PDA

View Full Version : Yams Jambo Stand Update - Volume 7 Episode 7:0

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sergey
08-09-2016, 08:15 PM
It's a bit quiet over there. Seemingly a few petty objections have been tabled by some locals :cb - but is there any concrete/asbestos plans...

...and indeed a completion date confirmed?

It's going to cost a pretty packet, especially with the legal costs with all those pesky objections to satisfy. Every one has to be answered (at a cost).

Any concrete/asbestos news on the funding for the project?

My_Wife_Camille
08-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Let us know if you hear anything

The Modfather
08-09-2016, 08:38 PM
It's a bit quiet over there. Seemingly a few petty objections have been tabled by some locals :cb - but is there any concrete/asbestos plans...

...and indeed a completion date confirmed?

It's going to cost a pretty packet, especially with the legal costs with all those pesky objections to satisfy. Every one has to be answered (at a cost).

Any concrete/asbestos news on the funding for the project?

If you have any contacts on this one Sergey probably best just to keep them to yourself this time 🤐

jgl07
08-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Am I right to assume that this application is not for the construction of the new stand but for the conversion of the Wheatfield to put in changing facilities etc.?

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Did they not originally say it would be open for the start of next season? Ok then [emoji1360]

The_Horde
08-09-2016, 09:03 PM
They shouldn't even be here to build a stand.

linlithgowhibbie
08-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Did they not originally say it would be open for the start of next season? Ok then [emoji1360]

It will be as "Queen Anne" said it will.......:agree:

Carheenlea
08-09-2016, 09:08 PM
While I suspect some sort of stand will indeed replace the existing crumbling wreck, there is no harm in keeping an eye on progress and enjoy some of the inevitable entertainment on the way.

Waxy
08-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Asbestos.

HappyHanlon
08-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Unless you've got actual proof, should just delete this thread. Just a load of pish last time

Bostonhibby
08-09-2016, 09:27 PM
It's an inflatable one so should be on time and on budget. Just the three to go after that.

Fan ownership my erse. They'll be paying to build a stand plus interest forever.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
08-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Unless you've got actual proof, should just delete this thread. Just a load of pish last time

Just a bit of fun.

jacomo
08-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Am I right to assume that this application is not for the construction of the new stand but for the conversion of the Wheatfield to put in changing facilities etc.?

Yes.

Planning app for the new stand must be, erm, 'in progress'.

Remember that Vlad's £1m pile of boxes didn't even get refused, as there was too many unanswered questions for it to be assessed.

The new shell is less ambitious, but a crazy plan to build around the existing stand, which can only put the price up.

vuefrom1875
08-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Yes.

Remember that Vlad's £1m pile of boxes didn't even get refused, as there was too many unanswered questions for it to be assessed.

The new shell is less ambitious, but a crazy plan to build around the existing stand, which can only put the price up.

Are they still collecting direct debits from the misguided..?..........This is one big con job......Budgie ,cheerio with a more than handsome profit on her initial investment.....deluded as always ...21:05 2016......And new song book for the tramps.?
?

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Yes.

The new shell is less ambitious, but a crazy plan to build around the existing stand, which can only put the price up.sounds like a crazy mazy plan , if that is the actual plan. we now know that Romanoff's original plan isnae gonnae happen, but the part that seriously annoys me is this Boulevard concoction , in conjunction with the E.C.Council to improve the area and make it more community friendly than the current situation. why the hell should they be assisting a private company,the gorgie mob, using my council tax to help fund it? what solid information can I have access to, from the council? and where can I place any objections I may have given the full info?

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Just a bit of fun.I don't think anything happening on behalf of that mob, is funny in any way. I pay my taxes, and I am entitled to know where my council tax goes. If it is used to assist unworthy causes, I want to do all I can to stop that.

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 10:59 PM

The new shell is less ambitious, but a crazy plan to build around the existing stand, which can only put the price up.hopefully, they have disposed of those boxes in the appropriate manner of recycling. more than likely though is that they ended up in a large landfill black bin, like the batch of them parked outside the Tynecastle Arms.

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2016, 05:44 AM
sounds like a crazy mazy plan , if that is the actual plan. we now know that Romanoff's original plan isnae gonnae happen, but the part that seriously annoys me is this Boulevard concoction , in conjunction with the E.C.Council to improve the area and make it more community friendly than the current situation. why the hell should they be assisting a private company,the gorgie mob, using my council tax to help fund it? what solid information can I have access to, from the council? and where can I place any objections I may have given the full info?

Link to the publicly available info.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OBFCWAEWHOF00

The expansion of the Main stand will bring the total capacity to 20 099.

Greenworld
09-09-2016, 06:03 AM
sounds like a crazy mazy plan , if that is the actual plan. we now know that Romanoff's original plan isnae gonnae happen, but the part that seriously annoys me is this Boulevard concoction , in conjunction with the E.C.Council to improve the area and make it more community friendly than the current situation. why the hell should they be assisting a private company,the gorgie mob, using my council tax to help fund it? what solid information can I have access to, from the council? and where can I place any objections I may have given the full info?
Don't get too upset there has been a study by the council to do thing around and on roads leading to easter road stadium also

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2016, 06:03 AM

How was it a load of pish last time, all he did was give us some insight of what was happening over in lithuania. In fact if it was not for him and a few others, we'd not have known half of what was going on.

oconnors_strip
09-09-2016, 06:46 AM
They are planning to build on top and around the old main stand whilst the season is still on then once the last game is played build the bottom half. Don't know th full legistics of how this will happen but season ticket holders at the bus shelter have been told this.

What puzzles me is how can they safely build on top of the asbestos stand!? Especially with people sitting there.

Libby Hibby
09-09-2016, 06:56 AM
How was it a load of pish last time, all he did was give us some insight of what was happening over in lithuania. In fact if it was not for him and a few others, we'd not have known half of what was going on.

Exactly, I don't think Sergey's information was ever misleading, just simply a reflection on how events were being played out at the time.

Salt N Sauzee
09-09-2016, 07:58 AM

UnhappyHanlon

Craig_HFC
09-09-2016, 08:43 AM
Not really an update if you're the one asking the questions.

AlbertK86
09-09-2016, 09:21 AM

jgl07
09-09-2016, 09:26 AM
Yes.

The alternative would have to be to run with reduced capacity for part of a season or to relocate elsewhere. I suspect that building behind the existing stand moving the season ticket holders and then demolishing and extending the new stand forward is not technically feasible certainly not on the sort of figures Hearts are quoting. I am not convinced there is sufficient footprint to enable this to happen.

So when Hearts reduce the number of season tickets sold such that they can be accommodated within three stands, we will know that construction is likely to start sometime that season. If they continue to sell 13,000 or so we will know that nothing is likely to happen for a year or more.

Hibs had severe problems when the North and South Stands were built. They had to operate with two stands and no floodlights for the last quarter of the season. When the West Stand was built, they went with severely reduced capacity from February onwards. By the time the East was built, Hibs had sufficient spare capacity and poor crowds to minimise disruption.

The current plans will at least allow the club to continue to function in the event that the Main Stand has its safety certificate revoked.

Until a formal planning application is received for the replacement, it is all well into the future.

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2016, 09:31 AM
The alternative would have to be to run with reduced capacity for part of a season or to relocate elsewhere. I suspect that building behind the existing stand moving the season ticket holders and then demolishing and extending the new stand forward is not technically feasible certainly not on the sort of figures Hearts are quoting. I am not convinced there is sufficient footprint to enable this to happen.

So when Hearts reduce the number of season tickets sold such that they can be accommodated within three stands, we will know that construction is likely to start sometime that season. If they continue to sell 13,000 or so we will know that nothing is likely to happen for a year or more.

Hibs had severe problems when the North and South Stands were built. They had to operate with two stands and no floodlights for the last quarter of the season. When the West Stand was built, they went with severely reduced capacity from February onwards. By the time the East was built, Hibs had sufficient spare capacity and poor crowds to minimise disruption.

The current plans will at least allow the club to continue to function in the event that the Main Stand has its safety certificate revoked.

Until a formal planning application is received for the replacement, it is all well into the future.

see my post 18 it links the planning application for the new stand.

WhileTheChief..
09-09-2016, 09:51 AM
It's hardly news that a planning application receives objections. Happens on practically every application made I'd guess.

See when we built the East, kickback was full of folk telling us where we were going wrong, how we couldn't afford it and how it would never happen. Are we really gonna do the same??

Onceinawhile
09-09-2016, 10:19 AM
They are pretty much just doing something similar to what Liverpool did no?

Ozyhibby
09-09-2016, 10:27 AM
It's hardly news that a planning application receives objections. Happens on practically every application made I'd guess.

See when we built the East, kickback was full of folk telling us where we were going wrong, how we couldn't afford it and how it would never happen. Are we really gonna do the same??

Yip. It's going to be built. It's not as flash as they would like but better than they have. They are about £5-6m short on raising the cash but they will make over the next couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
09-09-2016, 10:36 AM
see my post 18 it links the planning application for the new stand.

My apologies.

When there was a big media announcement about this before the summer break, there was no planning application on there for the new main stand.

If they have now submitting one, do we know when a decision is expected?

I have absolutely no intention of objecting - I'm an interested observer but, frankly, let them crack on.

I've said before that I dislike soulless out of town stadia and, on that basis, shouldn't grumble about Hertz just because it's them.

But I do wonder about the viability of this project - they are proposing to spend a lot of money on a stadium that will still be deficient in a number of areas - pitch size, hospitality and condition of remaining three stands.

So long as it's their money they are spending, and no one else's, let them get on with it.

Turkish Green
09-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Nothing that is not available in the public domain. It still looks like it is only papering over the cracks (are they actually reusing the demolished bricks?) and given a couple of years the 3 other stands will be requiring replaced. I will keep my comments until after I have visited next season for the first derby in the premiership.

Peevemor
09-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Going from the plans on the site, the capacity of the new stand is 7,680, which would give them a capacity of 20,460 (17,480 - 4,700 + 7,680 going by wiki figures). However, on the plans submitted, there is no allowance for executive seating/directors' box, camera platforms, press facilities or disabled places (that I can see), so this figure will go down.

ps. I'm not that sad - it took me about 2 minutes to calculate the number of seat using my magic autocad tools. :wink:

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Going from the plans on the site, the capacity of the new stand is 7,680, which would give them a capacity of 20,460 (17,480 - 4,700 + 7,680 going by wiki figures). However, on the plans submitted, there is no allowance for executive seating/directors' box, camera platforms, press facilities or disabled places (that I can see), so this figure will go down.

ps. I'm not that sad - it took me about 2 minutes to calculate the number of seat using my magic autocad tools. :wink:

The documents quote a figure for the new improved super duper state of the art stadium as.....

The expansion of the Main stand will bring the total capacity to 20 099.

greenginger
09-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Today is the last day for comments on the application. So far 3 objections.

The final date the council planners have to make a decision is 8th December.

Trying to build the new stand around the old stand is as crazy an idea as anything Mad Vlad came up with, but what won't be allowed is any start to construction work until the temporary nursery accommodation is built round in Wheatfield street. There is not even a planning application for it yet.

As for cash, the first 2 or was it 3 years of d.d.s went toward the clubs working capital so it is spent. The new stand kitty is only now being raised.

Not seen a final estimate for the project anywhere.

green day
09-09-2016, 11:36 AM
As for cash, the first 2 or was it 3 years of d.d.s went toward the clubs working capital so it is spent. The new stand kitty is only now being raised.

I am as keen as the next Hibby to see this go breasts skywards - but Budge doesn't strike me as the type to say she is confident that they will be able to fund it unless she is absolutely sure.

God knows where the money is coming from, but as long as they don't steal money again, its up to them really.

Ozyhibby
09-09-2016, 11:46 AM
On the funding issue, I'm sure they said they have £6m already from increased attendances and FoH since admin. The other £6m is to be made up of £3m from FoH over next 2.5 years and £3m from corporate sponsorship.

Biggie
09-09-2016, 12:31 PM
On the funding issue, I'm sure they said they have £6m already from increased attendances and FoH since admin. The other £6m is to be made up of £3m from FoH over next 2.5 years and £3m from corporate sponsorship.

Corporate sponsorship ?!?...really ?...who on earth would want to be associated with that mob.

lord bunberry
09-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Corporate sponsorship ?!?...really ?...who on earth would want to be associated with that mob.
Calor gas and Rentokill.

KeithTheHibby
09-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Nothing that is not available in the public domain. It still looks like it is only papering over the cracks (are they actually reusing the demolished bricks?) and given a couple of years the 3 other stands will be requiring replaced. I will keep my comments until after I have visited next season for the first derby in the premiership.

What makes you so sure of that? There are quite a few tin pot stands which were built around the time the Yams did theirs such as Killie, Dundee, Raith, etc. and I am not aware of any issues with those ones?

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Calor gas and Rentokill.

Willie Wonga

CRAZYHIBBY
09-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Apparently the new stand will be pink so it matches the other stands

northstandhibby
09-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Apparently the new stand will be pink so it matches the other stands

The Pink Piggery.

Suits the dirty pigs.

GGTTH

jgl07
09-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Calor gas and Rentokill.
I would think that Asbestos Removal Solutions, Edinburgh might be good for a contribution?

HibbySpurs
09-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Not really that fussed what they are up to with regards their stadium redevelopment other than being passingly aware of what's going on.

Far more interested in Hibs and backing the team to get us promoted back to where we belong and then challenging at the top end of the Premiership season in, season out.

One thing I do know though is that Hibs already have a stadia fit for the 21st century with a capacity to match and also training facilities which belong to the club and are the envy of many clubs, not just in Scotland.

Nuff said.

FTH

GGTTH

Scott Allan Key
09-09-2016, 01:25 PM
The documents quote a figure for the new improved super duper state of the art stadium as.....

I remember speaking to a foreign friend in Edinburgh who was made dimly aware of the big team/wee team bs by some Yams. When I pointed out the stadia differences he was surprised. But you don't mean to say they'll maintain that official size differentials? Surely they need to dwarf ours to keep their last amount of sanity since the cup win?

Hibby70
09-09-2016, 01:26 PM
We already know that there will be asbestos issues. But what else will they uncover when they start bulldozing the stand and digging up the foundations?

Here's hoping they find the remains of a Roman(ov) fort, an entrance to an old mineshaft or a dinosaur fossil (none of which will seem older than what's there already).

I've seen enough episodes of Grand Designs to know that these things can scupper plans for months if not years.

Tyler Durden
09-09-2016, 01:46 PM

I don't think that's correct. I think it was £3m from FOH, another c£3m from sponsors and undisclosed contributors for a total of £6m raised.

Despite Budge being quite up front on the fact they only have 50% of the budget, I haven't seen anyone query how exactly they'll make up the shortfall and achieve the timeline. Instead she has a cosy chat with Tom English about her yacht and how Scotland have too many teams....

lucky
09-09-2016, 01:48 PM
I hope they build a decent stand as their present one is a joke. One of the biggest supports in country but one of the worst stadiums. It about time they got their act together

Ozyhibby
09-09-2016, 01:51 PM
They are due to start work in November according to Budge but strangely they have not arranged their fixture to play their away games towards the end of the season.

Tyler Durden
09-09-2016, 01:56 PM
I don't think that's correct. I think it was £3m from FOH, another c£3m from sponsors and undisclosed contributors for a total of £6m raised.

Despite Budge being quite up front on the fact they only have 50% of the budget, I haven't seen anyone query how exactly they'll make up the shortfall and achieve the timeline. Instead she has a cosy chat with Tom English about her yacht and how Scotland have too many teams....

From Hearts update in May

3. Funding plan for stadium redevelopment

I am sure you all want to understand how we are planning to fund this major project. Our estimates of cost are circa £11m. Allowing for some contingency (10%), we are working to a budget of £12m.

Our funding plan is, in summary, as follows.

Financial Reserves from the club: £3m
Benefactor Contributions: £2.5m
Commercial Contributions: £0.5m
Total available today: £6m
Clearly, this leaves a potential funding gap of up to £6 million. However, I would ask you all to remember this. Over the last two years, with the support of the fans and with sound financial management, we have built up a financial reserve of £3 million. There is nothing to stop us doing the same again, over the next two years, with your continued support.

So basically they are £6m short but expect to complete the construction by August 2017. Logically that would suggest they need to borrow £3-4m minimum. Why none of the media see that as a story worth confirming is baffling but not in the least surprising.

NAE NOOKIE
09-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Tin hat on :greengrin

I like a laugh at the Yams as much as the next guy and if having to ante up to pay for this has an adverse affect on their team on the park nobody will be happier than me.

But on the other hand there is a discussion going on regarding the future of Scottish football and far from being pissed off watching the Yams face up to the inevitable fact that their death trap has to be replaced I am glad to see them doing it. Its high time other clubs in the same situation found a way to follow suit, far too many of our grounds are in the same state as the PBS and if clubs have any serious intent of attracting fans into the 21st century they have to get the finger out.

Trainor
09-09-2016, 02:05 PM

exactly!

Baker9
09-09-2016, 02:11 PM
From Hearts update in May

3. Funding plan for stadium redevelopment

I am sure you all want to understand how we are planning to fund this major project. Our estimates of cost are circa £11m. Allowing for some contingency (10%), we are working to a budget of £12m.

Our funding plan is, in summary, as follows.

Financial Reserves from the club: £3m
Benefactor Contributions: £2.5m
Commercial Contributions: £0.5m
Total available today: £6m
Clearly, this leaves a potential funding gap of up to £6 million. However, I would ask you all to remember this. Over the last two years, with the support of the fans and with sound financial management, we have built up a financial reserve of £3 million. There is nothing to stop us doing the same again, over the next two years, with your continued support.

So basically they are £6m short but expect to complete the construction by August 2017. Logically that would suggest they need to borrow £3-4m minimum. Why none of the media see that as a story worth confirming is baffling but not in the least surprising.

Should that not be circa £12.1m?

lord bunberry
09-09-2016, 02:13 PM
We already know that there will be asbestos issues. But what else will they uncover when they start bulldozing the stand and digging up the foundations?

Here's hoping they find the remains of a Roman(ov) fort, an entrance to an old mineshaft or a dinosaur fossil (none of which will seem older than what's there already).

I've seen enough episodes of Grand Designs to know that these things can scupper plans for months if not years.
They might find a rare hearts league cup winners medal.

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2016, 02:36 PM
They might find a rare hearts league cup winners medal.

More chance of finding hen's teeth

TrinityHibs
09-09-2016, 03:30 PM

The shortfall is to be made up as £3M debentures and £3M of FoH (All their contributions for 2 years) It does mean they would not only be letting a contract in October for the November start they will not have the money to pay for it for 2 years. Actually they will be letting a contract in October for a November start without Planning Permission or Building Warrant. Its like Vlad has morphed into Budge

greenginger
09-09-2016, 03:46 PM
The shortfall is to be made up as £3M debentures and £3M of FoH (All their contributions for 2 years) It does mean they would not only be letting a contract in October for the November start they will not have the money to pay for it for 2 years. Actually they will be letting a contract in October for a November start without Planning Permission or Building Warrant. Its like Vlad has morphed into Budge

They have not even got their building warrant for the new accommodation under the Wheatfield road stand. Still noted as under consideration , awaiting form Q .

The building work is nearly half complete.

TrinityHibs
09-09-2016, 03:55 PM
They have not even got their building warrant for the new accommodation under the Wheatfield road stand. Still noted as under consideration , awaiting form Q .

The building work is nearly half complete.

The planning consent will not be issued until the S.75 to cover the tram contribution is completed and registered. In that this involves 3 landowners burdening their land its hard to see that being quick. The contribution should not be dealt with by way of condition.

hibsforeurope
09-09-2016, 04:09 PM
It's hearts, normal planning/financial rules don't apply!

Eyrie
09-09-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm sure Budge can find a spare £6m if required. Where else can she receive 6.2% interest?

Pete
10-09-2016, 05:50 AM
Only 3 objections to this project?

Maybe this will end the myth that "all hibs fans wanted us dead" amongst the internet based hearts fans.

On second thoughts, I don't like the sound of a 400,000 capacity megastand that could potentially obscure my view of something. Where do I sign up?

The Falcon
10-09-2016, 09:11 AM
They shouldn't even be here to build a stand.

I am sure that all the people they pumped, including local authorities and publicly funded educational resources, are delighted they now have the means to invest in building projects.

Hearts FC. How to engineer an administration to the maximum benefit of the thieves.

Forthview
10-09-2016, 09:20 AM
I am sure that all the people they pumped, including local authorities and publicly funded educational resources, are delighted they now have the means to invest in building projects.

Hearts FC. How to engineer an administration to the maximum benefit of the thieves.

What amuses me is that they benefited from the theft of £30/40/50 millions or whatever from Lithuanian bank accounts and they used it all to pay player's wages. If they had built a new stand with that 'free' money they wouldn't have to find the money legally to build one now. Very stupid.

Keith_M
10-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Hearts are going to build a new stand.

Whatever shape it takes, it can only be an improvement on that current relic from the dark ages. When it's completed, they'll have a stadium that's nearly as good as ours.

How they pay for it is their business, but whatever way they do, it will have the same adverse effect on their playing budget as when other clubs rebuilt theirs (at least the ones that actually paid their bills, that is).

The Falcon
10-09-2016, 09:29 AM
What amuses me is that they benefited from the theft of £30/40/50 millions or whatever from Lithuanian bank accounts and they used it all to pay player's wages. If they had built a new stand with that 'free' money they wouldn't have to find the money legally to build one now. Very stupid.

I am sure that when the ludicrous and worthless, but legal, DFE swaps and "debt forgiveness" from the parent company are included the overall figure was just north of £70m. This would be the same company that collapsed under the strain but was allowed to vote in the CVA as it was not linked to Hearts FC.

Archie70
10-09-2016, 09:41 AM

Whatever shape it takes, it can only be an improvement on that current relic from the dark ages. When it's completed, they'll have a stadium that's nearly as good as ours.

How they pay for it is their business, but whatever way they do, it will have the same adverse effect on their playing budget as when other clubs rebuilt theirs (at least the ones that actually paid their bills, that is).

I think you are correct only in that they are going to build a stadium.
I don't think it will be anywhere near as good as ours. Their best stand will be on a par with our most basic, their corporate facilities will face outside the stadium, it will be complete single tier, there will be limited space pitch side with the smallest possible seats allowed in an attempt to close the gap our stadium capacity, the 3 other stands will stay as they are and never compare to ours.

Easter Road is and will continue to be the best stadium in Edinburgh by some distance.

jgl07
10-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Apart from the fact that the three other stands are in serious need of upgrade, their pitch is too short and too narrow, and the run off areas are inadequate. That aside it is fine bar the horrible pink paint.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Apart from the fact that the three other stands are in serious need of upgrade, their pitch is too short and too narrow, and the run off areas are inadequate. That aside it is fine bar the horrible pink paint.

...and are over steep to the point of being a safety hazard.

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2016, 11:25 AM
I think you are correct only in that they are going to build a stadium.
I don't think it will be anywhere near as good as ours. Their best stand will be on a par with our most basic, their corporate facilities will face outside the stadium, it will be complete single tier, there will be limited space pitch side with the smallest possible seats allowed in an attempt to close the gap our stadium capacity, the 3 other stands will stay as they are and never compare to ours.

Easter Road is and will continue to be the best stadium in Edinburgh by some distance.

I don't usually go to away derby matches these days, but at the St Johnstone game I was convinced that the seat I had in the Gorgie stand was narrower than my seat in the FF ...... If I ever find myself back there I'm going to take a tape measure to see if I am right .... I get the feeling they will end up with 20,000 seats in an 18,000 capacity stadium :greengrin

jacomo
10-09-2016, 12:57 PM

:agree:

Even with limitless money, Tynie is too constrained to function as a proper modern stadium.

£12m won't get near making it right.

Keith_M
10-09-2016, 01:10 PM
In my defence, I said it would be nearly as good as ours, not as good as ours

I was being polite to our Gorgie Chums.

:wink:

greenginger
20-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Hearts lodged a stage 1 building warrant application yesterday for the construction of their new stand

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/scottishBuildingWarrantDetails.do?activeTab=summar y&keyVal=ODQXDVEW0MU00

its for foundations and steelwork only, estimate cost recorded as £ 6,400,000.

still not got their building warrant for the work under the Wheatfield stand yet, and it was lodged in March !

Must be looking at a £12 million project now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-09-2016, 01:20 PM
On a chip in basis £12 million is only £3 each.

monarch
20-09-2016, 01:37 PM
On a chip in basis £12 million is only £3 each.

£3 per yamenomics but £30 per the real world.

:tsk tsk:

Kato
20-09-2016, 02:00 PM
There's already restricted view seats in their existing dump, so if they build their brand new dump over and around that there will be a good number more.

Sergey
20-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Hearts lodged a stage 1 building warrant application yesterday for the construction of their new stand

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/scottishBuildingWarrantDetails.do?activeTab=summar y&keyVal=ODQXDVEW0MU00

still not got their building warrant for the work under the Wheatfield stand yet, and it was lodged in March !

Still no explanation from them as to where the shortfall in funding is coming from, or indeed how the project will be paid for.

I wonder what the problem is with the Wheatfield work commencing :hmmm:

jacomo
20-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Still no explanation from them as to where the shortfall in funding is coming from, or indeed how the project will be paid for.

Those Foundation of Hearts contributors just need to make a binding commitment to pay £51 a month to Budge, for her to use as she pleases, for life.

Any silly notions about fan ownership movements are to be dropped. Of course Budgie promised that she would give them the club once she got her money back (with interest) but that was then.

Bostonhibby
20-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Those Foundation of Hearts contributors just need to make a binding commitment to pay £51 a month to Budge, for her to use as she pleases, for life.

Any silly notions about fan ownership movements are to be dropped. Of course Budgie promised that she would give them the club once she got her money back (with interest) but that was then.
Yep, there will still be fan ownership though, just the one fan. An elderly woman from Edinburgh who will have an asset that the plums will have paid for that will increase in value, and they will still be paying here back at a spectacular interest rate without having a single share to show for it.

Wonder what she'll want to do with their cash next?

greenginger
20-09-2016, 05:06 PM

The work commenced ages ago . Putting up the block work last time I had a peek in !

Kato
20-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Tin hat on :greengrin

I like a laugh at the Yams as much as the next guy and if having to ante up to pay for this has an adverse affect on their team on the park nobody will be happier than me.

But on the other hand there is a discussion going on regarding the future of Scottish football and far from being pissed off watching the Yams face up to the inevitable fact that their death trap has to be replaced I am glad to see them doing it. Its high time other clubs in the same situation found a way to follow suit, far too many of our grounds are in the same state as the PBS and if clubs have any serious intent of attracting fans into the 21st century they have to get the finger out.

I reckon most Hibs fans are glad they are getting rid of that monstrosity. Most are also happy to have a good laugh at the dodgy funding attempts, council cow-towing and poor taste of the final results.

GreenLake
21-09-2016, 03:05 AM
Yep, there will still be fan ownership though, just the one fan. An elderly woman from Edinburgh who will have an asset that the plums will have paid for that will increase in value, and they will still be paying here back at a spectacular interest rate without having a single share to show for it.

Wonder what she'll want to do with their cash next?

This is a time of central bank ZIRP and NIRP policies too which makes me laugh heartily at 6%. Please don't tell me it's compounding while the principal is left unpaid.

Bostonhibby
21-09-2016, 08:26 AM
This is a time of central bank ZIRP and NIRP policies too which makes me laugh heartily at 6%. Please don't tell me it's compounding while the principal is left unpaid.
Sorry no idea but if the romanov years are anything to go by they definitely prefer to be treated as simple so I'd go for simple.

northstandhibby
21-09-2016, 08:44 AM

A gold plated investment for ann budge then at the yams expense.

While the rest of the nation gets bugger all for their more meagre hard earned or even charged for them by banks who fell on hard times because of their own naked greed.

GGTTH

1875STEVE
21-09-2016, 10:09 AM

And some folk complain that we "wasted" £3.2m building the new East.

Our board had the brains to build in the middle of a recession , when steel prices where through the floor and builders where desperate for work.

I read when quoting to build stands, companies quote per seat, and it's normally £1k+ per seat, we got the East at a steal, at about £500 a seat :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2016, 10:44 AM

That says demolition of the stand and erection of steel structure. But there are 3 sizeable buildings which also have to be demolished to make room for the stand, if they are included in the 6.4 million cost why are they not mentioned on that application? If they have been omitted because they aren't part of this application then how much will their demolition cost on top of the 6.4 million?

If the whole thing comes in at 12 million it will be some feat ..... I'm still struggling to understand how a club without a pot to piss in 3 years ago can raise that kind of money without a bank to borrow from, as I understand it Budge's contribution is to postpone repayment of a 3 million quid loan allowing FOH contributions to pay for 3 million quids worth of the building work. They say the have 50% of the funding, but that still leaves at least 6 million to find.

They have a couple of sellable assets in Walker and Paterson, but they best offer they have had is £500K for Paterson. I fail to see how they can complete this project without it having an impact on the park.

Col2
21-09-2016, 10:53 AM
That says demolition of the stand and erection of steel structure. But there are 3 sizeable buildings which also have to be demolished to make room for the stand, if they are included in the 6.4 million cost why are they not mentioned on that application? If they have been omitted because they aren't part of this application then how much will their demolition cost on top of the 6.4 million?

If the whole thing comes in at 12 million it will be some feat ..... I'm still struggling to understand how a club without a pot to piss in 3 years ago can raise that kind of money without a bank to borrow from, as I understand it Budge's contribution is to postpone repayment of a 3 million quid loan allowing FOH contributions to pay for 3 million quids worth of the building work. They say the have 50% of the funding, but that still leaves at least 6 million to find.

They have a couple of sellable assets in Walker and Paterson, but they best offer they have had is £500K for Paterson. I fail to see how they can complete this project without it having an impact on the park.

Yes and a good summary. Deep down I think they will find a way but it is all about how much impact on Hearts supporters (wallet) and the impact on the team on the park (3, 4, 5 years?).

So glad we sorted this stuff out when we did and with our increase attendance averaging over 15k then we will benefit from this big time when we go back up and hopefully the club continues upwards.

Ozyhibby
21-09-2016, 11:03 AM

Our board had the brains to build in the middle of a recession , when steel prices where through the floor and builders where desperate for work.

I read when quoting to build stands, companies quote per seat, and it's normally £1k+ per seat, we got the East at a steal, at about £500 a seat :aok:

Steel prices are lower now than when we built the East.

jacomo
21-09-2016, 11:19 AM

But labour costs are higher.

I think building the East would cost more now - back then construction firms were desperate for business.

jgl07
21-09-2016, 11:27 AM

Our board had the brains to build in the middle of a recession, when steel prices where through the floor and builders where desperate for work.

That was the case when Hibs built the West Stand.

Now it's in the range £1,500 to £2,500 per seat for the most basic stand.

If you want anything more lavish with conference facilities etc. you would be talking circa £2,500 to 3,500 per seat.

That suggests that the cost will be around the £12 million mark that was cited above. That excludes all the (temporary?) work to the Wheatfield to provide changing room facilities. It also excludes the demolition of the existing main stand and all the disposal of asbestos waste and other hazardous materials.

leithsansiro
21-09-2016, 11:59 AM

If you want anything more lavish with conference facilities etc. you would be talking circa £2,500 to 3,500 per seat.

That suggests that the cost will be around the £12 million mark that was cited above. That excludes all the (temporary?) work to the Wheatfield to provide changing room facilities. It also excludes the demolition of the existing main stand and all the disposal of asbestos waste and other hazardous materials.

The demolition and safe disposal of things from a stand as old as the one at Tynecastle is gonna be pricey!

Kojock
21-09-2016, 12:08 PM
I predict at the end of May 2017 the stand will be burned to the ground in mysterious circumstances and a substantial insurance claim submitted.

1875STEVE
21-09-2016, 12:12 PM

Jeezo, never knew it had got that high.

1875STEVE
21-09-2016, 12:15 PM

Maybe so, but you won't get a stand for £500 a seat now.....

Sioux
21-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Presumable the KB inmates will be conducting an interrogation of their club as to how all of this is to be funded, on the basis that they and their mates now own the club :faf: After Romanov we would expect nothing else. Would we?

Or is it somewhere along the lines of "Mrs Budge said it will all be good, so it will be".
:ostrich:

Moulin Yarns
21-09-2016, 01:03 PM
I predict at the end of May 2017 the stand will be burned to the ground in mysterious circumstances and a substantial insurance claim submitted.

one word.....

Asbestos :wink:

jgl07
21-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Maybe so, but you won't get a stand for £500 a seat now.....
And the Hibs East Stand is far more basic than would be needed for a main stand.

The raw material costs of steel amount to a third of total costs including fabrication. Steel costs will be no more that 25% of total costs. So we are talking about less that 10% of the total costs being accounted for by steel.

In any event, steel prices are higher than they were when Hibs built their West Stand in 2001. And that cost £1,000 per seat!

Mr White
21-09-2016, 01:20 PM
one word.....

Asbestos beats fire for sure. Wood versus fire though? This could become the Gorgie version of paper scissors stone :greengrin

worcesterhibby
21-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Let's hope they do improve their ground and that it is paid for by legitimate means. I also hope that the get the same deal from the Council planning department that any other business would get.

To be honest I would like to see all Scottish grounds getting nearer the standard of ER..it would be good for the Scottish game.

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2016, 01:52 PM
And the Hibs East Stand is far more basic than would be needed for a main stand.

The raw material costs of steel amount to a third of total costs including fabrication. Steel costs will be no more that 25% of total costs. So we are talking about less that 10% of the total costs being accounted for by steel.

In any event, steel prices are higher than they were when Hibs built their West Stand in 2001. And that cost £1,000 per seat!

They would be able to do a lot of this in-house, if their attendance figures are anything to go by.

Moulin Yarns
21-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Asbestos beats fire for sure. Wood versus fire though? This could become the Gorgie version of paper scissors stone :greengrin

Wood Asbestos ***** :wink:

MB62
21-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Presumable the KB inmates will be conducting an interrogation of their club as to how all of this is to be funded, on the basis that they and their mates now own the club :faf: After Romanov we would expect nothing else. Would we?

Or is it somewhere along the lines of "Mrs Budge said it will all be good, so it will be".
:ostrich:

I don't why we are bothering about this in the first place. What does it matter what the cost is? after all, they will just owe the money to themselves would they not ? :wink: :greengrin

JimBHibees
21-09-2016, 02:26 PM
They would be able to do a lot of this in-house, if their attendance figures are anything to go by.

:not worth:greengrin

speedy_gonzales
21-09-2016, 03:23 PM

A wise man once said that Jobbies don't burn!

Moulin Yarns
21-09-2016, 05:39 PM
A wise man once said that Jobbies don't burn!

A wiser man didn't try to find out.

Kojock
21-09-2016, 05:46 PM
one word...

And that makes it more feasible. Oh dear our stand has burned down and there's hazardous materials to be removed. How fortunate that the insurance company will foot the bill for same.

Keith_M
21-09-2016, 05:48 PM
And that makes it more feasible. Oh dear our stand has burned down and there's hazardous materials to be removed. How fortunate that the insurance company will foot the bill for same.

Do you seriously think they keep up their insurance payments?

Kojock
21-09-2016, 05:53 PM

They will if there's a means to an end.

Bostonhibby
21-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Be a bloody good broker and an incompetent insurance surveyor that got them reinstatement and / or unrestricted fire cover on that accident waiting to happen.

Waxy
21-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Be a bloody good broker and an incompetent insurance surveyor that got them reinstatement and / or unrestricted fire cover on that accident waiting to happen.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using TapatalkIt'll be sponsored by asbestos.

Ozyhibby
22-09-2016, 09:36 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37434119?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

scoopyboy
22-09-2016, 09:43 AM
They will if there's a means to an end.

If that could ever be traced back to them there would be hell to pay.

Not only a fraudulent insurance claim but endangering health by asbestos flying everywhere.

I don't think they could chance it.

greenginger
22-09-2016, 09:48 AM
What about replacement nursery ? Just for starters !

Geo_1875
22-09-2016, 09:55 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37434119?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Escalators? In a football stadium?

A disaster waiting to happen.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2016, 10:04 AM

Got them at Hampden

Glesgahibby
22-09-2016, 10:06 AM

They could be part of the 5star hotel complex:greengrin

brog
22-09-2016, 10:11 AM

How can they be demolishing part of the stadium & yet still keep the same attendance?? I guess it's easy if your reported attendances never match the actual attendance!

Peevemor
22-09-2016, 10:37 AM
If that could ever be traced back to them there would be hell to pay.

Not only a fraudulent insurance claim but endangering health by asbestos flying everywhere.

I don't think they could chance it.

The insurance company wouldn't pay rebuilding costs in any case, given that plans to demolish have already been announced.

nellio
22-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Most modern stadiums have these now.

NthCarolinaHibs
22-09-2016, 11:02 AM
How can they be demolishing part of the stadium & yet still keep the same attendance?? I guess it's easy if your reported attendances never match the actual attendance!
Then she says,the stand is being demolished but yams are still welcome to sit in it...wtf?

Ozyhibby
22-09-2016, 11:02 AM

There are lots of grounds that have them. Could do with them in the west but seen as I no longer sit there I'm not fussed.

Peevemor
22-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Then she says,the stand is being demolished but yams are still welcome to sit in it...wtf?

They're planning to build some of the structure of the new stand behind and around the existing one, which will then be demolished (or fall down). Obviously this is possible, but there will be cost implications.

scoopyboy
22-09-2016, 11:36 AM
The insurance company wouldn't pay rebuilding costs in any case, given that plans to demolish have already been announced.

Didn't realise that, thanks.

One option gone then. :greengrin

jgl07
22-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Then she says,the stand is being demolished ......
How would anyone tell?

Phil MaGlass
22-09-2016, 11:53 AM
A wiser man didn't try to find out.

Jobbies do burn and I´m not smart.

Peevemor
22-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Didn't realise that, thanks.

One option gone then. :greengrin

Just an educated guess.

jgl07
22-09-2016, 12:34 PM
They're planning to build some of the structure of the new stand behind and around the existing one, which will then be demolished (or fall down). Obviously this is possible, but there will be cost implications.
I can't see how that could be an economic proposition. The frame for the new stand would have to be designed to allow the rear part to be structurally sound without the front portion being in place. More steel would be required.

It would have to be two tier with sightlines designed to look over the roof of the existing stand. That would make it very tall and expensive to construct. A lot of temporary works would be needed to make it habitable and safe during the transition.

Then there would be the added costs of demolishing the old stand with a new one built behind and around it.

I am not saying that it could not be done, but it would be very expensive. If and when the tenders come in they may be forced to re-evaluate.

It is common for extra tiers to be added to an existing stand by building behind (eg Etihad Stadium, Manchester) but I have never come across one built behind an existing wooden and asbestos structure.

Kavinho
22-09-2016, 12:42 PM
I can't see how that could be an economic proposition. The frame for the new stand would have to be designed to allow the rear part to be structurally sound without the front portion being in place. More steel would be required.

It would have to be two tier with sightlines designed to look over the roof of the existing stand. That would make it very tall and expensive to construct. A lot of temporary works would be needed to make it habitable and safe during the transition.

Then there would be the added costs of demolishing the old stand with a new one built behind and around it.

I am not saying that it could not be done, but it would be very expensive. If and when the tenders come in they may be forced to re-evaluate.

It is common for extra tiers to be added to an existing stand by building behind (eg Etihad Stadium, Manchester) but I have never come across one built behind an existing wooden and asbestos structure.

Opportunity cost though. .
What would be lost in revenue by emptying their main stand for a whole season?

Peevemor
22-09-2016, 12:43 PM

They've already said that that's how they're doing it. There'll also be a fair bit of time and cost involved making a building site accessible to the public every second week.

RCNG
22-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Why is this even being discussed on a Hibs forum?

Kavinho
22-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Warning warning the forum polis are out!

bruno
22-09-2016, 12:48 PM

knocking down some of the old buildings will be the nursery and ticket office in November

Hearts have for last couple of seasons quoted numbers attending not tickets sold in a change to the old tickets sold attendance figures they had, hence why games such as Hamilton last home game there were no tickets left for home supporters to sell but the crowd was less than capacity(even taking into account away fans spaces)

Bostonhibby
22-09-2016, 01:01 PM
There's a precedent for it, some of us even enjoy the excesses and absurdities of all things yam. Reading it's not compulsory

scoopyboy
22-09-2016, 01:12 PM

I enjoy it.

It clearly states Jambo content in the title.

jgl07
22-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Opportunity cost though. .
What would be lost in revenue by emptying their main stand for a whole season?
You would need to empty it until early February. Transfer the existing Main Stand season ticket holders to the Roseburn Stand. Use the Main stand for walk ups and visitors until it is closed for the last three-four months of the season. Reduce the number of walk-ups and visiting support after that. Some judicious swapping of fixtures invlving the OF and Hibs might also be needed?

Another issue is how will supporters access the Main Stand through the building site. The fire exits will come out right in the midsts of it.

Try getting a safety certificate for that one!

Dashing Bob S
22-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Can see the Jambos demolishing the asbo stand then stacking up milk crates in the space and referring to it as their 'new flexible safe standing area' and having a cosy feature in the Scotsman on it.

Sergio sledge
22-09-2016, 02:47 PM

Liverpool did exactly the same thing hearts are planning. They structure and roof of the new stand was built whilst the old stand was in use and then the seating of the new stand was built once the old stand was demolished. There's plenty of photos online of how it worked. They won't be using the new stand till the old one is demolished so sightlines won't be an issue.

The plans for their new stand show it is of similar construction to their current sheds with effectively a building on the back for offices, shop and corporate facilities (it would go a bit under the seating deck) so that building could be almost completed separately to the new stand.

Big cost maintaining access to the old stand whilst all the works are going on, but they must see it as being worthwhile financially.

greenginger
22-09-2016, 03:35 PM
knocking down some of the old buildings will be the nursery and ticket office in November

Hearts have for last couple of seasons quoted numbers attending not tickets sold in a change to the old tickets sold attendance figures they had, hence why games such as Hamilton last home game there were no tickets left for home supporters to sell but the crowd was less than capacity(even taking into account away fans spaces)

Knocking down own some old buildings in November. Nursery , ticket office , .... Hope Mrs Budge is aware Hearts don't own any of these properties yet.

How is the new ticket office and shop progressing under the Wheatfield stand ? There is still no building warrant for the work , and, even if it is progressing I doubt it will be ready by November.

And the replacement nursery to be built in Wheatfield street, no sign of even a planning application for it never mind the accommodation being ready for kids.

I think this is all a p.r. exercise ahead of a relaunch of the of the Foundation of Hearts direct debit scheme. Seems they've been loosing a number of doners and have been failing to replace them with new members and a fresh initive is planned .

What better to get the people onside than to give the impression that the mega stand project is underway.

SuperAllyMcleod
22-09-2016, 04:00 PM
While I quite enjoy this thread, I don't for one minute think that any of the issues or stumbling blocks highlighted by fellow .netters have not been considered by Hearts.

Budge, unfortunately, is no fool and will have everything in place before they start doing anything.

For me, the only question I feel they have yet to answer is that of full funding - that said, I'm sure Budge will put her hand in her purse as a last resort - it will give her the perfect excuse to abandon fan ownership, or at least delay it for as long as possible.

fiolex1
22-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Do you think Hearts will invite the charities they robbed, the staff they made redundant and all the businesses they fleeced to the grand opening?

Kojock
22-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Do you think Hearts will invite the charities they robbed, the staff they made redundant and all the businesses they fleeced to the grand opening?

How big do you think the new stand will be to fit all those folk in ??

jgl07
22-09-2016, 05:53 PM
There are lots of grounds that have them. Could do with them in the west but seen as I no longer sit there I'm not fussed.

The only place I have come across them are in the Upper Tier of the South Stand at Hampden. I suspect that they are confined to executive areas where the volume of foot traffic is light. They would be positively dangerous where lots of spectators are coming out in the event of breakdown.

Spirals as found at the Bernabeau and the Etihad are far better and far safer.

O'Rourke3
22-09-2016, 05:57 PM
While I quite enjoy this thread, I don't for one minute think that any of the issues or stumbling blocks highlighted by fellow .netters have not been considered by Hearts.

Budge, unfortunately, is no fool and will have everything in place before they start doing anything.

For me, the only question I feel they have yet to answer is that of full funding - that said, I'm sure Budge will put her hand in her purse as a last resort - it will give her the perfect excuse to abandon fan ownership, or at least delay it for as long as possible.
Anne B was an unwilling figurehead for this whole shebang. She may have changed her mind now shes in but she was never in this for the long term. Thats why the terms were tough. To keep the Foundation of nanny's on message and putting in.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2016, 06:31 PM

:agree: Some of the comments are bizarre, others wishful thinking.

Cant say I've ever thought of escalators as a disaster waiting to happen, I manage to use them with no problems almost every time :wink:

Ozyhibby
22-09-2016, 06:35 PM

Just about every one of them will probably be back working with Hearts so probably.

jgl07
22-09-2016, 06:36 PM
:agree: Some of the comments are bizarre, others wishful thinking.

Cant say I've ever thought of escalators as a disaster waiting to happen, I manage to use them with no problems almost every time :wink:
I use steps all the time and that is ok. However with a crowd of 1,000 pushing behind me I would not be happy.

How many stadiums have escalators outside of executive/hospitality areas?

I have not seen any.

Apart from anything else, they are unreliable, break down all the time and are expensive to maintain. Look at the escalators at Waverley Station. I have never been been there when all sections were working.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2016, 06:48 PM
The escalators at the new wembley are fantastic, they take you from the ground floor all the way up to the cheap seats at the top.

I think the Emirates are the same.

jacomo
22-09-2016, 06:49 PM
I use steps all the time and that is ok. However with a crowd of 1,000 pushing behind me I would not be happy.

I have not seen any.

Apart from anything else, they are unreliable, break down all the time and are expensive to maintain. Look at the escalators at Waverley Station. I have never been been there when all sections were working.

The escalator is for Budgies personal use.

Ozyhibby
22-09-2016, 06:57 PM

I have not seen any.

They only need to be switched on 20 days a year. That should help keep maintenance down.

StevieC
22-09-2016, 07:08 PM

Monaco .. although their crowds are usually pretty low.

MyJo
22-09-2016, 07:58 PM

I have not seen any.

The SSE Hydro which holds well over 10k has escalators to reach the higher levels.

If the yams put escalators in thier new stand they wont be the only way of getting up and down, they will be an option alongside normal staircases like every other building that has them.

Personally, sitting in the very back row of the East stand, i wish Hibs had put escalators in for us :greengrin

O'Rourke3
22-09-2016, 08:08 PM
The SSE Hydro which holds well over 10k has escalators to reach the higher levels.

If the yams put escalators in thier new stand they wont be the only way of getting up and down, they will be an option alongside normal staircases like every other building that has them.

Personally, sitting in the very back row of the East stand, i wish Hibs had put escalators in for us :greengrin

Don't remember any games at the Hydro.... :greengrin:

Hearts will claim to be the first team to install these in Scotland.... They'll probably do tours. One other claim they will make is that once paid for by FOH they'll have invented crowd funding.
My last prediction. The escalator will work half as long as the old E scoreboard above the Cave

MyJo
22-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Don't remember any games at the Hydro.... :greengrin:

Hearts will claim to be the first team to install these in Scotland.... They'll probably do tours. One other claim they will make is that once paid for by FOH they'll have invented crowd funding.
My last prediction. The escalator will work half as long as the old E scoreboard above the Cave

:na na: there's always one

I was just using the Hydro as a comparison with it holding a large capacity of people who will all exit the venue at the same time whilst using escalators.

GreenLake
22-09-2016, 09:17 PM

The average yam cant climb two flights of stairs without getting chest pains.

Hibby70
22-09-2016, 10:48 PM
We sure it's not just a couple of Stannah stair lifts for Budge and Foulkes?

CentreLine
22-09-2016, 11:03 PM
Escalators at Hampden. Only decent thing about the place

Biggie
22-09-2016, 11:09 PM
Escalators ?!!...JHC, fir coat and nae knickers springs to mind

Pete
23-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Escalators at Hampden. Only decent thing about the place

Never seen an escalator at Hampden in my life. Must be in the South somewhere where us plebs are seldom allowed.

Not sure that escalators will be a good idea at Tynecastle. Season ticket holders will need to attend courses convincing them that these magical moving stairs aren't acts of sorcery. Once they're convinced, they'll need to go through the painstaking process of learning how to use them.

Carheenlea
23-09-2016, 06:23 AM
The escalators will be the third biggest in Scotland, and the most atmospheric escalator you will have travelled on.

Jack
23-09-2016, 07:11 AM
The Bernabéu is mostly escalators for getting up and down all levels.

It doesn't get much bigger than the Bernabéu!

greenginger
23-09-2016, 07:26 AM
There are two escalators shown on the planning application drawing no. 12 , longitudinal section, both serving upper floor lounge areas. ie cardigans with dosh.

The staircases in the stand are denoted as fans staircases. ie for the plebs.

s.a.m
23-09-2016, 07:32 AM
The escalators will be the third biggest in Scotland, and the most atmospheric escalator you will have travelled on.

Surely the biggest? Stairway to heaven. Literally.

O'Rourke3
23-09-2016, 07:34 AM
:na na: there's always one

I was just using the Hydro as a comparison with it holding a large capacity of people who will all exit the venue at the same time whilst using escalators.
And its usually me 😆

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Ozyhibby
23-09-2016, 07:59 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-stand-rebuild-behind-schedule-but-ann-budge-undeterred-1-4237981

Budge using the media to put the pressure on the planners.

jacomo
23-09-2016, 01:17 PM

And famous of course.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 02:25 PM
The Lithuanian pensioners wouldn't be able to raise the fare as they were totally robbed.

I seem to remember Lord foulkes saying it was okay as some scheme would pay them out to compensate for what was stolen from them and spent on the yam but I still doubt they'd fancy it

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Yep, 400,000 people on the escalator at any one time. Big team, big escalator.

Wonder if it will stop outside the John Robertson lounge.

greenginger
23-09-2016, 03:47 PM
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/download/meetings/id/50731/item_77_-_tynecastle_nursery

Came across some Council meeting minutes covering council involvement in the new stand project.

Couple of things to be noted ,

council willing to to sell old adult trading centre building, now Homfc shop and ticket office, for £260,000. Hearts looking to pay a bit less.

council will pay for construction of temporary nursery round in Wheatfield street.
council will pay £ 0.5 million for fit out of new nursery under the stand which will be leased from Homfc for £1 per year.

work cannot start on demolishions until new temp nursery ready for occupation. Work won't start until planning permission for new stand granted.

I think the Budge project will drift a bit further.

Fife-Hibee
23-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Yep, 400,000 people on the escalator at any one time. Big team, big escalator.

Wonder if it will stop outside the John Robertson lounge.

Haha

Sergey
23-09-2016, 07:07 PM
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/download/meetings/id/50731/item_77_-_tynecastle_nursery

Came across some Council meeting minutes covering council involvement in the new stand project.

council willing to to sell old adult trading centre building, now Homfc shop and ticket office, for £260,000. Hearts looking to pay a bit less.

council will pay for construction of temporary nursery round in Wheatfield street.
council will pay £ 0.5 million for fit out of new nursery under the stand which will be leased from Homfc for £1 per year.

work cannot start on demolishions until new temp nursery ready for occupation. Work won't start until planning permission for new stand granted.

:applause:

I've been off the radar as my (part share) in the yacht (it's actually a launch) is being moved from Henley on Thames (GIRFUY Jambo ****) to the Norfolk Broads.

Just another GIRFUY to you lo-life Gorgie ***** - including folks that live down south that I know.

AC kens the score :greengrin

Forthview
23-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Anybody know the name of the crazy main contractor, Mrs budge regularly repeating publicly that they have about 50% of the total cost, who would take on the risk? :confused:

grunt
23-09-2016, 07:12 PM

If hearts are leasing the nursery space to the council for £1 a year, I expect they're getting something from the council in return?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
23-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Why do the council need to spend £.05m to replace a nursery?

grunt
23-09-2016, 07:50 PM

That's a good point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 08:06 PM

The only way the Edinburgh council tax payers will ever know if these figures represent best value for everyone in the city who pay their taxes is if everyone who might be interested in these assets that now seem to be up for sale get an even chance of bidding for them.

A £2 bid for the lease, for example, would be a massive improvement so may the best person win what should be an open and transparent bid.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 08:11 PM

The yam haven't got the money and the city has to do its bit now that a seemingly respectable time has elapsed since the administration and all that inconvenient abuse of public and private money last time?

DC_Hibs
23-09-2016, 08:14 PM
A £2 bid for the lease, for example, would be a massive improvement

Aye if you're also shelling out 500k for the fit out.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Anybody know the name of the crazy main contractor, Mrs budge regularly repeating publicly that they have about 50% of the total cost, who would take on the risk? :confused:
Been away from Edinburgh too long. Do the city council still have a direct works department?[emoji6]

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Aye if you're also shelling out 500k for the fit out.
And so long as anyone else interested gets the opportunity. You might say the deal has been set up this way to make it attractive to only one party?

jgl07
23-09-2016, 09:54 PM
It all sounds like a lot of bluster.

Half the money is not in place and the planning permission application is floundering.

I suspect the game is to get the planning application approved and then whip out the begging bowl.

I remain unconvinced by the proposed solution of building a new stand around the existing one and keeping it in use. But then, what do I know? Only 50 years experience in the construction industry.

Jack
23-09-2016, 10:30 PM

Interesting. A friend is looking to buy land from the council in the same area, same sort of value, and he's been told to put in an offer of around 10% more to secure the deal!

Bostonhibby
23-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Interesting. A friend is looking to buy land from the council in the same area, same sort of value, and he's been told to put in an offer of around 10% more to secure the deal!

On a best value basis, make an open and public offer above £260k for the property in question here? worth it just to see your council in action.:greengrin

GreenLake
23-09-2016, 11:38 PM

I was thinking of building a sanctuary for endangered butterflies and could write a check for that amount.

Basildon Hibs
23-09-2016, 11:50 PM
I was thinking of building a sanctuary for endangered butterflies and could write a check for that amount.

Well get on with it, man !! Anything to scupper the Yams. :greengrin

northstandhibby
24-09-2016, 12:50 AM
Well get on with it, man !! Anything to scupper the Yams. :greengrin

I think the yams are already regretting their 'new stand'. The reality of sitting in a big bus shelter has come home to roost. No matter how the hunyams on bbc sportsound talk up the piggery it is still a piggery.

A horrid stadium in a horrid place. Gorgie sucks.

GGTTH

Aldo
24-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Wish I had the money to buy the land/property and then just let it sit and rot!!

madhibee_again
24-09-2016, 07:14 AM

It was on a list of nurseries due to be replaced/extended anyway, depending on what the scope was previously £500k is not too bad.

As someone else pointed out the temporary nursery needs to be completed before anything can be done. This tender hasn't been advertised yet, although it may be the Council are utilising an existing framework - which would be the normal/sensible thing to do.

For me the major issue is have the Council ensured best value in the disposal of current assets?

greenginger
24-09-2016, 08:09 AM
What it boils down to is Hearts are getting about .75 acres of land for £260,000 and the use of a bit of their new shed for 35 years.

Vlad agreed a price of £1.8 million for the same piece of property 8 years ago.

Jdawg
24-09-2016, 08:37 AM
I really don't care what the build as a new main stand or the price, they seem to be forgetting the remaining 3 stands are cheap, nasty, faded pink and downright hideous

green day
24-09-2016, 08:41 AM
What it boils down to is Hearts are getting about .75 acres of land for £260,000 and the use of a bit of their new shed for 35 years.

If its the right thing for the nursery, and the kids get a better place to learn and play, Im relaxed about that, it comes under community improvements, regardless of where it is located.

As for Vlad, he was barking mad with the new stadium scheme - so as far as I am concerned, everything he said or agreed can e consigned to the (looney) bin.

I dislike them as much as the next right minded hibby, but its their money (this time).

Lets not forget that they are about to blow £12M in order to gain about 3000 seats and some improved restaurants. If thats what they want to spend their cash on, up to them - it will have an effect on the pitch though, and it wont be positive.

Bostonhibby
24-09-2016, 08:45 AM

So the deals a good one only if Edinburgh has seen a huge decrease in values since that bid, and no one else is interested, oh and best use and value just happens to be what is proposed here.
Nearly said your council in action but it's really your council and the yams in partnership in action.

CentreLine
24-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Best use of public money is to sell this property and land at a reduced rate to their pet project football club and then contribute half a million pounds in kitting out part of another stand which hahahearts will own outright after 25 years. Twenty five years value do a half million investment is obviously good business. Hmmmmm?
No surprises there then. Nothing to see here. Move along !

jgl07
24-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Best use of public money is to sell this property and land at a reduced rate to their pet project football club and then contribute half a million pounds in kitting out part of another stand which hahahearts will own outright after 25 years. Twenty five years value do a half million investment is obviously good business. Hmmmmm?
No surprises there then. Nothing to see here. Move along !

Judging by the state of the stands at Tynecastle built 20 years ago, would anyone put money on the new stand still being up in 25 years?

The council could use it to store pianos in the meantime?

greenginger
26-09-2016, 03:37 PM
A few new documents added to the planning application today,

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OBFCWAEWHOF00

The stadium exiting report gives exact figures for each stand.

Total capacity of the completed PBS. will be 20,057.

There is also a bat report , but no evidence of any roosting bats, new or old , in the Gorgie relic.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2016, 03:39 PM

There is also a bat report , but no evidence of any roosting bats, new or old , in the Gorgie relic.

What is our capacity

Bostonhibby

So it's official, just the one old bat at Tynecastle. But not a roosting one.

AltheHibby

Okay. I'll say it: there's an old bat in the boardroom.

I'll fetch me coat...

Edit: beaten to it.

Hibee87
26-09-2016, 03:41 PM
What is our capacity

20'400 odd I beleive :aok:

BoomtownHibees
26-09-2016, 03:42 PM

20,057?? How on earth will they cope knowing it's less than what the "wee team" have?

Kato
26-09-2016, 03:51 PM
20,057?? How on earth will they cope knowing it's less than what the "wee team" have?

By telling huge porkies or acting out the ostrich impersonations - like they have always done.

Aldo
26-09-2016, 03:53 PM
What is our capacity

20,242 or in that region BW!

Moulin Yarns
26-09-2016, 04:34 PM

Ther was a bat roost found in the stairwell in the corner between the wheatfield and Gorgie stands. When they need replacing it will be more than geese coming home to roost.

Keith_M
26-09-2016, 04:41 PM
I've been off the radar as my (part share) in the yacht (it's actually a launch) is being moved from Henley on Thames (GIRFUY Jambo ****) to the Norfolk Broads.

Just another GIRFUY to you lo-life Gorgie ***** - including folks that live down south that I know.

AC kens the score :greengrin

You make comments like this a lot on here and I just wondered, are you perhaps trying to (over) compensate for something?

:confused:

Renfrew_Hibby
26-09-2016, 10:01 PM
20,242 or in that region BW!

West 6,342
East 6,407
FF 3,756
South 3,916

Total 20,421

Dashing Bob S
26-09-2016, 10:54 PM
West 6,342
East 6,407
FF 3,756
South 3,916

Total 20,421

They've obviously been sweating like high noncery to get that figure up alongside ours, but probably realised that we'd just fill in a corner and add 2.5 k, which isn't an option for them and their armpit site.

Geo_1875
27-09-2016, 08:51 AM
I really don't care what the build as a new main stand or the price, they seem to be forgetting the remaining 3 stands are cheap, nasty, faded pink and downright hideous

You missed out dangerous as well.

jgl07
27-09-2016, 12:42 PM
So Hearts have 'over half the funding in place' according to Budgie. That all makes a start in the near future highly unlikely especially as the estimated cost looks decidedly on the low side given the complexities of building 'around' the existing stand and keeping it in use throughout.

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2016, 12:50 PM
So Hearts have 'over half the funding in place' according to Budgie. That all makes a start in the near future highly unlikely especially as the estimated cost looks decidedly on the low side given the complexities of building 'around' the existing stand and keeping it in use throughout.

I think that's the size of it. The half funding declaration was obviously bull**** to attract a flood of investors that never materialized.

I'll be very surprised if they are not playing in front of the asbo stand next season.

Betty Boop
27-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Been away from Edinburgh too long. Do the city council still have a direct works department?[emoji6]

No

greenginger
27-09-2016, 01:19 PM

There is another document just been loaded on the hearts planning application web site.

It is the detail of the long beam to span the length of the pitch and and support the new stand roof.
lt is deeper and heavier than the beam erected for their Wheatfield stand ( because the new stand roof is a lot wider ) and that required 3 very large mobile cranes working in union on the pitch to raise the structure.

To attempt to lift the new stand beam from behind the old stand, working blind , would be crazy.

An alternative could be to demolish the end section of the old stand to provide access on to the pitch, but the chances are the whole thing would come crashing down.

I still think it's all about a relaunch of the Foundation of Hearts donation scheme , appealing to lost doners to return and to those still on board to increase their pledges.

jgl07
27-09-2016, 01:25 PM
No
It wouldn't have made any difference as the Edinburgh Direct Works Department was only allowed to work on Council Contracts. At one time it couldn't work on Lothian Regional Council Contracts. So when Police, Fire, Education, etc. were hived off from City of Edinburgh to Lothian Region circa 1975 they had difficulties continuing with existing contracts.

worcesterhibby
27-09-2016, 01:38 PM
I still think it's all about a relaunch of the Foundation of Hearts donation scheme , appealing to lost doners to return and to those still on board to increase their pledges.

Personally I think it's about them trying to improve their ground. We all moan about Scottish football infrastructure I think it's good to see some other Scottish grounds being updated.

jgl07
27-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Personally I think it's about them trying to improve their ground. We all moan about Scottish football infrastructure I think it's good to see some other Scottish grounds being updated.
The ground improvement at Tynecastle are long overdue.

The problem is that it cannot really be improved in its current location because there is not the space available to build a decent 20,000 seat stadium. I suppose the ultimate Vlad plans to reorient ate the pitch might have delivered that but not as things stand.

So they are doomed to failure. Yes they can spend a lot of cash on the new stand. But it will still leave the pitch as too small and the run off areas inadequate to meet UEFA standards. The existing stands are very shoddy and the rake is dangerously steep.

They should have bitten the bullet twenty or more years ago and moved to a location that was of adequate size.

Geo_1875
27-09-2016, 01:55 PM

If they went ahead and built a new stand nobody would bat an eyelid. It's the fact that they have about half the money required and are looking for a handout from somewhere that makes people (non- maroon types) wary. They have a habit of failing to pay their way.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2016, 02:37 PM
If they went ahead and built a new stand nobody would bat an eyelid. It's the fact that they have about half the money required and are looking for a handout from somewhere that makes people (non- maroon types) wary. They have a habit of failing to pay their way.
[emoji106] This

Greenworld
27-09-2016, 02:44 PM
They should have built a shiny complete new stadium before they went bust imagine the comments then lol

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

greenginger
27-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Looking again at the stadium exiting report,

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/7527A7C84385BF5A8C774104C8F1C527/pdf/16_03823_FUL-STADIUM_EXIT_REPORT-3428044.pdf

The diagram on page 1 shows the main exit for fans from the shiny new stand sharing exit stairs and the exit gate with the occupants of the Roseburn Stand.

Has nobody told Mr Clydesdale that that's the visitors stand.

I think segregation issues have been overlooked.

bruno
27-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Looking again at the stadium exiting report,

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/7527A7C84385BF5A8C774104C8F1C527/pdf/16_03823_FUL-STADIUM_EXIT_REPORT-3428044.pdf

The diagram on page 1 shows the main exit for fans from the shiny new stand sharing exit stairs and the exit gate with the occupants of the Roseburn Stand.

Has nobody told Mr Clydesdale that that's the visitors stand.

I think segregation issues have been overlooked.

You provide terrific entertainment I will give you that

do you seriously think they would forget where the visitors sit

every time you come out with a "this can't happen due to bats, nursery, building owned by XYZ, distillery, funding, planning consent, FOH funding etc etc etc you have to move on to the next straw clutching excuse hoping beyond hope that this will fall through

I think you need to understand that the new regime is not in the slightest similar to the Vlad era and accept that we are now a well run club trying to win back trust from the local community and football in general.

I think with things like the museum and memorial garden as well as now keeping up to date with publishing accounts , not paying players what we can't afford etc etc we are getting there

have a look at the museum next time you are snooping round the Wheatfield undercroft(with work ongoing that you said wasn't possible) it really is a fantastic reward for the years of hard work of the volunteer historians(fans) and I am sure you would be impressed.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-09-2016, 03:55 PM

every time you come out with a "this can't happen due to bats, nursery, building owned by XYZ, distillery, funding, planning consent, FOH funding etc etc etc you have to move on to the next straw clutching excuse hoping beyond hope that this will fall through

I think you need to understand that the new regime is not in the slightest similar to the Vlad era and accept that we are now a well run club trying to win back trust from the local community and football in general.

I think with things like the museum and memorial garden as well as now keeping up to date with publishing accounts , not paying players what we can't afford etc etc we are getting there

have a look at the museum next time you are snooping round the Wheatfield undercroft(with work ongoing that you said wasn't possible) it really is a fantastic reward for the years of hard work of the volunteer historians(fans) and I am sure you would be impressed.

I think the jambo has a point.

I posted earlier in this thread that the whole thread was coming across as quite petty.

I dont thiink there is any doubt hearts will build a new stand - why wouldnt they, almost every other club has managed it.

I agree rhe council need watching, but otherwise all this 'it will never happen stuff' is a bit like sergey's bollox around the hearts admin.

Let them get on with it.

Smartie
27-09-2016, 04:18 PM
I don't doubt that the new stand will happen and I agree that it's small-minded and petty to dismiss every effort that they make to drag their club and stadium back to reality and into the 21st century.

This stand will come at a cost though. There is a lot of money that will have to be put aside to pay for it - there will be no "borrowing from themselves", Lithuanian taxpayers, local businesses or charities to pay for this project.

Their biggest challenge isn't building the stand - it's keeping a competitive team on the park throughout, whilst the stand is being paid for. They need to keep the pledges rolling in and it will be interesting to see how they manage that throughout dips in form on the park. Dips in form happen, and are more likely to happen when money is being shuffled off to pay for infrastructure projects. We know this only too well.

They've been quick enough to get on Neilson's back in spite of what he's achieved.

Kato
27-09-2016, 04:22 PM
This stand will come at a cost though. There is a lot of money that will have to be put aside to pay for it - there will be no "borrowing from themselves", Lithuanian taxpayers, local businesses or charities to pay for this project.

They will happily pocket £0.5M from the council though.

Kato
27-09-2016, 04:24 PM

We used to get this kind of umbrage taken quite often when Ol' Vlad/Wallace/Pieman was in charge.

I for one am glad it's back.

son of haggart
27-09-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't doubt that the new stand will happen and I agree that it's small-minded and petty to dismiss every effort that they make to drag their club and stadium back to reality and into the 21st century.

Their biggest challenge isn't building the stand - it's keeping a competitive team on the park throughout, whilst the stand is being paid for. They need to keep the pledges rolling in and it will be interesting to see how they manage that throughout dips in form on the park. Dips in form happen, and are more likely to happen when money is being shuffled off to pay for infrastructure projects. We know this only too well.

They've been quick enough to get on Neilson's back in spite of what he's achieved.

You're right, that is the challenge and of course football fans (including ours) are not renowned for their patience. On the plus side we have in Ann Budge a very able manager and organiser of the club. Many fans would be happy if she was simply the owner (not me). We have a decent team at the moment but we could do with a cup run as effectively we have nearly sold out every league game so not so much additional income coming in.

hibs0666
27-09-2016, 04:33 PM

Where in this museum will I find the exhibit on employed sex offenders? How are the Romanov years treated? Is there a list of bumped creditors hanging on a wall? Are there any vignettes on display from Lithuanian pensioners?

Bostonhibby
27-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Where in this museum will I find the exhibit on employed sex offenders? How are the Romanov years treated? Is there a list of bumped creditors hanging on a wall? Are there any vignettes on display from Lithuanian pensioners?
Ahem, cough, cough, don't mention the poppy money or big hearts or Macraes Battalion Trust.

I think they nearly got away with it in this micro love in that was beginning to emerge.

northstandhibby
27-09-2016, 04:41 PM

Still be a piggery.

greenginger
27-09-2016, 04:42 PM

Deary me Bruno , not half getting a bit tetchy.

Mr White
27-09-2016, 04:51 PM
There are still a few mysterious aspects to this project so it doesn't surprise me that it's being discussed here. The things that stand out to me are 1. Starting work on the wheatfield temporary facilities without a building warrant. If this is true it's worthy of investigation and discussion imo.

2. How is the plan to keep the existing stand in use while the new one is being built going to work exactly? If only half the funding is in place it seems odd to increase the cost of the project like this. Even allowing for lost revenue if the old stand were to be demolished first.

There are a lot of unanswered questions here and given hmfc's longstanding habit of not paying their way or by the rules it doesn't surprise me people are taking an interest on a rival fans forum.

greenginger
27-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Where to start, firstly Mrs Budge stated at the beginning of the year Hearts had already purchased a piece of the property required for the new stand, the old stone offices .
These are still owned by the Chris Stewart Groop.

The nursery can't be demolished until the temporary one is operational. There isn't even a planning application in for it yet.

The work in the Wheatfield stand undercroft is progressing, sure, but there's not been a building warrant issued for the work . But the new folk are not like Vlad.

As for the exiting , I think you have to agree there could be problems with home and visiting fans sharing the same exit.

I have paid a visit to the war memorial, quite impressive, and will look into the Hearts museum sometime.

hibs0666
27-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Ahem, cough, cough, don't mention the poppy money or big hearts or Macraes Battalion Trust.

I think they nearly got away with it in this micro love in that was beginning to emerge.

I'm sure they will be covered by the museum eh Bruno? Bruno??

ancient hibee
27-09-2016, 05:31 PM

It would be interesting to hear some of the alleged arguments taking place in the FOH about the correctness of using their donations to pay for building works and then using future donations to buy these assets when ownership changes.

Keith_M
27-09-2016, 05:45 PM
I hear the Museum has a whole section dedicated to the 'Living Beyond Our Means And Didn't Pay Our Bills' years.

There are pictures commemorating the last two Cup Wins, with disclaimers that they were achieved with stolen Lithuanian Pension Money and Charity Funds.

There's a Memorial to the MacRaes Battalion, with an explanation of why it's OK to constantly try to cash in on the sacrifice of dead soldiers and at the same time steal Poppy Funds.... something that's difficult to comprehend for mere Hobos like us, who mistakenly think such things are an incredible contradiction and morally questionable.

In the shop, you can buy books called, 'How To Pretend Your Club Is Fan Owned' and '101 Ways To Reinvent The Public Image Of A Despicable Football Club'.

Finally, there's a Plaque on the way out, proudly displaying the names of all those principled Hearts Fans that boycotted Tynecastle while the crooked 'Mr' Romanov was in charge, and can truthfully hold their heads high knowing they did the right thing. Apparently it's made from the back of a Fag Packet.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2016, 05:46 PM
It would be interesting to hear some of the alleged arguments taking place in the FOH about the correctness of using their donations to pay for building works and then using future donations to buy these assets when ownership changes.

:agree: Buying it from themselves, opposite of owing it to themselves. Either way the believers pay twice, like before only there's a memorial garden this time.

Pete
27-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Never mind all this, what are we going to bury under their stand once it does start getting built to ensure they never win another trophy again?

That **** works, right?

Mr White
27-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Never mind all this, what are we going to bury under their stand once it does start getting built to ensure they never win another trophy again?

That **** works, right?

The creditors list and a charity collection tin?

Jack Hackett
27-09-2016, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the intervention guys....He nearly had me reaching for a hanky :aok::jamboak::yw:

Bostonhibby
27-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the intervention guys....He nearly had me reaching for a hanky :aok::jamboak::yw:
My pleasure

Lest they forget

Aldo
27-09-2016, 06:49 PM
You provide terrific entertainment I will give you that do you seriously think they would forget where the visitors sit every time you come out with a "this can't happen due to bats, nursery, building owned by XYZ, distillery, funding, planning consent, FOH funding etc etc etc you have to move on to the next straw clutching excuse hoping beyond hope that this will fall through I think you need to understand that the new regime is not in the slightest similar to the Vlad era and accept that we are now a well run club trying to win back trust from the local community and football in general. I think with things like the museum and memorial garden as well as now keeping up to date with publishing accounts , not paying players what we can't afford etc etc we are getting there have a look at the museum next time you are snooping round the Wheatfield undercroft(with work ongoing that you said wasn't possible) it really is a fantastic reward for the years of hard work of the volunteer historians(fans) and I am sure you would be impressed.

Think you'll find that it was your own fans changing the goal posts every time there was talk of redevelopment in days gone by.

Regardless of now you all stood by and bought into the Vlad regime and don't kid yourselves you didn't. Now the wind has changed and you think it's time to forget the past.

You and your mob can try and forget but I never will.

Your club is 'the club with no shame' simple as that and local businesses, charities and the Lady Haig poppy fund is testament to that.

Kato
27-09-2016, 07:00 PM
The statue of Vlad will look great in the museum.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Right next to the Graham Rix waxwork

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 07:04 PM

God I'd pay to see that😄

Mellow Hibee
27-09-2016, 07:06 PM

While I believe that he stand will be built, and don't really have any problem with that, it's a bit rich to talk about winning back trust from the local community.

Hearts as a club spent money that was owed to local small businesses on wages for players to buy short term success. If you really wanted to "win back trust" then it would be reasonable to think that you may have asked the businesses who payed for a couple of cup wins whether they would rather be payed what they were owed or have that money spent on a museum and a memorial garden.

You may well argue that the current regime has no relationship to the charlatan who came before, but then others would quite reasonably ask why Hearts continually refer back to what the club did over 100 years ago.

Hibby70
27-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Personally I hope they get the steel up, demolish the haunted house then run out of money.

NthCarolinaHibs
27-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Personally I hope they get the steel up, demolish the haunted house then run out of money.

Similar to the structure out Tranent way..would be most pleasing...

The Falcon
27-09-2016, 08:22 PM

What is happening across the city is a major rebranding in an attempt to whitewash past deeds.

Guilt is a terrible burden. And dont let them kid anybody. They know it.

green day
27-09-2016, 08:42 PM
You're right, that is the challenge and of course football fans (including ours) are not renowned for their patience. On the plus side we have in Ann Budge a very able manager and organiser of the club. Many fans would be happy if she was simply the owner (not me). We have a decent team at the moment but we could do with a cup run as effectively we have nearly sold out every league game so not so much additional income coming in.

What does success on the field look like this season? Genuine question.

For us, it is promotion.

For teams in the top division, it has to be cups only, as Celtic have the league won already?

jgl07
27-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Similar to the structure out Tranent way..would be most pleasing...
The Wallyford Dog Track, I presume. It must have been there 20 years.

Hibby70
27-09-2016, 09:56 PM
The Wallyford Dog Track, I presume. It must have been there 20 years.

Budge is out with the hacksaw as we speak.

Criswell
27-09-2016, 10:28 PM

No Bats? Just as well, as no doubt they would be included in the attendance figures!

Mikey09
27-09-2016, 11:32 PM

I wouldn't take a ***** in the place. Wonder what parts of "history" they'll erase?!