PDA

View Full Version : Locking threads

NAE NOOKIE
14-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Dear admins

For the second time in a week a thread I was taking an active part in has been locked before I even had a chance to start trolling or get personal or abusive :greengrin ....... this time its the Sevco statement thread. I cant see that I noticed anybody getting an admin warning before the thread was closed and like the other one I was interested in its been closed without any final post by an admin to say 'why' its been closed.

Though there was a couple of folk getting personal the thread itself was chugging along nicely and I cant see why everybody else who was taking part in a serious and at times quite interesting discussion should be barred from further comment just because of a couple of trolls, idiots, whatever you want to call them ...... I get why sometimes its the wisest course to close a thread, but surely a few warnings could be issued first before closing the thing without even an explanation as to why it was closed.

Yours Sincerely
Annoyed
Galashiels

SRHibs
14-09-2016, 09:45 PM
I think there was a heavily racist comment that got the OP banned - as well as other racist infractions throughout. Admittedly I was one of the ones who helped derail the thread, but rightly so IMO. There's a bunch of threads covering pretty much the same topic which are active anyway.

Not sure who the idiots/trolls were, however if you're referring to the posts by lobster in which he was against the use of the word Hun, then I thought he made some good points (not that I necessarily agree). There would be no such thing as a debate or discussion if we all agreed on everything.

Mr White
15-09-2016, 03:58 AM
Warnings were issued by pm and the thread had went way off topic to the point that the subjects being discussed were more suited to the holy ground. Feel free to start a thread in there if you feel you'd like to continue any part of the discussion that thread had moved into. By no means is anyone being barred from the discussion, except those who continually break forum rules. I hope that clears things up :aok: