PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Kids

Nakedmanoncrack
09-09-2016, 12:07 PM
New Hibs Kids membership cards etc through this morning - benefits no longer include the famous Hibs Kids Panto, must have missed this being axed, sad day generations of Hibs Kids have enjoyed these Xmas performances.

Carheenlea
09-09-2016, 05:14 PM
My two girls got theirs through today as well, and also noted the omission. Would be a real shame if there was to be no panto for them this year, but I'm sure that in some previous years there has been no mention, so here's hoping. Always an enjoyable afternoon for the younger Hibs Kids.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2016, 05:23 PM
New Hibs Kids membership cards etc through this morning - benefits no longer include the famous Hibs Kids Panto, must have missed this being axed, sad day generations of Hibs Kids have enjoyed these Xmas performances.

I asked about this a couple of weeks ago, but haven't heard back. The 2 little lads I take chose the soccer tournament Instead of the panto, and loved it. Think the lady who organised it has moved on to the community side of things

Archie89
09-09-2016, 05:27 PM

Noticed that too. When my son wasn't that interested in the football, the hibs kids panto was the only positive thing at easter road as far as he was concerned. Luckily, now he's into the football as much as anyone but i feel that the pantos had a lot to do with getting him interested in the first place. I never pushed him to go to the games, i waited until he asked to come with me, which I'm not sure he would have without the positive experiences for him at easter road (the pantos).
Maybe there will be other events for the younger ones? Maybe we need to save money in certain areas but I'm not sure trying to save it on hibs kids stuff is a good idea. Some need encouraged to come along, you could lose those kids interest without these sort of events.

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2016, 08:19 PM
I'm hoping they keep the panto as well although I've noticed it's not listed as well.

All 3 of mine have loved it, only 1 of them is still young enough so I hope it's just an admin error.

greenlad
09-09-2016, 08:42 PM
I'm hoping they keep the panto as well although I've noticed it's not listed as well.

All 3 of mine have loved it, only 1 of them is still young enough so I hope it's just an admin error.

Sent an email to the club two weeks ago. Got the following answer:

I’m afraid the Hibs Kids package does not include the Christmas Pantomime this year. For the £15 you get entry in to 4 specified games, a Hibs Kids membership card, a Birthday card, a Year Planner and a Hibs Kids Sticker.

Quite shortsighted IMO

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2016, 08:44 PM

I’m afraid the Hibs Kids package does not include the Christmas Pantomime this year. For the £15 you get entry in to 4 specified games, a Hibs Kids membership card, a Birthday card, a Year Planner and a Hibs Kids Sticker.

Quite shortsighted IMO

Cheers mate - that's disappointing. Any idea if they've completely scrapped it or are they charging separately?

Mr White
09-09-2016, 08:45 PM
That's a real shame if it's the end of the panto. Took my boy to it 2 years ago and he loved it. Meeting liam craig, dom and lewis really kicked off his interest in being able to name all the players. It was a really well run event.

greenlad
09-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Cheers mate - that's disappointing. Any idea if they've completely scrapped it or are they charging separately?

That wasn't mentioned. Agree the Panto was good at getting very young kids who weren't yet ready for a full match into the habit of visiting Easter Road, plus getting to meet some players (like Sir David just 5 months prior to The Header).

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2016, 08:50 PM
That wasn't mentioned. Agree the Panto was good at getting very young kids who weren't yet ready for a full match into the habit of visiting Easter Road, plus getting to meet some players (like Sir David just 5 months prior to The Header).

Just the way I read it - "it's not included" rather than there isn't one.

Maybe they'll give you a priority period to buy a ticket at a fiver a head or something.

Pete
09-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Does being a season ticket holder automatically give you hibs kids membership any more or do you have to join separately?

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Does being a season ticket holder automatically give you hibs kids membership any more or do you have to join separately?

Automatic mate.

Pete
09-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Automatic mate.

Cheers. :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
10-09-2016, 05:49 AM

Quite shortsighted IMO

Very poor decision - I'll be complaining myself.

Pete
10-09-2016, 05:53 AM
Very poor decision - I'll be complaining myself.

Why? It's still a very good deal.

Break it down and maybe the previous deal was too good.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-09-2016, 06:01 AM
Why? It's still a very good deal.

Break it down and maybe the previous deal was too good.

I think the merits of the panto have been described above - and the cost to the club is fairly minimal for the long term benefit received.
I'm glad you aren't negotiating anything if you think any deal is "too good".

Pete
10-09-2016, 06:40 AM
I think the merits of the panto have been described above - and the cost to the club is fairly minimal for the long term benefit received.
I'm glad you aren't negotiating anything if you think any deal is "too good".

Well I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt and see how much the panto will cost this year before going into automatic complain mode.

Hibby86
10-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Wee one is devastated she never got her sticker!

wookie70
10-09-2016, 08:38 AM
My wee girl was chosen as one of the mascots next week so is delighted. That's the second time so she has been unbelievably lucky. My lad got it too a few years back. They have been season ticket holders for a good few years but I have never heard about the Panto.

MurrayfieldHibs
10-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Has anyone else noticed that from December any Hibs kids tickets will be restricted to the south stand only?

My oldest son and I sit in West Lower and have for years (I have been there since it opened). I am trying to get my youngest son interested in coming to ER and Hibs Kids is one way of keeping him engaged (including the panto!). If I can't get him to come into West Lower I am certainly not moving behind the goals (I pay a premium to be alongside the pitch).

I do not remember this ever being mentioned and it isn't mentioned on the Hibs web site.:confused:
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/hibskids

Danderhall Hibs
10-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Has anyone else noticed that from December any Hibs kids tickets will be restricted to the south stand only?

My oldest son and I sit in West Lower and have for years (I have been there since it opened). I am trying to get my youngest son interested in coming to ER and Hibs Kids is one way of keeping him engaged (including the panto!). If I can't get him to come into West Lower I am certainly not moving behind the goals (I pay a premium to be alongside the pitch).

I do not remember this ever being mentioned and it isn't mentioned on the Hibs web site.:confused:
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/hibskids

I just read the letter this morning and noticed that. I suppose there's not the space to fit everyone in so the solution is the south.

What premium do you pay?

MichelleHibs
10-09-2016, 12:25 PM
The hibs kids used to be seated in the south stand. That's a positive in that with season ticket numbers increased its easier to move them. I normally get my 3 in ff lower where I have my St but can't get 3 together so have had to move to upper tier.

As for panto we never made it to any as out of towners, however it's s game less this season, last 2yrs they've had 5games. Also as for the mascot draw I keep hearing about people getting it 2/3 times... All 3 of my kids have been members for 4yrs and never been drawn out for that or ball boys.... My sister n I were hibs kids for 10yrs when we were younger and never got drawn either for that or being call boy. Surely there has to be a fairer system?!

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2016, 12:37 PM
The hibs kids used to be seated in the south stand. That's a positive in that with season ticket numbers increased its easier to move them. I normally get my 3 in ff lower where I have my St but can't get 3 together so have had to move to upper tier.

As for panto we never made it to any as out of towners, however it's s game less this season, last 2yrs they've had 5games. Also as for the mascot draw I keep hearing about people getting it 2/3 times... All 3 of my kids have been members for 4yrs and never been drawn out for that or ball boys.... My sister n I were hibs kids for 10yrs when we were younger and never got drawn either for that or being call boy. Surely there has to be a fairer system?!

Should than not be call girl :greengrin

MichelleHibs
10-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Or ball boy even lol!!

Pete
10-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Got our letters from a "football cat" this morning.

hibsboy69
10-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Hibs Kids is still brilliant value, it really is.

Before anyone complains, please take a step back and assess what is on offer for £15 - it's a cracking deal. :agree::thumbsup:

H18 SFR
10-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Hibs Kids is still brilliant value, it really is.

Before anyone complains, please take a step back and assess what is on offer for £15 - it's a cracking deal. :agree::thumbsup:

It only cost me £1 for my 7 month old lassie. Super value. She was delighted when her wee membership arrived today lol.

zlatan
10-09-2016, 09:55 PM

Ahh the days of chipmunk style squeaky chants of 'Hibees' coming from the south stand where all the Hibs kids were congregated.