PDA

View Full Version : Press complaints Daily Record

Captain Trips
12-09-2016, 09:57 PM
I tonight launched a complaint about the Daily Record headline on the 23rd of May.

I just looked at IPSO site out of interest without really thinking of taking it further, however on navigating the site the process is so simple and quick I just went for it.

Basically attached a link to photo of front page and stated it was not based on fact and was extremely OTT with no proof even close to it.

https://www.ipso.co.uk/make-a-complaint/

If any of you have time give it a go, we are just within the 4 months time frame.

I am not and never have said no players were touched however there is no way it was all of them or even close "battered or spat on"

Eyrie
12-09-2016, 10:08 PM
Probably worth emphasising that the rag made serious allegations which have not been substantiated by the police response.

grunt
12-09-2016, 10:11 PM
I think there's already been a complaint made to Ipso about this article which was denied. Good luck with this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
12-09-2016, 10:17 PM
You're wasting your time. The purpose of newspapers isn't to fill you in on the facts. Newspapers are for delusional people who want their own opinions to be passed off as fact. That's why people generally only buy newspapers that feed into their own views, while disregarding anything that dares to challenge those view points.

Lancs Harp
12-09-2016, 10:21 PM
You're wasting your time. The purpose of newspapers isn't to fill you in on the facts. Newspapers are for delusional people who want their own opinions to be passed off as fact. That's why people generally only buy newspapers that feed into their own views, while disregarding anything that dares to challenge those view points.

Pretty much spot on that fella.

AltheHibby
13-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Or we buy the Telegraph in the airport for the free bottle of water. 😬

Keith_M
13-09-2016, 11:08 AM
I think there's already been a complaint made to Ipso about this article which was denied. Good luck with this one.

IIRC, the complaint was rejected on the grounds that the Complainant wasn't actually at the stadium on the day.

Feel free to make of that what you will but if you were actually there, they at least can't use that excuse again.