PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Murray

G B Young
08-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Congratulations to Jamie for reaching the US Open men's doubles final tonight. That's four of the last six Grand Slam finals he's reached. Andy's even more amazing career achievements mean Jamie operates very much in his shadow but he's a terrific Scottish sportsman in his own right and of course a staunch Hibby :agree:

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 11:08 PM
not a real follower of that sport but yes, you are spot on. He has, in some way had to live in the shadow of his wee bro, but he must be an amazing sportsman on his own. A sport which needs an individual mindset must be the likes of Tennis, Gowf, or Snooker if we call it a sport but yes, full marks to Jamie. added to that, as far as I see is, that Andy Murray is almost superhuman athletically and his brother must be in that league. c'mon the Murrays

Lago
09-09-2016, 12:05 PM
:top marks
Congratulations to Jamie for reaching the US Open men's doubles final tonight. That's four of the last six Grand Slam finals he's reached. Andy's even more amazing career achievements mean Jamie operates very much in his shadow but he's a terrific Scottish sportsman in his own right and of course a staunch Hibby :agree:

Callyballybe
09-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Great post, and thank you for bringing this to my attention. Was sorely disappointed when I woke up yesterday morning to find that Andy had been put out!

Best of luck Jamie, will be tuning in if I can!

G B Young
09-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Great post, and thank you for bringing this to my attention. Was sorely disappointed when I woke up yesterday morning to find that Andy had been put out!

Best of luck Jamie, will be tuning in if I can!

I think fatigue finally caught up with Andy. He'd reached seven straight finals, including Wimbledon and the Olympics. Here's hoping he can recharge the batteries for the Davis Cup semi-final in Glasgow. One of my favourite parts of the Davis Cup is watching the Murray brothers team up for the doubles. Whether they'll be doing so for this match remains to be seen.

Itsnoteasy
09-09-2016, 02:21 PM
I think fatigue finally caught up with Andy. He'd reached seven straight finals, including Wimbledon and the Olympics. Here's hoping he can recharge the batteries for the Davis Cup semi-final in Glasgow. One of my favourite parts of the Davis Cup is watching the Murray brothers team up for the doubles. Whether they'll be doing so for this match remains to be seen.

You will have to be our hibs.net tennis reporter.
Did you manage to get a ticket for next week.

G B Young
10-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Jamie's just won the title :aok:

Great performance alongside Bruno Soares to complete a fine day for those of a Hibs persuasion :flag:

PapillonVert
10-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Congratulations to JM and partner Bruno Soares.

Have just won the US Open Men's Doubles title.

:flag:

Lago
10-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Congratulations to JM and partner Bruno Soares.

Have just won the US Open Men's Doubles title.

Really pleased for him, I dont think he gets the credit he deserves, because he of the Andy connection.

Smartie
10-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Fantastic end to his on-court interview as well.

Well done Jamie, fantastic achievement.

PapillonVert
10-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Really pleased for him, I dont think he gets the credit he deserves, because he of the Andy connection.

We shall draw a veil over the suspiciously maroon-looking shirts they are sporting! :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Fantastic achievement, well done Jamie!

Jamesconnolly
10-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Brilliant stuff what a talented family

Glory Lurker
10-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Well done, Jamie!

He couldn't have been happy with the colour of his t shirt, though:jamboak:

The Harp
10-09-2016, 06:52 PM
What a tremendous achievement! Congratulations to Jamie (and Bruno Soares) on winning the doubles title.
What a family! Great that they have a strong Hibs connection.

hibsboy69
10-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Very well done Jamie - Hibs Class :agree:

Sammy7nil
10-09-2016, 08:55 PM
:hibees:greengrin
great stuff

KWJ
10-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Awesome from Jamie and Bruno.

That's Jamie's 3rd grand slam, mad that it was 2007 he won Wimbledon mixed doubles. Hope him and Soares keep it going.

Well done son.

Lago
10-09-2016, 10:01 PM
We shall draw a veil over the suspiciously maroon-looking shirts they are sporting! :greengrin
Now now we know he loves the Hibs:aok:

James70
11-09-2016, 03:39 PM
The fact that Jamie Murray and his tennis partner have won the men's doubles seems to have received very little media coverage here. :confused:
Anyway congratulations Jamie! :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
11-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Awesome from Jamie and Bruno.

That's Jamie's 3rd grand slam, mad that it was 2007 he won Wimbledon mixed doubles. Hope him and Soares keep it going.

Well done son.

He won the mixed with Jelena Jankovic was that really 2007 ?? Wow 9 years ago !

Obviously he just won the US Open as well what was his other major ?

Tobias Funke
11-09-2016, 03:57 PM
He won the mixed with Jelena Jankovic was that really 2007 ?? Wow 9 years ago !

Obviously he just won the US Open as well what was his other major ?

Australian Open I think?

HibbyAndy
11-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Australian Open I think?

That's right . And it was this year so 2 majors in the same season superb.

Tell ye what the Murray brothers are supremely talented!!