PDA

View Full Version : Insall watch

Nameless
10-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Playing in a higher league than last season, scores both goals in a 2-0 win. I'd like to think that if he can get 15 goals by Christmas, Lennon will consider bringing him back for the run in. That's a while off yet, but hopefully he keeps banging them in and improving each week.

hfc rd
10-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Speculation that Lennon doesn't seem to rate him and told him he was free to leave if wanted?

Nameless
10-09-2016, 05:26 PM
3 months is a long time in football - if he proves he can score regularly, Lennon would be silly not to give him a shot.

10-09-2016, 05:40 PM
3 months is a long time in football - if he proves he can score regularly, Lennon would be silly not to give him a shot.

I agree. Was an obscure signing brought in by Stubbs as a bit of a long term project but the boy certainly knows how to score. See how he gets on but if he scores a barrel load then defo worth giving him a shot IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2016, 05:44 PM
The lad took a chance chucking his job and coming up here to take his shot, even if he doesn't make it with Hibs he is showing that he can score goals and perhaps another full time professional club will sign him if he keeps going the way he is.

Leith's finest
10-09-2016, 05:46 PM
From what i hear he came back for pre season over weight and well over weight

Viva_Palmeiras
10-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Insall watch - quite like the sound of that where can I buy one? ;)

CRAZYHIBBY
10-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Speculation that Lennon doesn't seem to rate him and told him he was free to leave if wanted?

Says who?.....or are you blowing out yer erse?

ancient hibee
10-09-2016, 06:58 PM
From what i hear he came back for pre season over weight and well over weight

From what I heard he's actually two stone lighter than when he first came so doubt your informer.

Mibbes Aye
10-09-2016, 07:04 PM
I watched him a couple of times in pre-season. He looked sturdy, but no more than that and he was certainly busying about - he's not the tallest to begin with.

hfc rd
10-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Says who?.....or are you blowing out yer erse?

It was in the media during the last week of the transfer window when Carmichael got released and Stanton got sent out on loan. As I said speculation and I'm not blowing out my erse as you claim. Only going by what I heard. Could be genuine, could be lies.

Leith's finest
10-09-2016, 07:59 PM
From what I heard he's actually two stone lighter than when he first came so doubt your informer.

Can only go by what I heard, not 100% in the know, but I thought I'd post the comment anyway

Thegreenside
10-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Think he must deserve a chance on the basis he is a goal scorer

Brightside
10-09-2016, 08:30 PM

correct. he may never make it. but not for his effort. massive change for the boy.

Northernhibee
10-09-2016, 08:39 PM
If he stays at East Fife for the season he needs to score at least thirty goals this season. He'll need to be able to play top flight football next season and he needs to show that he's well, well beyond the level of East Fife to stand any chance of being good enough.

Flanny boy
10-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Gary Naismith aparantly said the lad is a natural goalscorer

pentlando
10-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Stevie May did it this way, hope for the lad yet

grammyb111
11-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Can only go by what I heard, not 100% in the know, but I thought I'd post the comment anyway

Came back unfit, though understandable given it was his first pre season as a professional. Was he overweight? Perhaps, but 'unfit' is definitely true

Itsnoteasy
11-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Stevie May did it this way, hope for the lad yet

May has dropped off the radar.

Bayern Bru
11-09-2016, 05:14 PM

Hasn't kicked a ball since November 2015 through injury

Sir David Gray
11-09-2016, 05:17 PM

Picked up a serious injury 10 months ago and hasn't fully recovered yet.

KdyHby
11-09-2016, 07:32 PM
http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/east-fife-2-0-stranraer-1-4226877

greenteam
11-09-2016, 07:46 PM
http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/east-fife-2-0-stranraer-1-4226877

I have faith in him to get to our first team by the start if next season

Gmack7
11-09-2016, 07:58 PM
If he stays at East Fife for the season he needs to score at least thirty goals this season. He'll need to be able to play top flight football next season and he needs to show that he's well, well beyond the level of East Fife to stand any chance of being good enough.

At least 30? That's s big ask in an East Fife team

Northernhibee
11-09-2016, 08:42 PM
At least 30? That's s big ask in an East Fife team

If you can't bang away goals at that ratio at part time level you'll never make it in a top flight team at his age. Harsh but true.

greenteam
11-09-2016, 08:54 PM
If you can't bang away goals at that ratio at part time level you'll never make it in a top flight team at his age. Harsh but true.

They will only have about 35 games to play this seaaonso he needs to score in 28 of them???. I think 20 would be a good return. Remember they are only one league below us, plus he isnt in a team full of stars.

Wilson
11-09-2016, 08:57 PM
They will only have about 35 games to play this seaaonso he needs to score in 28 of them???. I think 20 would be a good return. Remember they are only one league below us, plus he isnt in a team full of stars.

Plus we know he can score goals. Surely he has been loaned back with a brief to improve all aspects of his game. I'm not sure that just scoring a set number of goals would tell us enough.

greenteam
11-09-2016, 08:59 PM

30s a bit unrealistic I think. Say they have 35 games left to play!. That means he would have to score in 28 of them..its a bit of an ask. Not impossible, but don't forget they are only one league below us and he isnt in a team of stars . I think about 20 would be a very respectable return.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Such is the inflated amount of cash sloshing around down south that even if Insall heads home after his time with us if he plays Div 3 or the league below there is still a good living to be made.

Northernhibee
11-09-2016, 10:12 PM
30s a bit unrealistic I think. Say they have 35 games left to play!. That means he would have to score in 28 of them..its a bit of an ask. Not impossible, but don't forget they are only one league below us and he isnt in a team of stars . I think about 20 would be a very respectable return.

He will need to make the jump of two leagues - being a good player for East Fife won't be good enough. He needs to be outstanding.

greenteam
11-09-2016, 10:43 PM
He will need to make the jump of two leagues - being a good player for East Fife won't be good enough. He needs to be outstanding.

I really hope he makes it. I know he will not give up trying.

Northernhibee
12-09-2016, 10:16 AM

I really hope he does make it.

sleeping giant
12-09-2016, 10:44 AM

I hope he makes it.

That newspaper report sounds very promising.

JDHibs
12-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Insall was told he was in the plans but not this season. So loan was the option. He still trains with Hibs full time. Purely at East Fife for game time.

For anyone who said they want him in the first team, who would you drop? Cummings, Keatings, Holt or Graham? Thats why NL let him go out on loan. Now is not the time to play someone who has only 1 season as a pro which was in League 2 where he wasnt even first choice striker.

Really hope the laddie kicks on and keeps banging them in. Would be a handy player to have around next season if he hits 15-20 goals this season now that Austin has left them and he will get more game time.

WeeRussell
12-09-2016, 11:54 AM

Harsh but nonsense.

greenteam
12-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Insall was told he was in the plans but not this season. So loan was the option. He still trains with Hibs full time. Purely at East Fife for game time.

For anyone who said they want him in the first team, who would you drop? Cummings, Keatings, Holt or Graham? Thats why NL let him go out on loan. Now is not the time to play someone who has only 1 season as a pro which was in League 2 where he wasnt even first choice striker.

Really hope the laddie kicks on and keeps banging them in. Would be a handy player to have around next season if he hits 15-20 goals this season now that Austin has left them and he will get more game time.

Don't think anyone said they wanted him in the team this season. Grants 35. Others might move on. As I said. I hope he is in the first tean squad next season.

Northernhibee
12-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Harsh but nonsense.

If you think we should take a player who doesn't stand out in League One in a premiership team then you're wrong - he needs to blow people away in that league to make two steps up. I hope he can, it'd be a great story if he could.

WeeRussell
13-09-2016, 03:38 PM
If you think we should take a player who doesn't stand out in League One in a premiership team then you're wrong - he needs to blow people away in that league to make two steps up. I hope he can, it'd be a great story if he could.

From what I've seen of Insall he's not necessarily ready to make a big impact in our first team. My point is that putting a target of "at least 30 goals" or bust for him is nonsense.

worcesterhibby
14-09-2016, 04:09 PM
I see he had the ball in the net 4 times at the weekend but 2 were offside...plus the keeper made a couple of quality saves..he actually could have had 5 goals !

crewetollhibee
24-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Scored again.....

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Brilliant! Can't wait for next weeks Insallment.

Saturday Boy
25-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Brilliant! Can't wait for next weeks Insallment.

Just catching up on recent posts.

I can't believe no-one has congratulated you on this one :thumbsup:.

You've been on top form of late DBS.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-09-2016, 05:47 PM
It's a shame he wasn't given a chance this season..we rely on cummings too much and our other strikers can't seem to score...when was the list time we actually had 2 strikers that were on fire at the same time

California-Hibs
25-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Coaches generally know what they're doing. If he was currently good enough he'd be in the Hibs first team, simple as that. There's a big difference scoring in league 1 vs the Championship, never mind being at a part time pressure off team like East Fife vs a full time title chasing team in Hibs.

I really hope we don't continue to read the 'he should be back at Hibs' brigade every time he scores for East Fife. There's a difference people need to realize.

Hopefully he continues to play well there though as that will be PROGRESS and perhaps he may get his chance at Hibs in the future. My gut feeling is he won't as when we're in the Premier League next season this will be too much for him. I would love to be wrong though!