PDA

View Full Version : Lennon applying a bit of common sense

Radium
15-09-2016, 11:08 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/09/15/neil-lennon-bans-mobile-phones-training-ground-reveals-players-breaking-rules-will-fined-weeks-wages/?platform=hootsuite

Thought this was a fair article with bits that are new to me, seems to be concentrating on the football and setting some reasonable standards - just what you would hope for from the manager!

Hi Heid Yin
15-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Par for the course and what we'd expect to hear from Neil Lennon.
I particularly like his comment: " I don't think we're good enough to be complacent"
The QOS defeat should be a stark reminder that we will not have it all our own way and as the season pans out, one or two teams will, on their day, overcome us.

WhileTheChief..
16-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Another cracking interview from Lennon.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2016, 08:17 AM
I'm reading Alex Fergusons book Leading at the moment. There's a section in it where he mentions other managers he has spoken with or offered advice to, one of them is Neil Lennon.

That interview and the attitude he seems to be trying to put in place reads almost exactly like some of the rules and structures Ferguson had in place at Man Utd.

mjhibby
16-09-2016, 12:16 PM
It was the little things that fergie did that set him apart and set in place a fantastic team ethic. His first book is fascinating to see how he would boot up the derriere some players and put an arm round others. Lennon seems to be totally focussed and is setting standards which is great for grounding the players. Great to see in this day and age when the overpaid primadonnas coming off their air conditioned buses not talking to each other but with those ridiculous looking headphones that make them look like cybermen from doctor who.

Beefster
16-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Cue a rash of car break-ins at East Mains...

You can't be leaving anything expensive in an unoccupied car that close to Ormiston.

AndyM_1875
16-09-2016, 12:35 PM
It was the little things that fergie did that set him apart and set in place a fantastic team ethic. His first book is fascinating to see how he would boot up the derriere some players and put an arm round others. Lennon seems to be totally focussed and is setting standards which is great for grounding the players. Great to see in this day and age when the overpaid primadonnas coming off their air conditioned buses not talking to each other but with those ridiculous looking headphones that make them look like cybermen from doctor who.

Absolutely and Neil is totally correct here.

Phones are a major distraction as are these daft headphones. I want to see a Hibs team focused and determined, not distracted by nonsense.

hfcnic
16-09-2016, 12:35 PM
I was just reading it on the evening news site. I think its a bit of a non story. I am not allowed my phone at work either.

Bit harsh fining them a weeks wages. Is that even allowed?

hibsbollah
16-09-2016, 12:37 PM

You can't be leaving anything expensive in an unoccupied car that close to Ormiston.

I'd make them all have Nokia bricks. Leave your Iphone7 at home mate.

Northernhibee
16-09-2016, 12:55 PM

I actually thought it was a poor thing for Neil to disclose. I'd be raging if I was a player, just say that phones are banned from training and leave it like that.

BoomtownHibees
16-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Mowbray done the same if I recall correctly

Stevie Reid
16-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Good interview, and pleased with his rules - in particular, the one about no tweeting about the club. Always amazes me how many clubs let their players run riot on Twitter.

Lago
16-09-2016, 01:06 PM
I actually thought it was a poor thing for Neil to disclose. I'd be raging if I was a player, just say that phones are banned from training and leave it like that.
Why, he laid the rules down at the beginning of the summer, they are straigt forward & easy to understand. He hasn't named individuals so whats the big deal, they are there to do a job of work & are free at the end of the work day to catch up on their social media activities.

Northernhibee
16-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Why, he laid the rules down at the beginning of the summer, they are straigt forward & easy to understand. He hasn't named individuals so whats the big deal, they are there to do a job of work & are free at the end of the work day to catch up on their social media activities.

I'd be worried for my motor, really simply. All he needed to disclose were "Phones are banned from training" - it's just a small thing but I'd still be a bit peeved if I was a player.

Ozyhibby
16-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Phones were banned from the dressing room under Stubbs but the fine was only £10. Stokes was a multiple offender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunbar Hibee
16-09-2016, 03:08 PM
I'd be worried for my motor, really simply. All he needed to disclose were "Phones are banned from training" - it's just a small thing but I'd still be a bit peeved if I was a player.

:faf: Sure they'll be fine....:aok:

northstandhibby
16-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Good interview, and pleased with his rules - in particular, the one about no tweeting about the club. Always amazes me how many clubs let their players run riot on Twitter.

:top marks

Don't think too many players will have a problem with Mr Lennon's positive rule as it is for the benefit of them and the club.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
16-09-2016, 07:42 PM

It's up to the players if they bring their phones with them when they travel to training. They know they can't bring them inside the training centre and leaving them in their cars would be the only option.

Maybe some of them do leave them at home, Lennon's just assuming that they bring them with them and leave them in their cars.

Kojock
16-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Or maybe when they get to the car park they switch them off and put them in their coat/trouser pocket and put them in their locker. I'm sure Lennon doesn't pat them down as they come in.

16-09-2016, 07:54 PM
I'm not allowed my phone on me as i'm working (unless of course theres emergency circumstances where I need to be contactable). Same with them, East Main is a place for hard work, not a sociable chill out zone. I'm sure twitter etc can wait a few hours until the training session is over. `

Glad we have eradicated the lazy culture at hibs and we have a team and a manager that are committed to be professional and work hard. They are professional footballers, not a bunch of guys having a carry on in a sunday pub league team. We have suffered too badly in the past having players who were lazy, saw East Mains as a luxury chill out centre and were too precious to do a bit of hard graft.