PDA

View Full Version : Ian murray's comments in today's evening news

familyman
15-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Well I sure hope he is right,but remember this is football and it is embarrassing we have fallen at last hurdle in both of past two seasons... We have seen comments of over confidence by players backfire last year e.g. Falkirk play offs etc..so we can do without over confidence please, Neil Lennon is grafting hard I feel sure to ensure no such over confidence exists and sees that no matter what the opposition team is it is 3 points!!!! Remember James Collins comments at one time?
It is far too early for such comments as 'it's Hibs title to throw away.'..I hope he is right but this sort of article is not a help ...
If you were manager or player of Queen of The South or Dundee United I wonder what you think about it and if it will backfire on us when we play them..I hope not!!!!
We need to graft every week there is no alternative....
We do that and we get promoted...so lets just cut out this kind of article and get on with it!!!
We can be optimistic but realistic too...

Thecat23
15-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Well I sure hope he is right,but remember this is football and it is embarrassing we have fallen at last hurdle in both of past two seasons... We have seen comments of over confidence by players backfire last year e.g. Falkirk play offs etc..so we can do without over confidence please, Neil Lennon is grafting hard I feel sure to ensure no such over confidence exists and sees that no matter what the opposition team is it is 3 points!!!! Remember James Collins comments at one time?
It is far too early for such comments as 'it's Hibs title to throw away.'..I hope he is right but this sort of article is not a help ...
If you were manager or player of Queen of The South or Dundee United I wonder what you think about it and if it will backfire on us when we play them..I hope not!!!!
We do that and we get promoted...so lets just cut out this kind of article and get on with it!!!

As he's no connection to Hibs and speaking as a fan I think it's safe to say most of us think we will win it. I'd be astounded if we don't. Won all our league games so far I'm more than optimistic I'm 100% confident we will piss it!

Time we actually stopped fearing the worst and believe in ourselves!

Stevie Reid
15-09-2016, 10:53 AM

If this came from a current player or member of coaching staff then I could understand your concerns - but it didn't.

andrew70
15-09-2016, 10:56 AM
As he's no connection to Hibs and speaking as a fan I think it's safe to say most of us think we will win it. I'd be astounded if we don't. Won all our league games so far I'm more than optimistic I'm 100% confident we will piss it!

Stubbs started the job, Lennon will finish it. He will ensure we do it. Simple as that.

Mikey09
15-09-2016, 11:04 AM

This!! Lennon will instill this in the squad... We all have to do the same.

Oscar T Grouch
15-09-2016, 11:12 AM
I just read the article and I can't see him mention Hibs. Just about what it's like being out of football. Have I missed the article the OP was talking about? It was dated today?

Whatever Murray said he's got no connection to Hibs so how do we cut out this sort of article? Ask the papers and media to ignore any comments about Hibs unless they come from within the club?

PeeJay
15-09-2016, 12:13 PM
I just read the article and I can't see him mention Hibs. Just about what it's like being out of football. Have I missed the article the OP was talking about? It was dated today?

Whatever Murray said he's got no connection to Hibs so how do we cut out this sort of article? Ask the papers and media to ignore any comments about Hibs unless they come from within the club?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/ian-murray-it-s-hibs-title-to-throw-away-1-4230441

15-09-2016, 12:20 PM

I think its important to strike the right balance between believing in ourselves and having a bit of swagger and getting over cocky.

I agree, a bit of swagger and confidence has been something badly lacking in past hibs teams but lets not turn into hearts where we get so insufferably arrogant and start thinking we are suddenly world beaters. So far so good this season but theres a hell of a long way to go and as the OP said, we have seen in the past how comments can come back to bite us on the arse. Hope the players just leave the talking for n the pitch.

Greencore
15-09-2016, 12:24 PM
"I'm an MP"

Jim44
15-09-2016, 12:29 PM
The sort of things Murray says should go in one ear and out the other. The only thing I'm concerned about is how our players react to.our first defeat. :cb

SkintHibby
15-09-2016, 12:31 PM
The sort of things Murray says should go in one ear and out the other. The only thing I'm concerned about is how our players react to.our first defeat. :cb

Exactly!!! Nail on head.:agree:

HibsNutter
15-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Who cares if comments backfire? The player in question will get a bit of a slagging on soclai media, who gives a fu**. We are trying to create a winning mentality and that's the most important thing.

Obviously Murray doesn't come into this but I want to hear positive messages from inside the club.

matty_f
15-09-2016, 12:39 PM

We bounced back with a 4-0 win, IIRC.

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 12:42 PM

I think the Dunfermline game was the first game after the QoS game, might be wrong though.

matty_f
15-09-2016, 12:46 PM
I think the Dunfermline game was the first game after the QoS game, might be wrong though.

You're probably right. We won, anyway. :greengrin

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 12:48 PM

Exactly.

:cb

Jim44
15-09-2016, 12:49 PM

I was obviously talking about our next defeat.

Liam978
15-09-2016, 12:52 PM

I,m never confident when I read these articles, same last night when David Hardie was going on about records there to be broken, god i'm glad there are some on here help buck me up GGTTH.

eastcoasthibby
15-09-2016, 01:04 PM

Really can't see how "it is safe to say most think we will win it", although each to their own views, and as "for pissing it" ? let's wait til March to see if that's the case. There is a balance to be had about having confidence and being over confident...the former is the best way in my view ....we are already a target for every team without exuding a greater confidence than is legitimate. I think we would all love to think we can " piss it" but there is a long long way to go and every game is a difficult game .. we are not firing on all cylinders and free scoring enough to be over confident at this time ..Dumbarton game just re-emphasizes how difficult this season will be ! I agree with the previous post, let's stop hyping ourselves up, because we all know how easy it is to be shot down ....one game at a time and go from there, our biggest challenge will be to see how we respond on the park when we lose ! GGTTH

Thecat23
15-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Really can't see how "it is safe to say most think we will win it", although each to their own views, and as "for pissing it" ? let's wait til March to see if that's the case. There is a balance to be had about having confidence and being over confident...the former is the best way in my view ....we are already a target for every team without exuding a greater confidence than is legitimate. I think we would all love to think we can " piss it" but there is a long long way to go and every game is a difficult game .. we are not firing on all cylinders and free scoring enough to be over confident at this time ..Dumbarton game just re-emphasizes how difficult this season will be ! I agree with the previous post, let's stop hyping ourselves up, because we all know how easy it is to be shot down ....one game at a time and go from there, our biggest challenge will be to see how we respond on the park when we lose ! GGTTH

I'd bet anything you like more Hibs fans think we will win the championship than those who don't!

We will have the odd stumble I suspect which is normal but we will dominate this league under Lennon.

Edson Arantes
15-09-2016, 03:02 PM

Precisely. :thumbsup:

SonOfDavidFrancey
15-09-2016, 03:05 PM
No championship is ever plain sailing and the moment you start to think the job is done is when things start to go wrong. A lot of good management needed to maintain momentum through a long season.

Wilson
15-09-2016, 04:13 PM

You are wrong.

The hype comes with being hibernian fc in this division.

We have the most resources and we have put together the squad to win this championship. There is no getting away from it.

Nobody is going to hand us the league but we have to approach it with that sense of entitlement.

There is no sense in approaching it with any kind of fear or false humility. We are hibernian fc and we are going up as champions.

PatHead
15-09-2016, 05:21 PM
We will the championship comfortably. Not being overconfident just feel we have the best squad by a country mile. Dundee utd and falkirk ave also given us a head start.

Jim44
15-09-2016, 10:13 PM
We will the championship comfortably. Not being overconfident just feel we have the best squad by a country mile. Dundee utd and falkirk ave also given us a head start.

I think we all inwardly feel this to a greater or lesser degree, but the whole point of this thread is that high profile folk who have a public voice through the media shouldn't be putting it out there for us to be shot down in flames, if and when things go tits-up.

Sir David Gray
15-09-2016, 10:41 PM

Our first defeat of the season was at home to Brondby, we bounced back with a win against them in Denmark, 1-0. :wink:

jacomo
15-09-2016, 11:07 PM
"I'm an MP"

Not that one!

:faf:

Swedish hibee
16-09-2016, 12:15 AM
We got beat by QOTS a few weeks back.. so they can all 'talk the talk' all they want to, but until it's mathematically done- You won't hear a peep outta me!

greenlex
16-09-2016, 02:21 AM
Neil Lennon- " it's a good start but that's all it is".

SRHibs
16-09-2016, 02:27 AM
I'd be surprised to see us lose more than 1-2 games this season. What are the odds for us to go unbeaten in the league?

Nameless
16-09-2016, 06:38 AM
The players and management are obliged to be realistic.

Fans are obliged to dream of glory, and hope for the best.

We are going to skoosh this league....I hope.

ian cruise
16-09-2016, 06:40 AM

No point talking about next season just now :wink:

matty_f
16-09-2016, 07:31 AM

Our second defeat, you mean? :greengrin

lucky
16-09-2016, 07:58 AM
I'm confident that we will romp this league and believe we have a good chance of going unbeaten. Who will lose first Man City, Celtic or Hibs?

Jim44
17-09-2016, 07:07 PM

Exactly!!! Nail on head.:agree:

Precisely. :thumbsup:

After today we'll soon find out the answer. When I was a kid, skoosh was what we called lemonade.