PDA

View Full Version : Whats the feeling down at Easter Road?

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 12:28 AM
Alright lads,
I don't always get time to have a wee gander at the forum and check out what your opinions are so forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere. I've not seen it.

So how are you's feeling with Lenny so far? 5 games in the league 5 games won, good start. Everyone is expecting Hibs to win the league, and I know its soo early on to ask but surely you's must be thinking of the possibilities next season? A rejuvenated Hibs back in the top flight with a title winning manager, it's all on the up for The Hibees.

Personally I would like to see you's have the league wrapped up as soon as possible, so Lenny can turn an eye towards next season. :aok:

So... thoughts?

greenlex
15-09-2016, 02:27 AM
My thoughts are we don't call him Lenny here and to be honest I'm wondering WTF you are up to.

Ergye
15-09-2016, 02:27 AM
The feeling is great this week having watched both Rantic and Celgers getting skelped.

Magnifique
15-09-2016, 03:12 AM
Welcome, your thoughts are pretty much mines too.

Brooster
15-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Lenny?

Smartie
15-09-2016, 06:37 AM
I like him.

Exactly what we needed for the job we want to do this year.

The team has a good bit more steel about it which is precisely what we lacked previously. I like that they do what is necessary to win games rather than be content knocking the ball around nicely whilst dropping points.

No need for hostility to the OP who asked a reasonable question in a reasonable way (even if it was tinged with that slightly patronising chummy Celtic stuff. Even so, much preferable to Sevconian antagonism).

At least he's not hanging effigies around the place.

Waxy
15-09-2016, 06:50 AM
You should be more concerned about Rodgy shouldnt you?

jacomo
15-09-2016, 06:51 AM
My thoughts are we don't call him Lenny here and to be honest I'm wondering WTF you are up to.

The guy has declared his hand as a Celtc supporter. Any need?

To answer the OP - exiting Europe and LC at first stage obviously disappointing, but those have been largely forgotten. We all now what the first priority is this season.

I was excited by Lennon's appointment and so far he's delivering exactly what was expected.

Next season feels a long way away though.

ronaldo7
15-09-2016, 07:06 AM
He'll do for me. Knows how to change a game, and gives the players pelters when they need it.

Hope you've not put the kibosh on our run though.

AndyM_1875
15-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Hi Michael, the UEFA and League Cup exits were disappointing but basically it's all about the League. Like many Hibs fans I want it wrapped up ASAP and we have started well but there is a long way to go.
I like what Neil Lennon is doing with the club and his leadership of it. He looks rejuvenated and happy on a personal level.

We're not missing your pals from Govan either, that will no doubt keep for a year.

greenlex
15-09-2016, 07:52 AM
The guy has declared his hand as a Celtc supporter. Any need?
Possibly not but he asked for my thoughts so got them.

killie-hibby
15-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Alright lads,
I don't always get time to have a wee gander at the forum and check out what your opinions are so forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere. I've not seen it.

So how are you's feeling with Lenny so far? 5 games in the league 5 games won, good start. Everyone is expecting Hibs to win the league, and I know its soo early on to ask but surely you's must be thinking of the possibilities next season? A rejuvenated Hibs back in the top flight with a title winning manager, it's all on the up for The Hibees.

Personally I would like to see you's have the league wrapped up as soon as possible, so Lenny can turn an eye towards next season. :aok:

So... thoughts?

Thoughts?? I think this thread is unnecessary. If you are really interested in what Hibs Net members are thinking,you need to make changes to your lifestyle thus allowing time to have more than a "wee gander" What makes you so important to request us to provide you with information that is freely available on your own device.?

jacomo
15-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Hi Michael, the UEFA and League Cup exits were disappointing but basically it's all about the League. Like many Hibs fans I want it wrapped up ASAP and we have started well but there is a long way to go.
I like what Neil Lennon is doing with the club and his leadership of it. He looks rejuvenated and happy on a personal level.

We're not missing your pals from Govan either, that will no doubt keep for a year.

This is an important point.

He seems to be happy settled in Scotland again and there was a fondness for Hibs there before he was approached for the job.

Obviously not claiming he is a life-long Hibby or anything like that, but he seems to understand the club at an emotional as well as professional level.

Still wouldn't be surprised if he returns to Celtc for a 2nd stint some day.

Salt N Sauzee
15-09-2016, 07:56 AM
Thoughts?? I think this thread is unnecessary. If you are really interested in what Hibs Net members are thinking,you need to make changes to your lifestyle thus allowing time to have more than a "wee gander" What makes you so important to request us to provide you with information that is freely available on your own device.?

Raging.

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 07:58 AM

Asking a question, I thought I was explicitly clear about that in my original post. Don't you have friends or acquaintance who support different teams that you talk to about football? or does talking to supporters of other clubs raise an issue with you?

The feeling is great this week having watched both Rantic and Celgers getting skelped.

Aye but in regards to Hibs though, how are you feeling with your own team?

Lenny?

Lenny short for Lennon (your manager by the way) you know like a nickname, for example, Michael-Mick, Robert-Rab, Thomas-Tam, etc

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 08:10 AM

Thought you's were really unlucky to go out on penalties to Brondby and was really surprised at the League cup exit, early days obviously. I was saying to my pal I'd like to avoid Hibs in any cup competition, Lennon will get a real grit and determination in the Hibs team I think, something that has been missing for years.

Thought there would have been more transfer dealings between Celtic and Hibs i.e. Commons & Mulgrew and maybe a youngster on two going your way.

Yeah you sure showed me.

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 08:15 AM
I like him.

Exactly what we needed for the job we want to do this year.

The team has a good bit more steel about it which is precisely what we lacked previously. I like that they do what is necessary to win games rather than be content knocking the ball around nicely whilst dropping points.

No need for hostility to the OP who asked a reasonable question in a reasonable way (even if it was tinged with that slightly patronising chummy Celtic stuff. Even so, much preferable to Sevconian antagonism).

At least he's not hanging effigies around the place.

That's what I was thinking as I said in another post Lennon will make Hibs tough to beat, got a ruthlessness about them now, well so far anyway.

Last thing I wanted to do was come across like that, apologies.

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 08:19 AM
I really don't understand folk who read & post on the forums of teams they don't support.

Weird behaviour imo.

HappyAsHellas
15-09-2016, 08:27 AM
If they're open and up front about it why not? They're obviously football fans. As long as it doesn't descend into some petty slagging match.

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 08:29 AM
I really don't understand folk who read & post on the forums of teams they don't support.

Weird behaviour imo.

Go on give it a try, live on the edge man.

Drumlanrig
15-09-2016, 08:34 AM
If they're open and up front about it why not? They're obviously football fans. As long as it doesn't descend into some petty slagging match.

Spot on!

The bloke asked a perfectly decent question in a reasonable way and he gets replies like a 5 year old would give!

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Go on give it a try, live on the edge man.

I couldn't give a single **** about how supporters of other clubs are 'feeling' about their season so far, though. So I'll pass, thanks.

Gatecrasher
15-09-2016, 08:35 AM

Weird behaviour imo.

I sometimes have a read of other teams forums, it's interesting to see how other teams support see things compared to us. There's no harm in it.

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 08:44 AM
I sometimes have a read of other teams forums, it's interesting to see how other teams support see things compared to us. There's no harm in it.

Yeah I read some Rangers forums when I want a laugh.
I read some premier league club forums because its fascinating to see diddy clubs get a bit of money and their fans turn into billy big boots.

And I've checked out Hibs.net for years finally decided to sign up, really don't see how posting and asking questions is such a problem. I've spoken to Hibs fans in pubs and its never a problem asking them about their team and vice versa. People tend to fling S*i*e at each other on the internet though because of the anonymity and the safety of being behind a computer screen.

Greencore
15-09-2016, 08:51 AM
I call him Lenny on here... Am I not allowed too?

Okay sorry, Neily it is then.

Dunbar Hibee
15-09-2016, 08:52 AM
:faf: Hard morning at the graft Sean? :greengrin

Ergye
15-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Aye but in regards to Hibs though, how are you feeling with your own team?

I'd like to see the 100% league record improved upon. Frankly it's not good enough.

Smartie
15-09-2016, 08:55 AM
I couldn't give a single **** about how supporters of other clubs are 'feeling' about their season so far, though. So I'll pass, thanks.

I'm quite interested to hear how the The Rangers fans "felt" at 3pm on Saturday.

Anyone got any idea?

Should I go on a Rangers website? Buy the Daily Record?

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 08:57 AM
I'd like to see the 100% league record improved upon. Frankly it's not good enough.

:rotflmao: touché, living up to your avatar I see.

Itsnoteasy
15-09-2016, 08:58 AM

Weird behaviour imo.

I think you will find some netters also doing it. Asking about possible new signings, previous managers etc.

Gatecrasher
15-09-2016, 08:59 AM
anyway to answer the original question, we are 100% in the league, crowds are up and Lennon has made the tweaks that Stubbs wouldn't/couldn't. We just need to keep the momentum up and hopefully have a heathy lead by Christmas.

Itsnoteasy
15-09-2016, 09:00 AM
Yeah I read some Rangers forums when I want a laugh.
I read some premier league club forums because its fascinating to see diddy clubs get a bit of money and their fans turn into billy big boots.

And I've checked out Hibs.net for years finally decided to sign up, really don't see how posting and asking questions is such a problem. I've spoken to Hibs fans in pubs and its never a problem asking them about their team and vice versa. People tend to fling S*i*e at each other on the internet though because of the anonymity and the safety of being behind a computer screen.

You carry on mate.

Just don't ask me for a game of HANGMAN.

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 09:00 AM
I think you will find some netters also doing it. Asking about possible new signings, previous managers etc.

Don't care who does it. It's still weird behaviour imo and I'll never understand it.

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 09:03 AM
You carry on mate.

Just don't ask me for a game of HANGMAN.

:hilarious
Aye those dolls were in poor taste not going to try and defend that.

Itsnoteasy
15-09-2016, 09:04 AM
:hilarious
Aye those dolls were in poor taste not going to try and defend that.

Dolls? I guess you couldnae catch the real thing on the day

Bostonhibby
15-09-2016, 09:22 AM
I'm quite interested to hear how the The Rangers fans "felt" at 3pm on Saturday.

Anyone got any idea?

Should I go on a Rangers website? Buy the Daily Record?

The rangers website? Daily record? Two cheeks, same erse.

Remember everyone, its celtc. Without the I [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Johnny_Leith
15-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Impressed by the start in the league and the Europa league performances. Less so impressed with the league cup performance.

It's going to be a hard season with us being the main scalp for most clubs however we have manager with experience of a similar situation and as long as he gets us promoted this season then he'll be deemed a success.

Seems to have signed quite well and hopefully we can do well in the Scottish again, would love a repeat of May! All in all, a promising start to life at Hibs for eh, Lenny.

--------
15-09-2016, 09:46 AM

My thoughts too - I do so love it when the Soapdodgers come slumming down Leith.

I think he's needing to rebuild his self-esteem after the 'rodgering' Barca gave his team, so he's come on here to patronise us.

Only 'Lenny' I know was a lion in a kids' comic about 60 years ago.

Not In The Know
15-09-2016, 09:49 AM
i'd like to think that adult debate and conversation (including with other teams fans) helps differentiate Hibs.net from other teams forums.

Highland_Hibee
15-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Alright lads,

So... thoughts?

Hi Michael

Ignore some posters here, we have many who just love to kick off whenever the chance arrises. I struggle to see them reacting the same way if a well meaning opposing fan asked the same question down the pub.

As for your question I'm happy that Lennon has been able to come in and immediately show our intentions. Those expected to challenge us haven't had the best of starts so we need to keep the pressure on them.

LC defeat was disappointing but I'm just glad we got straight back to winning in the league.

Lennon has brought in what appear to be solid signings that will all bring something to make us stronger.

Early days but it's hard not to be a happy Hibee right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 10:59 AM
Hi Michael

Ignore some posters here, we have many who just love to kick off whenever the chance arrises. I struggle to see them reacting the same way if a well meaning opposing fan asked the same question down the pub.

As for your question I'm happy that Lennon has been able to come in and immediately show our intentions. Those expected to challenge us haven't had the best of starts so we need to keep the pressure on them.

LC defeat was disappointing but I'm just glad we got straight back to winning in the league.

Lennon has brought in what appear to be solid signings that will all bring something to make us stronger.

I don't get this argument.

Easily turn it round and ask would you go into a really busy pub that is specifically for the supporters of a specific football club (that you don't support) to talk football?

Just makes no sense to me.

SRHibs
15-09-2016, 11:03 AM

Easily turn it round and ask would you go into a really busy pub that is specifically for the supporters of a specific football club (that you don't support) to talk football?

Exactly. Going onto the PieandBovril (which houses fans from every Scottish league) and having a debate is more akin to the pub argument. Sycophantic opposition fans on Hibs.net are just cringeworthy - and that's the only way a Rantic/Hearts fan will be accepted here; any hostility and they're binned.

Each to their own eh.

WeeRussell
15-09-2016, 11:05 AM
To be fair, his chat has been easier on the eye than a lot of the garbage that gets posted regularly on these boards!

I still *****ing hate Celtic though :greengrin

GreenPJ
15-09-2016, 11:07 AM

Is that what Hibs.net is, only for Hibs fans?

Stevie Reid
15-09-2016, 11:11 AM
What an awful, awful thread (excluding the OP and the reasonable responses, that is). Absolutely no need for the hostility towards someone looking for some conversation about Hibs.

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Is that what Hibs.net is, only for Hibs fans?

I don't run the site but I'm not sure why supporters of any other clubs would be especially drawn to it... it's called hibs.net after all.

Which goes back to my original point... weird behaviour.

GreenPJ
15-09-2016, 11:18 AM
I don't run the site but I'm not sure why supporters of any other clubs would be especially drawn to it... it's called hibs.net after all.

Aye but he/she came on to talk about Hibs and gauge Hibs fans view on our chances ???????????????

MrSmith
15-09-2016, 11:20 AM
What an awful, awful thread (excluding the OP and the reasonable responses, that is). Absolutely no need for the hostility towards someone looking for some conversation about Hibs.

Couldn't agree more!

Hi Michael,

I've never been a fan of Neil Lennon and was very surprised to see him named our new manager. I have sleighted him on a few occassions as I felt he was part of the sectarian problem at one point. However, I have not commented on his appointment or management style until now and boy how wrong and humble do i feel!? I'm delighted for him and the team and how he has brought a new strength of character to the club as a whole which has brought (imo) us all back together with real purpose and excitement :)

Highland_Hibee
15-09-2016, 11:22 AM

I was referring more to meeting someone with animosity just because they reveal they support someone else. The pub was just an easy scenario.

I agree it's not something I totally understand either but if he's just asking a well meaning question where is the harm?

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Aye but he/she came on to talk about Hibs and gauge Hibs fans view on our chances ???????????????

I'm fully aware of that. I just think it's weird. Just as I'd think it was weird if it was a Hibs fan posting on another team's forum.

As I've said numerous times on this thread.

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 11:26 AM
I was referring more to meeting someone with animosity just because they reveal they support someone else. The pub was just an easy scenario.

I agree it's not something I totally understand either but if he's just asking a well meaning question where is the harm?

I've never said there's any harm in it... just that I think it's weird.

ian cruise
15-09-2016, 11:32 AM
We've had a few posters on here before who weren't Hibs fans, such as Van Nish telroy as long as they are upfront about it and they aren't causing trouble I've no problem with it.

A lot of Celtic, sorry Celc, fans still feel a great affinity towards Neil and want him to succeed, much like many of our fans and Stubbs. It's no harm that someone wants to gauge the fans mood as results don't always tell the full story. After getting Hearts promoted and sitting 3rd in the league there were groups of yams wanting Neilson out but if you were just going by results and not word of mouth from the fans.

To answer the question:
Lennon = good
Celtic = bad

Beefster
15-09-2016, 11:32 AM

One of my work colleagues supports Celtc but sometimes he likes have a chat about Hibs with me. When he tries that, I punch him in the coupon, piss on his leg and call him a weirdo.

Highland_Hibee
15-09-2016, 11:36 AM
I've never said there's any harm in it... just that I think it's weird.

You didn't but the immediate hostility from some says they do.

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 11:41 AM
My lecturer is actually a Hibs supporter and when we were talking football yesterday, upon finding out what teams we both support we proceeded to strangle each other in the middle of the classroom until a Rangers fan with dignity and courage separated us both and saved the day...

Hi Michael

Aye his signings have been great so far eh? something he got right at Celtic too, great to see him working well on a tighter budget, a lot of people maybe thought he was only doing good as manager cause he had the funds at Celtic but he'll prove everyone wrong this season, still early days I know.

Couldn't agree more!

Hi Michael,

I've never been a fan of Neil Lennon and was very surprised to see him named our new manager. I have sleighted him on a few occassions as I felt he was part of the sectarian problem at one point. However, I have not commented on his appointment or management style until now and boy how wrong and humble do i feel!? I'm delighted for him and the team and how he has brought a new strength of character to the club as a whole which has brought (imo) us all back together with real purpose and excitement :)

I'm glad Lennon has changed your opinion mate, was interesting to see at the time your fans reactions to him signing on to be your manager. We're obviously going to disagree on his role in regards to the sectarian problem in Glasgow, but yeah I understand alot of fans across Scotland hated him with a passion when he was at Celtic. He's a really passionate and driven guy and he knows what Hibs are all about, without coming across as patronising but Hibs should be in the big league and I think next season is going to be really interesting, Lennon at Hibs and as much as I can't stand either of Neilson and McInnes or their clubs I think its only great for top flight Scottish football with good managers.

3pm
15-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Some angry folk about. :greengrin

andrew70
15-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Michael more than welcome on here...we even had a resident Hun a while ago. Pre 2012 ,I think, he may have ceased with his club anyway I digress.

Lennon (please no more Lenny) is a cracking manager, he was at Celtic where he received next to no praise and the job he done at Bolton was steady if unremarkable but the conditions he was working under were atrocious to say the least.

he's come in and addressed the issues we had under Stubbs...so far...his signings have fitted in well and brought a different dimension to the playing squad.

I fully believe we'll win this league at a canter. I know he won't let the players think like this though and that's exactly why we will do it. He won't stand for any nonsense or poor results and whilst performance is a factor he will ensure the job is done.

Under Stubbs (hero, legend for that cup win) but we often flattered to deceive and he seemed to accept that and in my opinion molly-coddled the players somewhat but in the end who cares he won us the cup. :hibees

Lennon though brings that little bit extra steel, determination and know-how which will get us over the line.

KeithTheHibby
15-09-2016, 12:49 PM

So should we just talk about Hibs all the time?!

Infact the guy came on and was making a genuine point about Hibs....

Baldy Foghorn
15-09-2016, 01:03 PM

Weird behaviour imo.

Correct:aok:

Never understood Hibs fans going on keekback or follow follow, then moaning about the content.

Speedway
15-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Alright lads,

So... thoughts?

Hi Michael,

I felt that the appointment of Lennon was a particularly ambitious move by our club.

Some of the football we've played has been impressive, some less so, not sure what else we could expect.

He comes across very well and without having to get 'persevered' tattooed on his arse cheeks. (we lap up the managers who tell us how much they 'get' Hibs and forgive them their crimes)

Lennon appears to be clinical about getting wins and going up which is exactly what we need. I don't like his celebrity status much and I don't like his interviews with national media outlets being about Celtic but it's only to be expected I suppose.

Still early days, but the signings are good and the team looks hungry.

killie-hibby
15-09-2016, 01:14 PM
Some angry folk about. :greengrin

I hope Michael becomes a regular contributer on Hibs Net. In this instance he annoyed me by asking to be spoon fed re netters opinions. Quite easily he could have gauged opinions by opening and reading the appropriate threads. When presenting written work to his tutor,I would be very surprised if he said "I've only had time for a wee gander on the subject, would you do me a favour and put in what I've missed out. "
Umpteen times Hibs netters come on here saying, "Oh, I've been away on holiday, anything happening." Aye,plenty,all you have to do is open and read the threads. Why should I do it for you. Cant you read. Do you like being dependant on others. Your a lazy b-----d. I'm getting angry.Better stop before I go into a rage. Two minutes ago I was only annoyed!!!:confused:

AndyM_1875
15-09-2016, 01:23 PM
a Rangers fan with dignity and courage separated us both and saved the day...

HEH!:greengrin

It's amazing what selective quotations minus the sarcasm can leave you believing :faf:

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 01:28 PM
I hope Michael becomes a regular contributer on Hibs Net. In this instance he annoyed me by asking to be spoon fed re netters opinions. Quite easily he could have gauged opinions by opening and reading the appropriate threads. When presenting written work to his tutor,I would be very surprised if he said "I've only had time for a wee gander on the subject, would you do me a favour and put in what I've missed out. "
Umpteen times Hibs netters come on here saying, "Oh, I've been away on holiday, anything happening." Aye,plenty,all you have to do is open and read the threads. Why should I do it for you. Cant you read. Do you like being dependant on others. Your a lazy b-----d. I'm getting angry.Better stop before I go into a rage. Two minutes ago I was only annoyed!!!:confused:

Part of the point of this thread was to have a back and forth with Hibs fans on here about Hibs...believe it or not.

I could go and read match day threads or a news conference thread get a general idea then log out having not engaged in conversation with anyone, but it makes more sense to me, to open a thread where I can specifically read and reply to things such as, results, players, signings, feelings and Neil Lennon.

I get the impression the hostility is because I support Celtic, fair enough doesn't bother me. I'm here talking about Hibs.

So seeing as I have quoted you.

Jason Cummings, do you think with Lennon as the manager he will be able to keep him for another season with you's in the premiership next year?

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Hi Michael,

I felt that the appointment of Lennon was a particularly ambitious move by our club.

Some of the football we've played has been impressive, some less so, not sure what else we could expect.

He comes across very well and without having to get 'persevered' tattooed on his arse cheeks. (we lap up the managers who tell us how much they 'get' Hibs and forgive them their crimes)

Lennon appears to be clinical about getting wins and going up which is exactly what we need. I don't like his celebrity status much and I don't like his interviews with national media outlets being about Celtic but it's only to be expected I suppose.

Still early days, but the signings are good and the team looks hungry.

Cringed at that myself man, typical Scottish hack journalists though eh.

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 01:32 PM
HEH!:greengrin

It's amazing what selective quotations minus the sarcasm can leave you believing :faf:

:greengrin:wink:

worcesterhibby
15-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Jason Cummings, do you think with Lennon as the manager he will be able to keep him for another season with you's in the premiership next year?

Maybe, maybe be not, but the £3million we will eventually get for him will be all the sweeter knowing that we signed him from the Gorgie Mob for free. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Alright lads,

So... thoughts?

Awrite Michael,

I couldn't care less what team you support (keep it quiet bit I've always had a soft spot for Celtic since you gave us King Kenny in 77, just couldn't be ersed travelling to Glasgow when I moved here :greengrin)

My own feeling on Lennon when he was appointed and it hasn't changed since, is that he would know that he had to build a team to get us out of this league and if that meant short term signing's and players that wouldn't be good enough for the top flight then so be it. So far all is going according to plan and I believe he will take us up and then have to look again at shaping another squad to keep us there.

--------
15-09-2016, 02:55 PM

Depends on whether he's being honest and upfront, yes? Remember Shaun Lawson a few years back? Started off awfully nice, turned out to be an absolute wee slimeball. Lots of us were nice to him - later regretted it.

Celtic FC is one half of the cancer that's wrecking Scottish football and all for their own advancement. I'll stay with my original assessment. LTSF.

See above - so did Shaun - allegedly.

Celtic were founded on deceit and dishonesty, and have their origin in the near destruction of Hibernian FC less than 15 years after our founding.

I don't like them.

Speedway
15-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Depends on whether he's being honest and upfront, yes? Remember Shaun Lawson a few years back? Started off awfully nice, turned out to be an absolute wee slimeball. Lots of us were nice to him - later regretted it.

Celtic FC is one half of the cancer that's wrecking Scottish football and all for their own advancement. I'll stay with my original assessment. LTSF.

Celtic were founded on deceit and dishonesty, and have their origin in the near destruction of Hibernian FC less than 15 years after our founding.

I don't like them.

Hibs being free from deceit and dishonesty as a club then and now Doddie?

Glass houses/stones.

worcesterhibby
15-09-2016, 03:33 PM

I don't like them.

There are plenty of reasons for not liking some of the behaviour associated with Celtic (see hanging effigies this last weekend) but you seem to be holding a grudge for something that happened 130 years ago ! perhaps time to let go ?

--------
15-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Hibs being free from deceit and dishonesty as a club then and now Doddie?

Glass houses/stones.

Do you know the history?

When the Celtic committee ask the committee of an established football club - Hibs - for help in setting up their own club; when they accept advice, financial help and moral support from Hibs on the basis that the club they're founding shares the ideals and aspirations of the Hibs committee - the committee of the club they're asked for help; and when the Celtic committee then makes covert approaches to the Hibs first-team players to take them through to Glasgow to play for Celtic, nearly destroying the Hibernian club in the process ...

When you can show me when any Hibs board descended that low, come back and talk about glass houses and stones.

And I've had far too many Soapdodgers assuming that because I follow Hibs I must inevitably be prepared to take their side in their ongoing hatefest with the Huns to welcome any approach from any of them.

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Do you know the history?

When the Celtic committee ask the committee of an established football club - Hibs - for help in setting up their own club; when they accept advice, financial help and moral support from Hibs on the basis that the club they're founding shares the ideals and aspirations of the Hibs committee - the committee of the club they're asked for help; and when the Celtic committee then makes covert approaches to the Hibs first-team players to take them through to Glasgow to play for Celtic, nearly destroying the Hibernian club in the process ...

When you can show me when any Hibs board descended that low, come back and talk about glass houses and stones.

And I've had far too many Soapdodgers assuming that because I follow Hibs I must inevitably be prepared to take their side in their ongoing hatefest with the Huns to welcome any approach from any of them.

So Neil Lennon are you happy with how things are, whats your expectations next season? you are an older Hibee so you have seen alot of highs and lows, where does the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager rank for you in your lifetime, out of managers that have been at the club?

Davy Mac
15-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Alright lads,

So... thoughts?

Hi Michael

Appreciate your contribution, personally I like other fans opinions on the forum, I think we should have a sub section inviting other fans to join in and contribute, life is to frickin short IMO, so welcome my friend.

Like Lenny, short term gig for him me thinks but hey one objective, one aim - and then Lenny will be off and I personally have no problem with that as he will have bigger fish to fry.

But winning the league will not be as straight forward as some might believe but hopefully we can build up enough points quickly and wrap things up.

With regards to Celtic, I saw both sides of the state of Scottish fitba but Barca are on a different planet and I wouldn't be too downbeat but the days of any Scottish Team hitting the heady heights of European Fitba are over for the forseeable future. Like your new gaffer and should canter the league.

All the best for the season and don't hesitate to continue to contribute to the forum within reason of course.

Wee Effen Bee
15-09-2016, 03:51 PM

Obviously you do give more than a single **** otherwise you wouldnt have bothered to reply:greengrin. You didn't 'pass' by the way, you actually contributed to the thread. If you had really passed, surely you would have just ignored. I do find it quite sad that a supporter from elsewhere can't come onto our board for a decent discussion. I thought the Hibs family was all encompassing and not sectarian at all!:confused:

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Obviously you do give more than a single **** otherwise you wouldnt have bothered to reply:greengrin. You didn't 'pass' by the way, you actually contributed to the thread. If you had really passed, surely you would have just ignored. I do find it quite sad that a supporter from elsewhere can't come onto our board for a decent discussion. I thought the Hibs family was all encompassing and not sectarian at all!:confused:

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

Wtf you on about? What's this thread got to do with sectarianism?

MichaelTheCelt
15-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Hi Michael

Appreciate your contribution, personally I like other fans opinions on the forum, I think we should have a sub section inviting other fans to join in and contribute, life is to frickin short IMO, so welcome my friend.

Like Lenny, short term gig for him me thinks but hey one objective, one aim - and then Lenny will be off and I personally have no problem with that as he will have bigger fish to fry.

But winning the league will not be as straight forward as some might believe but hopefully we can build up enough points quickly and wrap things up.

With regards to Celtic, I saw both sides of the state of Scottish fitba but Barca are on a different planet and I wouldn't be too downbeat but the days of any Scottish Team hitting the heady heights of European Fitba are over for the forseeable future. Like your new gaffer and should canter the league.

All the best for the season and don't hesitate to continue to contribute to the forum within reason of course.

Cheers pal :aok:

You think this is just a quick fix for Lennon? I honestly think he will be with you's for at least another year, incidentally I was surprised at Stubbs leaving to go to Rotherham United, especially after winning the Scottish cup and making himself a Hibs legend in the process, was thinking to myself Hibs need to get the next appointment spot on or they might be down in that league for a wee bit longer. Lennon coming in shows some real ambition from your board, I hope he sticks around for a bit. And as someone said the attendances are up at Easter Road, Lennon will hang around man :aok:

I'm just glad Barca only put 7 past us, that could have been double figures the other night.

northstandhibby
15-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Alright lads,

So... thoughts?

Delighted with Mr Lennon's performance so far that's for sure. Once back into the top league hope to keep Mr Lennon at the helm. There is only positive notes to sing of his tenure and it looks as if he is a top manager and top bloke.

:top marks

I find it refreshing for fans of other clubs to come on and chat as long as they're not on just to be annoying.

GGTTH

seven nowt
15-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Delighted with Neilly really. I'm one the many Lenny lovers.

Stevie Reid
15-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Celtic FC is one half of the cancer that's wrecking Scottish football and all for their own advancement. I'll stay with my original assessment. LTSF

As Michael started a thread in polite fashion seeking conversation re: Hibs, I'll judge him on that basis, not on some Jambo who used to post on here many years ago.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Hi Michael, have you ever raffled a tv or done a sky dive for charity? :greengrin

I like what Lennon is doing, he's doing what Stubbs should have done, and when he retains our cup (yes it is ours now for good) :wink: and takes us up, he will be our best manager ever. :greengrin

jacomo
15-09-2016, 04:50 PM

Fair enough!

:agree:

Iggy Pope
15-09-2016, 04:53 PM
So Neil Lennon are you happy with how things are, whats your expectations next season? you are an older Hibee so you have seen alot of highs and lows, where does the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager rank for you in your lifetime, out of managers that have been at the club?

MichaelThecelt - Tell him how good you thought Joe Harper was in his pomp. That would just about do that....

You've been up front about the team you support (as you were the last time you visited) and that will do me. Doddle has given us a history lesson, pretty selective, but you now know that Hibs made your team. If you get a spare bit of study time look up the works of Alan Lugton. Far more informative than anything you will find on here or Kerrydale.

Believe it or not, we have had all sorts on here over the years, a great deal of them accepted by long-term posters (Bluebell anyone? Remember that well respected Hun? One or two actually met him for a game at Ibrox as I recall.....). We also had the fellah from London Hearts, something of a statto, much admired memorabilia collector who barely had a word said against home even though he seldom failed to remind all of is how long it had been since Buffalo Bill and such crap.

Keep all your spraff to football and I suppose most will be happy to converse. Some (including me) will converse about other things too, but it's not to everyone's taste, you know what I mean I'm sure.

Neil has had a good start. No one can grumble. LC exit was a sickener but the UEFA tie went better than was expected for anyone who is honest with themselves. Promotion is all we require along with guaranteed retention of the Scottish.

Do you reckon your lot are only in the CL for the money? Can't be for the competition can it?

jacomo
15-09-2016, 05:02 PM

I don't like them.

Lol. There's a blast from the past.

Do you remember when he did his 'exhaustive' investigation on Vlad (published in 3 parts on his blog, IIRC), declared him - unequivocally - to be a bona fide character, then ran off to Kickback to slag us all off when we questioned him?

I think it then transpired that he'd never actually seen Hearts play.

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Hi Michael ...... Like the Celtc we are a hundred percent in the league and you cant ask for better than that, however apart from Falkirk we haven't played any of our main rivals yet, after Saturday we have QOTS, Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers as our next 3 fixtures, after those games we will have a better idea of where we are at.
Its so far so good with Neil Lennon, but like all managers things could turn if we start to stall. In a way he was lucky that in our current circumstances and the fact that we played really well against Brondby the fans were prepared to ignore being eliminated from the League cup at home at the first time of asking.

Hibs potential is clear for all to see, our last two league crowds at home have been 16,477 and 14,508 and we are looking at possibly north of 15,000 again on Saturday, with the Dundee Utd game two weeks later only at risk of not being at least 18,000 because of bloody SKY sports. But that doesn't entitle us to anything, only winning games does that and rightly so.

I have no problem with fans of other clubs posting on here, I have done it on a couple of forums when I have had a specific question to ask fans of the club involved or they say something about Hibs which is obviously Ertha Kitt. Besides, if I didn't pop over to Jambo's kickback or The Bears Den from time to time I would never have found out that I'm vermin and a spoon burning junkie who is HIV positive and sell pegs in my spare time .... oh, and it goes without saying a Fenian bassa :greengrin

Anyway, with any luck Sellik will get royally pumped in their next game and we can have a cozy wee chat about it http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Wee Effen Bee
15-09-2016, 05:16 PM

*** sake. You must have a really shallow view on humanity and have a cushy lifestyle. Someone asking about Hibs stuff gets you angry and you then abuse them..really? Get a life for Christ sake.

Wee Effen Bee
15-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Wtf you on about? What's this thread got to do with sectarianism?

I'm on about you and other posters putting the boot into a football supporter for having the audacity to post on a forum run by supporters of a different team. I questioned if we were truly an open and welcoming group of football supporters who are keen to engage in articulate and informed discussion...or if we actually possess a closed mindset and, are in fact, a bunch of narrow minded and immature idiots. That's wtf I mean!

Wee Effen Bee
15-09-2016, 05:47 PM

I don't like them.

I'm sure I read on here you were a religious minister or something of that ilk. What's wrong, does the guy not believe in the same imaginary being as you or are you yet another 'Christian' who is very intolerant of others. Whether he is another Mr Lawson or not remains to be seen but you don't like every single Celtic supporter. I take it you have met them all?:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2016, 05:49 PM
I'm sure I read on here you were a religious minister or something of that ilk. What's wrong, does the guy not believe in the same imaginary being as you or are you yet another 'Christian' who is very intolerant of others. Whether he is another Mr Lawson or not remains to be seen but you don't like every single Celtic supporter. I take it you have met them all?:dunno:

He does not like celtc, neither do i, and i'd imagine 99% of our support are the same?

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2016, 05:54 PM
He does not like celtc, neither do i, and i'd imagine 99% of our support are the same?

Indeed ..... just coz most posters aren't of the GTF ya smelly OF tramp variety should not be mistaken for any desire for a Celtc love in, canny stand the buggers.

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 05:59 PM
I'm on about you and other posters putting the boot into a football supporter for having the audacity to post on a forum run by supporters of a different team. I questioned if we were truly an open and welcoming group of football supporters who are keen to engage in articulate and informed discussion...or if we actually possess a closed mindset and, are in fact, a bunch of narrow minded and immature idiots. That's wtf I mean!

Still doesn't answer why you mentioned sectarianism...

And I never 'put the boot' into anyone... I just said I thought it was weird that anyone would want to read/post on another teams forum.

Ergye
15-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Whenever Celtic or The Sevcos are discussed this place is like totally crrrrrraaaaazy man. Civil war and stuff. Makes me laugh.

Anyway. Michael. Since we're curious about other peoples clubs here. How many lapdances you reckon Bobo Balde had in his 3 years sitting doing nothing at Celtic? £5million squids buys a lotta boobies. 😆

killie-hibby
15-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Part of the point of this thread was to have a back and forth with Hibs fans on here about Hibs...believe it or not.

I could go and read match day threads or a news conference thread get a general idea then log out having not engaged in conversation with anyone, but it makes more sense to me, to open a thread where I can specifically read and reply to things such as, results, players, signings, feelings and Neil Lennon.

I get the impression the hostility is because I support Celtic, fair enough doesn't bother me. I'm here talking about Hibs.

So seeing as I have quoted you.

If we are promoted I would hope JC remains for another season. It would allow him to gauge his ability against arguably better players. If successful Hibs would receive offers well in excess of Peterborough's. I haven't a clue whether Lennon would want him to stay or use the money to sign someone who potentially could equal or improve on JC's goal tally. JC will leave Hibs at some point.When he goes I hope it is to a club outwith Scotland. Perhaps JC would want to stay on and postpone his big payday for another year. Only he,his agent or Hibs management could provide an answer.
Michael,keep posting on Hibs net,you seem to be resilient and decent. By the way try to compare alleged hostility with old fashioned East Coast pawkish humour.
:flag:

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Indeed ..... just coz most posters aren't of the GTF ya smelly OF tramp variety should not be mistaken for any desire for a Celtc love in, canny stand the buggers.

Doddie said he did not like celtc, he did not say he does not like all of their supporters. I'm the same, dont like the club but some of my best friends are smellies.

And if someone from any club wants to join this site, as long as they have a thick skin and can take a bit of good humoured stick, then why not?

killie-hibby
15-09-2016, 07:11 PM
*** sake. You must have a really shallow view on humanity and have a cushy lifestyle. Someone asking about Hibs stuff gets you angry and you then abuse them..really? Get a life for Christ sake.

Pawkish humour it was. For gods sake ,take your own advice and find a life. It must be hell living with such a serious person as yourself. You know absolutely nothing of my views on humanity and even less on my far from cushy life.

The Captain....
15-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Immediate impressions on Lennon's Hibs so far is that we are far more likely to grind out a win when not playing particularly well. We look better shape wise without the ball, more solid.

I've said this before and it won't be universally popular with fellow Hibees but I honestly think Shinnie is an upgrade on Henderson. I say that as a massive fan of Liam's commitment and ability last season. Having seen Shinnie tho I reckon he'll chip in with more goals and looks very comfortable already in the creative/attacking midfielder role.

Hard to judge our new keeper so far as excellent defensive displays have seen him rarely troubled but he certainly looks the part..and Lennon seemed to take his time to get the right man so I'm guessing he was high up on the list of keepers we looked at.

Up front I do have concerns on an over reliance on Cummings getting our goals and would like Holt to chip in with a few more. I was sceptical on the signing of Graham but he's surprised me with his ability and is a real threat if you can get decent deliveries into the box. Something we've sorely lacked for a while. Not too sure where Keatings will fit in this season, regardless he's a good option to have off the bench.

The Championship this year looks like being pretty competitive in terms of the first 4 or 5 league places. QoTS have had an eye catching start and there's no doubt Dobie could be one of the signings of the season for them. Having said that I still fancy us to win the league by around 10 points...not hammering teams but racking up a good few 1 and 2 goal victories where we dominate possession.

Lennon seems to be relishing working away with a group of players he clearly rates and is striving to push to improve. I'd like to think and it comes across that he has an affection for the club and understands the traditions that we want to see football played in an entertaining manner. While being cognisant of that he isn't afraid to grind away and kill a game to get the 3 points. The prettiest thing we'll see this season is automatic promotion and a more pragmatic approach in achieving that is a fair price to pay. We simply can't afford to fail in that goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
15-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Still doesn't answer why you mentioned sectarianism...

And I never 'put the boot' into anyone... I just said I thought it was weird that anyone would want to read/post on another teams forum.

Eh? I explained it in my post...ah I get it, you don't understand that one of the many synonyms of sectarianism is 'narrow minded?' Check out your dictionary, it may help when you post in future.

Craig_HFC
15-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Eh? I explained it in my post...ah I get it, you don't understand that one of the many synonyms of sectarianism is 'narrow minded?' Check out your dictionary, it may help when you post in future.

I'm not arguing with an idiot because you'll drag me down to your level and beat me with experience.

Wee Effen Bee
15-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Pawkish humour it was. For gods sake ,take your own advice and find a life. It must be hell living with such a serious person as yourself. You know absolutely nothing of my views on humanity and even less on my far from cushy life.

You are correct, I don't know much about you or your life. I then have to glean info from what you offer on forums such as these. So, you admitted that if someone asks an open question on the site (even fellow Hibbies) you actually get angry and call them *******s. I get angry at many things but someone posting on a football forum seeking some chat isn't one of them. And I'm such the serious one? Fair do's:wink:

Cameron1875
15-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Tough crowd in here for the OP!

Anyway I'm a happy Hibee at the moment and life is good. Roll on a few beers on Saturday and lets keep this winning run going.

GGTTH

Speedway
15-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Do you know the history?

So a team gains trust and then undermines it over a century ago or indeed whatever happened, no one alive was around so we've got the perspective of the history writer as gospel and we base our bias on that. You weren't there!! You've no idea what happened and neither have the rest of us.

Some Scots have done dishonest things, do you hate Scots?

Pat Stanton said he was going for a pish at the dumfy game but went home instead. Dishonest and after getting our trust too! Burn the witch.

Some children died today, do you hate God or whatever's responsible for human creation?

Jeez.

Scott Allan Key
15-09-2016, 09:13 PM

There is a way. Weaken other teams by snatching their players and/or staff and while maintaining a 100% record, the weakened team drops more points than before.

Doesn't matter how nice you are, you're not having McGinn!

I hadn't even read above post and am not being too serious. It does go to show how Hibs tradition/outlook has been shaped by this historical precedent.

calumhibee1
15-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Some of these replies to the OP are pathetic. Folk wanting to look the hard man over the internet. Guys been open about being a Celtic fan and asked us about OUR club. Wtf is the problem with that?

Scott Allan Key
15-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Some of these replies to the OP are pathetic. Folk wanting to look the hard man over the internet. Guys been open about being a Celtic fan and asked us about OUR club. Wtf is the problem with that?

We do need to build on cup success and not needlessly hawk back to past failures out with our control and no longer relevant. As for the change at ER, I welcome input from other fans and I don't get the sense that you, Michael see Hibs as someone to pat on the head. Wouldn't a healthy rivalry be a better start for two sides from two cities of half a million each?

Things can only get better.

PatHead
15-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Alright lads,

So... thoughts?

Pure dead brilliant, so it is..........

jgl07
15-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Hibs were always going to b clear favourites for promotion this season. Last year and the year before they were certainly not with Rangers and Hearts around. However Lennon was a far more high profile manager than I expected Hibs to be able to attract. His reputation took a dive after his spell at Bolton which was always a thankless task.

Two main issues here. First Lennon is well placed to attract a better class of player than the Scottish Championship wuld normally pull in. Second he has instilled a style of play that is more likely to get Hibs to win ugly when necessary. Stubbs's team had an excellent record against Premiership opposition and generally were good against the top Championship teams. But they were bad at dealing with teams that parked the bus. They were also prone to dominate matches but not kill the opposition off. The times Hibs have led 1-0 or 2-1 and then been caught at he end. This happened in both legs of the playoffs against Falkirk.

We will know more after the match away at Queen of the South and the home match against Dundee United.

I will be happy if Lennon stays a couple of seasons to gain promotion and establish Hibs in the Premiership.

Wee Effen Bee
16-09-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm not arguing with an idiot because you'll drag me down to your level and beat me with experience.

Oh dear, is that what passes for witty comebacks and devastating repartee down your way? A truly hackneyed expression from days of yore. You could have gone with another classic - if it's a battle of wits you are looking for, I don't fight unarmed men. Then again, you could at least try and be original.
How sad though: you are proven to be ignorant of the definition of a word on a public forum and the best you can do is try and deflect from that by inferring the person holding a different viewpoint of your own is an idiot.

As I said, the hostile and/or negative reception giving to the guy by some on here goes against everything I believed we, as Hibbies, stood for. Platitudinous comments from you and others on this thread really are the pits...IMHO of course.

Craig_HFC
16-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Oh dear, is that what passes for witty comebacks and devastating repartee down your way? A truly hackneyed expression from days of yore. You could have gone with another classic - if it's a battle of wits you are looking for, I don't fight unarmed men. Then again, you could at least try and be original.
How sad though: you are proven to be ignorant of the definition of a word on a public forum and the best you can do is try and deflect from that by inferring the person holding a different viewpoint of your own is an idiot.

As I said, the hostile and/or negative reception giving to the guy by some on here goes against everything I believed we, as Hibbies, stood for. Platitudinous comments from you and others on this thread really are the pits...IMHO of course.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/4b25a83a4e978c76469d39fe481fa2e9.jpg

Wee Effen Bee
16-09-2016, 03:18 PM

Have to agree 100% with you CH.

Wee Effen Bee
16-09-2016, 04:17 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/4b25a83a4e978c76469d39fe481fa2e9.jpg

Now there's something more original. See you can do it...nice meme.
PS. I'm really not upset, honest.:aok:

MichaelTheCelt
16-09-2016, 04:36 PM
We do need to build on cup success and not needlessly hawk back to past failures out with our control and no longer relevant. As for the change at ER, I welcome input from other fans and I don't get the sense that you, Michael see Hibs as someone to pat on the head. Wouldn't a healthy rivalry be a better start for two sides from two cities of half a million each?

Things can only get better.

Sorry I don' mean to come across as, well done Hibees (In a patronising way) But to explain myself a little better so maybe some folk can understand.

I actually like Hibernian, call it a soft spot or whatever, I know the history of the club and respect it massively, and Hibernian played a small role in the formnation of my club. (yes I know Celtic football club perhaps f*c*ed Hibs over back in the beginning, but I cant speak for the Celtic board at that time, Sorry I guess)

And naw I don't think there is a bond with us and you's or a love in or whatever, I do however like to think there is a mutual respect between both clubs and the fans.

I was pleased Hibernian won the Scottish cup not because it was against The Rangers that was the cherry on top mind you, but because it had been so long since you's had won the Scottish cup, and the only other club in Scotland I can stomach seeing holding a trophy aloft that isn't my team is Hibernian, I also like how the Celtic and Hibernian rivalry is purely about football, nae religious patter non of this go back to Ireland blah blah blah, In my eyes anyway.

So aye I'm looking forward to a Hibs team with perhaps their best manager in years (hopefully) and challenging Celtic, actually I can't f***ing wait to see how Lennon gets on, gonna be great Rodgers and Lennon going head to head (obviously I want Celtic to come out on top thanks :wink:)

So aye keep up this great form and get that league wrapped up for Christmas, get in the Big league and gies a game :greengrin :take that

EDIT!

There is also no other set of fans that can send a shiver down my spine the way Celtic do, but Hibs singing Sunshine on Leith is possibly my favourite non Celtic chant, it is actually pretty special when Hibs fans start belting that out.

poolman
16-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Sorry I don' mean to come across as, well done Hibees (In a patronising way) But to explain myself a little better so maybe some folk can understand.

I actually like Hibernian, call it a soft spot or whatever, I know the history of the club and respect it massively, and Hibernian played a small role in the formnation of my club. (yes I know Celtic football club perhaps f*c*ed Hibs over back in the beginning, but I cant speak for the Celtic board at that time, Sorry I guess)

And naw I don't think there is a bond with us and you's or a love in or whatever, I do however like to think there is a mutual respect between both clubs and the fans.

I was pleased Hibernian won the Scottish cup not because it was against The Rangers that was the cherry on top mind you, but because it had been so long since you's had won the Scottish cup, and the only other club in Scotland I can stomach seeing holding a trophy aloft that isn't my team is Hibernian, I also like how the Celtic and Hibernian rivalry is purely about football, nae religious patter non of this go back to Ireland blah blah blah, In my eyes anyway.

So aye I'm looking forward to a Hibs team with perhaps their best manager in years (hopefully) and challenging Celtic, actually I can't f***ing wait to see how Lennon gets on, gonna be great Rodgers and Lennon going head to head (obviously I want Celtic to come out on top thanks :wink:)

So aye keep up this great form and get that league wrapped up for Christmas, get in the Big league and gies a game :greengrin :take that

EDIT!

There is also no other set of fans that can send a shiver down my spine the way Celtic do, but Hibs singing Sunshine on Leith is possibly my favourite non Celtic chant, it is actually pretty special when Hibs fans start belting that out.

Good post MTC

147lothian
16-09-2016, 07:34 PM

EDIT!

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Highland_Hibee
16-09-2016, 09:41 PM

EDIT!

[emoji106]

I don't understand why certain Hibs or Celtic fans get all cagy about a "love in" between the clubs. Despite popular belief it is possible to have a sporting rivalry that opposition fans can still respect one another over. Anyone holding a grudge over Celtic because of ancient history needs to get a grip. I despise The Rangers not because it is popular to do so but because of the contempt they have tried to treat our club with in recent times.

I'll go as far to say I hate The Rangers and I don't hate very easily. Even those I consider acquaintances who are The Rangers fans always reveal their true colours when football is the topic. As far as Hearts and Celtic are concerned I've got friendships in both camps. Sure every team has a***holes who follow them. I've just been lucky enough to encounter the decent ones.

northstandhibby
16-09-2016, 09:45 PM
[emoji106]

I don't understand why certain Hibs or Celtic fans get all cagy about a "love in" between the clubs. Despite popular belief it is possible to have a sporting rivalry that opposition fans can still respect one another over. Anyone holding a grudge over Celtic because of ancient history needs to get a grip. I despise The Rangers not because it is popular to do so but because of the contempt they have tried to treat our club with in recent times.

I'll go as far to say I hate The Rangers and I don't hate very easily. Even those I consider acquaintances who are The Rangers fans always reveal their true colours when football is the topic. As far as Hearts and Celtic are concerned I've got friendships in both camps. Sure every team has a***holes who follow them. I've just been lucky enough to encounter the decent ones.

My Dad absolutely hated Celtic with a passion because of the ancient history of them 'stealing' hibs players when they founded. Each to their own I say.

GGTTH

MichaelTheCelt
16-09-2016, 11:00 PM
MichaelThecelt - Tell him how good you thought Joe Harper was in his pomp. That would just about do that....

You've been up front about the team you support (as you were the last time you visited) and that will do me. Doddle has given us a history lesson, pretty selective, but you now know that Hibs made your team. If you get a spare bit of study time look up the works of Alan Lugton. Far more informative than anything you will find on here or Kerrydale.

Believe it or not, we have had all sorts on here over the years, a great deal of them accepted by long-term posters (Bluebell anyone? Remember that well respected Hun? One or two actually met him for a game at Ibrox as I recall.....). We also had the fellah from London Hearts, something of a statto, much admired memorabilia collector who barely had a word said against home even though he seldom failed to remind all of is how long it had been since Buffalo Bill and such crap.

Keep all your spraff to football and I suppose most will be happy to converse. Some (including me) will converse about other things too, but it's not to everyone's taste, you know what I mean I'm sure.

Neil has had a good start. No one can grumble. LC exit was a sickener but the UEFA tie went better than was expected for anyone who is honest with themselves. Promotion is all we require along with guaranteed retention of the Scottish.

Do you reckon your lot are only in the CL for the money? Can't be for the competition can it?

I'm happy to talk about music aswell perhaps not in this thread, but any lovers of the blues on the forum I'm yer man!

League cup exit was a shocker, and the UEFA Cup game was really unlucky, maybe best not to have that distraction? yes,no? but would have been great to see Hibs get some more European game at Easter Road.

Thing is Hibs aren't a million miles behind Aberdeen and Hearts and with Lennon in charge I would be happy to bet money on Hibs coming in and being there or thereabouts of a 2nd or 3rd place finish...

Possibly your best chance for a long time to cement yourselves as a top 2/3 club in the league, I reckon your board has seen this opportunity.

Our draw didn't go so well, arguably the hardest team from each pot, I think everyone was hoping for a favourable group so we could get third place and into the Uefa Cup knockout stages. But this group we're in is a ****** of a group damage limitation to be honest, although things seem to go well for us under the Parkhead floodlights, not confident but I'm hopeful of picking up points at home to City and MGladbach. Having said all that, its great to get our name back in with the big boys and the money that goes with it, just hate Celtic getting battered like that, very upsetting.

MichaelTheCelt
16-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Whenever Celtic or The Sevcos are discussed this place is like totally crrrrrraaaaazy man. Civil war and stuff. Makes me laugh.

Anyway. Michael. Since we're curious about other peoples clubs here. How many lapdances you reckon Bobo Balde had in his 3 years sitting doing nothing at Celtic? £5million squids buys a lotta boobies. 😆

To be fair he was a big boob!
Nah I loved big Bobo, Strachan didn't fancy him, he put all his money into soccer schools back in his home country, fair play to the big man done something for his community with the money he got from us.

ehf
16-09-2016, 11:22 PM
I have been following Hibs for 40 years and, in my view, Neil Lennon is shaping up to be the best manager we have had since Eddie Turnbull. We have had decades of sentimental and cut-price appointments, of whom only McLeish and Mowbray came anywhere near the standard that a club of our heritage and fan base deserve. Stubbs, of course, delivered the Holy Grail but he was never going to get us back where we belong and he knew it.

MichaelTheCelt
16-09-2016, 11:27 PM
I have been following Hibs for 40 years and, in my view, Neil Lennon is shaping up to be the best manager we have had since Eddie Turnbull. We have had decades of sentimental and cut-price appointments, of whom only McLeish and Mowbray came anywhere near the standard that a club of our heritage and fan base deserve. Stubbs, of course, delivered the Holy Grail but he was never going to get us back where we belong and he knew it.

That is high praise mate, my Da always said that Hibs team was a great side, Pat Stanton being a player he said was one of his favourite non Celts (while he was at Hibs).

ehf
16-09-2016, 11:32 PM
That is high praise mate, my Da always said that Hibs team was a great side, Pat Stanton being a player he said was one of his favourite non Celts (while he was at Hibs).

Still think we would have won the league in 72/73 if John Brownlie hadn't broken his leg against East Fife in early January (the first game after we beat Hearts 7-0).

MichaelTheCelt
16-09-2016, 11:41 PM
Still think we would have won the league in 72/73 if John Brownlie hadn't broken his leg against East Fife in early January (the first game after we beat Hearts 7-0).

Bit before my time so can say much on the specifics, will need to take your word for it :greengrin
But always have heard Eddie Turnbulls Hibs side were on of Scotlands finest footballing teams. Genuine question here, what went wrong at Hibs? quite obviously one of Scotlands biggest clubs but after that side it seems Hibs achieved very little up until now more or less, was it mismanagement, neglection from the people in charge?. Not forgetting the League cup wins in 91 and 2007 of course.

Ergye
16-09-2016, 11:49 PM
To be fair he was a big boob!
Nah I loved big Bobo, Strachan didn't fancy him, he put all his money into soccer schools back in his home country, fair play to the big man done something for his community with the money he got from us.

Didn't know that Mikey boy.

Touch of class from big Bobo. If my memory serves he was an absolute colossus in Celtics Euro run under Martin O'Neill where they sadly 😆 lost in the final against Seville? Didn't he get sent off in that game?

£5 million quid buys a lot of kids football boots. Respect.

oramhibee
16-09-2016, 11:49 PM

We've replaced the "Stubbsy, Stubbsy" chant with "Lenny, Lenny"

MichaelTheCelt
16-09-2016, 11:55 PM
Didn't know that Mikey boy.

Touch of class from big Bobo. If my memory serves he was an absolute colossus in Celtics Euro run under Martin O'Neill where they sadly 😆 lost in the final against Seville? Didn't he get sent off in that game?

£5 million quid buys a lot of kids football boots. Respect.

Sorry that should have been he put a lot of his money in*** but aye total touch of class, we don't always hear the good footballers do for their communities.

He was great for us, and he did get sent off, thanks for bringing that up cried my heart out after that final still hurts man. Have never watched anything to do with our run to the final or the final since. :hilarious

Bishop Hibee
16-09-2016, 11:57 PM
Bullish. Hibs to win the league comfortably.

Ergye
17-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Sorry that should have been he put a lot of his money in*** but aye total touch of class, we don't always hear the good footballers do for their communities.

He was great for us, and he did get sent off, thanks for bringing that up cried my heart out after that final still hurts man. Have never watched anything to do with our run to the final or the final since. :hilarious

Don't tell anyone but I was sad that Celtic didn't win that game. Especially sad for Larsson. Possibly the greatest SPL player ever, after Franck Sauzee, Ivan Sproule and Lewis Stevenson. 😆

MichaelTheCelt
17-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Anyway I'm off to my kip! Best of luck tomorrow, Jason Cummings Hat Trick I reckon :aok:

This is for Lex, and .Sean. who called me a patronising so and so, his post was deleted no hard feelings should you ever read this, and to Craig_Hfc I think his username is? the one that is perplexed about my being on here, and for Dodie can't forget him, and KillieHibby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

MichaelTheCelt
17-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Don't tell anyone but I was sad that Celtic didn't win that game. Especially sad for Larsson. Possibly the greatest SPL player ever, after Franck Sauzee, Ivan Sproule and Lewis Stevenson. 😆

Larsson scoring two magnificent headers and we still lose :boo hoo:
Sauzee, fantastic player.

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2016, 12:32 AM
i'd like to think that adult debate and conversation (including with other teams fans) helps differentiate Hibs.net from other teams forums.

well said, exactly as it should be

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2016, 12:39 AM
Lol. There's a blast from the past.

Do you remember when he did his 'exhaustive' investigation on Vlad (published in 3 parts on his blog, IIRC), declared him - unequivocally - to be a bona fide character, then ran off to Kickback to slag us all off when we questioned him?

I think it then transpired that he'd never actually seen Hearts play.

iirc he did finally get to see a game at the savile dome....along with his mummy

Phil MaGlass
17-09-2016, 06:42 AM
I'm happy to talk about music aswell perhaps not in this thread, but any lovers of the blues on the forum I'm yer man!

League cup exit was a shocker, and the UEFA Cup game was really unlucky, maybe best not to have that distraction? yes,no? but would have been great to see Hibs get some more European game at Easter Road.

Thing is Hibs aren't a million miles behind Aberdeen and Hearts and with Lennon in charge I would be happy to bet money on Hibs coming in and being there or thereabouts of a 2nd or 3rd place finish...

Possibly your best chance for a long time to cement yourselves as a top 2/3 club in the league, I reckon your board has seen this opportunity.

Our draw didn't go so well, arguably the hardest team from each pot, I think everyone was hoping for a favourable group so we could get third place and into the Uefa Cup knockout stages. But this group we're in is a ****** of a group damage limitation to be honest, although things seem to go well for us under the Parkhead floodlights, not confident but I'm hopeful of picking up points at home to City and MGladbach. Having said all that, its great to get our name back in with the big boys and the money that goes with it, just hate Celtic getting battered like that, very upsetting.

Absolutely agree, was saying this to a mate a wee while back, we have the chance the support and I believe a good bit of finances are in place to see us definitely top three, but I would disagree with being behind Aberdeen and hertz, I believe there is nothing in it and if anything we edge them, we have beaten most SPFL clubs in the past couple of years and we definitely have a better group of players. I also thoroughly believe after winning this league our 1st year back will see us top three, thats how much faith I have in this team/club at the moment.
It has been said before but, there IS definitely something special happening at ER.

By ra way welcome tae ra board soap dodger:wink:

killie-hibby
17-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Anyway I'm off to my kip! Best of luck tomorrow, Jason Cummings Hat Trick I reckon :aok:

This is for Lex, and .Sean. who called me a patronising so and so, his post was deleted no hard feelings should you ever read this, and to Craig_Hfc I think his username is? the one that is perplexed about my being on here, and for Dodie can't forget him, and KillieHibby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

Thanks for the mention Michael. Remember, I stated a hope you would continue to post on Hibs Net,and that you were resilient and seemed to be decent. That opinion remains despite your admittance of murderous action and intent towards your tutor, see Post 55.
Consider this. What is worse, a young student who would strangle a person to prove something or an old retired CBT practitioner who uses dry pawkish humour to achieve change.:wink:

Sodje_18
17-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Alright lads,

So... thoughts?

Welcome to the board mate.

Personally don't have an issue with fans of other clubs posting on here - except the filth... and the diet filth. From a big sevco and hearts area so the few Celtic fans around here tend to be good guys, don't mistake that for a soft spot though, just the lesser of two evils ;)

Bit of a feel good factor at Easter road, fans still on a Scottish cup high but Lennon seems to have got the players hitting the ground running - would've been great to knock out Brondby (I was in Copenhagen) but just wasn't to be, League cup doesn't bother me, only one competition I expect to win this season.

--------
17-09-2016, 09:49 PM

I am very suspicious of supporters of any other team coming on here discussing Hibs' prospects. My experience of Celtic supporters over many years hasn't endeared them to me - in that experience their behaviour has been every bit as obnoxious and offensive as that of their brothers-in-arms from Govan, if not worse. I haven't said I don't like any or every Celtic supporter in the whole wide world. I haven't met them all yet (for which mercy I am profoundly grateful). I don't have any problem with other people's religious beliefs; my feelings in this matter are entirely football-centred.

BTW, it appears from the way you express yourself you're not exactly open-minded in matters of faith and belief yourself.

Yup. I remember the banner - "Celtc's feeder club since 1888". Nice and respectful.

I mean, I could understand supporters of Hamilton Academicals or Inverness Caledonian Thistle doing a typo and mis-spelling the name of their club, but you'd think Celtic supporters would know that there's an 'i' in Celtic. Only six letters and they miss one out?

They sing about knowing 'the history' (most of them certainly don't) and they can't spell their club's name?

MichaelTheCelt
17-09-2016, 11:54 PM
I am very suspicious of supporters of any other team coming on here discussing Hibs' prospects.

Why? in what way are you suspicious? do you think I am compiling a dossier of Hibs prospects to take back to Celtic park and reveal all?

The internet is a massive world wide community mate like it or not, it connects people that would never be able to communicate. To share thoughts with and opinions, to agree and disagree.

This is also a forum, the definition of a forum is; "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged".

You seem like a smart articulate guy. (going by your posts) surely you can understand that?

This will be my second time directly quoting you, the first time I quoted you specifically asking your opinions on your football team and you chose to ignore it and have sly digs referencing me in replies to other posters, no need for it mate, and it is quite disrespectful considering you are complaining about Celtic fans that were "obnoxious and offensive" you being quite clearly latter of the two in this regard. You also ignored my post at a bit of lightheartedness (see post #126).

What do you want me to say about the Celtic board of 1888? you aren't even old enough to have experienced what happened, it would be ridiculous of me to say "ah Hibs eff them back in 1950 whenever, they voted for Celtic to remove the tricolour" and hold a grudge over it.

Lifes to F***ing short for that nonsense if you aren't gonna post anything that is on topic to this thread don't bother then. The fella page before called ehf replied with some interesting points about Hibs Turnbulls Tornadoes team unfortunately he hasn't replied to my last reply to him, far more interesting and on point than anything you have had to say to be honest with you.

Mr White
18-09-2016, 03:07 PM
This is also a forum, the definition of a forum is; "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged".

if you aren't gonna post anything that is on topic to this thread don't bother then.

Bit of a contradiction there Michael as fans of other clubs posting here has, by the nature of your approach, become a topic of this thread. Maybe best to ignore any responses you don't like rather than persist in highlighting them, as that's guaranteed to keep them coming :aok:

jacomo
18-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Yup. I remember the banner - "Celtc's feeder club since 1888". Nice and respectful.

And we've been able to mock ever since about it. I see 'Celtc' crop up fairly frequently on other sites re: discussion about the Lesser Greens, and I know it's either one of their illiterate followers or a Hibby laying down a subtle dig. Either way, it keeps me amused.

And yes, I've had the patronising 'do you know your history?' chat from more than one Celtc fan over the years... and am happy to reply in the affirmative, normally asking them when they are going to come up with their own strips, because the Hoops rightfully belong to us.

Misinformed they may be, but many Celtc fans do seem to feel some kind of affinity with Hibs, perhaps because of our central role in their club's creation. Given their behaviour since, the warm feeling rarely flows the other way.

I'm delighted to be a Hibs fan. I have no affinity towards Celtc at all, and find their cuddly sectarian packaging deeply distasteful, but I feel no need for needless animosity.

Stanton
19-09-2016, 07:57 PM
And we've been able to mock ever since about it. I see 'Celtc' crop up fairly frequently on other sites re: discussion about the Lesser Greens, and I know it's either one of their illiterate followers or a Hibby laying down a subtle dig. Either way, it keeps me amused.

And yes, I've had the patronising 'do you know your history?' chat from more than one Celtc fan over the years... and am happy to reply in the affirmative, normally asking them when they are going to come up with their own strips, because the Hoops rightfully belong to us.

Misinformed they may be, but many Celtc fans do seem to feel some kind of affinity with Hibs, perhaps because of our central role in their club's creation. Given their behaviour since, the warm feeling rarely flows the other way.

I'm delighted to be a Hibs fan. I have no affinity towards Celtc at all, and find their cuddly sectarian packaging deeply distasteful, but I feel no need for needless animosity.
I think some of the " soft spot " towards Hibs Celtic Fans have stems from their belief ( wrongly ) that Ranger's and Hearts especially but not just them , many other teams held a sectarian distaste towards them for their Irish Catholic background ....and they always felt Hibs were one of the few teams who while sustaining a rivalry with Celtic never was it perceived to be of a religious nature but was always football based .....they felt they were Fenian bassas at other grounds whereas at ER they were just bassas