PDA

View Full Version : Football pet hate

15-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Come on, we all have them :greengrin

Half and half scarves - WTF are all they about?! Fair enough for maybe glamerous one off games like when we played Barca a while back in a friendly but otherwise they really are the most ridiculous items. they were selling Half Man U Half Man city scarves out the game last week, bizzare!

Folk arriving late and everyone having to stand up, obstructing your view

Im sure there are plenty more but those are just two off the top of my head :greengrin

scuttle
15-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Players taking their shirt off when scoring, stupidity IMHO
Players who don't beat first man when taking a corner

WoreTheGreen
15-09-2016, 12:24 PM
The word footie does ma heid in

Lago
15-09-2016, 12:26 PM
People arriving late sitting for 5vor 10 mins then up & out to have pish, back then out again for a repeat after 30 mins or so. Does my head in.

brianmc
15-09-2016, 12:30 PM

Yep mine as well. You can add folk that call a penalty a pen to the list anaw. Just because some helmet on Sky says it, that doesn't make it acceptable.

tartanhibee
15-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Short sleeves and gloves.

Iain G
15-09-2016, 12:31 PM
People arriving late sitting for 5vor 10 mins then up & out to have pish, back then out again for a repeat after 30 mins or so. Does my head in.

People leaving early to beat the traffic, why miss the end of the game!?

hfcnic
15-09-2016, 12:33 PM
People leaving early to beat the traffic, why miss the end of the game!?

Or the ones that stand up to leave but then just wait on the stairs

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Referees who make over the top gestures when they make a decision.

People at the game who basically commentate on everything that's happening on the pitch for no apparent reason while the game is going on (especially annoying when what they are saying is so obviously wrong).

WoreTheGreen
15-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Assistant managers/coaches who point and shout exactley what the manager has just shouted just to look somewhat envolved

matty_f
15-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Referees who insist the ball is moved 2mm just to make it look like they're in charge, only for them to let a team take a free kick wherever they want moments later.

In fact, bad referees in general.

And Yams.

hfcnic
15-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Dunno why this one bothers me but I cringe a little every time this happens. When the goalie (of any team) is kicking the ball out and the crowd makes the whooooooaaaaaaaaayyyyyy noise :faf::faf:

WoreTheGreen
15-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Mark lawrencen the man who the term bellend was invented for

Dunbar Hibee
15-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Heavy handed stewards. People that kick the back of your chair. Hibs fans that shout and abuse the team til they are blue in the face but if another fan has the audacity to disagree with them or tell them to pipe down they go off and one and cause a scene.

.Sean.
15-09-2016, 01:19 PM
Heavy handed stewards. People that kick the back of your chair. Hibs fans that shout and abuse the team til they are blue in the face but if another fan has the audacity to disagree with them or tell them to pipe down they go off and one and cause a scene.
This you speaking fae experience :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2016, 01:19 PM
So called supporters who can't name the team or even tell you who "their" team are playing this week

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2016, 01:21 PM

Hey you, I played footie throughout my childhood :grr:

"Arrrr yer cummin out forra game o footie lad":greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
15-09-2016, 01:23 PM
This you speaking fae experience :greengrin

Hahaha course not mate. :na na::greengrin

Iain G
15-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Not clamping down on foul throws anymore.

Iain G
15-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Luminous and stupid brightly coloured football boots

bod
15-09-2016, 01:31 PM
people counting dots on an official site to see how many folk are going to watch a game of football

Stevie Reid
15-09-2016, 01:31 PM
TV cameras zooming in on celebrities and the commentator remarking on the fact that they're there (not counting ex-pros or current footballers in this).

Thinking in particular of Sky's constantly going back to Noel Gallagher and Russell Brand 9sat together) after every goal in a West Ham v Man City game last year. Utterly cringeworthy.

superfurryhibby
15-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Socks over the knee looking like some kind of man stockings. Not good.

Lancs Harp
15-09-2016, 01:36 PM
"undisclosed" transfer fees. What is that about?

JeMeSouviens
15-09-2016, 01:52 PM
People who go radge at every offside decision despite:

- they're not remotely in line
- they're pished
- they're decades behind with the rule tinkering

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Non contested bounced balls and giving the ball back to the opposition when they deliberately put it out to stop play for a player who clearly isn't seriously injured.

lord bunberry
15-09-2016, 01:56 PM
People who moan about other fans all the time. If someone arrives late I stand up and let them past, if they need a piss I do the same. I couldn't care less about what others are doing at the game. Things were much better when we didn't have to sit down.

Stevie Reid
15-09-2016, 02:02 PM
"undisclosed" transfer fees. What is that about?

To be fair, it's usually because the club in receipt of the transfer fee don't want other clubs to know how much money they have received, lest it hampers their next attempt to secure a player - i.e. making the team they're buying from raise the price in light of the money the buying club has just had come in.

I'm with you though, it is annoying!

Hamish
15-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Not clamping down on foul throws anymore.

This. Raith left back did it continuously last season in the 2-1 game at Kirkcaldy. (The lad does have a superb long throw on him) Also so called shielding of a ball going out of play when it is obviously not in playing distance.

snooky
15-09-2016, 02:14 PM
1) The hassle of getting tickets for a game instead of just paying at the gate.
2) Leaving your car to the mercy of local vandals.
3) Cheats (i.e. divers, injury feigners, cheap-shot merchants).
4) Black tights
5) Badge kissers
6) The fact that bad refereeing decisions never ever "even out over the season"
7) The fact the we don't have Sparky on our books
8) Stadiums named after sponsors. (e.g. Dunbarton)
9) Folk that list ten or more peeves on one post

Moulin Yarns
15-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Come on, we all have them :greengrin

Half and half scarves - WTF are all they about?! Fair enough for maybe glamerous one off games like when we played Barca a while back in a friendly but otherwise they really are the most ridiculous items. they were selling Half Man U Half Man city scarves out the game last week, bizzare!

Folk arriving late and everyone having to stand up, obstructing your view

Im sure there are plenty more but those are just two off the top of my head :greengrin

On the subject of half and half scarves, there was someone selling half and half pin badges at the cup final. REALLY?! who wants a Hibs and Rangers pin badge???

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Big screens :bitchy:

Fans, players and managers spend more time watching for themselves rather than concentrating on the game.

Bugs me beyond belief :crazy:

snooky
15-09-2016, 02:46 PM
On the subject of half and half scarves, there was someone selling half and half pin badges at the cup final. REALLY?! who wants a Hibs and Rangers pin badge???

Exactimondo.
East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet.

Colr
15-09-2016, 02:54 PM
When the caterers seem utterly unprepared for the increase in demand at half time.

Stale bagels at White Hart Lane

--------
15-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Exactimondo.
East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet.

:agree:

Yup. Let's not forget that goes for the Jambos and Soapdodgers as well .... :wink:

Hiber-nation
15-09-2016, 03:04 PM
Commentators who say "he just about kept that in" when a player actually does keep the ball in.

lyonhibs
15-09-2016, 03:19 PM
Short ****ing corners.

Onion
15-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Stuart Regan and the Huns, although not necessarily in that order.

Onion
15-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Ex players who say 'he was entitled to go down'.

BS44
15-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Players and teams that do some silly rehearsed goal celebration. Someone needs to tell Daniel Sturridge to stop doing that dance

Billychaotic182
15-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Our inability to take a good throw in. Nothing infuriates me more at games then seeing Stevenson standing there looking for options and no one makes a move for it.

Hibernia&Alba
15-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Diving and the fact that tackling is being removed from the game. A foul for showing studs, for example. How are you supposed to tackle without raising your foot?

snooky
15-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Our inability to take a good throw in. Nothing infuriates me more at games then seeing Stevenson standing there looking for options and no one makes a move for it.

:agree: It's been like that since Broonie left.

Callum7
15-09-2016, 03:42 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/rck8y1.jpg

half and half scarves are bad enough but half and half jumpers!

hfcnic
15-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Players and teams that do some silly rehearsed goal celebration. Someone needs to tell Daniel Sturridge to stop doing that dance

What is that! He does it all the time its awful

seven nowt
15-09-2016, 04:06 PM
My hamster hates when I stick a football up it's ass.

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Drunks, just stay in the ****ing pub.

hfcnic
15-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Drunks, just stay in the ****ing pub.

Ground would be empty :na na:

Thegreenside
15-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Short ****ing corners.

This times x100.... get it in the mixer

sleeping giant
15-09-2016, 04:28 PM

Took a pretty decent one in the lead up to winning the Scottish Cup.

Jonnyboy
15-09-2016, 04:31 PM

Add our seeming inability to properly mark when defending a throw in

greenlex
15-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Bogus injuries and "going down easy"

GreenLake
15-09-2016, 04:40 PM
There are not enough games to go to. I would like one home game and one away game per week. I need more football.

SRHibs
15-09-2016, 04:41 PM
Hoof ball

Carheenlea
15-09-2016, 04:42 PM
The abandonment of the 10 yard distance for walls lining up against free kicks.
10 paces from a referee is not 10 yards. To pace out 10 yards requires maybe 12 steps, and most walls are lucky if they are 9 yards from the free kick taker.

WhileTheChief..
15-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Players shaking hands before kick off.

Wee kids , other than 1 mascot, going on the pitch with players.

JE89
15-09-2016, 04:54 PM
When people shout for a back pass when the player has not deliberately passed to the keeper.

When people celebrate an offside goal without looking to the linesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hhibs
15-09-2016, 05:06 PM

No excuse for tardiness but some folk can't help themselves needing to go to the loo, prostate problems I am afraid.:flag:

Hezbelle
15-09-2016, 05:09 PM
The whole kind of fondness celtic have for hibs, it's always patronising, referring to us as wee celtic and feels like getting a pat on the head from ma big brother. Who wore the green and white first? Stop it.

heidtheba
15-09-2016, 05:23 PM
1 - people who try and popularise their own very naff songs and insist on trying to sing it throughout the match. Awkward.

2 - similar people who try and 'commentate' on the match. One very nasal guy behind me in the main stand in 94/95 has imprinted 'come on weeeee joooooowwwwweeee tooorrrrtollllllllllllllllllanooooooooooooooo' in my brain. I think I had a twitch by the end of that season.

But nothing in the world of sport gets up my nostrils as much as those faux-middle class 'jester' style multi-coloured, dinosaur spiked wee hats so beloved of rugby crowds. Does my nut in.

Over confidence before Hearts matches where we will 'pump them silly' only to usually not to that. I know that won't be popular on here but that's a killer for me.

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Referees who make over the top gestures when they make a decision.

People at the game who basically commentate on everything that's happening on the pitch for no apparent reason while the game is going on (especially annoying when what they are saying is so obviously wrong).

You must sit near me mate :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Commentators on the telly who have clearly been proved wrong by a replay but still don't correct themselves ... EG ooooh the ball hit him in the face there, when the replay clearly shows it hitting him on the knee.

The way Craig bloody Thomson holds his red and yellow cards at the very edge of his thumb and forefinger, dunno why but it does ma bloody heid in !!!

I had forgotten this one until somebody else mentioned it ..... Players who wear their socks over their knees. If ye want tae be a girly mate just buy a pair of lovely sheer nylons and a suspended belt and do it properly.

Folk who boo a defeat after a long run of wins ...... the Morton game last season being a case in point, I couldn't believe what I was hearing when the full time whistle went and folk started booing.

Awe the folk who are going to turn their back on the club if 'heaven forbid' we fail to go up this season :greengrin

therealgavmac
15-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Assistant managers/coaches who point and shout exactley what the manager has just shouted just to look somewhat envolved

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGk_skwxYHM

Keith_M
15-09-2016, 05:57 PM
I have three: T'Rangers, Celtc, Hearts... in that order

WoreTheGreen
15-09-2016, 06:13 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGk_skwxYHM

Great work sir crying with laughter

Ergye
15-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Craig Leveins beard.

WoreTheGreen
15-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Craig Leveins beard.

And Anne Budgie's

Ergye
15-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Ann Budges beard.

Galahibby
15-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Short sleeves and gloves.

Short sleeves with long sleeved under shirts. Why not just wear a long sleeved shirt?

Hertz fans doing that ridiculous scarf twirling thing.

Folk who just bitch and moan for 90 mins solid. Yes we're all entitled to our opinion but, if I hated watching Hibs as much as they seem to, I wouldn't waste such a large sums of money by continuing to go every week.

dalkeith stu
15-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Players that usher the ball out for a goal kick. If their not going to play the ball then surely it's obstruction!!!!

Fisherrow Harp
15-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Using the term nil-one to say the away team is one nil up, also pens or pen. Non football related I one heard some one say "LOL" on the bus in response to a humours comment their friend had said, my blood ran cold.😕

Ergye
15-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Anyone over the age of 16 who plays FIFA/Championship Manager/football computer/video games.

When a player is spoken of in the real world as a potential transfer target and these spotty, unsexed doinks chime in with "he's got great stats on Champ man", as if that counts for anything.

Old men moaning about what young men do.

Ann Budges beard.

WoreTheGreen
15-09-2016, 07:17 PM
CL kidding on he dissny pick the team and AB CL and the wee trampy looking guy's beards

killie-hibby
15-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Pundits.
Co commentators.
PA guys telling us to cheer/make a noise.
Music when a goal is scored.
Goal scorers doing stupid dances. Even worse when their team mates join in. Boakingly worse when they make it obvious a female partner has given birth by imitating a rocking cradle.
Easter Road being almost 70 miles from my house.
Games that dont KO at 3pm Saturdays or 7.30 pm on Wednesdays.

Dom'sFirstTouch
15-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Throw ins - why do we insist on our full backs taking them, even if that means waiting for them to trot up from half a pitch away? In the resultant delay everyone gets marked and we chuck it up the line to no one. Just pick it up, throw it quickly to someone in space and let's get on with it.

Short corners - do they ever result in anything except a cross attempted from a more difficult position than the corner itself? Normal corners are fine, just look at the Cup Final!

marleyhib
15-09-2016, 08:08 PM
How long it takes to get out, bring back standing.

The lack of a decent pint behind the goals.

Shearer on MOTD, everything is either world class or shocking, his pundetry and insight is the latter.

northstandhibby
15-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Standing waiting on the Police Steel Cordon being peeled back especially on a weeknight game.

:confused:

Mind you don't mind so much as long as we've won.

GGTTH

Eyrie
15-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Players going down at the slightest contact and pretending to be hurt.

PatHead
15-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Alan Preston
Defenders manhandling attackers at corners and getting away with it.
Know-all supporters who moan throughout the game. Bet they were **** when they were younger,

SRHibs
15-09-2016, 09:36 PM
How steep the East is. Pre-match pints make getting to/from my seat all the more risky!

basehibby
15-09-2016, 09:46 PM
The 5 minute brigade really get my goat - twice as many goals are scored in the last 5 mins of football matches than any of the preceding 5 min chunks, so these dip****s choose that moment to get up and stand in the way as they shuffle out. Get a later bus ya twongs!

Music played after goals is cheesy as well and Mark Lawrenson is an irredeemable arse.

But the thing that really makes my blood boil is morons who think it's clever to shout abuse and berate our own players for perceived weaknesses - as if that somehow proves their great intellectual mettle and knowledge of the game when all it does is undermine confidence and prove that they are clueless cretins with no class or self control.

Ell_Chrisso
15-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Diving

Scott Allan Key
15-09-2016, 10:09 PM

Ha. I got one of those after the game for the novelty value. It would still be a massive GIRUY on the lapel when winding up stray Orcs/Huns/Lumpenproletarians.

I hate it in Scottish football when players start heading it back and forward between defence and midfield, usually wildly inaccurately. No entertainment value and little skill like watching cavemen discover a sphere for the first time.

SuperAllyMcleod
15-09-2016, 10:12 PM
BT Sport persisting with Glen Hoddle as a pundit/co-commentator - he is so boring and obvious as well as being at least 2 mins behind play. He also has his own vocabulary - including "pen", "back stick", "up top" and other p*sh like that.

Also, players who commit a foul and then stand over the ball to prevent the free kick being taken quickly - Alex McDonald at Hertz was a master of that.

Time wasting - by any club! I'm fine with running the clock down when the ball is in play - that's a skill in itself - but just taking an age to get the ball back in play. It's time we reduced games to 80 minutes but also stopped the clock every time the ball goes out of play. That would stamp it out over night.

Smartie
15-09-2016, 10:20 PM
My hamster hates when I stick a football up it's ass.

I've just been chuckling at this for 5 minutes.

I've unfortunately had to explain to Mrs Smartie what I'm laughing at and she doesn't get it.

Baader
15-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Old Firm tops in Edinburgh and folk who make out they're 'big fans' because they watch them on television. Never been to a game in their lives.

Folk who sit in your seat then try to get you to sit somewhere else.

Galahibby
15-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Old Firm tops in Edinburgh and folk who make out they're 'big fans' because they watch them on television. Never been to a game in their lives.

It's really bad down here for that. They take the piss out of me for supporting Hibs, yet I've probably been to Ibrox and Parkheid more than most of them put together.

HappyAsHellas
15-09-2016, 11:18 PM
1 People who never show emotion at a game
2 People behind me who want me to sit down when it's an exciting bit of the game ( see 1 )
3 All our throw ins going to their centre half. (for 3 ****ing seasons now! - bring back Dazza)
4 Defenders who turn away when someone is going to shoot - man up ffs
5 Crosses not getting past the first man
6 People with more hair than me
7 Front and back of section 43 singing the same song with different timing
8 The raggedy edges in front of the east
9 Singing Stokesy's on fire - I don't give a flying one, he doesn't play for us
10 Boy down the front who always tells Lewis he's wuthering height
11 Players who wear luminous boots, socks above their knees, shirt tucked tightly inside their shorts - yeah Kenny Miller you twat, looking at the grass when they've royally screwed something up, squealing like a little girl when someone goes near them you hearts tramps, wear lots of stars above their badge you hun gits, defenders who can't clear a ball up the line without conceding a throw in, making a "come short" gesture before humping it 50 yards up the park, Thompson of St Midden high fiving with Goodwin the thug after crippling Hanlon and still getting on the telly 'cause he's a hun lover who got an EBT, and that celtic tramp yogi for breaking Bobby Duncan's leg back in the day.

silverhibee
15-09-2016, 11:52 PM
HT

snooky
16-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Loud music at HT.
I want to discuss the first half performance with my mate and all I hear is this modern crap played a a zillion decibels.
This REALLY does my head in.
Hey, Mr DJ, stfu.

HappyAsHellas
16-09-2016, 12:48 AM
Loud music at HT.
I want to discuss the first half performance with my mate and all I hear is this modern crap played a a zillion decibels.
This REALLY does my head in.
Hey, Mr DJ, stfu.

You should sit in the east as you can't hear a thing there.

SonOfDavidFrancey
16-09-2016, 06:41 AM
Commentators saying 'on xx minutes' rather than in the xxth minute'

ian cruise
16-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Or the ones that stand up to leave but then just wait on the stairs

I don't mind folk leaving early, it's there prerogative, but this grinds my gears. Either leave or watch the game.....

Caversham Green
16-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Music after goals has already been mentioned, but also those guys with huge flags that certain clubs place behind the goals - when the team scores they wave them mechanically. Clearly just doing their job rather than actually celebrating the goal.

JeMeSouviens
16-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Hibs fans who can't pronounce "Allez" and end up shoving in too many "alleys" to compensate. :rolleyes:

RyeSloan
16-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Players that usher the ball out for a goal kick. If their not going to play the ball then surely it's obstruction!!!!

People that don't understand that as long as the ball is in playing distance you are allowed to shield it with your body without committing obstruction [emoji12]

Folk that have pet hates...live and let live for goodness sake

Treadstone
16-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Players not ready to come on as a sub. Higher profile players especially bad for this. Is it really uncomfortable to wear boots and a shirt on a bench for 90 minutes.

Hamish
16-09-2016, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=SiMar;4819387]People that don't understand that as long as the ball is in playing distance you are allowed to shield it with your body without committing obstruction [emoji12]

And there are many times when it is not in playing distance and the defender gets away with it.

JDHibs
16-09-2016, 02:25 PM
1) Short corners. Get the ******* ball in the box.
1.5) Corners that dont beat the first man! IT ISNT DIFFICULT.
2) Throw in when nobody moves HELP THE GUY OUT.
3) Divers/Cheaters in general.
4) Hoof Ball
5) Seagulls. Sort it out Hibs!
6) Idiots that spend the full game berating the players and shouting abuse. No need.
7) People that get up and get a drink mid match, then spend every 5 mins going to the toilet..
8) People who shout "SHHHOOOOOOOOT" then when the player blazes it over "AWW FFS YOU'RE *****". Really?
9) Lists.

Nutmegged
16-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Players not ready to come on as a sub. Higher profile players especially bad for this. Is it really uncomfortable to wear boots and a shirt on a bench for 90 minutes.

You know this annoys the life out of me, it's got to a stage where I actually wonder if players are allowed to have their strip on while a substitute, you'd think you'd see one buck the trend but it seems to be the done and accepted thing, I've always imagined a more hard faced manager would make a player be ready for action bench or not.

McD
16-09-2016, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=SiMar;4819387]People that don't understand that as long as the ball is in playing distance you are allowed to shield it with your body without committing obstruction [emoji12]

And there are many times when it is not in playing distance and the defender gets away with it.

:agree: Yep definitely.

- defenders who kick, bump, bang, nudge, and otherwise foul opposition players, but throw themselves to the ground at a moments notice
- when refs automatically give a free kick when a goalie misses a punch in a crowd of bodies - it's not always a foul!
- John terry, Pepe, Marcelo, Ian black, zaliukas, Diego costa, Rooney, skacel, (there'll be many more)
- English commentators being blatantly biased towards England/English sides
- latecomers
- professional footballers who can't perform basic skills
- weak foot - why can't they practice and get better with their weaker foot?
- when players try to do things with the wrong foot because they have such a weak other foot
- injury time/time added on - more often than not seems arbitrary compared to number of substitutions, injuries etc and the time they've taken
- strikers who whine about being caught offside, which is really because they've sauntered back
- non black football boots
- effing tactical fouling. It's a form of cheating
- throw-ins that are never taken remotely close to where the ball went out, often because the player strolls up the touch line
- diving/going down under the faintest of touches - and the people who defend it
- teams that pass back and forth across the pitch whilst the opposition sit deep. Attacking team, do something different!
- free kicks in the opposition half that 1-3 passes later are at the goalies feet, who ends up humping it up the pitch anyway
- wingers who constantly cut inside
- centre mids who just constantly wall pass the ball back to the teammate who passed to them in the first place, putting them back into bother
- fans with a hatred of any one particular player, who is then automatically to blame for whatever went wrong

16-09-2016, 05:40 PM

Folk who sit in your seat then try to get you to sit somewhere else.

This. Knew of a couple folk when I was growing up whos parents were not into football therefore they weren't brought up with any particular team but latched onto one of the OF. Never been to a game in their lives but loved giving it big and gloating about "their" successes.

16-09-2016, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=Hamish;4819444]

- fans with a hatred of any one particular player, who is then automatically to blame for whatever went wrong

A guy used to sit behind me for years at ER (thankfully he moved/stopped going a couple years back) who loved having a player scapegoat and a particular player he could moan at. I remember Stevenson being his favourite. Nothing Stevenson could ever do was right for him. Stevenson could have had the game of his life, played like Messi, scored a hattrick and this guy would still have been calling him for everything, saying it wasn't good enough etc.

He sat behind me for years and I literally cannot recall a single positive thing he ever said about hibs, moan after moan after moan. It actually became a runing joke with me and my old man for a while it was that ridiculous.

Septimus
16-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Players stealing yards at throw ins.

WoreTheGreen
16-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Andy monotone Walker

Mon Dieu4
16-09-2016, 08:15 PM
The term Worldie

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Foreign players and managers who cover their mouths when talking to each other, epidemic in Spain. WTF is this new **** all about? :confused: :crazy:

Northernhibee
16-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Jim Traynor. Probably not a comedic suggestion or anything unexpected but man alive the boy is the epitome of every single thing that is wrong with Scottish Football.

northstandhibby
16-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Jim Traynor. Probably not a comedic suggestion or anything unexpected but man alive the boy is the epitome of every single thing that is wrong with Scottish Football.

:top marks

Hear Hear.

Jim Traynor lol. The mind boggles as to how that airdrieonian wind bag is taken seriously. Him and jackshun should be on stage as a comedy parody of journalism.

GGTTH

bingo70
16-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Folk in the crowd that need to verbalise every thought they have, it's usually the people that are talking ***** that seem to shout it the loudest.

That's not having a go at people shouting during games when something happens, it's the people that shout nonsense when nothing's happening that annoys me.

MichaelTheCelt
16-09-2016, 11:18 PM
The whole kind of fondness celtic have for hibs, it's always patronising, referring to us as wee celtic and feels like getting a pat on the head from ma big brother. Who wore the green and white first? Stop it.

Genuinely burst out laughing at that, the way your worded the bit in bold :greengrin

Eh tin hat on here :duck:

Phil MaGlass
17-09-2016, 06:55 AM
Beer farts, especially when yi huv a hangover from the previous night,

:jamboak:

NAE NOOKIE
17-09-2016, 10:18 AM
It's really bad down here for that. They take the piss out of me for supporting Hibs, yet I've probably been to Ibrox and Parkheid more than most of them put together.

Yeh, this area is pretty bad for OF hangers on ... one of the boozers in Gala ( the Reivers bar ) even has a room upstairs called the 'Paradise room' dedicated to Celtc where all the plastic paddys go to watch the game when they are on TV. Having said that it runs a Hibs bus to big games as well :greengrin

Forza Fred
17-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Foreign players and managers who cover their mouths when talking to each other, epidemic in Spain. WTF is this new **** all about? :confused: :crazy:

Simple..it's to prevent someone lip reading what they have said should the tv camera be on them....