PDA

View Full Version : What Was The Official Attendance Given As?

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Have to improve for some of them to come back.

hibee_girl
17-09-2016, 04:10 PM

Callum7
17-09-2016, 04:10 PM

Nameless
17-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Is that higher than the Morton game?

tamig
17-09-2016, 04:15 PM

Yes think that was 14508

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Seems like we have around 1,000-1,500 who have ST's or buy match tickets, but don't show up at the game.

Strange.

Nameless
17-09-2016, 04:19 PM
That is hugely impressive. I know a fair few of them today are free hibs kids tickets, but our crowds are a tangible illustration of the potential of a successful hibs side.

houstonhibbee
17-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Seems like we have around 1,000-1,500 who have ST's or buy match tickets, but don't show up at the game.

Strange.
why do you think its strange

seems perfectly reasonable that not every season ticket holder can make every game for a whole host of reasons

its not like its the same people every game and not all will live in Edinburgh either

StevieT
17-09-2016, 04:22 PM

Strange.

I'm on my honeymoon so that is two of us not there today

hibee_girl
17-09-2016, 04:22 PM

Strange.

It's an Edinburgh holiday weekend so folk might be away

offshorehibby
17-09-2016, 04:28 PM

Strange.

And I'm Offshore

hibby6270
17-09-2016, 04:29 PM

Strange.

2x ST holders here who couldn't go today. We're 4K+ miles away in Vancouver, so for obvious reasons, couldn't make it to ER. Would have gladly been there in the sun. It's absolutely p1shing down here!!

Did watch on Hibs TV though. The game was very much the same as a lot of home games last season. Dominate. Plenty shots on goal. Caught by a couple of easy sucker punches, assisted by a dubious red card for Bartley.

Will we ever learn?

PatHead
17-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Only seen us at home twice this season but have a season ticket

percy veer
17-09-2016, 04:52 PM

Strange.

Not it strange I bought 2 for my son and daughter too young for every game but a 25 pound a pop can't turn it down , must be some other people in the same boat

Nakedmanoncrack
17-09-2016, 04:59 PM
A magnificent turn out, hopefully not too many will give up after today's disappointment, be good to think they'll stay with us on what is going to be another very challenging season despite the overconfidence of some.

iwasthere1972
17-09-2016, 05:26 PM
My brother is a season ticket holder and hasn't attended any matches yet.

The Harp
17-09-2016, 05:30 PM
It's an Edinburgh holiday weekend so folk might be away

Exactly. Quite a few fans around me in the FF are away on holiday and some just off for the weekend. It's always going to happen at this time of year. Still a great attendance

Col2
17-09-2016, 05:42 PM
So our average attendance is 15347 for first three home games.

Fantastic!

Fifehibby74
17-09-2016, 06:02 PM
So our average attendance is 15347 for first three home games.

Fantastic!

Must be worth at least an extra £200k to the club?

erin go bragh
17-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Don't know why we don't count seasons whether their there or not . Seats been paid for .

Sir David Gray
17-09-2016, 06:48 PM
We need to ensure that today was a one off, any more repeats and we can kiss goodbye to attendances like that.

Magnificent once again by the fans, shame the players didn't do their bit.

Famous Fiver
17-09-2016, 08:04 PM
To widen the topic a bit, of the 400,000, only 5000 or so ,including Saints fans, could make it to Perth today. 397,000 or so posted missing.

Anybody know what the score was?

Carheenlea
17-09-2016, 08:18 PM
To widen the topic a bit, of the 400,000, only 5000 or so ,including Saints fans, could make it to Perth today. 397,000 or so posted missing.

Anybody know what the score was?

I don't get too hung up about Hearts or what crowds they get, but what we have is both Edinburgh clubs pulling in circa 15,000 every week to Easter Road and Tynecastle. 30,000 regularly supporting in the capital has to be positive for the Scottish game.

CropleyWasGod
17-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Don't know why we don't count seasons whether their there or not . Seats been paid for .
...but they're not part of the attendance....they didn't attend.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
18-09-2016, 08:00 AM
...but they're not part of the attendance....they didn't attend.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

:agree:

Hibs announce the Attendance, not the Ttickets Sold.

Most other clubs (e.g. Hearts) appear to announce the latter and call it Attendance, which isn't logical.

Maybe they should start doing both, then we'll know how many couldn't be bothered turning up

:duck:

Itsnoteasy
18-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Must be worth at least an extra £200k to the club?

And they never had 2 grand in the budget for the persevered billboard on FF!

majorhibs
18-09-2016, 09:47 PM
And I'm Offshore

Few in that boat, or career wise, working +\_ 50% of the time but backing the club. No everybody is looking at it from the same perspective.

jodjam
18-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Few in that boat, or career wise, working +\_ 50% of the time but backing the club. No everybody is looking at it from the same perspective.

Bought 3 season tickets and 2 of us still haven't been to a home league game yet due to working away

emerald green
18-09-2016, 10:07 PM
We need to ensure that today was a one off, any more repeats and we can kiss goodbye to attendances like that.

Magnificent once again by the fans, shame the players didn't do their bit.

Spot on. I know folk attended yesterday who would not have attended a fixture like that over the last couple of seasons. They left feeling disappointed and badly let down (like most/all of us). Results like yesterday are potentially very damaging as far as maintaining excellent attendances is concerned.

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Not criticising people who buy ST's and don't attend all the games, nor am I failing to understand the phenomenon. I've been in that position many times myself, where despite living and working abroad, I've decided that the best way to support the club is to buy an ST and let somebody else use it in my absence.

What I was expressing surprise at is that the numbers are so high: between 10-20% of ST holders in games so far. Naive on my part, I suppose, to assume that in this day and age, where more people are compelled/have the opportunity to live/work away, that the numbers would be smaller.

I certainly wasn't trying to imply that you were all part-time supporters and not 'real' Hibs fans in comparison to me, this is obviously the basic fact of the matter and hardly needs restated here.

monktonharp
18-09-2016, 10:20 PM

Magnificent once again by the fans, shame the players didn't do their bit.you sadden me. anymore repeats? it's Hibs, and we do get disappointed. we are by far the best footballing side in the championship and had a bad,sillly day. hit the post, which really should have been in, and had one shortly after that should have went in. gutted to lose, after a couple of really silly events but thems the breaks

Saturday Boy
18-09-2016, 10:22 PM
Not criticising people who buy ST's and don't attend all the games, nor am I failing to understand the phenomenon. I've been in that position many times myself, where despite living and working abroad, I've decided that the best way to support the club is to buy an ST and let somebody else use it in my absence.

What I was expressing surprise at is that the numbers are so high: between 10-20% of ST holders in games so far. Naive on my part, I suppose, to assume that in this day and age, where more people are compelled/have the opportunity to live/work away, that the numbers would be smaller.

I certainly wasn't trying to imply that you were all part-time supporters and not 'real' Hibs fans in comparison to me, this is obviously the basic fact of the matter and hardly needs restated here.

Superb post DBS. The Internet forum equivalent of the slow delivery that picks up pace and turns back inside the bat :aok:

Sir David Gray
18-09-2016, 11:19 PM
you sadden me. anymore repeats? it's Hibs, and we do get disappointed. we are by far the best footballing side in the championship and had a bad,sillly day. hit the post, which really should have been in, and had one shortly after that should have went in. gutted to lose, after a couple of really silly events but thems the breaks

I'll still be there but the extra fans we have picked up on the back of the cup win will begin to dwindle away if we lose too many games like we did on Saturday.

Losing to Ayr Utd is hardly likely to entice people to come along to games, if they are in any doubt whatsoever.

Hopefully Saturday was just a blip.

fife hfc
19-09-2016, 09:23 AM
I know at lest three season ticket holders who did not attend onSaturday for work, illness and holiday reasons.

Smartie
19-09-2016, 09:37 AM
I had something else on on Saturday so couldn't attend but I've also found it strange how many empty seats we do have.

I think we have a good few who acknowledged the significance of the cup win and stumped up for a season ticket knowing they were't going to make many of the games as a statement of support which is to be applauded.

But over the past few games I must admit I've raised an eyebrow whenever the attendance has been announced as to me we haven't looked anything like as full as has been announced. In my defence, I sit in the East (which is practically full) and look out over the emptier stands.

NAE NOOKIE
19-09-2016, 09:41 AM
I'll still be there but the extra fans we have picked up on the back of the cup win will begin to dwindle away if we lose too many games like we did on Saturday.

Losing to Ayr Utd is hardly likely to entice people to come along to games, if they are in any doubt whatsoever.

Hopefully Saturday was just a blip.

One of the things that makes supporting Hibs a more interesting experience than following the likes of Celtic is that when you turn up at the ground on a Saturday you aren't guaranteed a walkover in 19 out of 20 games like they are. Saturday's result shouldn't just be a wake up call to the team, but the fans as well. Even in the comparatively short time since we were last relegated teams have become a lot more savvy, yes we will dominate most games but as QOTS showed in the league cup and Ayr Utd showed at the weekend, if you give any team in this league a smell of blood they will take their opportunities.

If any fan is seriously going to be put off going coz they aren't guaranteed to watch Hibs steamroller everybody they cant have been much of a supporter over the last few decades ... anybody who has been even a casual supporter knows that's not the Hibs way.

BlackSheep
19-09-2016, 10:12 AM
I can understand that the best way to support the team can be buying a ST even if you cannot attend, but its quite frustrating when like myself, I am sitting next to a few empty seats so far this year... I have friend who wanted to get a ST next to myself and my other mate but there are no ST available near us so he couldn't... yet every home game so far the seats next to us are free.....

It would surely make more sense to buy a ST in the areas that are not as popular if there is no intention to come to the games and let other fans have the opportunity to sit with friends and family.

That said, good on those who support the club financially this way... every little helps.

Lancs Harp
19-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Was a shocking turn out by the seagulls on saturday, where were they? Part time b******s.

mim
19-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Was a shocking turn out by the seagulls on saturday, where were they? Part time b******s.

That's a very good point. I hadn't thought about it 'til you mentioned it, but where the f were they?

Whatever we've done to get rid of them, long may it continue :agree:

iwasthere1972
19-09-2016, 09:57 PM

I heard that even they're fed up with the crap food on offer and find the pie crusts far too hard.

majorhibs
19-09-2016, 10:02 PM
That's a very good point. I hadn't thought about it 'til you mentioned it, but where the f were they?

Whatever we've done to get rid of them, long may it continue :agree:

Timing, same as last few seasons, & the fact that after theyve spent their summer undisturbed, suddenly theres a lot of pesky fitba fans every few days, time for other digs! They move in in summer & move out soon after. What sort of a seagull watcher are you?

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Superb post DBS. The Internet forum equivalent of the slow delivery that picks up pace and turns back inside the bat :aok:

Precisely. Damn them all. Damn them all to hell.

Sir David Gray
19-09-2016, 10:58 PM
One of the things that makes supporting Hibs a more interesting experience than following the likes of Celtic is that when you turn up at the ground on a Saturday you aren't guaranteed a walkover in 19 out of 20 games like they are. Saturday's result shouldn't just be a wake up call to the team, but the fans as well. Even in the comparatively short time since we were last relegated teams have become a lot more savvy, yes we will dominate most games but as QOTS showed in the league cup and Ayr Utd showed at the weekend, if you give any team in this league a smell of blood they will take their opportunities.

If any fan is seriously going to be put off going coz they aren't guaranteed to watch Hibs steamroller everybody they cant have been much of a supporter over the last few decades ... anybody who has been even a casual supporter knows that's not the Hibs way.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that but I feel that my point still stands which is that we will not continue to get 15,000 people inside Easter Road, if we have too many more repeats of Saturday's result, which was my whole point.

crash
20-09-2016, 04:47 AM

Not only higher,but looking back through the archive, Saturdays attendance is an all time record for ANY Hibs v Ayr match.

mim
20-09-2016, 08:40 AM
What sort of a seagull watcher are you?

:greengrin :na na:

Phil MaGlass
20-09-2016, 09:29 AM
I can understand that the best way to support the team can be buying a ST even if you cannot attend, but its quite frustrating when like myself, I am sitting next to a few empty seats so far this year... I have friend who wanted to get a ST next to myself and my other mate but there are no ST available near us so he couldn't... yet every home game so far the seats next to us are free.....

It would surely make more sense to buy a ST in the areas that are not as popular if there is no intention to come to the games and let other fans have the opportunity to sit with friends and family.

That said, good on those who support the club financially this way... every little helps.

Maybe you could write down the seat numbers, send them to Hibs let them know, maybe the club could contact the holders and ask if the seats could then be resold for games?

Steve20
20-09-2016, 09:35 AM
you sadden me. anymore repeats? it's Hibs, and we do get disappointed. we are by far the best footballing side in the championship and had a bad,sillly day. hit the post, which really should have been in, and had one shortly after that should have went in. gutted to lose, after a couple of really silly events but thems the breaks

That's not true based on this season so far. We probably have the best squad of players, but QOTS have been better than us.

offshorehibby
20-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Maybe you could write down the seat numbers, send them to Hibs let them know, maybe the club could contact the holders and ask if the seats could then be resold for games?

I emailed Hibs prior to the Dunfermline game to let them know i would not be attending and my, bang in the middle of the East was up for grabs, no reply.

percy veer
20-09-2016, 10:22 AM
I emailed Hibs prior to the Dunfermline game to let them know i would not be attending and my, bang in the middle of the East was up for grabs, no reply.

too much hassel for hibs was not sold out so why bother with needless admin

jgl07
20-09-2016, 11:07 AM
too much hassel for hibs was not sold out so why bother with needless admin
Exactly.

Until Hibs start selling out the home sections on a regular basis there is no point.

If that was happening then maybe it would be time to take over half of the South Stand or to fill in the corners.

The idea of a ticket exchange has some merits and might be considered after the above approaches have been used and demand was still high.

Season ticket holders unable to attend a particular would put their seat on the exchange. It would then be added to the planner. If the seat was repurchased, the season ticket holder would have 1/19th of their season ticket price knocked off their renewal for the next season.

KeithTheHibby
20-09-2016, 12:44 PM
That's not true based on this season so far. We probably have the best squad of players, but QOTS have been better than us.

QOTS are ***** and will be nowhere near the top come the end of the season. Total flash in the pan.

We will beat them on Saturday no problem.

Jones28
20-09-2016, 02:34 PM
QOTS are ***** and will be nowhere near the top come the end of the season. Total flash in the pan.

We will beat them on Saturday no problem.

Love that confidence 👍👍

Oscar T Grouch
20-09-2016, 02:43 PM
And they never had 2 grand in the budget for the persevered billboard on FF!

I think the club promised to spend the ticket money and Share money on the playing side. Prefer it that way myself

cmcd
20-09-2016, 03:40 PM
I think the club promised to spend the ticket money and Share money on the playing side. Prefer it that way myself

Why would Fans not come back after one defeat . Strange ??