PDA

View Full Version : NHC Robbie Neilson

G B Young
14-09-2016, 11:20 AM
I notice Hearts are to appeal against Tony Watt's yellow card for diving in the box against Hamilton last weekend. They also appealed unsuccessfully against Walker's ban for diving earlier in the season.

What I don't get is Robbie Neilson's contrary opinion when it comes to commenting on decisions which HAVE gone Hearts' way. For example, they got a penalty against Hamilton which Accies felt was soft, yet Neilson comes out with this:

"I'm a distance away [from the Nicholson penalty]. The [Hamilton] player goes in, he's off the ground, and [Nicholson] goes down, so it's a penalty. The referee's made a decision and it looks like there's real contact, so you have to accept and back the referee's decision."

I've highlighted two sections of this quote. Firstly, surely Neilson is the same distance away from ANY penalty award which goes for or against his team so it's not like he was further away than usual from this one. Secondly, why do Hearts appeal decisions which go AGAINST them if Neilson's view is that you 'have to accept and back the referee's decision'. Zero logic there from a guy who attempts to portray himself as one of football's more 'intellectual' managers but fails miserably. A bit like his puppet master Levein who airbrushes over the fact he was by some distance the worst Scotland manager of all time by hiding behind a director of football role at Hearts.

calumhibee1
14-09-2016, 11:33 AM
I notice Hearts are to appeal against Tony Watt's yellow card for diving in the box against Hamilton last weekend. They also appealed unsuccessfully against Walker's ban for diving earlier in the season.

What I don't get is Robbie Neilson's contrary opinion when it comes to commenting on decisions which HAVE gone Hearts' way. For example, they got a penalty against Hamilton which Accies felt was soft, yet Neilson comes out with this:

"I'm a distance away [from the Nicholson penalty]. The [Hamilton] player goes in, he's off the ground, and [Nicholson] goes down, so it's a penalty. The referee's made a decision and it looks like there's real contact, so you have to accept and back the referee's decision."

I've highlighted two sections of this quote. Firstly, surely Neilson is the same distance away from ANY penalty award which goes for or against his team so it's not like he was further away than usual from this one. Secondly, why do Hearts appeal decisions which go AGAINST them if Neilson's view is that you 'have to accept and back the referee's decision'. Zero logic there from a guy who attempts to portray himself as one of football's more 'intellectual' managers but fails miserably. A bit like his puppet master Levein who airbrushes over the fact he was by some distance the worst Scotland manager of all time by hiding behind a director of football role at Hearts.

He's a helmet.

number9dream
14-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Is there even a process for challenging yellow cards?

MacGruber
14-09-2016, 11:43 AM
They have a cheek appealing a booking for diving in the box in a game they ultimately won.... due to a different instance of diving in the box.

The right decision just in my opinion would be an acknowledgement that it should have been a penalty for the Watt challenge with whatever black mark that means for the ref.
The Watt booking upheld anyway due to the shanny swan dive after the contact

Nicholson banned for diving 4 games as Walker was 2 and diving is an ongoing practice at Tynecastle with Hearts players and extended ban reflecting the clubs issue aswell as Nicholson being a dirty wee Ned that's either touching himself up or going down to easy

Hamilton awarded 3 pts as the pitch is tiny

Tynecastle closed down for being a little hovel

But as usual common sense won't prevail

JimBHibees
14-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Is there even a process for challenging yellow cards?

Exactly what I thought didnt think you could unless it was for mistaken identity.

matty_f
14-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Hearts have earned a reputation for being dirty and for diving, mainly because the style of play they use is dirty and they dive.

fiolex1
14-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Hearts have earned a reputation for being dirty and for diving, mainly because the style of play they use is dirty and they dive. Reeks of Craig Levein!!

matty_f
14-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Reeks of Craig Levein!!

They say the smell is the brewery, but I think you're closer to the mark there. :greengrin

Wembley67
14-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Should bring in a rule like tennis where you are only allowed x amount of appeals a season then told to STFU :greengrin

14-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Hearts have earned a reputation for being dirty and for diving, mainly because the style of play they use is dirty and they dive.

Hearts style has always been to build a team full of big physical guys who have little technical ability but use force. Watch hearts and you'll notice their tactics of wee niggly fouls in order to break down the flow of play and get guys back behind the ball. The idea is very simple, if an opposition player can cause problems by getting the ball down and playing fast pace football then simply hack him out the game. Look at what they were like with Scott Allan and last year John McGinn. When Allan and McGinn type players get the ball down and start playing they absolutely run a riot against the like of hearts so their tactics from the start were to take them down by whatever means nessasery.

Hearts disaplinary record speaks for itself although how Gomes stayed on the park a couple seasons ago against us in the 2-0 game at ER is beyond me. Hacked away all game in the midfield to stop the play going.

Kojock
14-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Maybe the Hertz players are suffering from the same inner ear condition as Sergey.

matty_f
14-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Hearts style has always been to build a team full of big physical guys who have little technical ability but use force. Watch hearts and you'll notice their tactics of wee niggly fouls in order to break down the flow of play and get guys back behind the ball. The idea is very simple, if an opposition player can cause problems by getting the ball down and playing fast pace football then simply hack him out the game. Look at what they were like with Scott Allan and last year John McGinn. When Allan and McGinn type players get the ball down and start playing they absolutely run a riot against the like of hearts so their tactics from the start were to take them down by whatever means nessasery.

Hearts disaplinary record speaks for itself although how Gomes stayed on the park a couple seasons ago against us in the 2-0 game at ER is beyond me. Hacked away all game in the midfield to stop the play going.

:agree: When we came back from 2-0 down, Cummings' goal came on the back of us taking a quick free kick to keep the game moving as they tried to break up the play.

Hibee87
14-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Exactly what I thought didnt think you could unless it was for mistaken identity.

Apparantly you can. If you are booked for simulation, and it turns out you didnt dive you can appeal the yellow card. I mean WTF is up with that :confused:

What happens when a.player gets a booking for a 'foul' in which it wasnt a foul and the ref just missed him get the ball, why is that any different? and if you can appeal one yellow why not the lot?

you know, it might sound like a simple idea, but surely a ref can get his hands on video footage after the game and/or an independent official (4th maybe) to review all bookings and if he deems it to not be a yellow then its scrapped from the refs report? is that too easy?

GlesgaeHibby
14-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Don't know why he's moaning.

Tony Watt looked like he was tripped, and it should have been a penalty. They later got a penalty for a blatant dive. All that's really happened is the ref has booked the wrong guy for diving, and they got their customary penalty.

Kato
14-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Don't know why he's moaning.

Have you seen his fizzog? Designed for moaning.

greenteam
14-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Have you seen his fizzog? Designed for moaning.

Tbh lads. . Just doing his job..NL would do the same.

But yea, they are a bunch of diving cheats lol

brog
14-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Expecting common sense from RN is akin to expecting the The Rangers fans to sing Hail Glorious St Patrick at the next mutants meeting!

Pretty Boy
14-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Tbf to Neilson he's only doing and saying what the gaffer tells him to.

'Robbie get that paperwork done for the appeal, open your mouth and let your belly rumble to the press, collect those cones and bibs and play Prince Buaben on Saturday'.

Kaff
14-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Maybe the Hertz players are suffering from the same inner ear condition as Sergey.

Is that the one where you hear (Lithuanian) voices in your head?☺

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Nicholson's dive was a shocker. They just can't help themselves. Cheats, plain and simple. The number of pens Walker and Nicholson have won between them since breaking through is a shambles. Utterly dislikable the pair of them.

bigwheel
15-09-2016, 06:33 AM
I suspect I'll be out on my own here, but I didn't think it was a blatant dive...he was travelling at pace, and even if there was no connection the player comes across his path and would force him to try to avoid it. Not 100% clear to me - from the two times I've watched it

People may have seen better footage and therefore may have a better view than me...but I think often players momentum is a factor in players going down, foul or not...

3pm
15-09-2016, 06:41 AM
Robbie Neilson, Hibs legend.

#TNAYFIU

hibbysam
15-09-2016, 06:58 AM
I suspect I'll be out on my own here, but I didn't think it was a blatant dive...he was travelling at pace, and even if there was no connection the player comes across his path and would force him to try to avoid it. Not 100% clear to me - from the two times I've watched it

People may have seen better footage and therefore may have a better view than me...but I think often players momentum is a factor in players going down, foul or not...

Trying to avoid it?? The cop out for all divers, the guy was sliding along the ground, if there was no contact why would you fall?? If you want to avoid it you would jump over it, as it is you should just take the contact and get your penalty, rather than pretend there was contact when there was none!

ian cruise
15-09-2016, 07:02 AM

I've not seen any highlights of the hearts game so I'm talking in general terms here but I've always felt that folk forget to take momentum in to account and start screaming dive too quickly at times. Key to the discussion is whether the player then claims there's contact. If ref sees a player go down and is sure there's no contact then should only be a dive if said player is claiming otherwise. Ask the player if he went down due to momentum or contact, if he says contact and there was none, card for diving. Video evidence would clear this up easily.

Agree too with the earlier point that it's farcical that you an appeal a yellow for one thing but not another.

bigwheel
15-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Trying to avoid it?? The cop out for all divers, the guy was sliding along the ground, if there was no contact why would you fall?? If you want to avoid it you would jump over it, as it is you should just take the contact and get your penalty, rather than pretend there was contact when there was none!

Don't think it was a clear dive. The angle of the tackle , and body position can affect your balance when you try to jump (avoid) it. Not saying it wasn't but just don't agree with the "definitely a dive" camp

As has been discussed , I think pace and momentum are sometimes ignored in these types of debates

majorhibs
15-09-2016, 04:54 PM
They say the smell is the brewery, but I think you're closer to the mark there. :greengrin

Both, but potter is probably tops there.

mjhibby
15-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Nicholson's dive was a shocker. They just can't help themselves. Cheats, plain and simple. The number of pens Walker and Nicholson have won between them since breaking through is a shambles. Utterly dislikable the pair of them.

Surely not as bad as walkers one that won the pen against Celtic. I'd love to see the stats on the number of pens they get and where they would be without them. I suspect getting pens is essential for them to get results. Odious lot of people.

Wee Effen Bee
15-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Neilson was his usual 'Mr Intelligent on the news tonight: he said people take a pop about things when the other team is winning games. Surely they were beaten by Celtic?:dunno:

hibbysam
15-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Don't think it was a clear dive. The angle of the tackle , and body position can affect your balance when you try to jump (avoid) it. Not saying it wasn't but just don't agree with the "definitely a dive" camp

As has been discussed , I think pace and momentum are sometimes ignored in these types of debates

Pace and momentum, if there is contact then yes... Nicholson didn't try and take evasive action, he just seen the tackle coming and fell far too early. He dived, fact.

Cameron1875
15-09-2016, 09:07 PM
The guy makes a wee whistle sound when he pronounces his S's. It's like something out of Chewin The Fat!

Now i've said it, you'll not be able to unhear it. Sorry :wink:

Scott Allan Key
15-09-2016, 09:56 PM

Hearts's penalties are NEAR. The opposing team's penalties are FAR AWAY.

bigwheel
15-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Pace and momentum, if there is contact then yes... Nicholson didn't try and take evasive action, he just seen the tackle coming and fell far too early. He dived, fact.

lol. Writing "fact" doesn't make it any more than opinion....but I accept that people have different views in this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ian cruise
15-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Hearts's penalties are NEAR. The opposing team's penalties are FAR AWAY.

Excellent

hibbysam
16-09-2016, 07:29 AM
lol. Writing "fact" doesn't make it any more than opinion....but I accept that people have different views in this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, fact is every TV replay shows clearly there was no contact, and Nicholson dived. Whether it looked a penalty in real time or not doesn't get away from it being a dive. Just because your running fast doesn't mean you have the right to fall without contact.

Caversham Green
16-09-2016, 07:50 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3792047/Hearts-divers-St-Johnstone-ready-says-Tommy-Wright.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Tommy's Wright.