PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Nation

grammyb111
12-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Noticed that Celtic played 'Zombie Nation' when they scored on Saturday, credit where it is due for the wind up

Kato
12-09-2016, 09:47 AM
It's a bit like shooting fish in a barrel though.

IvanSproule
12-09-2016, 10:03 AM
They also hung effigies of protestants from their necks over one of the stands.............

I've got no time for the "wind ups" from either of those lousy clubs.

Ozyhibby
12-09-2016, 10:05 AM
They also hung effigies of protestants from their necks over one of the stands.............

How do you know they were Protestants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrinityHibs
12-09-2016, 10:09 AM

Distinct red hue to their trousers stopping just below the knee:dunno:

IvanSproule
12-09-2016, 10:12 AM

Dressed them in orange sashes i believe.

I'm Certainly no fan of the orange order to put it mildly but they could have just put scarves on them and it would be equally as vile.

On International suicide awareness day no less

Craig_HFC
12-09-2016, 10:14 AM

I'm Certainly no fan of the orange order to put it mildly but they could have just put scarves on them and it would be equally as vile.

They had Sevco scarves on them.

CropleyWasGod
12-09-2016, 10:17 AM

The Record has a photo of one with a Rangers scarf, but no sash.

Hands tied behind its back, "as if executed".

So, quite possibly not a Protestant, but a Catholic informer...... :rolleyes:

IvanSproule
12-09-2016, 10:19 AM
They had Sevco scarves on them.

Mate just text me the photo he was on about. One with a scarf, another next to it with a sash.

Semantics really.

Edit. Apparently can be seen on the sun article but i won't be checking

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2016, 10:19 AM
The Record has a photo of one with a Rangers scarf, but no sash.

Hands tied behind its back, "as if executed".

So, quite possibly not a Protestant, but a Catholic informer...... :rolleyes:

... and hanging under a banner that said "this is it bhoys, this is war". So presumably it was meant to be some kind of IRA homage? Classy stuff. :rolleyes:

Craig_HFC
12-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Mate just text me the photo he was on about. One with a scarf, another next to it with a sash.

Semantics really.

Agreed, horrible stuff either way.

BUT it's the game that Scottish football has been missing eh?

:rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
12-09-2016, 10:21 AM
No matter how distasteful the effigy was surely it was meant to represent the self inflicted death of Rangers football club in 2012.

Anything else seen in it we can leave to the mock outrage of the Daily Record's letter page.

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2016, 10:23 AM
No matter how distasteful the effigy was surely it was meant to represent the self inflicted death of Rangers football club in 2012.

Anything else seen in it we can leave to the mock outrage of the Daily Record's letter page.

Difficult to self-inflict your death if your hands are tied behind your back?

WoreTheGreen
12-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Agreed, horrible stuff either way.

BUT it's the game that Scottish football has been missing eh?

:rolleyes:

Really have missed "the Glesgie banter"

stokesmessiah
12-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Thank god the "Armageddon" is over and we can now move on with attracting sponsors to our league again.

Jim44
12-09-2016, 10:33 AM
A lot of the muppets on FF were construing it, wrongly in my opinion, as a disrespectful comment on the death of Kris Boyd's brother. Disgraceful as the Celtic fans' motives were, I don't think they would stoop that low.

Big_Franck
12-09-2016, 10:37 AM
A lot of the muppets on FF were construing it, wrongly in my opinion, as a disrespectful comment on the death of Kris Boyd's brother. Disgraceful as the Celtic fans' motives were, I don't think they would stoop that low.

I think they would. Both sets of fans are absolute pond life.

IvanSproule
12-09-2016, 02:43 PM

Hadn't heard about that, terrible.
Agree it is a bit of a stretch to say they are related. Makes it all the more obvious how rotten it is though.

Salt N Sauzee
12-09-2016, 02:52 PM

You don't think that the same set of fans that boo the minutes silence every November would stoop that low?

I read a verse online of a Celtic fans version of the Warburton song and it mocked the Rangers player Peralta that died and gloated that Gascoigne would be dead by Xmas. They 100% would stoop that low. Don't get me wrong I hate everything about Rangers but Celtic are just as bad. **** the pair of them!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-09-2016, 02:53 PM

:agree:

CentreLine
12-09-2016, 03:04 PM

:agree:

JeMeSouviens
12-09-2016, 03:08 PM
They both have lots (and lots) of ****my fans. The difference is that the New Huns have them in the boardroom as well as the stands.

EastCalderHibby
12-09-2016, 03:40 PM
They both have lots (and lots) of ****my fans. The difference is that the New Huns have them in the boardroom as well as the stands.

:top marks:agree:

steakbake
12-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Before we get too worked up, we did have a very popular song about a certain gent who wouldn't be home for his tea, another one questioning the immigration status of an opponent's player and another about the possible homosexuality of player in a way that that should even be a problem.

Celtic and The Rangers do take things to a different level though. However, I have walked through both sets of fans of a match day and by a country mile, the Rangers are the skankiest of the lot. They get a lot of slack from the media and the powers that be in football. The photo of them posing with the loyalist flute band - yes, that will end the sectarian singing in the stands and yes, that shows the club takes it seriously.

The strung up dolls with sashes or The Rangers scarves on... just part of the 'banter' that sees dummies placed on top of bonfires on the glorious 12th. I don't understand it myself.

I wouldn't think that a doll with a sash on can necessarily be equated to a protestant, though. I'm pretty sure many protestants would well... protest... at the insinuation that an orange man is the same thing as being of the protestant faith. In a sense, all orange men are protestants, but very few protestants are orange men.

Sir David Gray
12-09-2016, 03:53 PM
You don't think that the same set of fans that boo the minutes silence every November would stoop that low?

I read a verse online of a Celtic fans version of the Warburton song and it mocked the Rangers player Peralta that died and gloated that Gascoigne would be dead by Xmas. They 100% would stoop that low. Don't get me wrong I hate everything about Rangers but Celtic are just as bad. **** the pair of them!

Both clubs are cancerous and an absolute blight on Scottish football and society in general.

I'll never understand anyone who says Celtic aren't as bad as Sevco. They're one and the same in my book.

To hell with the pair of them.

worcesterhibby
12-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Maybe... but no one in the Celtic Boardroom stopped the fans hanging effigies

Ozyhibby
12-09-2016, 04:33 PM

I think there will be action from Celtic on this this week.

BoomtownHibees
12-09-2016, 07:00 PM

And how would they have done that?

Famous Fiver
12-09-2016, 07:09 PM
I wonder what the English FA and Premier League will make of it the next time their switch to England comes up?

In a way, I can't wait to see both of them disgrace themselves if they did ger into England. They would both be out on their ears within days.

The Falcon
12-09-2016, 08:01 PM

Semantics really.

Was it not also a Sevco scarf? One of the orange ones that seem to be plentiful down Govan way. A tribute to the dutch contingent that were abundant in times gone by I believe.

majorhibs
12-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Anyone remember the disgusting ditties fi each- Johnny DOyle_ zzz zzz zzz.... Or- wheres yer Bobby gone, left his engine on.... I remember fine being very young but social media nowadays, well, ye would think youngsters nowadays were inventing "offensive" stuff_ these morons were as disgusting or mair in the 70s when it was virtually impossible to be caught, but I mind derbies televised beween said 2 where the.deaths of those players was forced onto a younger generation who were attempting to form opinions. & Some oplnions ended correct, but a lot went the complete wrong way. Just all you young hotshot social media experts imagine having only live games at ER or 2 X 1/2 hour slots a weekend as your football upbringing wi what was bigger/sorry. equal pondlife then. I'm nae tic lover & have plenty reasons tae despise them, but to put them in the same category as the huns? Seriously?

WeeRussell
13-09-2016, 04:41 PM
A few valid points here, I'm still not sure what the motives were behind the hanging dolls, but it was out of order regardless.

I do wonder how many hibs fans who are condemning a lot of this think it's justified, or just banter to sing and dance to "Wallace mercer, six feet under" etc etc etc. Thankfully I don't think these are quite as rife as they once were but it's another example of how we can see one thing as outrageous, but just a bit of fun when it happens in our own house. (We're 100% nowhere near their level and not even on the sectarian scale obviously...)

Wee Effen Bee
13-09-2016, 05:03 PM
A few valid points here, I'm still not sure what the motives were behind the hanging dolls, but it was out of order regardless.

I do wonder how many hibs fans who are condemning a lot of this think it's justified, or just banter to sing and dance to "Wallace mercer, six feet under" etc etc etc. Thankfully I don't think these are quite as rife as they once were but it's another example of how we can see one thing as outrageous, but just a bit of fun when it happens in our own house. (We're 100% nowhere near their level and not even on the sectarian scale obviously...)

A direct quote from a Celtic fan season ticket holder, although not a part of the Green Brigade, -
"The effigies were nothing to do with Kris Boyd's brother, first, and foremost, they were to highlight The Rangers as a corrupt and hostile entity."
She is part of the (extended) family and is not prone to defending the GB unconditionally as she has let rip against them previously. She also said she didn't like the whole idea of the caricatures as it was too close a link with the poor guy taking his own life.

CropleyWasGod
13-09-2016, 05:50 PM
A direct quote from a Celtic fan season ticket holder, although not a part of the Green Brigade, -
"The effigies were nothing to do with Kris Boyd's brother, first, and foremost, they were to highlight The Rangers as a corrupt and hostile entity."
She is part of the (extended) family and is not prone to defending the GB unconditionally as she has let rip against them previously. She also said she didn't like the whole idea of the caricatures as it was too close a link with the poor guy taking his own life.
So why hanged, and hands tied behind their backs? That doesn't say "corrupt " to me. It says "execution".

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
13-09-2016, 07:49 PM
So why hanged, and hands tied behind their backs? That doesn't say "corrupt " to me. It says "execution".

Perhaps when you hang so called 'baddies' for doing terrible deeds, their hands are invariably tied behind their backs? :dunno: So 'execution' for being 'corrupt' is logical...if not highly immoral. They maybe see themselves as killing off the The Rangers club/brand/institution and putting them out their misery. As I said, this was a Celtic fan's view on the proceedings.

Frazerbob
13-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Did we not sack our DJ for similar banter?

jacomo
13-09-2016, 10:22 PM

I didn't get the effigies at all, and explanations ring hollow.

They were a crass provocation, no doubt about that.

HillaryBriss
14-09-2016, 06:18 AM
Both clubs are cancerous and an absolute blight on Scottish football and society in general.

I'll never understand anyone who says Celtic aren't as bad as Sevco. They're one and the same in my book.

To hell with the pair of them.

I despise my fellow fans who have an 'infinity' or 'soft spot' for Celtic. For me, they are the worst of the two. Vile, horrible creatures. They hide behind the 'victims' banner. Rangers are just as bad but Celtic, wow they fill me with hate !!!!
It's time something was done about this fixture as what happens between the two sets of fans, detracts from what actually happens on the park !
Play the game behind closed doors if this nonsense continues.

Winston Ingram
14-09-2016, 07:32 AM

Protestants? I thought it was to signify the death of Rangers?