PDA

View Full Version : Camm bell saves 3 penalties

Big L
10-09-2016, 08:21 PM
I think Dun Utd will be our main rivals for the title, how lucky were they today, Bell saved 3 penalties and they won 3-1.

Galahibby
10-09-2016, 08:35 PM
I was listening to that on Off The Ball thinking The Rangers were lucky they didn't get beat 8-1. Bell signing for United totally passed me by! :embarrass

Cat Stanton
10-09-2016, 10:31 PM
I was listening to that on Off The Ball thinking The Rangers were lucky they didn't get beat 8-1. Bell signing for United totally passed me by! :embarrass

a Dunfermline pal said Utd were *****. That we had "nothing to worry about". From the look of it QoS may be more of threat.

Thecat23
10-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Utd are utter *****. Lucky to be top 3 this season.

Jim44
10-09-2016, 11:18 PM
I think a keeper saving three penalties says vastly more about the penalty takers than about the skill of the keeper.

Hermit Crab
10-09-2016, 11:21 PM
I think Dun Utd will be our main rivals for the title, how lucky were they today, Bell saved 3 penalties and they won 3-1.

With 10 men.

Pete
10-09-2016, 11:26 PM
I think a keeper saving three penalties says vastly more about the penalty takers than about the skill of the keeper.

Definitely. Missing one happens and you can accept it but two, or three is utterly unacceptable. A large part of why takers two and three missed is pure and simple lack of bottle. If I was a pars fan or their manager I would be absolutely furious and would tell the missers to go away, look in the mirror and ask themselves if they should be out there.

DH1875
11-09-2016, 12:16 AM
Always rated Cammy Bell. Other than the playoff defeat for the rangers I think he's been pretty decent throughout his career. So much so, I wouldn't have minded if we had signed him.

snooky
11-09-2016, 06:34 AM
He should get to keep the ball for his 'hat-trick'.

Finn2015
11-09-2016, 07:27 AM
Bloody annoying as still feel Dundee United will be a challenge and any dropped points from them a big bonus

scoopyboy
11-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Always rated Cammy Bell. Other than the playoff defeat for the rangers I think he's been pretty decent throughout his career. So much so, I wouldn't have minded if we had signed him.

He was gash against us in the 4-2 cup win at Rugby Park.

I wouldn't want him.

TrinityHibs
11-09-2016, 07:38 AM
He should get to keep the ball for his 'hat-trick'.

He did

confused
11-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Definitely. Missing one happens and you can accept it but two, or three is utterly unacceptable. A large part of why takers two and three missed is pure and simple lack of bottle. If I was a pars fan or their manager I would be absolutely furious and would tell the missers to go away, look in the mirror and ask themselves if they should be out there.
I wonder if we all felt the same when the ball was on the other foot ?

banchoryhibs
11-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Maybe Dunfermline are crap at taking penalties but how poor are Utd if they concede 3 to begin with?
I would be raging if we conceded 3 in any game.

macca70
11-09-2016, 10:05 AM

Decen effort but he's no as good as Conrad penalty save master Logan!!

emerald green
11-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Who was the referee? Very brave and unusual to award 3 penalties against one team in such a short space of time IMO.

EDIT: Referee was John Beaton.

resident_Arab
11-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Utd are utter *****. Lucky to be top 3 this season.

Nonsense

resident_Arab
11-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Who was the referee? Very brave and unusual to award 3 penalties against one team in such a short space of time IMO.

EDIT: Referee was John Beaton.

He was itching to give them, you will remember him at Ibrox a couple years back

Also booked our keeper and back four in first half mainly for complaining and it was obvious we'd not finish with 11, and sure enough Dixon sent off for winning the ball and denies us a stonewaller

2001 Utd fans at EEP yesterday

SaulGoodman
11-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Nonsense

Yous are ***** :wink:

BoomtownHibees
11-09-2016, 02:28 PM

Is that all?

hfc rd
11-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdGrKWA9n3s

Albanian Hibs
11-09-2016, 03:09 PM

Also booked our keeper and back four in first half mainly for complaining and it was obvious we'd not finish with 11, and sure enough Dixon sent off for winning the ball and denies us a stonewaller

Thats crap. We will fill our end when we go there.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2016, 03:14 PM

That ment to be impressive ?

FWIW Dundee utd will be our nearest challengers in the coming season but they will be nowhere hibs come May.

resident_Arab
11-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Our crowds are generally excellent home and away, especially after such a poor 18 months

Guess we'll see how crap we are in the four league games though

We are much better than last season, not hard as it's probably the worst Utd side in the last half century with poor managers, not the case now, still have flaws and the new players that just joined need time to gel, I'd be utterly extactic with second all things considered, that won't be easy

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2016, 03:18 PM
1st save was excellent but pens 2and 3 were awful. What was the Utd player doing when giving away the second?!? Nothing to fear going by these highlights.

resident_Arab
11-09-2016, 03:18 PM

FWIW Dundee utd will be our nearest challengers in the coming season but they will be nowhere hibs come May.

It is impressive

Pete
11-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Our crowds are generally excellent home and away, especially after such a poor 18 months

Guess we'll see how crap we are in the four league games though

We are much better than last season, not hard as it's probably the worst Utd side in the last half century with poor managers, not the case now, still have flaws and the new players that just joined need time to gel, I'd be utterly extactic with second all things considered, that won't be easy

If you do end up second, or even third or fourth, you are about to find out how hard it is. It takes a superhuman effort to reach the final and when you do, you will be a sitting duck for a premier league team. We've never even been as far as that since relegation!

Taking 2000 from Dundee to Dunfermline isn't bad but it'll be dwarved when we come and take over Tannadice.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2016, 03:54 PM
It is impressive

Fair enough :aok:

Wait till we descend on Tannadice , That will be impressive.

DH1875
11-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Me thinks to many people are forgetting about QOS.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Me thinks to many people are forgetting about QOS.

Be nowhere near Hibs come May.

Sir David Gray
11-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Having 2000 fans at an away game is pretty decent, particularly when you consider that Dundee Utd only get around 7000 at their home games.

I have no doubt that we will take more to Dunfermline when we go there but a 2000 travelling support is still quite good.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-09-2016, 04:46 PM

2100 is a highly impressive Dundee Utd away support.

SaulGoodman
11-09-2016, 04:56 PM

Pfft we took about just 600 short of that all the way to Turriff to watch a second string team play in the Irn Bru cup

HibbyAndy
11-09-2016, 05:13 PM

Wait till we head for EEP, That will be highly impressive

northstandhibby
11-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Wait till we head for EEP, That will be highly impressive

Be around 4000 raucous Hibernian supporters in great voice.

Unlike the barbarian hun neanderthals I will seek to take advantage of using the EEP toilet facilities in the normal fashion without feeling the need to viciously and destructively wreck them.

Mon the Cabbage

emerald green
11-09-2016, 05:24 PM

It's pointless moaning about your team being screwed over by the referee mate. You should be happy your team won though.

I've been watching my team getting that treatment from referees (and linesmen) for more years than I care to remember, including a cup final and in a recent Championship play-off match against Falkirk last season.

Why do you think Beaton was itching to give penalties against your team BTW? Remind me about him at Ibrox a couple of years back. What was that all about?

resident_Arab
11-09-2016, 11:58 PM
If you do end up second, or even third or fourth, you are about to find out how hard it is. It takes a superhuman effort to reach the final and when you do, you will be a sitting duck for a premier league team. We've never even been as far as that since relegation!

Taking 2000 from Dundee to Dunfermline isn't bad but it'll be dwarved when we come and take over Tannadice.

That's why I want second, two ties is doable, three is a lot

We've taken 2200 and 1900 to ER the last two league cup meetings midweek which is generally more than hibs bring to tannadice, apart from the 1-4 game around 2004/05 when you had about 4000, but we don't give teams that many tickets anymore

You will get the shed (2100) and if needed the fairplay (1400-1500)

I'd have exected a similar excellent following for us in October before it was changed to Sunday dinnertime for TV, we'll still bring good numbers as we do that everywhere but it will probably reduce the support by a third or even half

resident_Arab
12-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Having 2000 fans at an away game is pretty decent, particularly when you consider that Dundee Utd only get around 7000 at their home games.

I have no doubt that we will take more to Dunfermline when we go there but a 2000 travelling support is still quite good.

Only? That's very good actually, especially given we have barely won any home games for eighteen months and have jist suffered relegation, only lost 10% of our season ticket base from the previous season and have plenty payg so far

resident_Arab
12-09-2016, 12:07 AM
It's pointless moaning about your team being screwed over by the referee mate. You should be happy your team won though.

I've been watching my team getting that treatment from referees (and linesmen) for more years than I care to remember, including a cup final and in a recent Championship play-off match against Falkirk last season.

Why do you think Beaton was itching to give penalties against your team BTW? Remind me about him at Ibrox a couple of years back. What was that all about?

He changed the game in a game Hibs were dominating, I was watching it, might have went to extra time?

You're talking to a Utd fan though , we've been screwed in finals by refs more than once aswell, 2008 league cup final vs oldco for one and there was mccurrygate a couple months later at Ibrox

They seem worse in this division, didn't think that possible, and it isn't the pens I'm meaning, Beaton is awful

JimBHibees
12-09-2016, 06:28 AM
He changed the game in a game Hibs were dominating, I was watching it, might have went to extra time?

You're talking to a Utd fan though , we've been screwed in finals by refs more than once aswell, 2008 league cup final vs oldco for one and there was mccurrygate a couple months later at Ibrox

They seem worse in this division, didn't think that possible, and it isn't the pens I'm meaning, Beaton is awful

Good to see United taking such a big support. Pity our game in October was moved for TVs as think it would have been near a full house but will still be decent whatever. McKinnon will do a decent job but needs a bit of time.

Definitely remember you been done over by refs in finals one where Luggy was booted up and down the park by Forsyth springs to mind. He must have been one of the bravest players to ever play the game given when he played and also playing with socks down and no shinnies.

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2016, 11:30 AM

That's actually pretty decent .... Hope you bring at least that many to ER it will add to the atmosphere. Shame its on the telly on the wrong day at stupid o'clock though, as you said in another post that will no doubt reduce the away support, but not by half surely? Good old TV ... reduced what would have been a near sell out to about 15,000.

resident_Arab
12-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Good to see United taking such a big support. Pity our game in October was moved for TVs as think it would have been near a full house but will still be decent whatever. McKinnon will do a decent job but needs a bit of time.

Definitely remember you been done over by refs in finals one where Luggy was booted up and down the park by Forsyth springs to mind. He must have been one of the bravest players to ever play the game given when he played and also playing with socks down and no shinnies.

Before my time but the 1981 league cup final , luggy thunderbolt ruled out for nothing when leading oldco 1-0, lose 2-1

resident_Arab
12-09-2016, 01:52 PM
That's actually pretty decent .... Hope you bring at least that many to ER it will add to the atmosphere. Shame its on the telly on the wrong day at stupid o'clock though, as you said in another post that will no doubt reduce the away support, but not by half surely? Good old TV ... reduced what would have been a near sell out to about 15,000.

Not by half no but yea Saturday 3pm would have been excellent crowd wise overall , I'd booked my trains as well >:(

hfc rd
12-09-2016, 07:18 PM
My mate at work who is a Dunfermline season ticket holder said that Dundee Utd look poor and we shouldn't worry ourselves about them. Reckons we'll have the league won well before May if we keep our main players fit and the results remain consistently good.

ozwoody
13-09-2016, 07:37 AM
As much as it a great effort saving three penalties,it says vastly more about the utd defence conceding three penalties in 23 mins that would worry me more if i was a utd fan.

JDHibs
13-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Well done to him for saving them, but ive watch them, all 3 were very poor, none of them were near the corner.

Not as impressive as it seems!

hibbysam
13-09-2016, 11:09 AM
My mate at work who is a Dunfermline season ticket holder said that Dundee Utd look poor and we shouldn't worry ourselves about them. Reckons we'll have the league won well before May if we keep our main players fit and the results remain consistently good.

That's surely stating the obvious is it not?? If our results remains consistently good we will win the league, if they take a downturn then we will not... If QOTS keep there consistent results going they will win the league etc...

essexhibee
13-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Slightly off topic but regarding tickets for the Tannadice fixture...how does the away ticket scheme work? In terms of priority etc?

As the username gives away I am sadly not a regular at match days. Have never been to a Hibs away game (outwith Hampden) and keen to go to one but booking flights etc in advance is a toughy if theres no chance of tickets ever going to general sale? Would really like to get an away day in! I have a number of loyalty points from previous home games I have been too.

Salt N Sauzee
13-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Heard yesterday that Bells achievement won't feature in the Guinness Book of Records as they don't identify the Scottish Championship as a top league. Only Premier Divisions make the cut.

resident_Arab
13-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Well done to him for saving them, but ive watch them, all 3 were very poor, none of them were near the corner.

Not as impressive as it seems!

The first was high down the middle when he was already going to his left

The second was hit hard and low to the right (not right in corner)

The third was the only poor penalty as he telegraphed out but Bell still had to guess right

To say it's not impressive is not realistic

resident_Arab
13-09-2016, 01:41 PM

That should be the case given Hibs budget, continuity and experience of this division now

By contrast we are at the early stages of a rebuild with 10 new players, our team hasn't even gelled yet, however our obliteration of Partick in the league cup was the best I've seen us since we sold GMS/Armstrong in Jan 2015, we have something about us if we sort out the defence

Northernhibee
13-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Heard yesterday that Bells achievement won't feature in the Guinness Book of Records as they don't identify the Scottish Championship as a top league. Only Premier Divisions make the cut.
Must explain why Sevco's incredible Scottish Cup victory won't feature either.