PDA

View Full Version : Football conventions abroad

lucky
09-09-2016, 02:35 PM
The Old Firm have regular football conventions in North America and Europe. Have Hibs ever tried this? would there be a demand for it? Celtic are holding one in Las Vegas next year and are charging fans over a grand for flights, hotels and entry to the convention. They then charge extra for a gala dinner. I'm sure lot of ex Celtic players will be in attendance.
Can you imagine a convention with the players from the last 4 cup wins there? Add in Sauzee, Laptay and it would have the potential to be great.
Would there be the demand from Hibs fans to do something like this?

lyonhibs
09-09-2016, 04:53 PM
The Old Firm have regular football conventions in North America and Europe. Have Hibs ever tried this? would there be a demand for it? Celtic are holding one in Las Vegas next year and are charging fans over a grand for flights, hotels and entry to the convention. They then charge extra for a gala dinner. I'm sure lot of ex Celtic players will be in attendance.
Can you imagine a convention with the players from the last 4 cup wins there? Add in Sauzee, Laptay and it would have the potential to be great.

In Europe/America?? No.

CalgaryHibs
10-09-2016, 04:07 PM
We had one several years well sortif a bunch us Hibs net guys from around the world met at ER for a great evening I was lucky to get a sign Paul Fenwick jersey :) Stuart Crowther and Cliff Pike will remember this :)

There was a bunch of Hibs living in the USA they met up each in n Atlanta nae sure if they still do it ??

The boys doon under meet up for the big hibs

But world wide convention ? Not enough people to do this really ? Be nice thou meet up n Miami or New York kinda n the middle for folk to get too

snooky
10-09-2016, 05:20 PM
We had one several years well sortif a bunch us Hibs net guys from around the world met at ER for a great evening I was lucky to get a sign Paul Fenwick jersey :) Stuart Crowther and Cliff Pike will remember this :)

There was a bunch of Hibs living in the USA they met up each in n Atlanta nae sure if they still do it ??

The boys doon under meet up for the big hibs

But world wide convention ? Not enough people to do this really ? Be nice thou meet up n Miami or New York kinda n the middle for folk to get too

"Kinda in the middle" is Falkirk to me. :wink:

GreenLake
11-09-2016, 05:24 AM

It could be called the 2016 Scottish Cup Wynn.

Forza Fred
11-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Cost is the killer.

Having said that we managed to host Jimmy O'Rourke for a three week visit to Oz a few years ago...a wonderful ambassador for Hibernian FC by the way.

lucky
11-09-2016, 09:53 AM
I gather these things are expensive but if the USA was not on then surely a European one would work. A few days in the Spanish sun with all things Hibs.