PDA

View Full Version : 2-3 or 3-2

SouthMoroccoStu
16-09-2016, 06:33 PM
My fellow hibees - I'm looking for your trustworthy opinion.

I'm hoping to get a small silver colour plaque made as part of a photo, ticket and programme display for the cup final

Now part of the plaque will, of course, feature the scoreline.

Here's were I'm stuck - how best to display the score line

The Rangers were technically the home team so that would make the score 2-3

But the Hibs should come first - maybe

I'm keen to know what you think

Cheers and GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
16-09-2016, 06:37 PM
If you have the teams written on the plaque you got to do the score in the same order.

Callum7
16-09-2016, 06:37 PM

I'm hoping to get a small silver colour plaque made as part of a photo, ticket and programme display for the cup final

Cheers and GGTTH

2-3, maybe have the teams on either side?

Mikers110
16-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Definitely 3-2. It was a neutral venue therefore the winners score should come first. In this instance the home team really only dictates what dressing room is allocated. 2-3 would just be wrong.

Zazu62
16-09-2016, 06:44 PM

Cheers and GGTTH

How were they technically the home team? How does it work

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-09-2016, 06:49 PM
The scoreboard at Hampden and the TV channels both had 2-3 if that helps. :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
16-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Plaque should match the ticket and programme in the display, in my opinion. So the Huns' name and score first.

SunshineOnLeith
16-09-2016, 06:59 PM

They flip a coin or something similar for it and it decides who gets the home dressing room essentially. Might be other inconsequential stuff, does the home team always call the coin toss maybe?

erin go bragh
16-09-2016, 08:25 PM

We were first to qualify for the final . So surely that made us the home team.
3-2 every time for me .

Sir David Gray
16-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Personally I would have it down as 2-3 but I'm quite OCD about these things and that's how the media etc reported the score at the time so that's how I would have it.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-09-2016, 08:36 PM

Not sure mate. But the team sheet and programme have Rangers first - hence I said "home team", maybe a poor choice of words

I would agree with the last poster, I always thought it was the team that qualified first

But with the Sfa, who knows

mca
16-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Who Had The Home-Team Dressing Room ??

SouthMoroccoStu
16-09-2016, 08:51 PM

Not sure to be honest

Anyone know from the dressing room footage?

JeMeSouviens
16-09-2016, 09:16 PM
3-2 every time for me .

I think in the final it's the team that were first out in the semi draw?

hibsbollah
16-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Definitely 3-2. It was a neutral venue therefore the winners score should come first. In this instance the home team really only dictates what dressing room is allocated. 2-3 would just be wrong.

This.

Hibs Class
16-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Or this! Hopefully :greengrin

lord bunberry
16-09-2016, 09:33 PM
I tend to start with the hibs score

Edson Arantes
16-09-2016, 09:35 PM
The Hibs won 3-2 - what does it matter?

:cb

HFC07
16-09-2016, 09:38 PM
If anyone asks the score it's always 3-2,
We won 3-2
Hibs beat rangers 3-2
Rangers got humped 3-2
Hibernian lift the cup with a 3-2 win
Gray scores a dramatic last mintue goal to give Hibs a 3-2 lead against rangers.
Warburtons hat is missing due to a 3-2 defeat in the Scottish cup final.
Wallace is not happy at getting beat 3-2

Hi Heid Yin
16-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Hibs score should always, in every case, come first. This used to be the way until some not so bright spark started playing mind games and turned things back to front, and for some inexplicable reason this has been adopted by the younger generation. We all know if Hibs are playing home or away as it is indicated.
So, 3-2

Baader
16-09-2016, 09:39 PM
3-2 every time for me .

Before the game was wondering why The Huns were billed as the home side (they were.)

As you say, surely us qualifying the day before them made us the home side?

Anyway, go with 3-2!

HFC07
16-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Before the game was wondering why The Huns were billed as the home side (they were.)

Surely us qualifying the day before they did made us the homeside?

Anyway, go with 3-2!

I agree, I remember mentioning to my old man that they have placed Rangers v Hibernian on the program. Stipulating that Rangers were the home team.

However my old man then pointed out the the picture of the Scottish cup on the program was placed after Hibernians name and this looked like we've won the cup.

Pete
16-09-2016, 09:42 PM
If you have the teams written on the plaque you got to do the score in the same order.

I would say this. It really depends on the layout though.

Sir David Gray
16-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Personally I don't care if we're listed first or not, we won the Scottish Cup! :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
16-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Is it 3-2? Is it 2-3?

All I know is that it's Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(I'm drunk just now :greengrin)

Buc
16-09-2016, 10:18 PM

I did the Hampden stadium and museum tour a few weeks ago and saw the real Scottish Cup😀😀. Rangers had the dressing room on the same side as their support. This happens to be the same dressing room that Scotland use. I can't remember which dressing room Queens Park use. The reason given for a Rangers end and a Celtic end is that that they are the ends nearest to the West and east of Glasgow so make it easier for the bulk of the supporters (historically) to get home.

Sir David Gray
16-09-2016, 10:22 PM
I did the Hampden stadium and museum tour a few weeks ago and saw the real Scottish Cup😀😀. Rangers had the dressing room on the same side as their support. This happens to be the same dressing room that Scotland use. I can't remember which dressing room Queens Park use. The reason given for a Rangers end and a Celtic end is that that they are the ends nearest to the West and east of Glasgow so make it easier for the bulk of the supporters (historically) to get home.

I wonder if Wembley has an Arsenal end and a Chelsea end or if Spain has a Real Madrid end and an Atletico Madrid end?

It's absolute nonsense that both ends of our national stadium are reserved for two particular clubs.

southern hibby
16-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Go for 2-3 that way history will always remember the glasga tramps were the home team which makes the win just that little bit more sweeter if such a thing is possible.

GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
16-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Check your photo of the cup itself, guaranteed it's written Rangers 2 Hibernian 3

The tickets were Rangers v Hibernian, to try and change it is madness. Every record of the day, anywhere, will have it like this.

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2016, 02:19 AM
Is this the Scottish Cup final game people are talking about?

erin go bragh
17-09-2016, 06:50 AM
Neutral venue 3-2 . However our famous new year humping of them . I always put as 0-7 .

Edson Arantes
17-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Is this the Scottish Cup final game people are talking about?

Aye, that glorious day when Liam Hendeson deeeelllivvveeerrrreeeddd!

Springbank
17-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Aye, that glorious day when Liam Hendeson deeeelllivvveeerrrreeeddd!

A question for any OCD history geeks out there (I am one myself, before anyone accuses me of language hehe) how many times in the last 10 years have the team in the "away" dressing room won the cup? I've a feeling its a lot.

and was it the first time Hibs had the away dressing room in the run of Scottish Cup Finals?

mutley
17-09-2016, 12:43 PM
I've just been in the Hibs shop, and on the framed photos, the order is Rangers 2-3 Hibernian.

If that helps !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
17-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Although we qualified first, rangers were the home team. This is because Rangers v celtic was the first semi final drawn even though it was played on the Sunday (for alcohol related reasons). The team from the first semi final is always the home team.
ergo 2-3