PDA

View Full Version : Under 20's v St Mirren

Hamish
13-09-2016, 05:33 PM
1-0 to Hibs after 30 mins. No idea of team as neither St Mirren or Hibs Twitter are so far covering it.

Ronniekirk
13-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Had hoped to get down to this game but 6 ocloc kick off scuppered that Work got in the way

Hamish
13-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Finished 2-1 Hibs. Injury time winner.

Billy Whizz
13-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Finished 2-1 Hibs. Injury time winner.

Thanks Hamish

Finn2015
13-09-2016, 07:42 PM
2 wins and 2 draws from opening four games. Good statt

oconnors_strip
13-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Harris got first and josh Campbell with winner

Allan M.
13-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Very decent performance from the lads, should really have won much more comfortably.

Team was:

Laidlaw; Eardley (Donaldson); Crane; Porteus; Waugh; Martin; Harris; I Murray (Campbell); Shaw; Keatings and F Murray.

We led for much of the game, but Saints equalised in injury time. Laidlaw had come rushing out to clear a through ball and managed to get the ball to the half-way line, but Saints player picked it up and battered it in from a good 40 yards or so. Excellent controlled finish, despite the keeper's best efforts to get back and grab it.

Thankfully we then went up the pitch and grabbed a winner almost immediately. Great top corner finish from Josh Campbell from the edge of the box.

Neil Eardley (playing right back) looked a wee bit shaky early on I thought, but came onto a game. Put some tempting crosses into the box and organised the defence well.

A few good cutbacks from from Boozy Harris too, but no takers for them.

mim
14-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Very decent performance from the lads, should really have won much more comfortably.

Team was:

Laidlaw; Eardley (Donaldson); Crane; Porteus; Waugh; Martin; Harris; I Murray (Campbell); Shaw; Keatings and F Murray.

We led for much of the game, but Saints equalised in injury time. Laidlaw had come rushing out to clear a through ball and managed to get the ball to the half-way line, but Saints player picked it up and battered it in from a good 40 yards or so. Excellent controlled finish, despite the keeper's best efforts to get back and grab it.

Thankfully we then went up the pitch and grabbed a winner almost immediately. Great top corner finish from Josh Campbell from the edge of the box.

Neil Eardley (playing right back) looked a wee bit shaky early on I thought, but came onto a game. Put some tempting crosses into the box and organised the defence well.

Thanks for that :aok:

Tamhere1875
14-09-2016, 10:30 AM
A late goal from Josh Campbell saw Hibs development team beat St Mirren 2-1 in Paisley tonight. Having dominated the first half Hibs went in 1-0 up threw an Alex Harris goal but it could have been 3 or 4 ,having hit the post twice and the bar once. The second half was a more even game but saying that Hibs never looked under any pressure until the final minute of normal time when a mistake from goalkeeper Ross Laidlaw let St Mirren score with their first shot on target.
Hibs kicked of and when up the park and scored a cracking goal from sub Josh Campbell. So another win from the development team my MOM Fraser Murray who had an excellent game.
Hibs had a trialis playing right back (Neil Eardley) did ok not a lot to do in the first half and was taken off after 75 mins.

Next game at home to Falkirk at the Oriam on the 20th September.

Bill Milne
14-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Great result, given that St Mirren have themselves had a very good start to the season!!

--------
14-09-2016, 12:02 PM

Team was:

He's on the bottle now? I KNEW that laddie was a badjin. :devil: