PDA

View Full Version : Spending a weekend in Edin

Highland_Hibee
11-09-2016, 10:17 PM
and I've managed to convince my brother and our mate to come along to the Dundee United game with me. My brother is your typical "Scottish football is rubbish" kind of guy and our pal is a big Celtc fan.

Always reckoned my brother would adopt Hibs if I could get him to a game, even if he's "all about Liverpool".

Has anybody else tried to lure pals along to Easter Road to test their loyalties?

Any success stories?

NAE NOOKIE
11-09-2016, 10:40 PM
and I've managed to convince my brother and our mate to come along to the Dundee United game with me. My brother is your typical "Scottish football is rubbish" kind of guy and our pal is a big Celtc fan.

Always reckoned my brother would adopt Hibs if I could get him to a game, even if he's "all about Liverpool".

Has anybody else tried to lure pals along to Easter Road to test their loyalties?

Any success stories?

Used to take my pals 10 year old wee brother now and again when I was in my early 20s and now he has teenage kids of his own and takes them to ER ... does that count :greengrin

monktonharp
12-09-2016, 01:33 AM

Any success stories?I was lured, at the tender age of 13/14 and been going ever since:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2016, 06:08 AM
I was lured by my brother in law, I hold him responsible for my addiction.

itslegaltender
12-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Taking my Yankee work colleague to the UTD game when he is over. Doesn't have a Scottish team yet...

rodhibs55
12-09-2016, 07:56 AM
I work away from home a lot so miss a lot of games. One of the biggest was the Jambos cup replay.
When in Edinburgh, I work in a pretty international office. One of the Irish guys asked if I could get him a ticket for the game which I of course said no problem. This quickly spiraled and I ended up standing in the que, as many did for 3 hours and getting 5 tickets. One for the Irish colleague, one for a sheep supporter and hater of the Jambos, two for two Spanish guys and one for a French guy. Results is of course we have 4 new supporters, 1 Irish, 1 French and 2 Spanish.

GGTTH

Fife-Hibee
12-09-2016, 09:49 AM
My 7 year old grandsons dad is a hun and he was following in his dad's footsteps. Now my daughter and the Hun have broke up he now has a nice new hibs strip and going to his first game on Saturday ! SO SO HAPPY :-)))

Jim44
12-09-2016, 11:00 AM
My grandson lives in Dunfermline, enjoys playing with a local team and has a few eclectic football tops. My son and I have had him to a couple of games at ER and he's just asked for a Hibs strip for his birthday ........ mission accomplished I hope.

Highland_Hibee
12-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Good stories folks. Hoping with a good crowd and good performance I can get my brother down to ER more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorgie Green
12-09-2016, 11:52 AM
My girlfriend has never shown any interest in football, and her 2 daughters were Hearts fans, and her son Hibs, although none had ever been to a match.
It started with taking her son to home matches with me, then one of his sisters wanted to go as well. It has now evolved into all 5 of us going to home matches together which I am sure annoys their Hearts supporting dad!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
12-09-2016, 12:17 PM
great stories guys :thumbsup:

Earlydelivery
12-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Got a friend who was a die hard sevco fan in his youth along came his son and I started to push him along to Easter red as a child he's 30 now with a fanatical 10 yr old son who loves the hibs mission accomplished :thumbsup:

jacomo
12-09-2016, 01:17 PM
I've introduced a few Americans to live 'soccer' at ER. All have been baffled but left as fans... although they all live in USA so not sure what benefit the club derives from this.

My own kids are English and I've indoctrinated both of them. Neither has chosen an English club yet, and I've told them that is their own choice - but, lucky things, they get Hibs for free. Maybe they will never follow an English team at all!

gorgie greens
12-09-2016, 11:08 PM
I've introduced a few Americans to live 'soccer' at ER. All have been baffled but left as fans... although they all live in USA so not sure what benefit the club derives from this.

My own kids are English and I've indoctrinated both of them. Neither has chosen an English club yet, and I've told them that is their own choice - but, lucky things, they get Hibs for free. Maybe they will never follow an English team at all!

My sister married a jambo and the whole family were Hearts daft infact one of them played for Hearts in the late 70,s ,my brother in law was always going to take his daughter to a game but would rather go with the guys and have a few pints, i took my niece to one game and she was hooked for life , much to my brother in laws disgust but it made my sister smile

Highland_Hibee
12-09-2016, 11:11 PM
I'm loving some of these. Makes it sound like convincing my brother should be a piece of cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk