PDA

View Full Version : Is there any good footage of Hibs games from the late eighties?

Hibernia&Alba
13-09-2016, 06:39 PM
My first game as a nipper was 1989; is there footage of late eighties Hibs games anywhere? It isn't that I enjoy watching grown men in the tiny shorts of that era, more nostalgia for the teams, stadium etc.

Enough said
13-09-2016, 06:57 PM
My first game as a nipper was 1989; is there footage of late eighties Hibs games anywhere? It isn't that I enjoy watching grown men in the tiny shorts of that era, more nostalgia for the teams, stadium etc.

You tube

Jonnyboy
13-09-2016, 06:57 PM
You tube

Nae need for that. He only asked a question :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
13-09-2016, 07:02 PM
You tube

I've had a look on there of course, but haven't found a great deal.

H18 SFR
13-09-2016, 07:03 PM
If you roll up to my faither's house you can watch all his old VHS recording made of Sportscene and Scotsport.

Deansy
13-09-2016, 07:10 PM
If you roll up to my faither's house you can watch all his old VHS recording made of Sportscene and Scotsport.

If the recordings are all Hibs-content, should tranfer them to disc and post it on here ?. There's very little Hibs-stuff on youtube.

Hibernia&Alba
13-09-2016, 07:18 PM
If the recordings are all Hibs-content, should tranfer them to disc and post it on here ?. There's very little Hibs-stuff on youtube.

Aye, you'd think there would be more available than seems the case.

Enough said
13-09-2016, 07:24 PM

Ha ha 😉

Wee Effen Bee
13-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Think my brain consigned most of the 80s to the 'never to see the light of day' vaults. Most of my 'worst ever Hibs performances' date from the late 70s - 80s.

Bishop Hibee
13-09-2016, 07:31 PM
I've got some late 80s to mid 90s stuff on VHS that I've never got round to putting on DVD or is it a memory stick/external hard drive these days. Hibs 3-1 Celtc Archibald(2) and Evans is one lot of highlights. Where could I get it done?

Hiber-nation
13-09-2016, 07:40 PM
I've got some late 80s to mid 90s stuff on VHS that I've never got round to putting on DVD or is it a memory stick/external hard drive these days. Hibs 3-1 Celtc Archibald(2) and Evans is one lot of highlights. Where could I get it done?

I did mine myself on a DVD/VHS recorder, took years though! I've got loads of stuff from that era but the quality is variable. I'll need to have a look sometime...

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-09-2016, 08:10 PM
I still have plenty of it in my head. Would say that 21-05-2016 brought it back into focus.

MartinfaePorty
13-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Brother Bishop, I'll dig out the cable I bought to do just this year's ago and bring it along on Saturday. Think you use the cable to connect the vcr and computer. Never got round to doing this myself as vcr packed in.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

G B Young
13-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Not a great decade for Hibs, but this game was one of the highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzYj0ennXU

Malthibby
13-09-2016, 08:42 PM

Ah but you had to mention the shorts. The subconscious is a funny thing.......:greengrin

Niffy
13-09-2016, 09:24 PM
I've got stacks on vhs as well.

maglil55
14-09-2016, 12:55 PM

Shop at Abbeyhill - Armchair Theatre does it

Hiber-nation
14-09-2016, 04:07 PM

Think it's just shut down.

Keith_M
14-09-2016, 04:19 PM

Funny but that was my first thought as well

:greengrin

mjhibby
14-09-2016, 04:23 PM

I've got a few games including 3-1 Celtic on vhs somewhere in the house. Archibald was red hot that day and it could have been a much bigger victory. The days of the pink news headline of good Evans Gareth scores for hibs. They don't make them like they use to.

maglil55
14-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Think it's just shut down.
It hasn't. It is up for sale but it is still open.

maglil55
14-09-2016, 04:53 PM
It hasn't. It is up for sale but it is still open.

Just found out it will be open until January 2017.

blindsummit
14-09-2016, 04:58 PM
I've got a ton of stuff from the early 90's but have only managed to put a few clips up on Youtube such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB1uf6exUOo

I've copied everthing off VHS but have never had time to properly edit each game into its own separate file and properly date it etc.

One day I hope.....

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2016, 05:12 PM
I've got a ton of stuff from the early 90's but have only managed to put a few clips up on Youtube such as

I've copied everthing off VHS but have never had time to properly edit each game into its own separate file and properly date it etc.

One day I hope.....

If you check some Derby footage circa 87-89 from Tynie JC gets showered with a hail of coins at a corner and just gets on with it. Changed days but what goes through folks minds? I know we were no angels tho'.

Hiber-nation
14-09-2016, 05:36 PM

:aok:

I was told it had shut last week, boy's a slaver though.

maglil55
14-09-2016, 05:59 PM
:aok:

I was told it had shut last week, boy's a slaver though.
Owner is retiring but not until January. Did a load of stuff for me. Good job and really quick.

Bishop Hibee
14-09-2016, 06:00 PM

I wondered if it had shut but obviously not. I'll head up there in the next few weeks.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Not a great decade for Hibs, but this game was one of the highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzYj0ennXU

Remember it well, they scored just after that and then missed an absolute sitter right at the death. Tough eh? :greengrin

brianmc
14-09-2016, 06:35 PM

One day I hope.....

Some things never change eh. A clear penalty not given and a good shout for a straight red turns out only to be a yellow( despite the fact Boli was sure he was going off).
Old rangers, as despicable as new rangers.

wookie70
14-09-2016, 06:49 PM
I've got a converter to let you put VHS onto a PC. It's in the and happy to give it for an extended loan if anyone fancies converting some videos. You just need a VHS player and this sits between it and the pc. Might even have a player somewhere too

blindsummit
14-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Some things never change eh. A clear penalty not given and a good shout for a straight red turns out only to be a yellow( despite the fact Boli was sure he was going off).
Old rangers, as despicable as new rangers.

I remember being in the East that day and the full on songbook coming from the hun hordes was one of the worst I can recall.

Boli should have been off without a doubt. Still, made it all the sweeter when we won. And that it was the smallest man on the park that scored the header!

brianmc
14-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Indeed. I was there as well and remember going Tonto about the hately "penalty".

Jonnyboy
14-09-2016, 09:25 PM

Any indication of cost? I've got four or five I'd like to have converted

blindsummit
14-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Right! I have just uploaded everything I have got from seasons 94-95 and 95-96 in one big almost two hour video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCgcbtP76SY

Enjoy!

GreenCastle
14-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Right! I have just uploaded everything I have got from seasons 94-95 and 95-96 in one big almost two hour video.

Enjoy!

:top marks

Thanks for doing that - brings back some amazing memories! :aok:

blindsummit
14-09-2016, 11:35 PM
:top marks

Thanks for doing that - brings back some amazing memories! :aok:

No problems! The very first game with the yellow rain thingies, I was at that one. I'd forgotten all about it till I saw that clip.

I've got more seasons so I'll have to put them up as well.

maglil55
15-09-2016, 09:54 AM
You would need to ask him. I know he charges less when there are more than one. I had a pile of cine film too. You get an immediate price when he knows how many.

Jonnyboy
15-09-2016, 10:18 AM
You would need to ask him. I know he charges less when there are more than one. I had a pile of cine film too. You get an immediate price when he knows how many.

Thank you 👍

CRAZYHIBBY
15-09-2016, 11:33 AM

Enjoy!

Nice one....where did u get all your footage

blindsummit
15-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Nice one....where did u get all your footage

All lovingly recorded on TV at the time of broadcast. I used to have a vhs tape just for that, and every week would add the new footage of Hibs on the end.

Hiber-nation
15-09-2016, 03:06 PM

Enjoy!

Excellent! Some great memories there. I must have a look at my DVDs and see what's worth sticking on Youtube.

Hibernia&Alba
15-09-2016, 03:31 PM

Enjoy!

That's superb; thanks very much. :top marks

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2016, 06:42 PM

Enjoy!

Cheers for that, Jim Leighton obviously borrowed Deirdre Barlow's glasses for a joke there right at the end. :greengrin

blindsummit
16-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Cheers for that, Jim Leighton obviously borrowed Deirdre Barlow's glasses for a joke there right at the end. :greengrin

Glad you enjoyed it BH. I remember those glasses, having met the man a few times, lovely chap. Speaking of JL, I remember causing him fits of laughter once during the pre-game warm up. I was sitting just behind the goals, looking down reading the program and he was warming up catching shots off to the side of the net in front of me. he missed one and it loudly struck the seat next to me. I shot up like I had been bit in the arse by a tiger! He turns round, sees me practically having a heart attack and has a good laugh (in a good natured way).

I've lived and worked away from Edinburgh for much of my adult life, but I was back in Edinburgh during that period so went to many of those games (cash permitting) and while it wasn't a golden era, it wasn't that bad so I have fond memories of it.

Franck Stanton
16-09-2016, 07:29 PM

Bishop, you don't know me, but if you want the games you have transferred to DVd I can do that for you no problem. Just drop me a PM to arrange it.

Same goes for any Hibby out there wanting their vhs video transferred to DVD - won't be a problem.

Franck Stanton
16-09-2016, 07:34 PM

JB - I can guarantee I am the cheapest you will find - FREE just let me have the VHS one week and I will have it/them transferred to DVD -same quality and all returned [including VHS tapes] by next home game. Just drop me a wee pm to arrange the meet.

jabis
16-09-2016, 08:07 PM

Enjoy!

Girlfriend pee'd off......great video,just watched the rangers game,the referee was from east kilbried......"no **** Sherlock"