PDA

View Full Version : Match day experience

madhatter
17-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Not to place the blame on it totally but I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team.

the feeling today certainly didn't have a Lennon feel to the performance, we barely got in behind or had any shots from inside the box. We didn't really seem to impose our game on to them.

Cummings scored a cracker but I'm sorry he has been woeful for the last 2 games. Apart from that goal he did absolutely nothing. Change in starting line-up coming I think.

BoomtownHibees
17-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Don't think having a kid announcing the team had any impact whatsoever on the performance. Why would it??

madhatter
17-09-2016, 05:27 PM
No idea, ask the team? Maybe they thought they were "skooshing" the league and were just a bit to laid back?

BoomtownHibees
17-09-2016, 05:28 PM
No idea, ask the team? Maybe they thought they were "skooshing" the league and were just a bit to laid back?

It was you that suggested it

madhatter
17-09-2016, 05:29 PM
It was you that suggested it

Yes I was suggesting it as I cannot fathom how inept the performance was barring Fyvie.

BoomtownHibees
17-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Yes I was suggesting it as I cannot fathom how inept the performance was barring Fyvie.

Let's blame the kids then

17-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Not to place the blame on it totally but I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team.

the feeling today certainly didn't have a Lennon feel to the performance, we barely got in behind or had any shots from inside the box. We didn't really seem to impose our game on to them.

Cummings scored a cracker but I'm sorry he has been woeful for the last 2 games. Apart from that goal he did absolutely nothing. Change in starting line-up coming I think.

Sorry but I can't see how a hibs kids day would affect the players tbh

madhatter
17-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Let's blame the kids then

Did I say that, think my implication was that the players did not approach the day professionally and was questioning whether the kids day took focus away from the 3 points...

Never said kids fault

leither17
17-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Won't someone please think of the children

hfc rd
17-09-2016, 05:47 PM
That's the first I've heard that! I really doubt the players can lose a football game because kids are doing the announcing and playing on the pitch at HT.

We lost that game because we looked toothless in the final third and never took our chances. Bartley getting sent off also played a part. Not the Hibs Kids Matchday experience

Nakedmanoncrack
17-09-2016, 05:59 PM

Nothing unfathomable about today - it was a re run of what we've seen repeatedly over past 2 and a bit years.

Pete
17-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Took ages to get served at the kiosk and my pie wasn't fit for human consumption. Burnt at the bottom and the crust was dry as a bone.

Nothing to do with kids but I thought I'd put it in here anyway.

Callum_62
17-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Will someone please think of the children!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerald green
17-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Nothing unfathomable about today - it was a re run of what we've seen repeatedly over past 2 and a bit years.

This hits the nail right on the head.

Zazu62
17-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Why don't they sell pizza slices in the west upper?

WWFTWTG
17-09-2016, 07:10 PM

This

Pete
17-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Why don't they sell pizza slices in the west upper?

Is it because they don't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile? Or maybe the club are trying to encourage kids to go to other areas leaving the WU mainly for adults?

:dunno:

The Captain....
17-09-2016, 07:39 PM
I hate bull**** bingo buzzwords like "match day experience" - but then Im an increasingly grumpy curmudgeon.

I pay to see a football match, with hopefully a raucous atmosphere, some decent attacking play, crunching tackles and a Hibs win. Anything else is froth.

As you were.

Zazu62
17-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Is it because they don't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile? Or maybe the club are trying to encourage kids to go to other areas leaving the WU mainly for adults?

:dunno:

Who knows mate who knows

adhibs
17-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Was cheesy as and crap, hope they dont use the kids on the tannoys again. Did seem to take away a bit of the seriousness about the match.

FitbaFolkKen
17-09-2016, 07:45 PM

What a lot of nonsense, why would the half time and pre match entertainment have any bearing on the performance at all?

madhatter
17-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Was cheesy as and crap, hope they dont use the kids on the tannoys again. Did seem to take away a bit of the seriousness about the match.

That was my point, these kid takeover days should really be kept for friendlies or something. Just can't see many other clubs doing such a thing in an important league match. If I was a pro footballer it wouldn't effect my game but I can't help but think some of the poor performances were down to the general vibe - this was an important league match and it didn't feel like it.

I hope I'm wrong but with a team historically possible of dropping needless points then surely when a winning run is going you keep their match day experience the same - pre-match, warm up, etc. I would much rather that happened as I'd enjoy match day much better.

madhatter
17-09-2016, 07:54 PM
What a lot of nonsense, why would the half time and pre match entertainment have any bearing on the performance at all?

On a team notorious for dropping needless points? Not sure but we lost and let's be honest barely created a chance (25 yard shots with a wall of players in front don't count).

Why do some players want to kiss a lucky coin? Strange things out there...strange indeed. Does the coin have some bearing on them...

I guess we'll never know but what I witnessed today was a very poor performance.

matty_f
17-09-2016, 08:14 PM
I would say that it was 100% not the kids' fault that we lost today.

FitbaFolkKen
17-09-2016, 08:17 PM
On a team notorious for dropping needless points? Not sure but we lost and let's be honest barely created a chance (25 yard shots with a wall of players in front don't count).

Why do some players want to kiss a lucky coin? Strange things out there...strange indeed. Does the coin have some bearing on them...

I guess we'll never know but what I witnessed today was a very poor performance.

Aye it was rubbish, flat for the first half but in control until Bartley got sent off.

But I don't know how the blame can be placed anywhere but with the players. If they let kids distract them then they shouldn't be professionals.

Famous Fiver
17-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Aye right. Ban the kids!!!

What a load of guff.

I said to my son today how great it was to see so many kids there today all decked out in green and white and that we are safe for generations.

Then some loonie comes on here and lays the blame at their door.

I really despair sometimes.

madhatter
17-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Aye it was rubbish, flat for the first half but in control until Bartley got sent off.

But I don't know how the blame can be placed anywhere but with the players. If they let kids distract them then they shouldn't be professionals.

I've made it clear not anybody but players fault but I'm worried at the training tempo we played at. I hope it wasn't complacency or the match day experience stuff but it was horrendously slow and purposeless. I don't know where such a performance came from...

madhatter
17-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Aye right. Ban the kids!!!

What a load of guff.

I said to my son today how great it was to see so many kids there today all decked out in green and white and that we are safe for generations.

Then some loonie comes on here and lays the blame at their door.

I really despair sometimes.

I think you are the loony or someone who cannot comprehend with efficiency...find me one sentence where I blame kids? I was suggesting that the Hibs kids takeover may have contributed to what seemed like a training/friendly vibe to the match which may have affected players performances (unprofessional). Pretty sure that isn't saying ban kids or anything of the sort and certainly not blaming them.

Blaming club and players. Players for not getting wins against opposition of that quality under any and all circumstances. Club also shouldn't organise the Hibs kids takeover during a league match, sorry. Happy for many kids to be there, more the merrier, the matchday takeover thing is something else though.

Think you'll also find we won't be safe for generations if we don't romp this league. Those kids won't stay kitted out if we stagnate in this league. Above all matchday is about winning at this level - people are paying good money to see their team play and win.

I despair sometimes as well, mainly with those that have a touchy temperament that emphasise topics and meanings to suit their own comment/cause. Add in some convincing hand movements and you could give Trump a run for his money!

Sorry to return a comment in kind but I was taught fight fire with fire. You could have raised your point more amicably.

SlickShoes
17-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Thought I'd seen it all on .net but this is a new low, blaming children for a hibs defeat. Mental.

The_Exile
17-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Ffs, I tend to stay well clear of the mental threads but this one's such a topper I thought I'd get in on the action before it's locked :greengrin

madhatter
17-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Thought I'd seen it all on .net but this is a new low, blaming children for a hibs defeat. Mental.

Blaming kids, who did that like?

s.a.m
17-09-2016, 08:57 PM

Me neither. We - and I imagine every other club in the land - often have frivolous things happening before the match and at half-time. Club mascots (:grr:)? Half-time challenges? People proposing to their loved ones? Trying to land a ball into the boot of a car? We also often have children playing at half-time, or showing off trophies that they have won, and we've also had adult 'walking footbal'l. And countless other non-professional football related activities. I can't see the difference, to be honest, and I can't see why it would affect the players any more than Leith Lynx / Sammy the Tammy / Broxy Bear etc...'Entertainment' and community related events have been part of football as long as I've been watching it.

northstandhibby
17-09-2016, 09:00 PM
I think you are the loony or someone who cannot comprehend with efficiency...find me one sentence where I blame kids? I was suggesting that the Hibs kids takeover may have contributed to what seemed like a training/friendly vibe to the match which may have affected players performances (unprofessional). Pretty sure that isn't saying ban kids or anything of the sort and certainly not blaming them.

Blaming club and players. Players for not getting wins against opposition of that quality under any and all circumstances. Club also shouldn't organise the Hibs kids takeover during a league match, sorry. Happy for many kids to be there, more the merrier, the matchday takeover thing is something else though.

Think you'll also find we won't be safe for generations if we don't romp this league. Those kids won't stay kitted out if we stagnate in this league. Above all matchday is about winning at this level - people are paying good money to see their team play and win.

I despair sometimes as well, mainly with those that have a touchy temperament that emphasise topics and meanings to suit their own comment/cause. Add in some convincing hand movements and you could give Trump a run for his money!

Sorry to return a comment in kind but I was taught fight fire with fire. You could have raised your point more amicably.

My good man it was one defeat caused mainly by a pretty needless sending off. Nothing to do with the hibs kids being there. Hopefully just a blip in what has been an excellent start to the season.

Hopefully back to winning ways next week.

:aok:

GGTTH

madhatter
17-09-2016, 09:05 PM
My good man it was one defeat caused mainly by a pretty needless sending off. Nothing to do with the hibs kids being there. Hopefully just a blip in what has been an excellent start to the season.

Hopefully back to winning ways next week.

:aok:

GGTTH

I hope so but I honesty think players let it slip in that game and I thought even before the sending off we were fortunate to be ahead - dominated possession but did nothing with it. Cracker from Cummings removed and it would have been 0-0 come the red.

This was Ayr...

marinello59
17-09-2016, 09:06 PM
I don't who came up with the kids takeover idea and the Hibs kids parade but it was brilliant, one of the best things about the day. The club are getting much better at things like this. Well done to them.
As for the defeat, all down to the manager and players.

Hibby Bairn
17-09-2016, 09:11 PM
The wee lassie on the microphone was brilliant. What a day for these kids.

Pity they couldn't see their team win.

FitbaFolkKen
17-09-2016, 09:34 PM

You said "Not to place the blame on it totally but I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team." therefore blaming the kids, or the events involving the kids.

madhatter
18-09-2016, 12:30 AM
You said "Not to place the blame on it totally but I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team." therefore blaming the kids, or the events involving the kids.

How about just events and the kids are just the consequence of being in the event done today. Pretty clear I stated as you have pasted - Hibs Kids Takeover which was the name of event. Did I, once again, say anything like "get rid of these bleeding kids", "we should ban the lot of them", "that wee lassie at half time placed a curse on us and unless we get a harp tattooed on our rear ends we will lose every game" or any other hyperbolic equivalent that seemed to be attributed to my post?

Save everyone time, I didn't. I said Hibs Kids Takeover may have contributed to the already relaxed temperament resembling a friendly match. Any other event could have done/do the same depending on the players attitude. Red card seemed to wake up the players but like years gone by that wasn't the time to push like we did, we should have maintained our shape but instead we stretched the game for them. Why not stretch it when we had 11 men, casual approach to game, sloppy slow passes that's why. Why might that be? Your guess is as good as mine and my guess was complacency and getting absorbed with the feeling from stands. I'll get someone jump on that as "blaming the fans" as well I suppose...

J-C
18-09-2016, 12:38 AM
Great for all the kids but TBH far too many in the east, it was like a kindergarten there, I don't swear a lot at games but I will when the team is playing as badly as today, I've been going to the east for nigh on 42 years and it's been an adult orientated stand where one could let rip with a few expletives when necessary. I did so today and got looked at by some woman who never sits there with here 2 kids, if looks could kill, I just said this is the east get used to it.

Glory Lurker
18-09-2016, 12:40 AM
I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

FitbaFolkKen
18-09-2016, 12:56 AM
How about just events and the kids are just the consequence of being in the event done today. Pretty clear I stated as you have pasted - Hibs Kids Takeover which was the name of event. Did I, once again, say anything like "get rid of these bleeding kids", "we should ban the lot of them", "that wee lassie at half time placed a curse on us and unless we get a harp tattooed on our rear ends we will lose every game" or any other hyperbolic equivalent that seemed to be attributed to my post?

Save everyone time, I didn't. I said Hibs Kids Takeover may have contributed to the already relaxed temperament resembling a friendly match. Any other event could have done/do the same depending on the players attitude. Red card seemed to wake up the players but like years gone by that wasn't the time to push like we did, we should have maintained our shape but instead we stretched the game for them. Why not stretch it when we had 11 men, casual approach to game, sloppy slow passes that's why. Why might that be? Your guess is as good as mine and my guess was complacency and getting absorbed with the feeling from stands. I'll get someone jump on that as "blaming the fans" as well I suppose...

I don't know what you are arguing about here. In your opening post you said "I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team."

Is it really that hard to see why people think you are blaming the performance on the event involving the kids? You never said "may have contributed" you said that you thought it did. I simply said that I thought that was nonsense.

Yes any event could impact but they are professional sportsmen and I don't think anything of that nature has any impact whatsoever.

Tattooing harps on hibs kids may get us in trouble though.

BobMilne
18-09-2016, 12:59 AM
You've been listening to simple minds or something. Please stop thinking! The club trying to encourage the next generation of fans to games via hibs kids has got nothing to do with the rubbish performance today.

That was my point, these kid takeover days should really be kept for friendlies or something. Just can't see many other clubs doing such a thing in an important league match. If I was a pro footballer it wouldn't effect my game but I can't help but think some of the poor performances were down to the general vibe - this was an important league match and it didn't feel like it.

I hope I'm wrong but with a team historically possible of dropping needless points then surely when a winning run is going you keep their match day experience the same - pre-match, warm up, etc. I would much rather that happened as I'd enjoy match day much better.

BobMilne
18-09-2016, 01:10 AM
How old were you nigh on 42 years ago?

Great for all the kids but TBH far too many in the east, it was like a kindergarten there, I don't swear a lot at games but I will when the team is playing as badly as today, I've been going to the east for nigh on 42 years and it's been an adult orientated stand where one could let rip with a few expletives when necessary. I did so today and got looked at by some woman who never sits there with here 2 kids, if looks could kill, I just said this is the east get used to it.

Ozyhibby
18-09-2016, 06:56 AM
I thought the Hibs Kids takeover yesterday was excellent and had zero to do with yesterday's performance.
It's not like we have not seen the team play like that before. We have seen it far to often over the last 2 seasons and the were no kids takeovers on those days. We have a midfield that is scared to run into the box and wing backs who can't cross. Top that off with what looks like another dodgy goalie and I think that may be where our problems lay yesterday rather than kids reading out the teams.

J-C
18-09-2016, 07:37 AM
How old were you nigh on 42 years ago?

Well my age shows on my posts as 57, so that would make me 15, not a kid but a teenager.

Nothing against the kids day yesterday but just far too many in a stand generally accepted as being very much more adult based, the family section as we all know is in the Famous 5 stand.

madhatter
18-09-2016, 08:59 AM
I don't know what you are arguing about here. In your opening post you said "I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team."

Is it really that hard to see why people think you are blaming the performance on the event involving the kids? You never said "may have contributed" you said that you thought it did. I simply said that I thought that was nonsense.

Yes any event could impact but they are professional sportsmen and I don't think anything of that nature has any impact whatsoever.

Tattooing harps on hibs kids may get us in trouble though.

I'm sorry but from most of the comments posted here, many of them have glazed over the clear link I made to the event and just went straight to me supposedly blaming the sheer presence of kids for the result. I can understand those that see and disagree with the takeover event contributing to a relaxed/friendly vibe to an important league match which then affected players hence my original statement but I don't understand why people chose to just read my post as "get rid of kids" and "it's all their fault" as that is Trump style interpretation.

Players should be able to win regardless but hopefully my rather clear point of them not being on the ball on the same day as the Hibs kids takeover may show a bit of complacency. players looked convinced they would win so just didn't apply themselves properly. As I have said, we expanded the game at 1-0 when we went down to 10 men. It was as if we woke from a slumber then lost a goal and became a bit of a shambles.

Match day experience is all about 3 points really and at Hibs we can't ensure that will be delivered every week against what should be classed as lower opposition. Kids will enjoy the game much more if their team wins. Winning is a nice feeling and one we need to become a habit especially when the kids get older and have the troublesome debate of forking out hard earned money to see Hibs or to buy a new TV to watch English football. Winning is everything in this business, unfortunately.

marinello59
18-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Well my age shows on my posts as 57, so that would make me 15, not a kid but a teenager.

Nothing against the kids day yesterday but just far too many in a stand generally accepted as being very much more adult based, the family section as we all know is in the Famous 5 stand.

The whole ground is a family friendly now and so it should be. An adult based stand? Dearie me.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-09-2016, 11:12 AM
To be honest there was a very relaxed, positive atmosphere around ER yesterday, let's be honest everyone turned up (many with kids in tow) expecting a comfortable win by a few goals. The players similarly looked relaxed and lacking urgency & unlike other games (QoS in cup for example) I wouldn't say you could see the sucker punch coming, even with 10 men. The 'Hibs Kids Takeover' did contribute to the vibe so despite the ridicule the OP has a bit of a point, but the rest of us turning up overconfident & assuming it was only a matter of time til the floodgates opened were more responsible. However, the players & management must take all responsibility for both their own complacency, and if effected by any one else's.

RedHibby
18-09-2016, 11:15 AM
The only people to blame are the Team.....end off.

FranckSuzy
18-09-2016, 11:27 AM

This will be my fault, and everyone else who has donated towards Kicks for Kids season tickets :agree: :tee hee:

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2016, 11:36 AM
"We'd have gotten away with three points if it wasn't for those pesky kids."

I'm struggling to think of when I've read more ludicrous nonsense than I have on this thread.

If I were a Kickback administrator, I'd consider a sticky for this.

West lower
18-09-2016, 12:06 PM
I hate bull**** bingo buzzwords like "match day experience" - but then Im an increasingly grumpy curmudgeon.

I pay to see a football match, with hopefully a raucous atmosphere, some decent attacking play, crunching tackles and a Hibs win. Anything else is froth.

As you were.

Summed up perfectly.

madhatter
18-09-2016, 12:10 PM

I'm struggling to think of when I've read more ludicrous nonsense than I have on this thread.

If I were a Kickback administrator, I'd consider a sticky for this.

Who you pretending to quote there?

SaulGoodman
18-09-2016, 12:10 PM

Christ almighty

madhatter
18-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Any scooby doo villain take your pick

That's meddling kids, no? Villains made no mention of the pesky ones.

Killiehibbie
18-09-2016, 12:21 PM

Cummings scored a cracker but I'm sorry he has been woeful for the last 2 games. Apart from that goal he did absolutely nothing. Change in starting line-up coming I think.I blame the sunshine making it feel like a summer pre season friendly or maybe the fact that it was the second home game I was able to attend and we've lost both.

Lago
18-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Won't someone please think of the children
Phone child line.

oconnors_strip
18-09-2016, 12:54 PM
I've made it clear not anybody but players fault but I'm worried at the training tempo we played at. I hope it wasn't complacency or the match day experience stuff but it was horrendously slow and purposeless. I don't know where such a performance came from...

Here's an idea for you..... Tweet/Facebook some of the players and ask if the hibs kids effected their normal match day routine and game.

These kids are the fans of the future and sadly have to get used to seeing hibs lose sometimes, no doubt their parents/relatives/friends will tell them chin up and get them along again. Match day experience isn't just about winning, it's also the taking part as many of us were told when we were brought up

madhatter
18-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Here's an idea for you..... Tweet/Facebook some of the players and ask if the hibs kids effected their normal match day routine and game.

These kids are the fans of the future and sadly have to get used to seeing hibs lose sometimes, no doubt their parents/relatives/friends will tell them chin up and get them along again. Match day experience isn't just about winning, it's also the taking part as many of us were told when we were brought up

Great way to start your post, go with a personal perspective immediately. Like any players would admit they were off the ball because of the overconfident, relaxed atmosphere compounded by Hibs Kids takeover.

You were brought up to spend £350+ to watch a team lose and were told "it is the taking part that counts"? Remember you were in the stands, not the coach or the players so I'm not sure what the "taking part" is on about? Taking part in buying pies and chanting? You are right about getting used to watching Hibs lose sometimes but losing against Ayr should not be something we as a whole should get used to.

s.a.m
18-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Great way to start your post, go with a personal perspective immediately. Like any players would admit they were off the ball because of the overconfident, relaxed atmosphere compounded by Hibs Kids takeover.

You were brought up to spend £350+ to watch a team lose and were told "it is the taking part that counts"? Remember you were in the stands, not the coach or the players so I'm not sure what the "taking part" is on about? Taking part in buying pies and chanting? You are right about getting used to watching Hibs lose sometimes but losing against Ayr should not be something we as a whole should get used to.

While I can see the point you're trying to make, I'm struggling to see how yesterday's pre-match and half-time was so different to any other game, or any less professional:dunno:. The crowd mood / atmosphere is more relaxed then normal because we've generally been winning, we've won the cup, and people are feeling fairly positive, but the club input to the 'matchday experience' is usually fairly light-hearted . And there are often children's games or presentations at half-time, along with all the other stuff that isn't first team related that goes on before the game and at the break. I'd be surprised if the team are remotely aware of or interested in the various events that are taking place round about them: they warm up, they go inside, they go out and play, by which time it has stopped.

Keith_M
18-09-2016, 01:25 PM

:agree:

Keith_M
18-09-2016, 01:27 PM
I blame this guy...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Dickdastardly.gif

Pretty Boy
18-09-2016, 01:33 PM
I don't understand why the players pre match routine would have been any different this week from a usual week just because it was a Hibs Kids game?

I just can't see how a couple of kids doing the announcements and a group of kids walking down the touchline 20 minutes pre game would have any impact on a players routine or psyche.

J-C
18-09-2016, 01:35 PM
The whole ground is a family friendly now and so it should be. An adult based stand? Dearie me.

This will be my fault, and everyone else who has donated towards Kicks for Kids season tickets :agree: :tee hee:

I don't mind kids at games, jeez I was one myself, there seemed to be a whole load of a fairly young age in the east and the east was always seen as more adult based fans, just my view point as there is always a lot of course language in that stand, I personally wouldn't take really young kids in there, preferring to go to Famous 5 in the family section.
I just felt I was on edge having to hold in my p and q's in case it upset anyone.

As for kids having any influence on the game, what total nonsense, if anything it should make the players even more determined to win just for them.

The Green Goblin
18-09-2016, 01:40 PM

Surely it makes more sense to fight fire with water???

Ozyhibby
18-09-2016, 03:13 PM
We've been ***** since before most of these kids were born so it's a bit off to try and blame them.

madhatter
18-09-2016, 03:21 PM
We've been ***** since before most of these kids were born so it's a bit off to try and blame them.

Didn't blame the kids...jeez

J-C
18-09-2016, 03:23 PM

Didn't blame the kids...jeez

Aye you did.

Santa Cruz
18-09-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm not taking my daughter again, if it wasn't for her and the rest of them we'd be top of the league now

percy veer
18-09-2016, 03:46 PM

Is is this your first year watching hibs. We have always had this type of performance in us every year I've been watching, most clubs have them it's called a bad day at the office. Me personally I blame the hibs open day 1994 for this kids ban the lot of them

Keith_M
18-09-2016, 04:35 PM
In what year was Hibs Kids founded?

I'd say Hibs started to go downhill in the late 70s, so if Hibs Kids was founded at that time, then we finally have the reason.

:wink:

The Green Goblin
18-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Kidds out. Auld goats only at ER from now on.

lord bunberry
18-09-2016, 05:50 PM
I've heard some great excuses for a bad performance, but this ones an absolute belter:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
18-09-2016, 05:52 PM
If it was the kid's fault it's nothing a good skud on the back of the head from a friendly copper won't cure. Think I read that in the Sunday post.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
18-09-2016, 06:06 PM

:tee hee:

marinello59
18-09-2016, 06:15 PM
I blame the sunshine making it feel like a summer pre season friendly or maybe the fact that it was the second home game I was able to attend and we've lost both.

No way, don't blame it on the sunshine. And while I'm at don't blame it on the moonlight or good times either . It was the boogie to blame. The boogie.

Jonnyboy
18-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Nothing to do with it being a Hibs Kids day but I felt the atmosphere was pretty flat throughout

McD
18-09-2016, 07:13 PM

If you were a pro footballer - so, having said the players may have been affected by the kids takeover, you then go on to say "if I was a pro footballer it wouldn't affect my game". This smacks of jealousy at not being a pro footballer and playing the 'I coulda been a contender' card.

Your last sentence - I wonder if this is the crux of the matter, that you just didn't like the event.

don't the Ayr fans pay exactly the same money to see their team play and win?

madhatter
18-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Aye you did.

Where?

madhatter
18-09-2016, 07:19 PM
I've heard some great excuses for a bad performance, but this ones an absolute belter:rolleyes:

Never even tried to pass it as an excuse...

Saturday Boy
18-09-2016, 07:24 PM
No way, don't blame it on the sunshine. And while I'm at don't blame it on the moonlight or good times either . It was the boogie to blame. The boogie.

1st sensible post in this thread :wink:

McD
18-09-2016, 07:25 PM

:faf: :top marks

The missus is now giving me a dirty look for s******ing whilst she's watching telly :greengrin

madhatter
18-09-2016, 07:25 PM
If you were a pro footballer - so, having said the players may have been affected by the kids takeover, you then go on to say "if I was a pro footballer it wouldn't affect my game". This smacks of jealousy at not being a pro footballer and playing the 'I coulda been a contender' card.

Your last sentence - I wonder if this is the crux of the matter, that you just didn't like the event.

don't the Ayr fans pay exactly the same money to see their team play and win?

Jealousy in not being a pro footballer, maybe I am like most people, not of Hibs players though, more of Wayne Rooney being pretty useless and getting paid 300k a week.

No jealousy and TBH I enjoyed seeing the wee girl happy and enjoying reading off the half time pieces so as I've said I had nothing against it but thought it wrong to have it during a league match whilst atmosphere was already "we are skooshing this".

As for Ayr fans, I assume they do but I couldn't care less what they pay for. It's a bit like thanking away support and applauding them, absolutely bizarre thing to do and I hope we never see that again. i support one club and that isn't Ayr so why should I even consider them?

PatHead
18-09-2016, 08:44 PM
I don't mind kids at games, jeez I was one myself, there seemed to be a whole load of a fairly young age in the east and the east was always seen as more adult based fans, just my view point as there is always a lot of course language in that stand, I personally wouldn't take really young kids in there, preferring to go to Famous 5 in the family section.
I just felt I was on edge having to hold in my p and q's in case it upset anyone.

As for kids having any influence on the game, what total nonsense, if anything it should make the players even more determined to win just for them.

Think someone posted there were only a few tickets left in the FF. Doubt they would all have fitted in there.

J-C
18-09-2016, 09:21 PM

Where?

Here.

madhatter
18-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Here.

Nice use of bold there but sorry that doesn't say "kids are to blame". Good try though.

You notice that comma in the prose you highlighted and understand it's purpose, right? You can't just bold a series of text across punctuation leaving out massive parts of it to suit your purpose. If we all did that we could create an interesting story from nothing...may as well take one word from each sentence and see what we end up with

J-C
18-09-2016, 09:58 PM
Nice use of bold there but sorry that doesn't say "kids are to blame". Good try though.

You notice that comma in the prose you highlighted and understand it's purpose, right? You can't just bold a series of text across punctuation leaving out massive parts of it to suit your purpose. If we all did that we could create an interesting story from nothing...may as well take one word from each sentence and see what we end up with

But you did say the focus and professionalism was effected because of the kids day, so you're blaming the kids for the team being unprofessional.

madhatter
18-09-2016, 10:24 PM
But you did say the focus and professionalism was effected because of the kids day, so you're blaming the kids for the team being unprofessional.

That is a giant leap from Hibs Kids Takeover having an affect on players to kids are to blame for players performance...Takeover was an event, did have kids in the title right enough and did involve kids but TBH I never at any point single out any kid or kids for criticism. Event could have been called the Hibs Mutants Takeover and I would have criticised it, doesn't mean I was blaming Professor X or his crew for Hibs losing. The event was my point but clearly very hard to grasp, people saw kids and ran with it. Political careers for everyone!

It's times like these I remember why Daily Records still manage to sell their papers...let's forget about what is actually written or said and create an over the top equivalent! Kids are to blame!

Salt N Sauzee
18-09-2016, 10:29 PM
This thread is absolutely mental. You've just got to love Hibs.net sometimes!

Itsnoteasy
18-09-2016, 10:31 PM
I blame this guy...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Dickdastardly.gif

Thought it was the pigeons fault

FitbaFolkKen
19-09-2016, 01:12 AM
That is a giant leap from Hibs Kids Takeover having an affect on players to kids are to blame for players performance...Takeover was an event, did have kids in the title right enough and did involve kids but TBH I never at any point single out any kid or kids for criticism. Event could have been called the Hibs Mutants Takeover and I would have criticised it, doesn't mean I was blaming Professor X or his crew for Hibs losing. The event was my point but clearly very hard to grasp, people saw kids and ran with it. Political careers for everyone!

It's times like these I remember why Daily Records still manage to sell their papers...let's forget about what is actually written or said and create an over the top equivalent! Kids are to blame!

All very well correcting others grammar and quotations, but you don't seem to understand the implications from the first sentence of your post. You can't just type one thing and expect others to read something different.

"Not to place the blame on it totally but I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team.".

How can anyone read that any other way than implying the team under performed partially because of the Hibs Kids takeover? There was nothing else in the OP to reference events in general etc... Just the suggestion of dropping Cummings which I would be surprised with as he is 8 goals in 6 games I think.

Keith_M
19-09-2016, 05:16 AM
http://www.dadsbigplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/you-pesky-kids.jpg

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2016, 06:33 AM

I think that depends on the type of fire - that's why there's different coloured fire extinguishers.

Mr White
19-09-2016, 06:37 AM
I think that depends on the type of fire - that's why there's different coloured fire extinguishers.

Which coloured extinguisher contains more fire? :greengrin

The Green Goblin
19-09-2016, 06:37 AM

True enough, but I'm confident none of the extinguishers spit out fire to fight fires... :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2016, 07:34 AM
True enough, but I'm confident none of the extinguishers spit out fire to fight fires... :wink:

Which coloured extinguisher contains more fire? :greengrin

Aye very good. :hilarious

madhatter
19-09-2016, 11:19 AM
All very well correcting others grammar and quotations, but you don't seem to understand the implications from the first sentence of your post. You can't just type one thing and expect others to read something different.

"Not to place the blame on it totally but I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team.".

How can anyone read that any other way than implying the team under performed partially because of the Hibs Kids takeover? There was nothing else in the OP to reference events in general etc... Just the suggestion of dropping Cummings which I would be surprised with as he is 8 goals in 6 games I think.

The point you make is valid "Hibs Kids Takeover" was my point but you've wrongly attributed that to the vast majority of responses I've recieved which were just about "kids" being banned and the like. If we are being fair their is no reference to that in my OP.

I made specific reference to an event so I'm struggling to see why I need to then back that up with events in general...

Most people are just having a laugh now but it is worrying that most responses I've had show a lack of understanding of commas and parentheses or a will to create a meaning for something that wasn't there.

J-C
19-09-2016, 12:07 PM

The point you make is valid "Hibs Kids Takeover" was my point but you've wrongly attributed that to the vast majority of responses I've recieved which were just about "kids" being banned and the like. If we are being fair their is no reference to that in my OP.

I made specific reference to an event so I'm struggling to see why I need to then back that up with events in general...

Most people are just having a laugh now but it is worrying that most responses I've had show a lack of understanding of commas and parentheses or a will to create a meaning for something that wasn't there.

Ok I've highlighted it properly and it's clear you feel the Hibs Kids day effected the focus and professionalism of the team on saturday, what a lot of posters are saying is that in no way did a Hibs Kids day have any effect on the team and the way they played, they just simply had a poor game, if anything having the kids there should've made them more focused to get a result for them.

madhatter
19-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Ok I've highlighted it properly and it's clear you feel the Hibs Kids day effected the focus and professionalism of the team on saturday, what a lot of posters are saying is that in no way did a Hibs Kids day have any effect on the team and the way they played, they just simply had a poor game, if anything having the kids there should've made them more focused to get a result for them.

No, a lot of posters are saying that I suggested "ban the pesky kids" or such like. Most have dropped the "Hibs" and "takeover" and just run with "kids". So you and a lot of posters are saying that in no way did the Hibs Kids Takeover have any effect on the team but you have gone on to say that "if anything having the kids there should've made them more focused to get a result for them". Bit hypocritical that statement. Would've had no bearing but if it did I know for a fact it would swing my way only, could only have had a positive impact on performance...

Sorry it's getting a bit laughable...