PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibernian 1-2 Ayr United (Cummings)

Pages : 1 [2]

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-09-2016, 04:55 PM
I knew we'd lose sometime this season, but didn't expect it to be at home to Ayr United. 😟 Much tougher games coming up against better teams than the one we played today. Hopefully just a wee blip and Lennon gives them a rocket up the jacksie.

B.H.F.C
17-09-2016, 04:57 PM
We've won 5 lost 1, how does that statement even make sense?? :confused:

Losing a single game against garbage like that is bad enough. It was Ayr Utd. That performance was unacceptable today. We didn't react well to losing a goal, much like the QOTS game at ER.

Sas_The_Hibby
17-09-2016, 05:01 PM
The occasional set back may happen but we'll still skoosh this league. We were in total control of that game.

Oh well thank goodness we were in control of the game. No problems then.

California-Hibs
17-09-2016, 05:01 PM
Losing a single game against garbage like that is bad enough. It was Ayr Utd. That performance was unacceptable today. We didn't react well to losing a goal, much like the QOTS game at ER.

Very true, but the fact still stands at 5 wins 1 loss from the opening 6. We'd all have gladly taken that before the season began. I too thought our first loss would be against someone like United/QOTS away, but as disappointing as today is it really doesn't bother me in the grand scheme of the season as I'm convinced we'll win it comfortably. Time will tell and if i'm wrong i'm wrong, but again, I'm very confident I won't be. Lennon is install far more consistency than the QOTS's, United, and Falkirk will.

Hibby Bairn
17-09-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure what to think other than results like this will dampen the enthusiasm, the feel good factor will quickly disappear if we don't get back to winning.

Thats two home games we've lost now, and i still put these results down to our width or lack of it. When teams sit in, we do need better than the options we currently have, and have needed since being in this league.
There was plenty width supplied by Gray and Stevenson. The supply from width was the issue. Tempo and pace were the problem. Never got beyond a defender 1v1 and taking too many touches in and around the box.

Horrible performance and horrible style of play imo.

California-Hibs
17-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Oh well thank goodness we were in control of the game. No problems then.

You're missing the point. Was it a terrible performance from Hibs today? No, no it wasn't. Now it wasn't a fantastic performance by any means but our keeper never had a save to make and there was only one team in it till the sending off. I'd be more concerned today if Ayr United played us off the park. They didn't. We received a red card and were then hit on the counter a few times. It happens. Report back to me in May and we'll pick this back up. :aok:

Sas_The_Hibby
17-09-2016, 05:04 PM
These things happen, a result from nowhere no concern here.

Yes because it's not like we've ever dominated games before without taking our chances and gone on to lose in the last two and a bit seasons.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2016, 05:07 PM
There was plenty width supplied by Gray and Stevenson. The supply from width was the issue. Tempo and pace were the problem. Never got beyond a defender 1v1 and taking too many touches in and around the box.

Horrible performance and horrible style of play imo.

Tempo is a problem of course, but when you have two players who are not the best at delivery, when they eventually do get the ball out to them, they are delivering the ball if at all from deeper.

Good wide midfielders have more ability to go past players and pick the right ball in, our two who are asked to provide from wide are full backs, and neither are a John Brownlie.

B.H.F.C
17-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Very true, but the fact still stands at 5 wins 1 loss from the opening 6. We'd all have gladly taken that before the season began. I too thought our first loss would be against someone like United/QOTS away, but as disappointing as today is it really doesn't bother me in the grand scheme of the season as I'm convinced we'll win it comfortably. Time will tell and if i'm wrong i'm wrong, but again, I'm very confident I won't be. Lennon is install far more consistency than the QOTS's, United, and Falkirk will.

We've lost half our games at ER. It's quite sad that a loss at home to Ayr doesn't bother some.

I still think we will win the league but losing at home to Ayr, who hardly crossed the halfway line, should never be acceptable.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2016, 05:13 PM
We've lost half our games at ER. It's quite sad that a loss at home to Ayr doesn't bother some.

I still think we will win the league but losing at home to Ayr, who hardly crossed the halfway line, should never be acceptable.

:agree:
Every year we get told not to worry, it will all be fine in the end when we skoosh this league. Perhaps we should start worrying and worrying now.

Not sure what difference it will make mind you, but telling folk not to worry has just not worked in the past?

Real Emerald
17-09-2016, 05:14 PM
You're missing the point. Was it a terrible performance from Hibs today? No, no it wasn't. Now it wasn't a fantastic performance by any means but our keeper never had a save to make and there was only one team in it till the sending off. I'd be more concerned today if Ayr United played us off the park. They didn't. We received a red card and were then hit on the counter a few times. It happens. Report back to me in May and we'll pick this back up. :aok:

This is the trouble though, we keep coming un-stuck against teams that are never in the game and our keeper doesn't have a save to make and we keep blowing promotion by not winning enough of these games. Our keeper was called into real action three times today. He let the ball go out for a corner that looked like he could have stopped, didn't deal with the corner and he also let the ball go under him for the other goal. Maybe can't blame him but that's what he had to deal with. The lazy slow play with no width and a lack of driving into the box, coupled with bad finnishing also cost us. But that is exactly the things that stopped us being promoted in the last two seasons.

To me that is a bad performance as we have again thrown away three valuable points in our battle to get out of this league. Theye are important points.

DaveF
17-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Tempo is a problem of course, but when you have two players who are not the best at delivery, when they eventually do get the ball out to them, they are delivering the ball if at all from deeper.

Good wide midfielders have more ability to go past players and pick the right ball in, our two who are asked to provide from wide are full backs, and neither are a John Brownlie.

While both full backs can deliver a good ball, there was precious little today which wasn't floaty or ballooned into orbit. And it wasn't just them, as I recall Cummings and Fyvie putting in crosses like they had their boots on the wrong way round.

17-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Huge wake up call for us today and will maybe make people wake up a bit. Too much talk of how we will "skoosh" the league etc. Hopefully today is just a blip but its taught us that theres no room for complacancy.

Thought we totally dominated but the sending off changed the game and sloppiness at the back (goalie didn't look too clever at all) cost us.

Booked4Being-Ugly
Today was a warning that we wont 'skoosh' this league - far from it.

We really need to roll our sleeves up and get f'n stuck in about the opposition. I though this would have been the mentality that NL would have brought to Hibs but that today was one of the most inept performances i've seen at ER for some time (League cup game aside which was on a par).

We are in a dogfight again and the sooner we play with that mentality the sooner we'll get out of this *****ty league.

Sas_The_Hibby

Having 14 shots to their 3, with 63% possession and losing 2-1? Yes it was a terrible performance. I'm fed up with saying this almost every week but our finishing is just woeful and our crossing today was abject. We had no pace and no imagination. The red card would have made no difference if we had been 3-0 up by then, as we should have been. "Our keeper never had a save to make" - are you serious? He lost two goals but "didn't have a save to make". I think you mean "he didn't make a save".

hfc rd
17-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Huge wake up call for us today and will maybe make people wake up a bit. Too much talk of how we will "skoosh" the league etc. Hopefully today is just a blip but its taught us that theres no room for complacancy.

Thought we totally dominated but the sending off changed the game and sloppiness at the back (goalie didn't look too clever at all) cost us.

Totally agree with this.

Mon Dieu4
17-09-2016, 05:47 PM
I still don't think for a minute it was a straight red, Bartley had his foot firmly planTed on the ground for me, that changed the game

hfc rd
17-09-2016, 05:49 PM
The Ayr Utd player got straight back up and looked fine. I personally felt the red was harsh and obviously changed the game.

The Spaceman
17-09-2016, 05:49 PM
On the flip side we were one result away from the largest winning streak start to a season in our clubs history, albeit at Scottish Championship level. Still a great start but a small reality check that we cannot afford to get complacent.

emerald green
17-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Do today's under noted match stats ring any bells with anyone?

Possession H63 / AU37
Shots H14 AU3
Shots on target H8 AU3
Corners H5 AU4

Ayr United have 3 attempts on goal all game and score twice! So familiar with what happened far too many times over the last two seasons.

Hibs still do not take enough of the chances they create. Holt simply must score with that header in the first few minutes for example. If they had done so today they would probably have held on to win with 10 men, but who knows with Hibs? I'm not sure what Hibs tactics were supposed to be after Bartley was sent off TBH. Maybe someone could explain that?

But wait! Hibs are going to"skoosh" this league. What a load of arrogant and disrespectful nonsense. Teams like AU don't have as good a stadium as Hibs, or our excellent training facilities, or our fanbase. But if anyone thinks teams are simply going to roll over and lose because they are playing Hibs then they are living in la la land.

So long as Hibs continue to commit the equivalent of footballing suicide they will not be "skooshing" anything. They simply heaped loads of pressure on themselves today prior to what will probably be their 3 most difficult fixtures coming up next against QOS, Dundee Utd & Raith Rovers.

Yes Hibs have won 5 out of 6 league matches. That's great. But to be honest they have not looked all that impressive in some of these matches IMHO.

Stand bye. :tin hat:

Stevie Reid
17-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Every year we get told not to worry, it will all be fine in the end when we skoosh this league

Were folk really saying that when Rangers and Hearts were in the league?

17-09-2016, 05:54 PM

This. Loosing to Ayr United at home is not acceptable. Not saying we have a God given right to beat anyone but we should be beating teams like that and beating them well.

We dominated the game which is all well and good but it means bugger all if you don't convert the chances. Sloppy at the back for the Ayr goals but if we had taken our chances that wouldn't have mattered.

Big big wake up call today. We can't afford to think that we only have to show up in these games.

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Q.o.s had 4 shots on target against us in the league cup...and scored with 3 of them, either Q.o.s and Ayr ******* united have prolific scorers or our defence is not as good as we think they are, i thought the home defeat to Q.o.s was a sore one but to lose at home to Ayr ffs

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Falkirk now 3-1 up against the Arabs, 2 goals in as many minutes

LaMotta
17-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Your post simply implied that those who thought we'd SKOOSH it were wrong.

It's early days and a red card never helps anyone. Hibs will still win the league no problem.

Its not my post implying it its todays result!

Your posts imply that anyone who thinks the league will be a tough challenge are wrong!

You could be wrong i could be wrong but i hope you are right.

Ronniekirk
17-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Was at the Kinks musical Thoroughly entertained
Didnt know score , came out and met my son One look at his face told me we hadnt won
Said earlier in the week after today we had some togh games coming up and we wont have been tested till we get beat and see how we do the next game
Didnt expect to loose this one, but bring on the next game when we simply have to bounce back and win
But hey its Hibs nothing surprises me

Zazu62
17-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Falkirk now 3-1 up against the Arabs, 2 goals in as many minutes

Always liked that hippolyte as a player always looks dangerous

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Were folk really saying that when Rangers and Hearts were in the league?

No i exaggerated, but we get told everything will be fine after every defeat, it rarely is and has not been fine now for a number of seasons.

I'm not surprised folk are worried this early in the season, especially if we keep seeing the same mistakes from the same players under ANOTHER manager playing players in formations they are just not that comfortable with.

coldingham hibs
17-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Thought we were very poor today, after about 15 mins I thought McGeouch & Boyle should have been on, Bartley should never play in games that we should be winning easily as he doesn't have the ability to create anything. Total lack of pace up front and out wide, in my opinion today was a day for cross field balls in behind the full backs but all we did was tippy tappy in front of their back 9.

I genuinely thought that Lennon would be the man to suss out teams that just sit in especially from his days at Celtic. A big question mark still for me against his appointment. Hopefully a blip but with 3 tough games coming up it'll defo be hard going.

Stevie Reid
17-09-2016, 06:42 PM
No i exaggerated, but we get told everything will be fine after every defeat, it rarely is and has not been fine now for a number of seasons.

I'm not surprised folk are worried this early in the season, especially if we keep seeing the same mistakes from the same players under ANOTHER manager playing players in formations they are just not that comfortable with.

Fair enough. I would find it easier to write off today if it weren't for the QOS league cup game, but I'm still not overly concerned - I had hoped that performances/results like today were largely behind us though.

A look at the current table actually comforts me, a five point gap between the top two and the rest is decent - that said, if we go four points behind next week, then I will be less relaxed.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Bartley was motm for me before his red which I thought the ref was too quick to hand out.
Shinnie had a lot of the ball and done nothing with it bar one long range shot.
McGinn was very good again.
Two centre halves won everything but both goals were sloppy, not sure if it was their fault or not.
Love both Gray and Stevenson but considering they two are our width, they were both terrible going forward, Stevenson especially.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Fair enough. I would find it easier to write off today if it weren't for the QOS league cup game, but I'm still not overly concerned - I had hoped that performances/results like today were largely behind us though.

A look at the current table actually comforts me, a five point gap between the top two and the rest is decent - that said, if we go four points behind next week, then I will be less relaxed.

Meltdown if that happens, still think over the course of the season we should win this league, but nowhere near as confident.

A win next week would be great, and keep the feel good factor going plus ensure a big crowd for the Dundee Utd game. :pray:

NAE NOOKIE
17-09-2016, 06:51 PM
We dominated possession, but the vast majority of that was in front of 9 or 10 players defending the Ayr box. After about half an hour where for the umpteenth time Lewis had played the ball back they way or sideways when he only had one man in front of him I was saying to my mate we would be as well sticking John McGinn out on the left wing. When Gray and Stevenson did get into crossing positions the final ball was more often than not bloody woeful.

I didn't see Bartley's challenge for the sending off because there was an Ayr player in the way of my view. I didn't actually think he had a bad game up until then, but the question is, as others have asked, why do we need a defensive midfield player who cant shoot or pick out a decent through ball when we are at home to a team who are clearly going to have 10 men behind the ball and when we have a player who is as good going forward as anybody in the team on the bench?

I don't think you can point the finger at anybody and say they were bloody awful, but as a team performance it was ponderous at times and lacking in imagination in the final 3rd. We simply cant afford to be losing games like this one its as simple as that, in this season of all seasons its unacceptable and I for one don't want to be sitting in May going "it was that result against Ayr United what done for us"

Heisenberg
17-09-2016, 06:52 PM
McGeough has to return next week. We need to be much better as Queens have been the best team in the league so far. Dobbie is scoring for fun.

Ronniekirk
17-09-2016, 07:01 PM
McGeough has to return next week. We need to be much better as Queens have been the best team in the league so far. Dobbie is scoring for fun.

May be wrong but dont think he will play full game on a plastic pitch

emerald green
17-09-2016, 07:04 PM

9 goals in 8 games for the veteran Dobbie, including 2 more goals today. Denied a hat trick when a late shot hit the post.

Heisenberg
17-09-2016, 07:39 PM
9 goals in 8 games for the veteran Dobbie, including 2 more goals today. Denied a hat trick when a late shot hit the post.

Not sure our defence will be able to stop him if they play like they did today. Not solid at all.

1875M
17-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Poor result without question, losing at home to Ayr United is completely ridiculous. However if you had said to me at the start of the season we would have won 5 out of our 6 games, scoring 12 in the process I would have been quite happy. Need a positive result against QoS next weekend.

emerald green
17-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Not sure our defence will be able to stop him if they play like they did today. Not solid at all.

:agree: Hibs will need to be MUCH better, all over the pitch, next week. Hibs were very disappointing today and had nobody but themselves to blame for this defeat. Three points chucked away.

Renfrew_Hibby
17-09-2016, 07:53 PM
I know it's a long old season and all that but lose next week and there's a 4pt gap with QoS having a very winnable run of fixtures after us. Need to get something next week.

brog
17-09-2016, 08:01 PM
It's funny, a couple of weeks back I said our results this season were roughly comparable to the equivalent games last season & I was in a minority of 1! One defeat later & I'm in the majority. Many posters on here bemoaned the use of the diamond & lack of pace & width under AS, now they're realising it's probably worse under NL! We started by playing 3 centre backs at home against Pars & only won the game when Fontaine went off injured. Now we're playing with 2 holding midfielders at home against Ayr. As I think Fyvie will be an automatic starter it means Bartley really can't play in these games. With Holt/Graham as our attack focal point we've actually lost pace. I think NL is an excellent man manager but I've always thought him a tactically conservative manager. People forget we lost 1 home game all last season, we've lost 3 already this season. The good news is I expect us to be much stronger away this season & hopefully NL will quickly adapt to what is required at home.

Edson Arantes
17-09-2016, 08:50 PM
QOTS will beat us next week because we are now on the usual down-turn and they will be more confident on the back of this.

Very sad that NL did not see what formation to put out today. We should have taken Ayr apart.

Sadly, the best news today was the result in Perth.

tamig
17-09-2016, 09:04 PM
QOTS will beat us next week because we are now on the usual down-turn and they will be more confident on the back of this.

Very sad that NL did not see what formation to put out today. We should have taken Ayr apart.

Jeez, away and lie down.

Edson Arantes
17-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Jeez, away and lie down.

I am lying down. It's great.

trev the hat
17-09-2016, 09:18 PM

Kinell 😳
That's the spirit 😩

hfc rd
17-09-2016, 09:29 PM

And will we lose the week after against Dundee United? Then the next league game against Raith Rovers?

AlbertK86
17-09-2016, 09:38 PM
QOTS will beat us next week because we are now on the usual down-turn and they will be more confident on the back of this. Very sad that NL did not see what formation to put out today. We should have taken Ayr apart. Sadly, the best news today was the result in Perth.

Do you actually support Hibs !!

Heisenberg
17-09-2016, 09:48 PM

I'm convinced you love it when we lose.

northstandhibby
17-09-2016, 09:52 PM

We've won five out of the last six and we were one nil up until a needless sending off changed the ebb and flow of the game today and you are loudly saying we will now lose in Dumfries next week.

I don't get it.

GGTTH

Jim44
17-09-2016, 10:48 PM
I've said on another thread that the measure of our title chances depends on how we bounce back from our first league defeat ( I honestly didn't think it woukd be against Ayr United - shocking result, despite the sending off ) so next week will be a major indicator of how things might pan out. The guy 'Arantes' is, understandably, taking a lot of stick here for his negativity and I hink and hope that he is wrong. The one thing I would say is that a defeat from QoS next week will put the skooshing nonsense to bed once and for all. I wonder what Ian Murray is thinkng tonight.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-09-2016, 11:08 PM
I've said on another thread that the measure of our title chances depends on how we bounce back from our first league defeat ( I honestly didn't think it woukd be against Ayr United - shocking result, despite the sending off ) so next week will be a major indicator of how things might pan out. The guy 'Arantes' is, understandably, taking a lot of stick here for his negativity and I hink and hope that he is wrong. The one thing I would say is that a defeat from QoS next week will put the skooshing nonsense to bed once and for all. I wonder what Ian Murray is thinkng tonight.The biggest obstacle to Hibs winning this league is complacency, as shown today. If we are serious about winning this league we will beat QOTS next week.

19AYR10
18-09-2016, 12:28 AM
Can't really make out the red card tackle on aufctv highlights. Our second goal was a peach though. Four passes from the back, a roasting, a cross and bang. Back of the net.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyCaKVLkG-4

matty_f
18-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Can't really make out the red card tackle on aufctv highlights. Our second goal was a peach though. Four passes from the back, a roasting, a cross and bang. Back of the net.

Didn't think it was a red at the game initially, watching it again I still don't. Cummings' goal was the pick of the bunch.

Auckland Hibs
18-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Watched the highlights - we looked to be in full control for 80% of the match, some decent saves from their keeper and a few dodgy misses cost us the game (sound familiar?!)

Thought the keeper was a fault for the first - should have prevented the corner and was missing front post from the corner.

Second was a shocker from Lewis, how much of a head start did he have to prevent the cross?!

Top class finish from Cummings, no keeper is stopping that.

Massive game next week, we need to start taking our chances & closing out games early.

Hi Heid Yin
18-09-2016, 01:35 AM
We lost this game through collective sloppiness, poor decision-making, general complacency,and an all-too-familiar failure to convert chances created into goals.
Yes, we were a man down, but many a team playing with 10 men has knuckled down and played out of their skin to obtain a positive result.
I like to think that Neil Lennon has read them the riot act behind closed doors.:grr:

Pete
18-09-2016, 02:45 AM
Watched the highlights - we looked to be in full control for 80% of the match, some decent saves from their keeper and a few dodgy misses cost us the game (sound familiar?!)

It depends what you (and so many others who say something similar) mean by familiar.

This season we have come up against some stuffy pish in the league , dominated the games, missed a few chances yet we have dispatched them all. That's what I'm familiar with.

I'm afraid that we're going to have to accept that this is a volatile, unpredictable sport and not everything is going to go out way even though we are the stronger team.

Harking back to a different managerial regime and the games under it doesn't serve any purpose unless you want to try and attatch negative traits to this team. I firmly believe we would have grinded out that result today or even opened the floodgates had Bartley stayed on and people wouldn't have been complaining about our familiar three points we earned by hook or crook.

Pete
18-09-2016, 03:08 AM

It looks like you were given the freedom of the ground for your "wonder goal" but that's what can happen when you're playing against ten men. Space is created, opposition players have to work harder and you can take advantage of it.

Don't like putting the boot into teams and their fans who are up against a glory hunting old-firm culture but you'd have left with nothing had it not been for the sending off. In the first half especially your main tactics were to try and pack the defence and to boot and bully our creative players (understandable given the gulf in resources) which in the main didn't really work.

We had one too many players having an off day but that won't happen again. ;-)

P.s. You're lucky to have Gary Harkins. Quality player.

Pete
18-09-2016, 03:13 AM
Didn't think it was a red at the game initially, watching it again I still don't.

As the boy says it's hard to tell but looking at his boot and the way it's off the ground I can understand why he walked. The ref had absolutely no doubts and he had a perfect view.

Maybe Bartleys apology gave another indication.

Gatecrasher
18-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Looking at those highlights we need to work on our shooting, so many chances wasted, shots with very little power behind them or straight at the keeper.

J-C
18-09-2016, 08:00 AM
It looks like you were given the freedom of the ground for your "wonder goal" but that's what can happen when you're playing against ten men. Space is created, opposition players have to work harder and you can take advantage of it.

Don't like putting the boot into teams and their fans who are up against a glory hunting old-firm culture but you'd have left with nothing had it not been for the sending off. In the first half especially your main tactics were to try and pack the defence and to boot and bully our creative players (understandable given the gulf in resources) which in the main didn't really work.

We had one too many players having an off day but that won't happen again. ;-)

P.s. You're lucky to have Gary Harkins. Quality player.

Is that a wind up Pete, he was just awful yesterday, vastly overweight like Cairney, couldn't jump and unable to keep hold of the ball at anytime during the game, couldn't figure out how someoe so poor was able to make it as a pro footballer.

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Didn't think it was a red at the game initially, watching it again I still don't. Cummings' goal was the pick of the bunch.

That camera angle's the same as how you'd have saw it at the game - from the other side you can see exactly why it was a red IMO.

I'm not sure why we applaud someone that gets himself sent off either?

AlbertK86
18-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Can't really make out the red card tackle on aufctv highlights. Our second goal was a peach though. Four passes from the back, a roasting, a cross and bang. Back of the net. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyCaKVLkG-4

Hard to tell from that whether it was a red card or not.

However we should have won the game well before this.

Weak finishing and very poor defending at both goals.

Yes the keeper could've stopped it going for a corner but looked like he pulled up slightly.

Maybe tweaked something due to lack of involvement!!!

However I'm not blaming him for the actual goal. We were set up zonal and his starting position was well away from the front post.

There were 4 Hibs players around the scorer and the boy won it got he got a running jump at I against half hearted jumps by all the defenders around him!

We need to back the goalie. Let's not turn on him like many did with Oxley.

As for the second goal the keeper had no chance.

The boy totally outstripped Lewis who had 5 yards on him as he knocked the ball past hm. Very very poor display from him yesterday.

gaz1875
18-09-2016, 09:59 AM
That camera angle's the same as how you'd have saw it at the game - from the other side you can see exactly why it was a red IMO.

I'm not sure why we applaud someone that gets himself sent off either?

I thought it was a straight red at the game, but having seen it again and paused the screen, I think he was very unlucky, his foot wasn't raised, he made contact but a straight red?

rcarter1
18-09-2016, 10:33 AM
The guy who crossed for the winner, worth a look for Xmas shop window? If nothing else, thats the kind of play Id like our chaps to pull out the bag more often.

Real Emerald
18-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Looking at those highlights we need to work on our shooting, so many chances wasted, shots with very little power behind them or straight at the keeper.

And how many times have we said that over the past few years? The chances we miss are just criminal, this is what these guys are paid for, not the utter powder puff half hit chances. I'm raging this morning to the point my weekend has been spoilt by the pish performance yesterday. Lose next week and we're in trouble again. Why play with 2 DM players against a team that parks the bus and as for our new goalkeeper, just don't go there. :fuming:

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2016, 11:41 AM

I was directly behind the incident where Hanlon headed back to the keeper, from his starting position Rocky had no chance of getting to the ball before it crossed the line, though whether his starting position should have been different is open to debate. The defending at the corner was terrible, there were two Ayr Utd players with a free run at the ball, which is poor from any corner.

Those highlights show just how many chances we had to score and didn't take, Shinnie in particular had an age to turn and get a proper shot on goal, but even then he gave the keeper far too much time to get set before he did shoot. From the replay I think Bartley's red card was harsh, his tackle wasn't two footed and his foot wasn't particularly high either, I'm pretty sure 50% of refs would have given a yellow for that.

Edson Arantes
18-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Do you actually support Hibs !!

100%

I still think QOTS will beat us though.

I try to be a realist and not think with my heart. If I did that I would have us winning every week!

GGTTH :flag:

J-C
18-09-2016, 01:45 PM
100%

I still think QOTS will beat us though.

I try to be a realist and not think with my heart. If I did that I would have us winning every week!

GGTTH :flag:

Thank god you're in the very small minority with that wonderful attitude :confused:

Edson Arantes
18-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Thank god you're in the very small minority with that wonderful attitude :confused:

Being a realist versus a fantasist is less painful, I can assure you!

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Being a realist versus a fantasist is less painful, I can assure you!

The day Hibs winning at Queen of the South comes under the heading of fantasy I'll give up the fitba all together mate :rolleyes:

Thecat23
18-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Watched the highlights there. Hibs looked fine and red card and keeper cost us. 11 men on the park Hibs were not losing! Was expecting Ayr to have battered us the way some on here were flapping yesterday!

Bad day at the office move on to the next game.

Edson Arantes
18-09-2016, 03:28 PM
The day Hibs winning at Queen of the South comes under the heading of fantasy I'll give up the fitba all together mate :rolleyes:

I accept that!

Fantasy is maybe a wee bit strong in this scenario :aok:

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Watched the highlights there. Hibs looked fine and red card and keeper cost us. 11 men on the park Hibs were not losing! Was expecting Ayr to have battered us the way some on here were flapping yesterday!

Bad day at the office move on to the next game.

I can't believe some of the doom laden reactions. Before the sending off we were in total control and grinding out a 1-0 victory with the possibility of a second. Yes we were nowhere near our best against a dogged performance by Ayr, but were never seriously threatened.

Bartley stayed on the pitch and it's a '***** performance but three points, need to win ugly sometimes against teams that sit deep, and will have improve at Palmerston but will get more room' assessment.

The stupid red and the game turns. Yes, we obviously need to cope better with ten men and no defensive midfielder.

But people are so quick to get down the throats of the club. I thought last season, losing the LC, the play off, then winning the SC, would have encouraged some perspective, but an inordinate amount of urine is still being lost over very little.

wookie70
18-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Looked a red at the game and the highlights do nothing to change my mind. Late, studs up, jumped in and a wee bit high. Stupid challenge when we were completely bossing the game. The defending for both their goals was dreadful. The second in particular was a joke. Stevenson got stripped but McGinn gave up the chase at the half way line. If he had kept going perhaps Hanlon wouldn't have had to come across and as for the marking in the middle!!!

Pretty depressing watching another set of highlights where we have shot after shot without making their keeper break sweat. They then waltz into our box and score on pretty much every visit. Bad miss from Holt who really should have scored.

staunchhibby
18-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Was behind the goals and i feel that marciano could have got the ball and saved giving away the corner

greenpaper55
18-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Plenty of other teams who were favourites got stuffed a the weekend, Man U for example should never get beaten with the money they have spent , you could say the same for the OF as well but it's a funny old game, we had chances galore yesterday and on another day could have had three or four easily but it was not to be. I would be more worried if we were outplayed by the other team but that's not happening.

jacomo
18-09-2016, 04:48 PM

Agree. Finishing, finishing, finishing.

And tell our defenders (inc the keeper) to take responsibility and attack the ball. Should never have been a corner, and the corner itself should have been cleared as it wasn't the hardest ball to get away.

makaveli1875
18-09-2016, 04:51 PM
shocking result , we should not be losing at home to ayr united . hope they come out and pummel queen of the south next week

Thecat23
18-09-2016, 05:07 PM
I can't believe some of the doom laden reactions. Before the sending off we were in total control and grinding out a 1-0 victory with the possibility of a second. Yes we were nowhere near our best against a dogged performance by Ayr, but were never seriously threatened.

Bartley stayed on the pitch and it's a '***** performance but three points, need to win ugly sometimes against teams that sit deep, and will have improve at Palmerston but will get more room' assessment.

The stupid red and the game turns. Yes, we obviously need to cope better with ten men and no defensive midfielder.

But people are so quick to get down the throats of the club. I thought last season, losing the LC, the play off, then winning the SC, would have encouraged some perspective, but an inordinate amount of urine is still being lost over very little.

Couldn't agree more! 👍🏼

Pete
18-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Is that a wind up Pete, he was just awful yesterday, vastly overweight like Cairney, couldn't jump and unable to keep hold of the ball at anytime during the game, couldn't figure out how someoe so poor was able to make it as a pro footballer.

He's got bags of skill though and is capable of the odd moment of brilliance. Don't know why but I just like that type of player. Maybe its wanting to cling to the way the game used to be when it wasn't all about power and pace. :hmmm:

19AYR10
19-09-2016, 01:13 AM
There's a few Doom and Gloom merchant Hibs fans on here.

You'll win the league.
Take one bad result after 5 wins for christs sakes.

As an Ayr fan, I got some hope that we won't finish bottom. Having 5 players in the Hibs box at the winner tells me we will fight right to the wire.

Enjoy your season lads.

JimBHibees
19-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Looked a red at the game and the highlights do nothing to change my mind. Late, studs up, jumped in and a wee bit high. Stupid challenge when we were completely bossing the game. The defending for both their goals was dreadful. The second in particular was a joke. Stevenson got stripped but McGinn gave up the chase at the half way line. If he had kept going perhaps Hanlon wouldn't have had to come across and as for the marking in the middle!!!

Pretty depressing watching another set of highlights where we have shot after shot without making their keeper break sweat. They then waltz into our box and score on pretty much every visit. Bad miss from Holt who really should have scored.

Not sure Hanlon did need to charge over effectively created space in the middle for the player to score.

J-C
19-09-2016, 09:14 AM

Good pic as it shows exactly what the failings were.

Fyvie is ball watching and doesn't pick up his man slightly behind him and Gray is nowhere near the guy running in and is also ball watching, McGregor is the only players picking up his man.

Blaster
19-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Good pic as it shows exactly what the failings were.

Fyvie is ball watching and doesn't pick up his man slightly behind him and Gray is nowhere near the guy running in and is also ball watching, McGregor is the only players picking up his man.

Where are the other midfielders? I agree the marking of the players in the picture is poor but where are the others?

erin go bragh
19-09-2016, 09:23 AM
There's a few Doom and Gloom merchant Hibs fans on here.

You'll win the league.
Take one bad result after 5 wins for christs sakes.

As an Ayr fan, I got some hope that we won't finish bottom. Having 5 players in the Hibs box at the winner tells me we will fight right to the wire.

Enjoy your season lads.
I concur . There is that . After watching the highlights of your game against Morton , can see yous finishing above them .
Smash and grab against us but it's about putting the ball in the net .

J-C
19-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Where are the other midfielders? I agree the marking of the players in the picture is poor but where are the others?

Bartley was off and not replaced, so we were a man short in he middle, Dylan should have been on to fill he gap in the middle.

Hamish
19-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Ach well we'll be fine in the plays-off.

ancient hibee
19-09-2016, 06:14 PM

Goodness knows.They're never in the other box either.