Craig_HFC
09-09-2016, 07:46 PM
http://www.tammcmanus.com/single-post/2016/09/08/Kids-Colts-Character-Building

Interesting read from Tam.

bigwheel
09-09-2016, 08:02 PM

it is indeed..thanks for pointing it out..

Billy Whizz
09-09-2016, 09:04 PM

Was at the game in Stranraer, think it was the 2nd last game of the season. Hibs put out a reserve/young side and won 4-0 if my memory serves me well

jgl07
09-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Was at the game in Stranraer, think it was the 2nd last game of the season. Hibs put out a reserve/young side and won 4-0 if my memory serves me well
They did. It was a cracking performance.

The previous match at Stranraer, Hibs played a full team and scraped a 1-0 win with a goal in injury time. Hibs lost their opening home League match 2-1 to Stranraer. Strangely enough, the worst performance by Hibs against Stranraer was the other home match that they won 3-0 with a Stevie Crawford hat trick.

The Harp Awakes
09-09-2016, 10:00 PM

I remember the game well. A crowd of us went down and stayed overnight on the Saturday. It was a cracking trip and a great night. Too many zombies in that neck of the woods for my liking though:rolleyes:

KWJ
09-09-2016, 11:25 PM
I remember the game well. A crowd of us went down and stayed overnight on the Saturday. It was a cracking trip and a great night. Too many zombies in that neck of the woods for my liking though:rolleyes:

Great day out with cracking weather and a chance to see some young players.

Abiding memories are captain Stuart Lovell continually shouting "HOLD IT" or maybe keep it.

Their tannoy guy not being able to say Emilio Bottligeri and instead saying Emile Bottleaycherries.

Tannoy guy also asking the mini football game that broke out amongst kids on the park after the final whistle.

Tam coming on for his debut.

And I think Kenny Miller got his first goal that day.

Was it not actually our last game of the season? Maybe not.

Tam didn't play again until the last, or one of the last games of the next season at Tynie. IIRC. Colin Cameron booted him up and down the right wing.

Edinburgher
10-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Cheers for pointing this out - Tam is surprisingly articulate! I`ve often wondered how footballers can perform in front of large crowds, often baying for their blood.

jgl07
10-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Great day out with cracking weather and a chance to see some young players.

Abiding memories are captain Stuart Lovell continually shouting "HOLD IT" or maybe keep it.

Their tannoy guy not being able to say Emilio Bottligeri and instead saying Emile Bottleaycherries.

Tannoy guy also asking the mini football game that broke out amongst kids on the park after the final whistle.

Tam coming on for his debut.

And I think Kenny Miller got his first goal that day.

Was it not actually our last game of the season? Maybe not.

Tam didn't play again until the last, or one of the last games of the next season at Tynie. IIRC. Colin Cameron booted him up and down the right wing.
It was the penultimate match of the season. The final match was at home to Falkirk with a crowd of 14,801.

It was Kenny Miller's first goal and Tam McManus's first appearance as a substitute.

jacomo
10-09-2016, 01:50 PM
I get what he says about the importance of playing in front of a crowd, but why is this an argument for Colt teams joining the league?

A properly functioning loan system would do the job - as it did for Tam, Derek, Garry and many others.

KWJ
10-09-2016, 02:03 PM
I get what he says about the importance of playing in front of a crowd, but why is this an argument for Colt teams joining the league?

A properly functioning loan system would do the job - as it did for Tam, Derek, Garry and many others.

Problem with the loan system now though unlike when Tam was young is the transfer window. Clubs can't loan outside the window so there's the uncertainty of whether or not they'll be needed.