PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

17-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Marciano - Been hard to judge him so far as he's never really been troubled but today I thought he was weak at the goals
Hanlon - Not bad
Stevenson - poor crosses today
Gray - caused their left back trouble all game, very dangerous going forward
McGreagor - thought he had an alright game, won everything in the air
McGinn - my MoM, Ayr players were all over him but he did well to fend them off
Fyvie - not bad
Shinnie - for some reason looked afraid to shoot today
Bartley - not seen the sending off incident so unsure whether it was stupid from him or if it was unfair
Holt - one of his better games i thought, holds the ball up well and was unlucky not to score in the 1st half
Cummings - what a hit for the goal!

madhatter
17-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Fyvie was our best player. Constantly looking to get on the ball. McGinn had good spells but disappeared often as well.

Cummings outside his goal was shocking.

Stevenson and Gray were diabolical in attack. Overhit crosses or hit first man every time...

On that performance, Cummings and Shinnie should be dropped.

IrnBru22
17-09-2016, 05:37 PM
On that performance, Cummings Should be dropped.

who's gonna score the goals then?

madhatter
17-09-2016, 05:38 PM
who's gonna score the goals then?

No idea but no-one is impervious to being dropped in a team that has lost.

wookie70
17-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Marciano - 5 - No effort to prevent corner which led to their first goal and conceded 2 from 3 shots on goal
Hanlon - 6 - Involved in their first but reasonable game
Stevenson - 4 - Poor going forward, wasteful with crossing and ripped on a couple of occassions and once for their winner
Gray - 6 - Looked very hungry particularly in the first half but his excellent play was let down by poor crossing
McGreagor - 7 - Very good in the air and rarely troubled on the ground. No idea why he was pushed up front.
McGinn - 6 - Played very well in spells but lost the ball on too many occassions for me
Fyvie - 8 - Excellent from start to finish, never stays still and passing was very good.
Shinnie - 5 - lots of little pieces of skill but didn't seem to be at full pace and no confidence to take a shot
Bartley - 4 - Played pretty well but a stupid tackle cost us the game
Holt - 6 - Played pretty well and was surprised to see him taken off. Should have scored with header in first few minutes
Cummings - 7 - Does what strikers are paid for. Not his best game today and never worked as hard but thought he was decent when he was involved

Lennon - 5 - Not convinced with the subs or the formation. Ultimately Marv let him down but we looked all over the place when down to 10 men and the changes he made didn't work. At least he can point the finger at the shadowing Hibs Kid

lucky
17-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Rocky was poor. He should have prevented the corner and stayed rooted to his line when the play was whipped in for their 1st goal

staunchhibby
17-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Think keeper was more to blame than hanlon for the first.He should not have let it go for the corner.

Hi Heid Yin
18-09-2016, 01:53 AM
Marciano - 5 average (carrying an injury?)
Hanlon - 5 average
Stevenson - 4 Poor
Gray - 6 Some good if only occasional attacking wing play
McGregor -5 average
McGinn - 5 average by his high standards. Where is the fired-up, eye-catching performances he is capable of delivering?
Fyvie - 8 A real work horse, constantly wanting the ball and to be involved
Shinnie - 4 lacked belief and scuffed when he should be blasting
Bartley - 5 average performance and what was he thinking with that tackle right under the refs nose?
Holt - 5 average - lots of huff and puff with no end result
Cummings - 7 where would we be without his goals? and who will chip in when he stops scoring?

Jones28
18-09-2016, 03:57 AM
Marciano - 5 conceded needless corner for their first, completely turns the game.

Grey 7 - caused the Ayr full back problems and was a best threat with crosses
McGregor/Hanlon 5 - both looked solid enough but loose points for conceding that awful 2nd goal
Stevenson 4 - I'm usually a big fan of Lewis but the formation didn't help him today. Crossing was ***** and the 2nd goal came down his side.

Bartley 4 - from my view in the FF upper it was high, off the ground and studs in to the boys leg. ****ing stupid tackle and ultimately think we would have at least seen out the match with 11 on the park.
McGinn 6 - great at times but wasteful at others. How he managed to keep the ball being surround by 3-4 opposing players was unreal.
Fyvie 8 - my MOTM - thought he was making things tick and also put in a real shift defensively. Unlucky with freekick too.
Shinnie 5 - ****ing shoot

Cummings 6 - wonderful goal but guilty of missing at least one really good chance.
Holt 6 - had a great chance in the first minute but other than that can't remember him doing much.

Expecting Rain
18-09-2016, 07:03 AM
Marciano 4
Gray 7
McGregor 6
Hanlon 5
Stevenson 3
Fyvie 6
Bartley 5
Mcginn 7
Shinnie 3
Holt 4
Cummings 3

neil7908
18-09-2016, 07:11 AM
I'm surprised how many folk had Fyvie as man of the match today. He wasn't the worst player on the park for us but I thought he was pretty anonymous. I thought we'd have more than enough to win this game comfortably but Dylan was missed.

Cummings was poor but got him goal. I really worry how we'd manage if he got a bad injury.

danhibees1875
18-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Rocky - 4 this league doesn't ask our keepers to do much, so when called upon he needs to be more alert than today. Hopefully a learning experience.
Gray - 5 posed an attacking threat when goimg forward and defended well enough without any real end product from any of it.
Hanlon - 5 looked solid enough throughout, couldn't tell if it was his man for their 1st.
McGregor - 5 as above.
Stevenson - 4 very poor from Lewis, particular mention for his part in their 2nd unfortunately.
Bartley - 5.5 - I don't agree with playing a cdm usually in these sort of games. But j actually said I was wrong during the game as I thought he was playing really well and on for motm... Then he let the constant fouling on him frustrate him, lost the ball and lunged in recklessly.
Fyvie - 6 got around the pitch well and didn't shy away. Don't remember too many loose passes from him either.
Mcginn - 6.5 - the way he can get out of situations with the ball at his feet is remarkable at times. Marginal MOTM
Shinnie - 5 unlucky early doors with this header, great save by the keeper/maybe thebheader shouldn't have been so down the middle. Afterwards he maybe could have done with some earlier shooting.
Holt - 5 - good chance early doors, at the time I thought the flag was up for offside so I wasn't bothered, but in hindsight, that should be in the net.
Cummings 6 - great strike for the goal.

Overall, a lacklustre performance which got the result it deserved. Hopefully a boot up the arse that we need and it's better to have lost points to Ayr than any challengers. 3 pts against queens please, big game and a real test of our mantel now.

Highland_Hibee
18-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Marciano - Someone mentioned Virtanen in the warm up. That plus the corner concession suggests he was carrying an injury. 2 goals from 3 attempts is not good. 4

Stevenson - Poor going forward today. No end product. McGinn covering him a few times. 4

Gray - Tried going at defenders but final ball lacking. Defensively adequate. 5

Hanlon - Won the battles I saw. Could be a fault for one of the goals? 5

McGregor - Thought he did what he could. 5

McGinn - My choice for MotM. Not near his best performance but tried to drive on. Some good passes that others wasted. 7

Fyvie - Meh. Always on the ball but how much did he do with it? I touched on it in another thread. If you are going to keep shuttling the ball onto your left foot ******ing use it! 6

Shinnie - Didn't look half the player he did on his debut. Expect much more from him. 4

Bartley - I will call it as I saw it from my seat. He was my MotM until the sending off which to me looked harsh. 5

Holt - Should have had a goal, keeper kept him out well. Put himself about. 5

Cummings - He was poor from what I saw but it appears he took his goal well which I missed. I was still waiting in line for food. [emoji35] 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highland_Hibee
18-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Average opinion from ratings given :-

Marciano - 4.5

Stevenson - 3.8
Gray - 6
Hanlon - 5.2
McGregor - 5.5

Bartley - 4.75

McGinn - 6.25
Fyvie - 7
Shinnie - 4.3

Holt - 5.2
Cummings - 5.8

Jones28
18-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Marciano is at the training centre receiving treatment

Highland_Hibee
18-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Marciano is at the training centre receiving treatment

If that's the case then Lennon has to shoulder some of the blame for picking him. He looked slow to react. A big athletic keeper like him should be all over the place. I heard folk mentioning seeing Virtanen warming up at the start too.

MSK
18-09-2016, 09:52 AM
If that's the case then Lennon has to shoulder some of the blame for picking him. He looked slow to react. A big athletic keeper like him should be all over the place. I heard folk mentioning seeing Virtanen warming up at the start too.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe were in the ground early doors and it was Laidlaw and Virtanen who seemed to be doing the regular warming up with Combe, Marciano came out and done a few lesser impact drills but didnt really appear to be involved with the others.

chinaman
18-09-2016, 10:00 AM
So Marciano was a bit rocky then ?

BSEJVT
18-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Marciano 3 Looked unsure throughout, I find it difficult to believe he was that hampered by injury as it didn't effect his kicking at all

Gray 5 Great ball in the first minute that Holt should have scored from, pretty meh thereafter

Stevenson 3 Awful from start to finish, the ease with which he was beat for the cross for the 2nd goal was embarrassing

Hanlon 5 Did okay

McGregor 6.5 my MOTM

McGinn 5 wasted in his current position

Bartley 4 utterly stupid challenge to get sent off for. A terrible footballer in possession of the ball, very effective though in winning it

Fyvie 6 did well until last 15 minutes

Shinnie 3 Awful from start to finish. some woeful attempts at goal

Cummings 3 Would probably have got less but for wonder goal, couldn't do a bloody thing today

Holt 5 Should have buried header in first minute

Subs

Boyle 3 achieved nothing

Graham 3 Likewise

Cant even remember who the 3rd sub was

Lennon 2

Concerning, useless subs and a performance totally lacking in intensity from word go

Coupled with a similar capitulation against QOTS in league cup, any further displays like this would have me really worried.

I thought at the minimum he would have eradicated this falling out of games / failing to start them

Quite what he what thinking with the post Bartley sending off subs I couldn't tell you.

No doubt I will get pelters for the above ratings but having slept on my thoughts, I thought Hibs were bloody awful yesterday and no one will ever convince me that a slow tempo approach is the way to beat a massed defence.

I fully accept that yesterday and the QOTS game were 2 poor performances out of 10 or whatever but we cant afford many more and I am looking for a sign that Lennon is capable of motivating them / changing the game.

I would categorise his approach to date at home as too defensive, we are going to be faced with that all season and he needs to think as to how he is going to overcome it.

We are very predictable and it was noticeable that when the guy embarrassingly skinned Stevenson for their 2nd goal how much space that opened up.

We don't do that

Cat Stanton
18-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Average opinion from ratings given :-

Marciano - 4.5

Stevenson - 3.8
Gray - 6
Hanlon - 5.2
McGregor - 5.5

Bartley - 4.75

McGinn - 6.25
Fyvie - 7
Shinnie - 4.3

Holt - 5.2
Cummings - 5.8

Quiet morning in the highlands then...?

Highland_Hibee
18-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Quiet morning in the highlands then...?

I like math. [emoji851]

Real Emerald
18-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Marciano 3 Looked unsure throughout, I find it difficult to believe he was that hampered by injury as it didn't effect his kicking at all

Gray 5 Great ball in the first minute that Holt should have scored from, pretty meh thereafter

Stevenson 3 Awful from start to finish, the ease with which he was beat for the cross for the 2nd goal was embarrassing

Hanlon 5 Did okay

McGregor 6.5 my MOTM

McGinn 5 wasted in his current position

Bartley 4 utterly stupid challenge to get sent off for. A terrible footballer in possession of the ball, very effective though in winning it

Fyvie 6 did well until last 15 minutes

Shinnie 3 Awful from start to finish. some woeful attempts at goal

Cummings 3 Would probably have got less but for wonder goal, couldn't do a bloody thing today

Holt 5 Should have buried header in first minute

Subs

Boyle 3 achieved nothing

Graham 3 Likewise

Cant even remember who the 3rd sub was

Lennon 2

Concerning, useless subs and a performance totally lacking in intensity from word go

Coupled with a similar capitulation against QOTS in league cup, any further displays like this would have me really worried.

I thought at the minimum he would have eradicated this falling out of games / failing to start them

Quite what he what thinking with the post Bartley sending off subs I couldn't tell you.

No doubt I will get pelters for the above ratings but having slept on my thoughts, I thought Hibs were bloody awful yesterday and no one will ever convince me that a slow tempo approach is the way to beat a massed defence.

I fully accept that yesterday and the QOTS game were 2 poor performances out of 10 or whatever but we cant afford many more and I am looking for a sign that Lennon is capable of motivating them / changing the game.

I would categorise his approach to date at home as too defensive, we are going to be faced with that all season and he needs to think as to how he is going to overcome it.

We are very predictable and it was noticeable that when the guy embarrassingly skinned Stevenson for their 2nd goal how much space that opened up.

We don't do that

I fully agree with everything in your post. :top marks

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Why do people habe to be so extreme?

Bartley didnt do anythinh too reckless, he was unlucky chasing his touch. It was just an unfortunate incident, some refs wouldnt have sent him off, some would.

Highland_Hibee
18-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Why do people habe to be so extreme?

Bartley didnt do anythinh too reckless, he was unlucky chasing his touch. It was just an unfortunate incident, some refs wouldnt have sent him off, some would.

This.

You would think Bartley went in two footed at knee height the way folk have reacted. It was a stupid challenge but it wouldn't always have been a straight red from the way I saw it.

we are hibs
18-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Marciano: poor at the corner for their first -5
gray: thought he was ok - 5
mcgregor: done his job well enough - 6
hanlon: at fault for the first. Should've put it into the west -5
stevenson: awful yesterday. Poor crossing, poor for their 2nd - 4
bartley: one of our best players before he was wrongly sent off - 6
mcginn: usual. Spread the ball about well too - 6
fyvie: poor. - 5
shinnie: woeful performance. Kept turning into trouble - 4
holt: played well. Held it up. - 6
cummings: great goal but not enough - 5

Hibby Bairn
18-09-2016, 11:32 AM
I thought Holt was excellent first half. Movement was brilliant but wasn't seen by those behind him. Worked his arse off.

Hibee Mac
18-09-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm still not convinced by shinnie, he certainly didn't offer much of a threat yesterday.

You know when McGinn turns with the ball and all of a sudden everything seems to open up in front of him for a few seconds? That's what I expect from someone playing in Shinnie's role just behind the strikers but I've still to see him capable of it.

In his favour he does pick up some nice positions in pockets of space which I like but it's what he does with the ball when he gets it that I'm not too impressed with so far. Hopefully it will come with time...

Frogga
18-09-2016, 11:47 AM
I think the 3s and 4s flying around are harsh. The game was decided by a red card. Yes we weren't clinical enough but ultimately we were unlucky and weren't too much worse than the Greenock game when there were 8s and 9s getting dished out.

Real Emerald
18-09-2016, 11:48 AM
I'm still not convinced by shinnie, he certainly didn't offer much of a threat yesterday.

You know when McGinn turns with the ball and all of a sudden everything seems to open up in front of him for a few seconds? That's what I expect from someone playing in Shinnie's role just behind the strikers but I've still to see him capable of it.

In his favour he does pick up some nice positions in pockets of space which I like but it's what he does with the ball when he gets it that I'm not too impressed with so far. Hopefully it will come with time...

I think he's a good player but seems to delay everything just that wee bit too long when a quicker decision would open things up. He had oportunities against St Mirren in his first game to slip the ball through to team mates for what could have led to goals but delayed. I thought he was just trying to impress folk on his debut and gave him the benefit. This seems to be a trait with him however. Hope it doesn't continue.

Jones28
18-09-2016, 11:53 AM
I think the 3s and 4s flying around are harsh. The game was decided by a red card. Yes we weren't clinical enough but ultimately we were unlucky and weren't too much worse than the Greenock game when there were 8s and 9s getting dished out.

It's not the red card that lost us the game, it was the reaction to it and not taking our chances. It's not impossible to see out a game at 10 v 11

Pretty Boy
18-09-2016, 11:53 AM

I get in early most weeks and all 3 keepers always take part in the warm up. Last season it was Oxley, Reguero and Brennan then latterly Logan in place of Reguero.

I'm not sure too much can be read into Virtanen being out there.

Hibee Mac
18-09-2016, 11:57 AM
I think he's a good player but seems to delay everything just that wee bit too long when a quicker decision would open things up. He had oportunities against St Mirren in his first game to slip the ball through to team mates for what could have led to goals but delayed. I thought he was just trying to impress folk on his debut and gave him the benefit. This seems to be a trait with him however. Hope it doesn't continue.

I agree, if he's going to play in that role he needs to be capable of playing with pace to his game an have the ability to make an incisive pass or shoot.

MyJo
18-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Marciano - 6 - Had very little to do for the first hour, after that didn't manage very well with what he was asked to deal with, letting the ball go out for the corner we conceded from was unforgivable.

Stevenson - 6 - Run himself into the ground as always but struggled to beat his man and poor final ball. Caught out of position for second goal.

Hanlon - 7 - Didn't do much wrong

McGregor - 8 - Solid in defence, contender for MOTM for me.

Gray - 7 - Never troubled defensively but was playing most of the game in the opposition half. Cannot rely on him to be a winger as well as a full back.

Bartley - 7 - Broke up the play when Ayr threatened to attack and did really well despite having lumps kicked out of him at every opportunity. Red card was harsh, he had three players surrounding him kicking him while he tried to escape with the ball and lunged for it as a fourth Ayr player was running in to challenge him.

McGinn - 7 - Absolute workhorse in midfield but sitting to far back for my liking, would like to see him get possession and running beyond players a bit further up the park where it can be turned into an attack. Boy is still class though.

Fyvie - 8 - Seemed like everything went through him today, was a bit quiet with a lot of sideways passing in the first half but came to life in the second and drove the team forward.

Shinnie - 5 - Dreadful performance, dilly-dallied on the ball, lots of stray passes, didnt seem to know what to do when we got into the opposition box and looked scared to have a shot on goal, needs to get his finger out.

Holt - 5 - Holds the ball up reasonably well but is dreadful in front of goal for someone who has played at the highest level. Free headers in front of goal and it goes straight to the keeper or wide of the post, hustles and bustles but didn't create very much either and why he is ever anywhere near the touchlines is anyones guess as he has no pace and cant even be bothered to stay onside, choosing instead to sit up the park and wait for the play to come back to where he is rather than tracking back.

Cummings - 7 - Quiet game for him and some suspect crossing & shooting but what a goal, a piece of magic from out of nowhere that deserved to be a matchwinner.

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Marciano ...... 4 ..... He was rarely involved but when he was he failed to do what a keeper is supposed to do IE get in the way of the ball, though from his starting position I don't think he had much chance of keeping Hanlon's header from crossing the byline. As things stand Laidlaw must be pretty disappointed to have been replaced by him on reputation alone given the way he ( Laidlaw ) played when given the chance.

Gray ..... 6 ..... Did as much as he could trying to get forward, but his final ball wasn't the best, certainly not the worst player on the pitch.

Hanlon .... 6 .... Didn't do a lot wrong, but like the rest of the defence found wanting in basic defending at the corner by allowing two players a free run at the ball.

McGregor ... 7 ... Won absolutely every challenge he was involved in, like Hanlon culpable at the corner, otherwise a very good performance IMO

Stevenson .... 4 .... Not for the first time absolutely ineffective in the wingback role. If Lennon is determined to stick with wingbacks as his width in the team he has to at least wonder if Crane would be more effective in that role than Lewis.

Bartley .... 6 .... Until he was sent off he was winning everything in the midfield and would have been at lest a 7 if he had stayed on. We all know his limitations on the ball so why Lennon thinks he needs him on the park against a team with 10 men behind the ball is beyond me.

Fyvie .... 7 .... Worked and worked and tried everything to get the team going, it certainly wasn't his fault we lost this game.

Shinnie ... 5 ... Got himself into some decent positions with good movement, but his shooting was woeful and he was pretty ineffective overall.

McGinn ... 7 ... In spells he was absolutely wonderful, his ability to get through tackles and win 40/60 balls is bloody amazing, but at times his passing lets him down and at others he is so busy beating 3 or 4 guys we lose momentum ... love watching him though.

Holt ... 6 ... Played OK but sorry I'm failing to see exactly what this guy is adding to our attack, I haven't seen him stand out in any game and for a man who has played at the level he has ( and stood out there ) I expect to be impressed by him in games at this level and I simply haven't been, no matter what role he is supposed to be playing up front I don't expect him to be trailing a 21 year old kid by 7 goals already.

Cummings ... 6 .... I don't think his overall play was nearly as bad as some folk are making out, but at the end of the day he is on there to score goals and that is exactly what he has been doing, in all honesty considering the players we have at our disposal Jason Cummings should be able to spend the game with his hands on his hips waiting for the chances to come along, the fact that he's being slated for 'not doing enough' is an indictment of our lack of imagination in the final third.

SUBS .... nobody did anything of note, though I did notice Graham busted a gut when he was on trying to close folk down.

Sir David Gray
18-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Beggars belief that anyone thinks Jason Cummings should be dropped.

It's actually mental.

northstandhibby
18-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Beggars belief that anyone thinks Jason Cummings should be dropped.

It's actually mental.

Got to agree with this. He is a goal machine. Scored a world class top corner 25 yard thereabouts screamer on Sat.

GGTTH

Cat Stanton
18-09-2016, 07:59 PM
I like math. [emoji851]

It's important not to be pedantic. But if I were, I might point out that it's really arithmetic. And even if it weren't, it would be maths (plural) - unless you are an American Highland Hibee, which is surely unlikely.

I'll get my coat etc etc....