PDA

View Full Version : Low Profile Lennon

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2016, 09:41 AM
There doesn't appear to be so many interviews and media stuff with Lennon as there was with Stubbs.

Other than a post match bit on radio and pre / post match reports I'm not reading much from him.

I wonder if this is a conscious decision to 'do our talking on the pitch', keeping a low profile with the pending hearing or maybe I'm just missing it?

greenteam
11-09-2016, 09:46 AM
There doesn't appear to be so many interviews and media stuff with Lennon as there was with Stubbs.

Other than a post match bit on radio and pre / post match reports I'm not reading much from him.

I wonder if this is a conscious decision to 'do our talking on the pitch', keeping a low profile with the pending hearing or maybe I'm just missing it?

Maybe he is getting sick about being asked about Celtic and has made a decision not to..with the OF derby this weekend he probably thought it better not to do any media stuff because it would draw away the conversation about Hibs and be aimed at that other game
.I respect and understand his thinking if true

green day
11-09-2016, 09:47 AM

Not sure if its anything to do with the hearing, probably rather that he has been burned before and isnt daft enough to give them what they can use against us.

Im happy that we are 'flying under the radar' despite 5 out of five so far.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2016, 09:49 AM

Maybe more to do with 95% of his interviews end up with him being asked about Celtic this and Celtic that.

Would imagine the West coast media are banging down his door for comments on yesterday's game.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-09-2016, 09:49 AM
I love neil lennon

AlbertK86
11-09-2016, 10:33 AM
More to do with sevco not being in league anymore.

Media no longer give a f*** about championship

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Stubbs would have gone to the opening of a letter, he was constantly on five live and talksport keeping his profile in the media.

They did not want him on their programmes because he was Hibs manager.

He'd have 5-10 minute interviews with 30 seconds about Hibs and the rest on Everton or Celtic or what his plans were for future.

Carheenlea
11-09-2016, 10:46 AM
The only guy at Dumbarton from the BBC was Derek Ferguson, and he doesn't do interviews. More to do with less coverage of Championship in the absence of Rangers.

Col2
11-09-2016, 10:50 AM
I am happy to go about this league with minimum fuss, build up a lead hopefully and be 10 points + ahead when we are all eating our Christmas turkey.

We just need to get in done and I have to say I couldn't care less about the coverage.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2016, 11:16 AM
The more that Lennon identifies himself as the current Hibernian manager rather than the ex Celtc manager then the better it is for us.

Enough said
11-09-2016, 12:00 PM
The more that Lennon identifies himself as the current Hibernian manager rather than the ex Celtc manager then the better it is for us.

Spot on there

Sas_The_Hibby
11-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Managerial media interviews are usually pretty embarrassing anyway.

What can a manager say without
a) appearing arrogant or
b) appearing to be disrespectful to the opposition or
c) appearing to criticise his own players or
d) being accused of papering over the cracks or
e) stating the obvious or
f) all the above?

Mind you, I wouldn't have missed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7P7XJxATAA for anything :greengrin

GreenLake
11-09-2016, 01:10 PM
His record is 5 and 5 which speaks volumes.

hfc rd
11-09-2016, 01:39 PM
His record is 5 and 5 which speaks volumes.

Has a Hibs manager ever done that before in their first 5 competitive league games as manager before?

Scorrie
11-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Has a Hibs manager ever done that before in their first 5 competitive league games as manager before?

Willie McCartney (?) 1947?

GreenLake
11-09-2016, 01:59 PM

I can't remember any.

Keith_M
11-09-2016, 02:20 PM
He was interviewed this week and the press chose to only print his answer to one question, about the the game at Celtc Park yesterday.

I could understand a reluctance to speak to them, as this selective reporting of any interview could give a false impression about his priorities.

Ardenttwo
11-09-2016, 05:59 PM
He was interviewed this week and the press chose to only print his answer to one question, about the the game at Celtc Park yesterday.

I could understand a reluctance to speak to them, as this selective reporting of any interview could give a false impression about his priorities.

I was very impressed with Neil up at Turriff. As he walked to the dug out for the start of the second half he got dogs abuse from three Turriff supporters Just gave a rye smile and walked on. These three drunks were right close to him as well

Vini1875
11-09-2016, 07:56 PM

Dan McMichael (twice), Alec Maley and Willie McCartney

Enough said
11-09-2016, 08:30 PM
I was very impressed with Neil up at Turriff. As he walked to the dug out for the start of the second half he got dogs abuse from three Turriff supporters Just gave a rye smile and walked on. These three drunks were right close to him as well.

What were you expecting him to do? Cant say I recall him dashing with supporters before

we are hibs
11-09-2016, 10:01 PM
The only guy at Dumbarton from the BBC was Derek Ferguson, and he doesn't do interviews. More to do with less coverage of Championship in the absence of Rangers.

Why doesnt he do interviews? Is it because he can't string a sentence together?

monktonharp
11-09-2016, 10:16 PM
Stubbs would have gone to the opening of a letter, he was constantly on five live and talksport keeping his profile in the media.

They did not want him on their programmes because he was Hibs manager.

He'd have 5-10 minute interviews with 30 seconds about Hibs and the rest on Everton or Celtic or what his plans were for future.So, he had 30 seconds to reply about his contact with Hibernian, who employed him at the time, then, ......they did not really want him on their programmes? what is your point? is it about talksport, or about five live? dinnae ken exactly whae they are or might be

connerg
12-09-2016, 12:08 AM
Why doesnt he do interviews? Is it because he can't string a sentence together?

Yes. He's thick. stupid and can't speak English to a reasonable level. He gets a job at the West Coast BBC because he once played for a team from Govan. They no longer exist.

Paul Lambert, in his early years at Celtiic, was terrible at speaking. A basic human being requirement that should have been addressed by the education system in Scotland.

Keith_M
12-09-2016, 05:55 AM
Paul Lambert, in his early years at Celtiic, was terrible at speaking. A basic human being requirement that should have been addressed by the education system in Scotland.

Presumably you were eloquence personified as an 18 year old.

Cos' Ah ken Ah wisnae, like.

blackpoolhibs
12-09-2016, 06:17 AM
So, he had 30 seconds to reply about his contact with Hibernian, who employed him at the time, then, ......they did not really want him on their programmes? what is your point? is it about talksport, or about five live? dinnae ken exactly whae they are or might be

Stubbs was keeping his profile high in England all through his tenure at Hibs, he knew where the interviews were going, and could have refused them if he wanted.

Of course he didn't though, and was on the radio virtually every week whenever Martinez or Delia had a bad result. I'm glad Lennon seems like he has decided to distance himself from all that bollox.

NZ Green
12-09-2016, 03:34 PM
I really like Lennon - I've only seen a few post match interviews since I didn't have much interest in him until he came to Hibs, he just seems really calm and honest (Irish accent probably helps!), his lines don't sound rehearsed or cliched as much as most managers. He doesn't seem like he's trying to force his views on anyone, as people have said, I think he prefers to let the teams performance to the talking.

He had a really good interview on the radio recently talking about hows he's portrayed in the media as this angry man. He said something like, "When you see a photo of me in the papers, you see a man screaming at someone from the sideline" which is exactly the image that came to mind, which made me chuckle, he then goes on to say how he isn't like that at all.
Even in the post match interview at Dumbarton he seemed really humble and had alot of praise for them, rightly so as they gave us alot of trouble last season.

I think he's a pretty sound guy and a good manager and I think we're quite lucky to have him. I'm pretty sure we'll be in the Premiership next season and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does for us when we get there.

Dom'sFirstTouch
12-09-2016, 06:02 PM
I've enjoyed Lennon's low key style. Let's just keep winning and let the media obsess over others.