PDA

View Full Version : snodgrass and sparky

greenteam
11-09-2016, 08:45 AM
As uasual ive been awake early and watched MOTD again. Anyway, I cant help but to be amazed how good Snodgrass has been recently. If Strachan can get him and Sparky working together id fancy a few goals for Scotland.Anja also played well yesterday. Burke looked good against Malta too.
Im just thinking we might have a chance of doing well this time. Some oppinions about how this might be achieved relating to formations and other players making an impression on the team would be of great help to me

GS..

worcesterhibby
11-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Scotland Team should be...

D. Gray

D. Gray D.Gray D. Gray D.Gray

D.Gray D.Gray J. McGinn D.Gray

D.Gray D.Gray

Northernhibee
11-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Scotland Team should be...

D. Gray

D. Gray D.Gray D. Gray D.Gray

D.Gray D.Gray J. McGinn D.Gray

D.Gray D.Gray
D Gray must be injured if McGinn's starting?

Just Jimmy
11-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Oliver Burke came off the bench and was involved in the goal in RBL's win over Dortmund yesterday.

Promising

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

greenteam
11-09-2016, 10:11 AM
I think the backbone of the team isnt bad. Concerns are defence and how to play a formation that works. I feel sorry for Strachan having to figure that out.

greenteam
11-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Oliver Burke came off the bench and was involved in the goal in RBL's win over Dortmund yesterday.

Promising

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Now with yesterday's result people might not be so sceptical about going there?

Cocaine&Caviar
11-09-2016, 10:25 AM
If i were boss, with long term planning in mind Aka Coleman 6-7 years ago.

GK: Marshall, Gunn (Brian's son at City).

RB: Paterson, Anya
CB: Hanley, Love, Souttar
CB: Cooper, Kingsley, Findlay
LB: Robertson, Tierney

CM: McArthur, Jack
CM: McGinn, Bannan

RW: Burke, Ritchie
AM: Gauld, McKay
LW: Snodgrass, Forrest, Christie

ST: Griffiths, Rhodes, Cummings

They might not flourish for a few years, but theres a lot of ability, potential & goals in the squad.

Iain G
11-09-2016, 10:44 AM

They might not flourish for a few years, but theres a lot of ability, potential & goals in the squad.

Is Matty Jack eligible for Scotland? ;-)

Argylehibby
11-09-2016, 10:54 AM

No Paul Hanlon?? I'd have Paul in the team now ahead of Hanley.

easty
11-09-2016, 10:54 AM

Gunn is pretty highly rated, played for England U21 already, so I don't see him being our future number 1.

Aren't Kingsley and Love full backs?

Dunno who Cooper or Findlay are?

Cocaine&Caviar
11-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Gunn is pretty highly rated, played for England U21 already, so I don't see him being our future number 1.

Aren't Kingsley and Love full backs?

Dunno who Cooper or Findlay are?

Kingsley & Love both played CB also.

Cooper at Leeds, left footed English lad recently declared & called up, avout 23 or 24 from memory.

Findlay, 20 years old. Signed for Newcastle from Celtic over summer. On loan at Killie last season i think.

The point was as much as anything to focus on fresh blood rather than the Morrisons, D. Fletchers, C. Adams, Greer, Martin's etc.

hfc rd
11-09-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm sure Steven Caulker is eligible for Scotland. Considering we don't have that many great options at CB, he could surely be worth a shout.

Time For Heroes
11-09-2016, 01:45 PM
I'm sure Steven Caulker is eligible for Scotland. Considering we don't have that many great options at CB, he could surely be worth a shout.

Sure he has an England cap, might be wrong?

hfc rd
11-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Sure he has an England cap, might be wrong?

Will he not be able to switch if he does have a cap for them?

Cocaine&Caviar
11-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Caulker is allowed to change because the cap was a friendly, i believe the same applies to Agbonlahor.

Personally, if someone has already aligned themselves with another country and been capped; i wouldnt want them. Although Caulker would walk into the Scotland team.

Time For Heroes
11-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Caulker is allowed to change because the cap was a friendly, i believe the same applies to Agbonlahor.

Personally, if someone has already aligned themselves with another country and been capped; i wouldnt want them. Although Caulker would walk into the Scotland team.

Didnt know that :greengrin

overdrive
11-09-2016, 07:04 PM
I'm sure I read the SFA approached Caulker and he told them to bolt. I think the same happened with Gunn as well.

California-Hibs
11-09-2016, 11:45 PM
No Paul Hanlon?? I'd have Paul in the team now ahead of Hanley.

Hanley is a better player than Hanlon. There's a reason he's playing for Blackburn in a vastly better league than the Scottish Championship. And I'm a Paul Hanlon fan!

Hanley gets total unnecessary stick from some Scotland fans. In my opinion of course.

leither17
11-09-2016, 11:57 PM
Hanley is a better player than Hanlon. There's a reason he's playing for Blackburn in a vastly better league than the Scottish Championship. And I'm a Paul Hanlon fan!

Hanley gets total unnecessary stick from some Scotland fans. In my opinion of course.

He has signed for Newcastle now

California-Hibs
12-09-2016, 05:51 AM
He has signed for Newcastle now

Ah yes, forgot that. The team most likely to win the league. Anyway regarding Snodgrass & Griffiths, I agree, they're our ace up the sleeves, 2 very fine players.