PDA

View Full Version : Referee tomorrow

Puddocky
16-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Is one Nick Walsh. Never heard of him before, could be inexperienced maybe nervy in front of a big crowd?

worcesterhibby
16-09-2016, 11:57 AM
could be intimidated into giving us some decisions for a change !

grunt
16-09-2016, 04:57 PM
http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/215129-the-nick-walsh-thread/&page=1

delbert
16-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Is one Nick Walsh. Never heard of him before, could be inexperienced maybe nervy in front of a big crowd?

In a few years time, Nick Walsh will be one of Scotland top refs

The_Horde
16-09-2016, 11:34 PM
In a few years time, Nick Walsh will be one of Scotland top refs

Would that be on actual ability or just judged to be by the people who make these decisions.

You know, the ones who send people like Willie Collum to really important matches abroad to make a total arse of us.

StevieCowan
17-09-2016, 06:59 AM
Would that be on actual ability or just judged to be by the people who make these decisions.

You know, the ones who send people like Willie Collum to really important matches abroad to make a total arse of us.

That's not how it works though, surely it's UEFA who choose who they want at finals and the Champs League. I'd imagine that they also have their own guys who watch the refs and assess them?

green day
17-09-2016, 07:36 AM

I know he is seen as controversial, but I watched a bit of the game Collum reffed midweek, and he was very good.

GlesgaeHibby
17-09-2016, 08:39 AM
I know he is seen as controversial, but I watched a bit of the game Collum reffed midweek, and he was very good.

Grudgingly, he also did well at the Euros.

hibee_girl
17-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Hopefully he won't be back

MyJo
17-09-2016, 03:53 PM
He was ******g useless

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Can't blame the ref for that defeat. Thought he did okay. It was totally down to us.

bingo70
17-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Can't blame the ref for that defeat. Thought he did okay. It was totally down to us.

Correct, think he got the red decision right as well.

Looked a wild tackle from where I sit

Pretty Boy
17-09-2016, 04:33 PM
He got the red spot on imo.

Other than that he was a bit whistle happy but I'd struggle to argue he cost us the game.

GlesgaeHibby
17-09-2016, 04:40 PM

Other than that he was a bit whistle happy but I'd struggle to argue he cost us the game.

Would like to see it again, as from where I was sat, at first glance it was never a red.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-09-2016, 04:41 PM
It was never a red. A yellow card would have been harsh!

SouthMoroccoStu
17-09-2016, 04:50 PM
It was never a red. A yellow card would have been harsh!

Too right!

Can't understand how a couple of .neters feel it was the right decision

Opinions eh?!

CapitalGreen
17-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Similar to the McGin red that was recinded last season.

lucky
17-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Not a red for me. Yellow yes but not a red. If anyone should have been sent off it was No16 he committed at least 7 fouls

Fife-Hibee
17-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Is it no aboot time these bassas got their c...s kicked in b4 they reached their car!! So boring nowadays :-)))

bingo70
17-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Too right!

Can't understand how a couple of .neters feel it was the right decision

Opinions eh?!

To me, it looked like he lost control and dived in with his foot up and over the ball. That's a dangerous tackle and always a red.

Also worth remembering, no .netter including myself had a great view of it as it was right in the middle of the pitch so a fair distance away from everyone. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt though it still looked extremely reckless.

DaveF
17-09-2016, 05:10 PM
To me, it looked like he lost control and dived in with his foot up and over the ball. That's a dangerous tackle and always a red.

Also worth remembering, no .netter including myself had a great view of it as it was right in the middle of the pitch so a fair distance away from everyone. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt though it still looked extremely reckless.

I agree. From the WU, it looked a stonewall red card and I don't think Bartley had much of a complaint either.

I thought the referee was fine. Played some good advantages and got most things right.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-09-2016, 05:12 PM

Also worth remembering, no .netter including myself had a great view of it as it was right in the middle of the pitch so a fair distance away from everyone. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt though it still looked extremely reckless.It was clumsy, that was it. No intent, no malice and he never had a bad foul all game before that. The ref would have done well to have a word, give Ayr a free kick then carry on.

JimBHibees
17-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Not a red for me. Yellow yes but not a red. If anyone should have been sent off it was No16 he committed at least 7 fouls

16 should have walked he was warned for a kick on McGinn first half and the eventually got yellow.

JimBHibees
17-09-2016, 05:19 PM

Agree we should have been able to see out 20 mins against Ayr even with 10 but 2 appalling goals.

Boyle89
17-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Similar to the McGin red that was recinded last season.

I said that to my dad. Need to see it again but looked unfair.

hibbysam
17-09-2016, 05:21 PM
What annoys me is the rule that only gives the centre half a booking when Shinnie is running through on their defence, not going get for the ball he just kicks Shinnie and stops the attack. Nowhere near the ball and should be a red card! He then booted Shinnie again two minutes later and didn't even get spoken to.