PDA

View Full Version : Graham or Holt ?

dastardly8
17-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Thoughts on who should start both capable of stretching defences however I think more goals would come from Graham.

BoomtownHibees
17-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Holt will start IMO

Onceinawhile
17-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Holt will start and soften them up. Graham can come on and add a bit of pace.

Stewboy
17-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Holt to batter them for 65 mins then Graham to finish the job

Pretty Boy
17-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Holt should, and will, start imo.

Unseen work
17-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Holt needs to add goals to his game imo.

Personally think graham could do that role with scoring more often

Highland_Hibee
17-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Holt will start. Just when they see the big man getting tired and think they can relax we throw on Graham. In amongst ye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dastardly8
17-09-2016, 11:51 AM
It's a good problem to have , also Jason on top form beside either and keatings clicking his heels for a run

Sammy7nil
17-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Graham Boyle and McGeoch should be given a chance a scrambled win at Dumbarton followed by a home defeat no one could complain at being dropped.

The Captain....
17-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Id rather see Graham start, think he has shown more in his fleeting opportunities. Holt is not involved enough and carries next to no goal threat.

3pm
17-09-2016, 07:22 PM
I think Graham is poor. He's won a watch by getting a 2 year deal with Hibs.

17-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Holt will start and soften them up. Graham can come on and add a bit of pace.

This :agree:

crash
17-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Holt looks past his best and will not score goals. Graham is better as a targetman ( goal v Morton was Gordonesque). He will score more goals than Holt, and more assists so I dont buy this p1sh about Holt starting to soften them up.

Sammy7nil
17-09-2016, 07:49 PM
This :agree:

Worked well the last coue of weeks :rolleyes:

Mr_F
17-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Holt has missed a scary amount of easy chances, I'd drop him and play Keatings, we need goals

Eyrie
17-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Was I the only one frustrated at how long it takes Holt to get back onside?

hibee_girl
17-09-2016, 09:23 PM

No

Cat Stanton
17-09-2016, 10:08 PM
Holt looks past his best and will not score goals. Graham is better as a targetman ( goal v Morton was Gordonesque). He will score more goals than Holt, and more assists so I dont buy this p1sh about Holt starting to soften them up.

thought Graham was rubbish when he came on today - first i've seen of him but wildly unimpressed

monktonharp
17-09-2016, 10:17 PM
thought Graham was rubbish when he came on today - first i've seen of him but wildly unimpressedC'mon, that is unfair. he got to a few high balls, and flicked on or laid off a

t least a couple of decent chances when he was on. the main problem being that we were a man doon, no one to take the chances. he was excellent for the 20 minutes he played at Paisley. just in the door btw

monktonharp
17-09-2016, 10:21 PM
I think Graham is poor. He's won a watch by getting a 2 year deal with Hibs.gunmetal watch? he will improve, and his goal at ER was fantastic. has he played 90 mins over the period he's came on as a sub? naw

Tyler Durden
17-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Graham was very poor today, poor decision IMO to bring him on. Also daft to take off Cummings for me.

Seem to be a number of people who just do not appreciate the job that Holt does.

Main issue today was the lack of service to the forwards, Shinnie in particular held on to the ball far too long

Hibs90
17-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Graham was very poor today, poor decision IMO to bring him on. Also daft to take off Cummings for me.

Seem to be a number of people who just do not appreciate the job that Holt does.

Main issue today was the lack of service to the forwards, Shinnie in particular held on to the ball far too long

Both as bad as each other

Ozyhibby
17-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Neither Holt nor Shinnie could complain if they were dropped after their dreadful performances today.

IberianHibernian
17-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Holt was presumably signed for this season maximum ( might even be away in winter window depending on circumstances ) and Graham as a sub / alternative for him . Bit unfair to criticize Graham when he hasn`t had regular run in team and team isn`t set up to help him ( Harris crossing and passing would supplement Holt / Graham more than today`s selection for example ) but I would presume he`s one of several in squad who know that they probably won`t be at ER if we get promoted ( with crowds we`re getting now , we will not be looking to just survive if promoted )

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Graham was very poor today, poor decision IMO to bring him on. Also daft to take off Cummings for me. - Agree with that.

Seem to be a number of people who just do not appreciate the job that Holt does. What does he do - i'd like to know as well?
Main issue today was the lack of service to the forwards, Shinnie in particular held on to the ball far too long - Shinnie was p!sh, no complaintsAs above.

MyJo
17-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Holt need dropped IMO

Hibee Mac
17-09-2016, 11:06 PM

He does that intentionally to keep the defence on their toes. You rarely see him caught offside because of it so I don't think it's a bad thing.

Hi Heid Yin
18-09-2016, 02:13 AM
I still feel that we have yet to see the best of Holt, and Graham carries more of a goal threat, so at this stage it's Graham for me.

Pete
18-09-2016, 02:16 AM
Both as bad as each other

No way. At this level Holts job is to open the door for others to take advantage and he's doing it well.

It's not his fault that there's no support to take advantage.

The quality is there.

Jones28
18-09-2016, 04:32 AM

My missus was getting really wound up at that

Highland_Hibee
18-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Holt frustrates defenders and gives them a hard time to free up space for others. He had a couple of chances he probably should have taken but what striker doesn't? The fact is our final ball was either woeful or too long in coming and getting snuffed out. Fyvie might have got our MotM but he frustrated me. He appears to present the ball onto his left side when in dangerous positions but never uses his left foot. Graham was being held down by defenders on numerous occasions. Refs appear to let this kind of treatment go against bigger guys.

H18S NX
18-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Graham to start for me

Sammy7nil
18-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Holt frustrates defenders and gives them a hard time to free up space for others. He had a couple of chances he probably should have taken but what striker doesn't? The fact is our final ball was either woeful or too long in coming and getting snuffed out. Fyvie might have got our MotM but he frustrated me. He appears to present the ball onto his left side when in dangerous positions but never uses his left foot. Graham was being held down by defenders on numerous occasions. Refs appear to let this kind of treatment go against bigger guys.

Every striker that plays us seems to take their chances yesterday they had 3 shots and two goals

we are hibs
18-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Holt is doing fine. Some absolute nonsense gets put on here after a defeat.

Eyrie
18-09-2016, 11:30 AM
He does that intentionally to keep the defence on their toes. You rarely see him caught offside because of it so I don't think it's a bad thing.

He's not standing a yard or two offside. He's walking back slowly and the only reason he isn't caught offside is that we're too slow to move the ball forward so he has all day to amble back.

I'm not advocating hoofball, but there were times yesterday when Ayr's line was so high that it was crying out for a long ball over the top just to shake things up.