to be better than Hibs were today.

I'm sure Neil Lennon is only too well aware of all this. He needs to get it sorted out pronto.

B.H.F.C
17-09-2016, 06:33 PM

We were well in control even after he got sent off. We didn't have any less of the ball and lost a shocking goal from a corner. Performance was poor all round.

matty_f
17-09-2016, 06:35 PM
What if Lennon was right and the red was harsh? Would Bartley still be to blame?

The need to blame one player frustrates me, IMO the reason we never won today was a combination of loads of factors ranging from the keeper being a bit ***** for the first, full backs being poor, shinnie having a mare and Cummings barely touching the ball other than the goal, you could also add in poor subs from Lennon IMO and potentially a bad decision from the ref.
Totally agree. Good post. :agree:

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2016, 06:35 PM

The need to blame one player frustrates me, IMO the reason we never won today was a combination of loads of factors ranging from the keeper being a bit ***** for the first, full backs being poor, shinnie having a mare and Cummings barely touching the ball other than the goal, you could also add in poor subs from Lennon IMO and potentially a bad decision from the ref.Despite all those things we were still comfortable and would likely have won had Bartley not dived in and got sent off. He isn't solely to blame but he is a big reason.

The red wasn't harsh from my seat, I said right away he is off.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Despite all those things we were still comfortable and would likely have won had Bartley not dived in and got sent off. He isn't solely to blame but he is a big reason.

I thought so too, only reason I'm doubting myself now is I assume Lennon had a better view than me.

If he didn't get sent off then the players I mentioned above still didn't offer enough so they're still partly to blame for the loss. Too say it's one players fault is just wrong IMO

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2016, 06:45 PM
I thought so too, only reason I'm doubting myself now is I assume Lennon had a better view than me.

If he didn't get sent off then the players I mentioned above still didn't offer enough so they're still partly to blame for the loss.Too say it's one players fault is just wrong IMOI agree. I just said he wasn't solely to blame...

B.H.F.C
17-09-2016, 06:46 PM

If he didn't get sent off then the players I mentioned above still didn't offer enough so they're still partly to blame for the loss. Too say it's one players fault is just wrong IMO

After Bartley got sent off we should just have shored it up and seen the game out at 1-0. Thought Lennon was as much to blame as anybody for not getting another midfielder on.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 06:49 PM
After Bartley got sent off we should just have shored it up and seen the game out at 1-0. Thought Lennon was as much to blame as anybody for not getting another midfielder on.

Correct, Mcgeouch was the perfect sub at that point.

I also thought going straight 4-4-1 was the wrong choice. I'd have put Mcgeouch on for Shinnie and kept Boyle on the bench.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Correct, Mcgeouch was the perfect sub at that point.

I also thought going straight 4-4-1 was the wrong choice. I'd have put Mcgeouch on for Shinnie and kept Boyle on the bench.

Said the exact same.

I feel for anyone who sits near me in the West Lower, Row H, 181....my language was a bit choice today. Apologies.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Said the exact same.

I feel for anyone who sits near me in the West Lower, Row H, 181....my language was a bit choice today. Apologies.

**** off

Jonnyboy
17-09-2016, 07:04 PM

Can't disagree with any of that, bingo. Won't stop some posters having a go at individual players though.

I thought we were Stubbsesque for the whole of the first half and put under second half pressure because the manager got the subs wrong

Maybe people will stop making these ridiculous "we'll horse them 6-0" comments. We're going to have to fight for every point.

Finally, will the players please stop saying stupid things in interviews, like "we could go the whole season unbeaten" as it merely provides ammunition for opposing managers

Rant (not aimed at you, bingo) over

DaveF
17-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Can't disagree with any of that, bingo. Won't stop some posters having a go at individual players though.

I thought we were Stubbsesque for the whole of the first half and put under second half pressure because the manager got the subs wrong

Maybe people will stop making these ridiculous "we'll horse them 6-0" comments. We're going to have to fight for every point.

Finally, will the players please stop saying stupid things in interviews, like "we could go the whole season unbeaten" as it merely provides ammunition for opposing managers

Rant (not aimed at you, bingo) over

Summed up perfectly there. I could not believe how slow we were in that opening 45. Ayr must have been laughing their heads off.

If our players think they can just show up and win, then today better bring them back down to earth.

ggth
17-09-2016, 07:28 PM

he is our weakest link, offers nowt going forward, in the SPL the opposition ripped him several new A.Holes, he was in the team that got us relegated, gives 110% but only has 50% ability, one footed, too slow, predictable, I could go on and on,
cast your memory back to out last decent player David Murphy, that is the kind of LB we need ASAP

mjhibby
17-09-2016, 07:49 PM

The sending off changed the game. Initial reaction was it was extremely harsh and the fact the ref rushed the card out showed he was inexperienced.Right after the sending off the Ayr player,previously booked took out shinnie and should have been off. Main two concerns are we didn't heed the warning at the corner before they scored. Also we didn't have a plan in case we went down to ten men. In hindsight foster should have been brought on and left Graham up front. We definetely would have prevented the second goal if foster was on. Marciano didn't look fit hence the reason he never chased the ball. A very frustrating day all round but one I'm not too disheartened by. Big game at Palmerston

FitbaFolkKen
17-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Zzzzzzzzz

Let's be honest his distribution was terrible today, can't be faulted for effort etc... But come on.

FitbaFolkKen
17-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I love wee Lewy but he has two modes. Run ten yards and pass inside, or run thirty yards and balloon a cross over everyone's head.

Unfortunately on the money!

Jdawg
17-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Any chance of getting to the f'in byeline? Against Morton, 3 goals from getting there and cutting Back
That was a last season performance. First half was diabolical, no pace or urgency.

Stevenson, had the chance, 25m, of room to boom down the line and either took a touch (giving the defence enough time to set themselves) or cut back and passed (the buck).

High-On-Hibs
17-09-2016, 08:10 PM
The red card was frustrating but not the reason we lost. We were very pedestrian throughout that game. We lacked any real sense of urgency and were pissing about with the ball too much, instead of making the easier passes that would have caused the opposition more damage. Too much tiptoeing around their box with the ball waiting to lose it, instead of shooting, making the killer pass or players getting into the appropriate positions to cause problems. It's a common theme that has let us down so many times in the past. We need to be far more critical than this if we're going to take this league.

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Any chance of getting to the f'in byeline? Against Morton, 3 goals from getting there and cutting Back
That was a last season performance. First half was diabolical, no pace or urgency.

Stevenson, had the chance, 25m, of room to boom down the line and either took a touch (giving the defence enough time to set themselves) or cut back and passed (the buck).1 goal against Morton was from getting to the byeline.

Hi Heid Yin
17-09-2016, 08:20 PM
I can't help but admire and respect Lewis Stevenson's effort and commitment.
He generally does okay at this level, where his restrictive game is not always challenged or found out, but we will require and demand a lot more from our LB when we return to The SPL.

JohnM1875
17-09-2016, 08:25 PM
The red card was frustrating but not the reason we lost. We were very pedestrian throughout that game. We lacked any real sense of urgency and were pissing about with the ball too much, instead of making the easier passes that would have caused the opposition more damage. Too much tiptoeing around their box with the ball waiting to lose it, instead of shooting, making the killer pass or players getting into the appropriate positions to cause problems. It's a common theme that has let us down so many times in the past. We need to be far more critical than this if we're going to take this league.Come on. The red was 100% the reason we lost!! I agree up until then we lacked urgency and weren't setting the heather alight. But, up until then they had barely been in our half! The red card gave them confidence to be more adventurous. If Bartley wasn't sent off we'd have won 1-0.

Hibby Bairn
17-09-2016, 08:25 PM
I can't help but admire and respect Lewis Stevenson's effort and commitment.
He generally does okay at this level, where his restrictive game is not always challenged or found out, but we will require and demand a lot more from our LB when we return to The SPL.

You make The SPL sound like La Liga. It's equally full of average pish.

greenlex
17-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Despite all those things we were still comfortable and would likely have won had Bartley not dived in and got sent off. He isn't solely to blame but he is a big reason.

A challenge he didn't need to make. I actually think if he had gone down he would ha e got a foul.

Hi Heid Yin
17-09-2016, 08:40 PM
You make The SPL sound like La Liga. It's equally full of average pish.

Lol. I take your point - I fogot all about Hearts being up there.

The_Exile
17-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Dinnae really care what he says to the press, the simple fact is he'll use today as a motivator and I'm sure something along the lines of, "if you're not up to the job, there's the ****ing door" would've been mentioned before they were let away today. I'm glad it was Ayr and not a rival for promotion that done us today. I'm not panicking...........yet!!

Enough said
18-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Zzzzzzzzz

Matty I assume you don't know much about the game??? It's spot on LS has so much time and space on the ball , but rarely does much with. Your comments with zzzzzzz must mean you disagree which really is alarming!!!

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Thought maybe Ergey's Instant Karma thread got merged into this one but nobody told me...

edwards
18-09-2016, 07:21 PM

Really he has had ten years practise and I can't remember one of his crosses finding any of our players yesterday. I know he is a big favourite on this site but his service to our forwards is dire, don't get me wrong he isn't a bad defender but as we don't play with wide men we rely heavily on our full backs to provide quality crosses into the box.
Lewis's crosses either didn't get past their first defender or ended up behind the goals or going out for a throw in to the opposition. Don't get me wrong Lewis wasn't the only player below par yesterday first time I have seen Marciano ??? and he didn't fill me with confidence.I expected more fromShinnie after his spell down south. I know Lennon is a big fan of Bartley but the big man doesn't have the skill to take players on and create opportunities for our forwards Mcgeough does he should have been playing yesterday