PDA

View Full Version : Full back positions

dastardly8
17-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Does everybody think we need to strengthen the full back positions and if so who would you like to see added ?

Highland_Hibee
17-09-2016, 11:05 AM
We are blessed with two of the most consistent full backs in Scotland. I agree we could use cover. Re-signing Gunnarsson would have been a good shout for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dastardly8
17-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Agreed should have kept gunnarson , gave us a different dimension going upfield , he wasn't easy to mark which showed at *********** cup game

Highland_Hibee
17-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Agreed should have kept gunnarson , gave us a different dimension going upfield , he wasn't easy to mark which showed at *********** cup game

I expected it to be a done deal after his loan expired. He showed enough during his chances that he's a handful and not limited to defending. Seemed keen to show us he deserved to stay IMO. I can however respect that Lennon has his own ideas and I can't fault him on any of them so far.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2016, 11:33 AM

Who did he sign for

Highland_Hibee
17-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Double post

dastardly8
17-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Who did he sign for

Went back to Norway I think

hibsbollah
17-09-2016, 11:45 AM
I heard from a very good source inside the club this week that Lennon is thinking about using Calum Crane more as the season progresses. His performance in the Birmingham game still in people's minds...

PiemanP
17-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Stevenson was horrendous today going format and back. Give Crane a chance it can't be any worse.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Stevenson was horrendous today going format and back. Give Crane a chance it can't be any worse.

Yup.

I fear Stevenson has become undroppable because of his reliability not to do anything really bad and is normally consistently ok. I really hope crane is good enough to break through and offer us something more though.

JimBHibees
17-09-2016, 05:22 PM
The quality of delivery from Lewis was very poor.

SRHibs
17-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Yes. I think the defence has had an easy job of it this season and when we got down to 10 men our defensive frailties were exposed. The quality of delivery from the left-hand side was abysmal too. I love Stevenson and I think we will get promoted with him, but we could improve by strengthening in the FB positions.

wookie70
17-09-2016, 05:25 PM
I am a big fan of Lewis Stevenson but he was honking today and hasn't impressed this season in general. I wonder if the testimonial is ading some pressure or maybe he is carrying a knock. I think it might be a decent idea to bring Crane in.

BoomtownHibees
17-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Stevenson for the 2nd goal today was shocking

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Our full backs are good full backs, the problem we have is they are not wingbacks.

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Stevenson was horrendous today going format and back. Give Crane a chance it can't be any worse.Oh, it can be much much worse than Lewis Stevenson. It has been plenty of times.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Our full backs are good full backs, the problem we have is they are not wingbacks.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone can think of good wingers from their generation but I couldn't help but think how much fun Michael O'Neill would have had if he'd found himself in the amount of good positions Stevenson found himself in today.

TBF then i remebered Stevensons job is predominantly a full back, not a winger which he normally does ok, in an attacking sense we need much better though.

crash
17-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Stevenson is not a good full back,opposition teams are now targeting him and he is easily beaten, never stops crosses coming in and was left for dead on 3 occasions today one of which resulted in the winning goal.

HappyAsHellas
17-09-2016, 05:37 PM
The problem is the formation we play the full backs are wing backs, with neither of them having the pace or ability to deliver good quality balls into the box consistently. A cross is only a 20 or 30 yard pass, how hard can it be?

Onion
17-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Does everybody think we need to strengthen the full back positions and if so who would you like to see added ?

Both had poor games today (esp Lewis) but they are club legends and IMO are welcome to play for Hibs for as long as they want. No Hibs fan should be questioning their commitment or contribution. We lost 1 game of football.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Both had poor games today (esp Lewis) but they are club legends and IMO are welcome to play for Hibs for as long as they want. No Hibs fan should be questioning their commitment or contribution. We lost 1 game of football.

No problem with people questioning their contribution, that should always happen about every player.

Nobody is questioning their commitment

hibIBZ
17-09-2016, 05:48 PM
I think Stevenson has had a rough start to the season, so far his delivery has let him down on a number of occasions and got done for their 2nd today. Hope he keeps the head up and see some of the form we know he is capable of

Sammy7nil
17-09-2016, 05:48 PM

What a lot of tosh :greengrin if they deserve to be dropped then get them out the team Hibs are important not individuals. Lewis was terrible today what roasting he got for the second goal. If we had an alternative i would be giving them a go. Everyone is replaceable even Lewis.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Stevenson is not a good full back,opposition teams are now targeting him and he is easily beaten, never stops crosses coming in and was left for dead on 3 occasions today one of which resulted in the winning goal.

Not sure how you can tell, as he's doing a wingback job most weeks, he's our wide left player expected to provide from the left.

Playing with the narrow midfield gives him acres to run into, he's just not really that good at getting forward beating a player and providing an incisive pass or cross.

lucky
17-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Both were poor today. But I doubt we will get better full backs for this league.

Sammy7nil
17-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Not sure how you can tell, as he's doing a wingback job most weeks, he's our wide left player expected to provide from the left.

Playing with the narrow midfield gives him acres to run into, he's just not really that good at getting forward beating a player and providing an incisive pass or cross.

For the second goal he looked like a terrible fullback. Yes it was a one off but i think Lewis despite being a legend has proved over a number years he is not good enough to play fullback or wingback.

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2016, 06:05 PM
For the second goal he looked like a terrible fullback. Yes it was a one off but i think Lewis despite being a legend has proved over a number years he is not good enough to play fullback or wingback.

oh oh :tin hat:

familyman
17-09-2016, 06:15 PM
see Falkirk third goal today for how a left wing cross should be made then change our left back ,we are giving so much of the ball to the left side and wasted so often with poor distribution

WWFTWTG
17-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Stevenson, poor vision going forward and unable to cross the ball. Time for change.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2016, 06:16 PM

I disagree, when you are asked to do what he is all game he will be knackered by the end of it. Add in us playing with 10 men and you are asking for trouble with space in behind him.

I think as a defending full back he's been very good over the last few seasons, and if he's been roasted today for their second goal, there is mitigating circumstances, and over the piece he's not been accountable for many goals from his side in recent seasons.

Sammy7nil
17-09-2016, 06:22 PM
I disagree, when you are asked to do what he is all game he will be knackered by the end of it. Add in us playing with 10 men and you are asking for trouble with space in behind him.

I think as a defending full back he's been very good over the last few seasons, and if he's been roasted today for their second goal, there is mitigating circumstances, and over the piece he's not been accountable for many goals from his side in recent seasons.
I like Lewis and admire his grit and determination but we will have to disagree imho he days as an automatic pick should be over. He should be cover at full back and midfield. This is not based on todays performance but over a number of years.

CallumHibs07
17-09-2016, 06:24 PM
So are we allowed to criticise Stevenson now?

Swedish hibee
17-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Who did he sign for

He's playing for a Swedish team Djurgarden if. And they are doing poorly in the league.

theonlywayisup
17-09-2016, 07:01 PM

Yes - fully agree with you blackpoolhibs.

I also think as a defender he's been good. If other team's target him, they don't get much from him. I recall the 'old' Rangers putting Laugherty against him and Lewis usually did ok against him.

However, we can't hide from the fact that his crossing is poor. Most of our good moments came down the right, so we need something better/different down the left.

Stantons Angel
17-09-2016, 11:10 PM
So are we allowed to criticise Stevenson now?

NO!

even i had to admit his crossing left a lot to be desired today but take a look around your team today and tell me who played well?

From the goalie to the wingers they nearly all kept giving the ball away and the worst offender was McGinn. Yes our man McGinn, he strode forward evading tackle after tackle and often gave the ball away to the opposition. Fyvie too as did Shinnie!

I cant defend Lewis's game today as it was very poor by his standards but the full backs have been singled out and Lewis as usual takes the barracking.

Ah well it wasnt a good day at work for any of them but we have to get up and dust it off to get ready to go again next week!

Zazu62
17-09-2016, 11:30 PM
If a player isn't performing then he deserves to be dropped, isn't that how football works?

Gmack7
17-09-2016, 11:44 PM
NO!

even i had to admit his crossing left a lot to be desired today but take a look around your team today and tell me who played well?

From the goalie to the wingers they nearly all kept giving the ball away and the worst offender was McGinn. Yes our man McGinn, he strode forward evading tackle after tackle and often gave the ball away to the opposition. Fyvie too as did Shinnie!

I cant defend Lewis's game today as it was very poor by his standards but the full backs have been singled out and Lewis as usual takes the barracking.

Ah well it wasnt a good day at work for any of them but we have to get up and dust it off to get ready to go again next week!

The goalie to the wingers?? We didn't play with wingers. With the possession Stevenson gets he does no where near enough with the ball going forward.

Forza Fred
17-09-2016, 11:53 PM
Both were poor today. But I doubt we will get better full backs for this league.

This,but we DO need to look to the future and incrementally improve the squad.

Highland_Hibee
17-09-2016, 11:54 PM
If a player isn't performing then he deserves to be dropped, isn't that how football works?

This.

We have become so sentimental about certain players. We can't see past the Scottish Cup tinted specs.

FitbaFolkKen
18-09-2016, 12:18 AM
I thought today he was particularly poor, normally steady and reliable but his distribution seems to have declined this season. It's a lottery as to where his crosses end up, sometimes good, sometimes behind the player, sometimes behind the goal.

I noticed McGinn spent a fair amount of todays game covering LB so Lewis could get forward and that's a complete mistake in my eyes. McGinn is far more productive in the forward areas.

Would be delighted to see Crane get a chance - or for us to put Fontaine/Forster in and go 3-5-2

Stantons Angel
18-09-2016, 01:10 AM
The goalie to the wingers?? We didn't play with wingers. With the possession Stevenson gets he does no where near enough with the ball going forward.

You misinterpret my meanings here, Lewis is no winger or wingback to say he doesnt do enough on the ball is misleading also.

Countless times today he stood alone on his side of the park and shouted for the ball and never got it. Maybe if he had a little more time on the ball things may have been different. He as usual carries the blame for a bad day! If our forwards had put away the four outstanding chances we had first half then we would not be talking about Lewis AGAIN!

Its a team game but no on else in this team seems to carry the can as much as Lewis does.??

Jdawg
18-09-2016, 01:37 AM
Stevenson seems to be too scared to do down the line. Good left back but needs a winger in front of him. At one point he had 25m to go on the outside and done his usual stop the ball and pass inside, all momentum lost and Ayr could reorganise.

Thing is he has a wee bit of pace.

Big90inOz
18-09-2016, 02:21 AM
The bottom line is neither fullback are wing backs, change the formation or change the players. No other option.

Pete
18-09-2016, 02:32 AM
All this stuff about wing backs/full backs/tactics/formations is a load of nonsense.

It's all about delivery into the box wether you've skinned a man or have checked back ... it simply wasnt good enough. No room for sentiment and its up to the manager to ensure that the strikers get good balls into good areas. Testimonial man? cup winning captain? It shouldn't matter to Lennon as its all about results and if you're not performing you should be told to perform or you're benched.

This is an area Lewis in particular really needs to work on as all his checking back wouldn't matter if he could consistently deliver killer crosses.

Jones28
18-09-2016, 04:00 AM

This. Greys crosses were better than stevensons but ultimately they weren't dangerous.

Expecting Rain
18-09-2016, 06:54 AM
It is a mystery to me that we haven't tried to sign a decent left back to play in this league, the performance from Lewis was not a big surprise to me, I just accept it now.

Ozyhibby
18-09-2016, 07:08 AM
If Crane does not start pushing into the team now then I doubt he's going to.
He's 20 years old and the guy in front of him is not playing well. He has to make the breakthrough now or he will be gone at the end of the season.

Eyrie
18-09-2016, 11:25 AM
All this stuff about wing backs/full backs/tactics/formations is a load of nonsense.

It's all about delivery into the box wether you've skinned a man or have checked back ... it simply wasnt good enough. No room for sentiment and its up to the manager to ensure that the strikers get good balls into good areas. Testimonial man? cup winning captain? It shouldn't matter to Lennon as its all about results and if you're not performing you should be told to perform or you're benched.

This is an area Lewis in particular really needs to work on as all his checking back wouldn't matter if he could consistently deliver killer crosses.

Stevenson was poor yesterday, but his crossing has always been a weakness more often than not.

So the manager has to look at the bit in bold and address the issue. Stevenson should only be dropped if there is a player available who can perform the wing back role better, and if there isn't then the manager needs to change his tactics to maximise what the players selected are able to do well.

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2016, 12:36 PM
In this style of football the two guys on the pitch who are going to be the focus of attention are the fullbacks, their ability to get the ball into the box is vital to getting round the back of packed defences, just as Ayr United's was yesterday.

David Gray isn't too bad at getting past his man, but even then he does it with less than 50% of his possession in the final third and when he does get past his man it rarely leads to anything along the lines of him picking out a man with his cross.

Lewis Stevenson is exactly what Lewis Stevenson has been since he nailed down the left back spot, a very solid consistent player who rarely gives the ball away. But as a wing back he is severely limited ...... I've said the same thing about him for years on this forum and yesterday was just another Groundhog day for me watching him play.
In my opinion there is a reason that he gets more possession of the ball in space than any other Hibs player and its simply that every manager in Scotland knows that he is incapable of beating his opponent, so if there's a Hibs player you want to see in possession in the final third its Lewis Stevenson because you know that eventually he will be forced to either pass the ball back the way or sideways, by which time your defence is set for the ball coming back into midfield, he was one on one several times yesterday and never beat his man once, a recurring theme in most games.

Every time Hibs lose the accusations are the same 1) we don't take enough of the chances we make ......... 2) we were too slow and ponderous. How can anybody deny that one of the reasons we are too slow and ponderous are the following two moves:

Keeper gets the ball, keeper passes the ball to the invariably unmarked Lewis, Lewis runs 30 yards with the ball, Lewis is confronted with an opposition player, Lewis stops, and either passes the ball back to a centre half or plays the ball infield to somebody who still has 7 players in front of him.

The midfield have the ball and Lewis is standing in space on the touchline 10 yards into the opposition half. The ball is passed to Lewis who runs 15 yards with it until confronted by the full back, Lewis stops the ball and passes it 10 yards back to a midfield player or infield to a Hibs player who still has 3 or 4 players from the opposition in front of him.

I know sod all about tactics, but I do know this ...... The meat and drink, the go to tactic, of any manager who sets his team up to defend is to force the opposition to play the ball into the centre of the park where you can crowd them out by sheer force of numbers, having a wing back in the other team who cant beat a man and invariably has to either pass the ball back or sideways is what you pray for, it gives your defenders time to get set and also gives you time to flood the edge of your box with defenders.

As I said before .... after half an hour yesterday I was crying out for Lennon to change the formation and play John McGinn out on the left as an out and out left winger. I just don't get why we cant just go 442 in these games and play with wingers, even if they are makeshift ones like Boyle or McGinn. I would fancy John McGinn to roast just about any right back in this league.

markcrane1970
18-09-2016, 12:40 PM
If Crane does not start pushing into the team now then I doubt he's going to.
He's 20 years old and the guy in front of him is not playing well. He has to make the breakthrough now or he will be gone at the end of the season.

Crane plays week in week out for the 20s and has done since he was 16. He's been told by the "club" that if he played for any other team in the league he would be getting 1st team football..now is it if LS is fit then he plays, because after Cranes display against Birmingham and his outstanding loan spell at Berwick i cant see how any coach could leave him out. What could it hurt to give him a spell at wingback. Played wingback against East Fife pre season when AS took over and ripped them apart, hit the post from 30yrds, all AS did was brush his performance under the carpet.So why is this, if Hibs dont want him they should just let him go or are they afraid he might come back and haunt them or has LS got preference because he remains loyal to the club..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Crane plays week in week out for the 20s and has done since he was 16. He's been told by the "club" that if he played for any other team in the league he would be getting 1st team football..now is it if LS is fit then he plays, because after Cranes display against Birmingham and his outstanding loan spell at Berwick i cant see how any coach could leave him out. What could it hurt to give him a spell at wingback. Played wingback against East Fife pre season when AS took over and ripped them apart, hit the post from 30yrds, all AS did was brush his performance under the carpet.So why is this, if Hibs dont want him they should just let him go or are they afraid he might come back and haunt them or has LS got preference because he remains loyal to the club..

I'd guess the last manager and the current one don't think he's ready yet, and not as good as the players they picked or pick for that position?

Why do you think Stubbs and Lennon are deliberately keeping a player out the team, who you think could improve us?

markcrane1970
18-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Surely if a player stands out then he deserves a chance..its frustrating when 1 player in that position plays badly and still gets a game..surely Callum hasnt peaked at 20...patience is a virtue i suppose.

Roxyhibee
18-09-2016, 04:04 PM
In this style of football the two guys on the pitch who are going to be the focus of attention are the fullbacks, their ability to get the ball into the box is vital to getting round the back of packed defences, just as Ayr United's was yesterday.

David Gray isn't too bad at getting past his man, but even then he does it with less than 50% of his possession in the final third and when he does get past his man it rarely leads to anything along the lines of him picking out a man with his cross.

Lewis Stevenson is exactly what Lewis Stevenson has been since he nailed down the left back spot, a very solid consistent player who rarely gives the ball away. But as a wing back he is severely limited ...... I've said the same thing about him for years on this forum and yesterday was just another Groundhog day for me watching him play.
In my opinion there is a reason that he gets more possession of the ball in space than any other Hibs player and its simply that every manager in Scotland knows that he is incapable of beating his opponent, so if there's a Hibs player you want to see in possession in the final third its Lewis Stevenson because you know that eventually he will be forced to either pass the ball back the way or sideways, by which time your defence is set for the ball coming back into midfield, he was one on one several times yesterday and never beat his man once, a recurring theme in most games.

Every time Hibs lose the accusations are the same 1) we don't take enough of the chances we make ......... 2) we were too slow and ponderous. How can anybody deny that one of the reasons we are too slow and ponderous are the following two moves:

Keeper gets the ball, keeper passes the ball to the invariably unmarked Lewis, Lewis runs 30 yards with the ball, Lewis is confronted with an opposition player, Lewis stops, and either passes the ball back to a centre half or plays the ball infield to somebody who still has 7 players in front of him.

The midfield have the ball and Lewis is standing in space on the touchline 10 yards into the opposition half. The ball is passed to Lewis who runs 15 yards with it until confronted by the full back, Lewis stops the ball and passes it 10 yards back to a midfield player or infield to a Hibs player who still has 3 or 4 players from the opposition in front of him.

I know sod all about tactics, but I do know this ...... The meat and drink, the go to tactic, of any manager who sets his team up to defend is to force the opposition to play the ball into the centre of the park where you can crowd them out by sheer force of numbers, having a wing back in the other team who cant beat a man and invariably has to either pass the ball back or sideways is what you pray for, it gives your defenders time to get set and also gives you time to flood the edge of your box with defenders.

As I said before .... after half an hour yesterday I was crying out for Lennon to change the formation and play John McGinn out on the left as an out and out left winger. I just don't get why we cant just go 442 in these games and play with wingers, even if they are makeshift ones like Boyle or McGinn. I would fancy John McGinn to roast just about any right back in this league.

Totally nailed it re Lewis here and saying exactly the same things our little regular crowd (young and old) observe about him most games.

He deserves every plaudit and testimony going for the type of fantastic attitude he has shown over his years under the most testing of managers and crises that have hit our club in that time. And for that alone, he deserves those 2 medals and more. Will always have a special place in Hibs supporters memories.

But, he is a very limited footballer who slows us down most games now - McGinn started well yesterday and would have caused mayhem down that left side going forward into their box, but got next to nothing from Lewis, who was hesitant and typically over cautious. And when he did get into decent positions, his crossing was woeful, as it is more often than not. Btw, he wasn't the reason we lost yesterday, far from it - most of the team were abysmal, but he is a continuing problem anytime we need something from him (especially going forward.)

We will win this league I'm sure, but next season we will definitely need a genuinely solid left back who can match the pace and trickery of wingers and put in confident menacing crosses up the other end. To have the ability to do both consistently during a game are the very basics of a good full back and Lewis has neither I'm afraid.

Brooster
18-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Lewis certainly contributed to our downfall yesterday, his performance really was poor. I would be tempted to give Crane his chance.

hibsbollah
18-09-2016, 07:33 PM

The same source mentioned that maybe the one thing that held him back from a straight entry into the first team this season was a poor performance in that Turriff Utd game a few weeks back. I can't comment because I didn't see it but it sounds like he was as poor in that as he was great against Birmingham. Against weaker opponents of course.

But it sounds like his chance will come.

jdships
18-09-2016, 08:30 PM
One thing for certain is that " Normal Service Has Been Resumed " re comments on Lewis Stevenson !!:greengrin
Surely the midfiield has a job to do in ensuring the two full backs are not left exposed ?

Ronniekirk
18-09-2016, 09:29 PM
The same source mentioned that maybe the one thing that held him back from a straight entry into the first team this season was a poor performance in that Turriff Utd game a few weeks back. I can't comment because I didn't see it but it sounds like he was as poor in that as he was great against Birmingham. Against weaker opponents of course.

But it sounds like his chance will come.

I watched the Turiff game and was watching crane in particular given he was being talked up as first team contender I must admit i wasnt impressed But one poor game doesnt make him a bad player but it was a chance to stake a claim to play in first team and when he gets the chance heneeds to take it

Ronniekirk
18-09-2016, 09:31 PM
What happened to the Welsh International on Trial Is he still with us or has he been sent packing

Roxyhibee
18-09-2016, 10:23 PM
One thing for certain is that " Normal Service Has Been Resumed " re comments on Lewis Stevenson !!:greengrin
Surely the midfiield has a job to do in ensuring the two full backs are not left exposed ?

I think you need to read the constructive criticism that supporters have posted regarding concerns for their football teams' progress instead of posting something inane and puerile with a grinning face.

Lewis has been a source of debate for a while now, and when you consider how universally popular the guy is with everyone for his admirable other qualities, there must be a good reason the footballing side of things is being so regularly spotlighted (think about it). Everyone wants Lewis to do well and I've never heard many people questioning his attitude.

But we are in another season of trying to break down 11 men and his limited ability to consistently do that at this level is once again alarmingly obvious to many of those watching the game and a continuing source of frustration.

In all my time of supporting Hibs in 50 plus years, I have never seen a better opportunity for us to get to the top slots of Scottish football and stay there. Everything stadium wise and academy is physically in place (unlike The Cheats across the city, Dons, etc) the SC hoodoo is over, the crowds are back and we have absolutely nothing to fear from any of those mediocre teams below Celtic in the SPL. But we desperately need to get up there and also need to keep building a good team on the park.

It's not about slagging off players for the sake of it, it's about improving the team.

Valencia
19-09-2016, 03:04 PM
Callum Booth anybody?

Hamish
19-09-2016, 03:26 PM
What happened to the Welsh International on Trial Is he still with us or has he been sent packing

We'll see tomorrow maybe as u20's play Falkirk.

edwards
19-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Never seen Lewis take so many pelters have always said we needed a replacement for the left back position, I would never lack his commitment but his crossing has always been dire. He appears to try and find someone in the box with his crosses instead of knocking it on front of them, I thought Gray had a half decent game and Holt came close with two of his crosses. You couldn't fault the ayr defence and their keeper pulled off a few half decent saves.

Ardenttwo
20-09-2016, 04:26 AM
I heard from a very good source inside the club this week that Lennon is thinking about using Calum Crane more as the season progresses. His performance in the Birmingham game still in people's minds...

Watched Crane against Turriff and was not impressed. Bailed out a few times from Hanlon. Young lad I know and plenty time to improve but not ready yet. Against stronger opposition than Turriff we would have been in trouble down our left back position

JDHibs
20-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Both are good reliable full backs, they are not wing backs however.

They will both run all day, both give us good width but their final deliveries are normally poor. Also as the game against Ayr showed, bar Gray in the first minute, both have a reluctance to try and go past a man and hit the by line!

If we go up both will need to be replaced in my opinion. Crane is a good option at left back, has a better delivery and more pace than Lewy, Gunni would have been a great option but i heard we couldnt afford his wages and he didnt fancy moving here permanently.