PDA

View Full Version : Yams Jambo Stand Update - Volume 7 Episode 7:0

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

O'Rourke3
28-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Passed down Mcleod Street at lunchtime today and saw a large sign announcing the new Heart's club store and ticket office were now open.

Never refusing an invitation for a quick neb , I parked up and took a wander round the back of the Roseburn Stand and the new accommodation is in the new build under the Wheatfield Stand.

I have just re-checked the Council planning and building portal and the building warrant to begin work has still not been issued so its fairly safe to assume no completion or partial completion certificate can have been issued to allow legal access for staff and public.

That being the case , the Club will have no 3rd party liability insurance for customers and no insurance cover for their own staff should any accidents happen. ( the place was still an active building site when I walked round. )

I'm pretty sure if any other company acted like this our Council would be all over them and the EEN would have headlines screaming about reckless or even criminal behaviour.
GG Loving the updates but council machinations bore me. Does the warrant need published first - public notice - EEN sort of thing, or is this the sort of thing that can easily have a 6 week backlog?

greenginger
28-11-2016, 10:22 PM
GG Loving the updates but council machinations bore me. Does the warrant need published first - public notice - EEN sort of thing, or is this the sort of thing that can easily have a 6 week backlog?

The building warrant was applied for back in March. Normally it will be issued within 8 - 12 weeks depending on the complexity of the project. The warrant application is still noted as pending consideration and " Form Q required ".

Form Q , as far as I know is a simple one page statement that the work will be carried out in accordance with the drawings and specification. Why this has not been submitted is not clear but when a warrant is issued it is noted on the website within 24 hours.

O'Rourke3
28-11-2016, 10:26 PM
The building warrant was applied for back in March. Normally it will be issued within 8 - 12 weeks depending on the complexity of the project. The warrant application is still noted as pending consideration and " Form Q required ".

Form Q , as far as I know is a simple one page statement that the work will be carried out in accordance with the drawings and specification. Why this has not been submitted is not clear but when a warrant is issued it is noted on the website within 24 hours.
Cheers. Nice to know nothing changes over Gorgie...

brog
29-11-2016, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=Sergey;4867687]Do we have a willing volunteer?

I'll willingly push you (although we could run a sweep for the privilege) :greengrin[/QUOT

Im probably more structurally sound than the current stand!

JT Fae The Toon
09-01-2017, 12:33 PM
For those still interested in the progress of the new main stand.

Not been an update for a while as the site was being demolished then cleared but the first sections of the truss, which will support the roof of the new stand, have arrived.

There will be five sections in total which will be welded together then the plan is to hoist the entire roof truss into place just after the Bonnyrigg vs Hibs cup tie.

greenginger
09-01-2017, 12:48 PM
For those still interested in the progress of the new main stand.

Not been an update for a while as the site was being demolished then cleared but the first sections of the truss, which will support the roof of the new stand, have arrived.

There will be five sections in total which will be welded together then the plan is to hoist the entire roof truss into place just after the Bonnyrigg vs Hibs cup tie.

And a happy new year to you JT,

I stopped off in Mcleod Street this morning and had a chat with the foreman. All set for 24th with 2 huge mobile cranes doing the lift.

Mrs Budge should be selling tickets for this one !

flash
09-01-2017, 12:57 PM
This must be the part of the project that they have the money for.

Moulin Yarns
09-01-2017, 01:29 PM
This must be the part of the project that they have the money for.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Edinburgh's_Disgrace_(3415304396).jpg (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-tKn0orXRAhVB1RoKHfxuD8MQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommons.wikimedia.org%2Fwiki%2FF ile%3AEdinburgh's_Disgrace_(3415304396).jpg&psig=AFQjCNE0slPH_3IRq48nTsCrrnfO3LoscQ&ust=1484058323546436)

The finished stand will look a bit like this

:wink:

Bostonhibby
09-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Movement on the one, just the one, new stand then. Hope there's not any bad weather that day.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

son of haggart
09-01-2017, 01:46 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Edinburgh's_Disgrace_(3415304396).jpg (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-tKn0orXRAhVB1RoKHfxuD8MQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommons.wikimedia.org%2Fwiki%2FF ile%3AEdinburgh's_Disgrace_(3415304396).jpg&psig=AFQjCNE0slPH_3IRq48nTsCrrnfO3LoscQ&ust=1484058323546436)

The finished stand will look a bit like this

:wink:

That's actually the old toilet from the terracing where the Roseburn now stands, explains why the pish used to run down the back of it

Bostonhibby
09-01-2017, 02:12 PM
That's actually the old toilet from the terracing where the Roseburn now stands, explains why the pish used to run down the back of it
[emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

JT Fae The Toon
09-01-2017, 03:14 PM
And a happy new year to you JT,

I stopped off in Mcleod Street this morning and had a chat with the foreman. All set for 24th with 2 huge mobile cranes doing the lift.

Mrs Budge should be selling tickets for this one !

Same to you and yours GG.

Waxy
09-01-2017, 03:50 PM
I woke this morning to find the bus shelters gone from over the road. Bit suss eh with constructions about to take place in the west if the city? Eh?

JT Fae The Toon
02-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Roof truss has been built and was hoisted into place about 45 minutes ago.

Running about one week behind original schedule, probably due to the Raith replay.

stuart-farquhar
02-02-2017, 05:24 PM

Running about one week behind original schedule, probably due to the Raith replay.

Just the rest of the tip to replace and that's that eh!

Mr White
02-02-2017, 05:26 PM
The bumped creditors will all no doubt have a warm glow of satisfaction knowing that, despite being hugely out of pocket themselves, progress continues at HMFC as if the whole thing never happened.

stuart-farquhar
02-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Maybe they can copy our terrace. But instead pay homage to the shafted creditors who can enjoy looking at the stone that declares the amount of money never to be repaid.

Mr White
02-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Maybe they can copy our terrace. But instead pay homage to the shafted creditors who can enjoy looking at the stone that declares the amount of money never to be repaid.

Good idea. The McLeod Street Hall of Shame has a snappy ring to it.

Juice-Terry
02-02-2017, 06:13 PM
"The McLeod Street Hall of Shame." LOVE it! "Wall of Shame" might be even better

matty_f
02-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Were new stands not a thing years ago? Are teams still getting excited about them?

Mr White
02-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Were new stands not a thing years ago? Are teams still getting excited about them?

It's still a thing for tin pot clubs like hearts falkirk and Hamilton.

JT Fae The Toon
02-02-2017, 06:22 PM

You realise there's 26 page thread on it?

matty_f
02-02-2017, 06:26 PM

Of people getting excited?

Moody Blues
02-02-2017, 06:27 PM

A new stand plus nine new players which must have increased the wage bill by about half a million per year... where is all the dosh coming from?

stuart-farquhar
02-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Of people getting excited?

About a cheap dump.

Mr White
02-02-2017, 06:30 PM
A new stand plus nine new players which must have increased the wage bill by about half a million per year... where is all the dosh coming from?

It's more a question of where the dosh didn't go. All these rich jambos digging into their deep pockets post-administration must have been on holiday or in jail when the creditors were being shafted.

where'stheslope
02-02-2017, 06:31 PM

Strange, yet on Hibs.net there is 26 pages about something no one is supposed to be bothered about?

Why not just keep Hibs.net for things relating to Hibernian!!!!

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Strange, yet on Hibs.net there is 26 pages about something no one is supposed to be bothered about?

Only 8 pages on my phone - change your settings guys!

Mr White
02-02-2017, 06:34 PM

You just pushed it closer to 27 pages. As did I of course. I'm OK with that.

stuart-farquhar
02-02-2017, 06:38 PM

For me it's all about their hubris. Which is nice because its an anagram of ru hibs. So in fact its all about Hibs really!

where'stheslope
02-02-2017, 06:57 PM
For me it's all about their hubris. Which is nice because its an anagram of ru hibs. So in fact its all about Hibs really!

Sorry, I'm not that godly!

But who knows you might be????

Aldo
02-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately some Yams still don't get it. One at work today informed me that their 21,099 all seater stadium will be finished for the start of the new season.

I pointed out that it was only 20,099 which falls short of our capacity!

They sat down and showed me the Banderson article (which was indeed wrong) from a while ago. I smirked and sat down and 'did the math'

Took away the capacity of the death trap stand from their stadium capacity!!

Then added the capacity of their new stand.... 7,000.

And you get the new total which is 20,099!

Simple you would think, nope they tried and tried again but they still couldn't get their new capacity to be more than ours!!

They told me I was lying so in true 'I want to be a Millionaire' fashion they 'called a friend' who too said it was made up and that the capacity was 'surely' more than ours!!

After 30 or so minutes I then showed them the 'official yam' statement confirming everything I had said....well their response was

'You've made that up and posted it on line'

I was then told there is no way 'the famous' would have a stadium smaller than the wee team.

They were both informed that they would never have a FIFA Grade 2 stadium and their own training facility like us and that they played second fiddle to the national and uni teams. That did not go down well and I was confronted with 5-1 blah blah .

I walked off with a huge smile on my face knowing they would still be at it to try and make their new capacity bigger than ours.

They just don't get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2017, 07:22 PM

Yer no kiddin' mate ...... If self congratulation won trophies the Yams would indeed be Champions league contenders. Still its nice to see other clubs trying to catch up with us, Scottish football needs more completed stadiums ... just the 3 stands to update and they will be there :greengrin

northstandhibby
02-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Swiney is a dump, Gorgie and Dalry is a dump (apologies to any hibbies residing there), their strip colours are hideous and their fans stink and talk keech.

glory glory

Bostonhibby
02-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Unfortunately some Yams still don't get it. One at work today informed me that their 21,099 all seater stadium will be finished for the start of the new season.

They sat down and showed me the Banderson article (which was indeed wrong) from a while ago. I smirked and sat down and 'did the math'

Simple you would think, nope they tried and tried again but they still couldn't get their new capacity to be more than ours!!

They told me I was lying so in true 'I want to be a Millionaire' fashion they 'called a friend' who too said it was made up and that the capacity was 'surely' more than ours!!

After 30 or so minutes I then showed them the 'official yam' statement confirming everything I had said....well their response was

I was then told there is no way 'the famous' would have a stadium smaller than the wee team.

They were both informed that they would never have a FIFA Grade 2 stadium and their own training facility like us and that they played second fiddle to the national and uni teams. That did not go down well and I was confronted with 5-1 blah blah .

I walked off with a huge smile on my face knowing they would still be at it to try and make their new capacity bigger than ours.

They just don't get it

Inconvenient numbers are either completely ignored or changed to something more acceptable, it's the yam way. It got them to where they are today and caused the humiliation of administration and having to publish their very own creditors list, the list of shame that will be there as part of their shabby modern history.

SuperAllyMcleod
02-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Swiney is a dump, Gorgie and Dalry is a dump (apologies to any hibbies residing there), their strip colours are hideous and their fans stink and talk keech.

glory glory

But other than that, can I take it you quite like them? [emoji4]

greenginger
02-02-2017, 07:37 PM

I was there watching the hoist , not hoping it didn't fit , honest ! :greengrin

I had a chat with the BSB contractor's site engineer, he told me the two cranes cost £18,000 per day for hire charges and the beam weight was 82 tonne. At the going rate of £3000/tonne for structural steel, that's the best part of £ 250,000.

Aldo
02-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Inconvenient numbers are either completely ignored or changed to something more acceptable, it's the yam way. It got them to where they are today and caused the humiliation of administration and having to publish their very own creditors list, the list of shame that will be there as part of their shabby modern history.

BH spot on!! But but that's all in the past!!! It's sure is but but it's part of your history!! Always will be the club with no shame for me!!

tamig
02-02-2017, 08:13 PM
I was there watching the hoist , not hoping it didn't fit , honest ! :greengrin

I had a chat with the BSB contractor's site engineer, he told me the two cranes cost £18,000 per day for hire charges and the beam weight was 82 tonne. At the going rate of £3000/tonne for structural steel, that's the best part of £ 250,000.
Any pics GG?

Mr White
02-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Any pics GG?

A jambo mate sent me this earlier. Apologies for the small image attachment but it's from viber.

greenginger
02-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Any pics GG?

Sorry, I'm still on a Nokia mark1 phone. :greengrin

There was loads of folk taking pics so they'll be all over yam facebook pages. Also a couple of guys with professional looking equipment so probs in the papers too.

Mrs Budge was also in attendance strutting about with a hardhat looking like she was in charge.

I think Foundation of Hearts was having a meeting too, pick a new chairman and pump up the Direct Debit donations. I think they'll need them.

Pete
02-02-2017, 10:14 PM
A jambo mate sent me this earlier. Apologies for the small image attachment but it's from viber.

These trusses at the top give the ground a more enclosed feel and look. Very similar design to Deepdale in Preston and without them it would look pretty crap. In fact it would fall down!

Cantilever stands are better though. :-D

tamig
02-02-2017, 10:51 PM

Thanks for that. It looks the same height as the others in that pic - I thought it would have a greater arc on it.

tamig
02-02-2017, 10:55 PM
These trusses at the top give the ground a more enclosed feel and look. Very similar design to Deepdale in Preston and without them it would look pretty crap. In fact it would fall down!

Cantilever stands are better though. :-D

I've always thought the "new" Deepdale stands looked very similar in design to that place. I'm still surprised they're spending so much on this stand as it effectively leaves them stuck with their tiny pitch - until they decide to blitz and rebuild the other three. And that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

tamig
02-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Sorry, I'm still on a Nokia mark1 phone. :greengrin

There was loads of folk taking pics so they'll be all over yam facebook pages. Also a couple of guys with professional looking equipment so probs in the papers too.

Mrs Budge was also in attendance strutting about with a hardhat looking like she was in charge.

I think Foundation of Hearts was having a meeting too, pick a new chairman and pump up the Direct Debit donations. I think they'll need them.
Thanks for the update GG. Did the chairwoman not take the seat of the crane to push a ceremonial button to commence the lift? 😀

Waxy
02-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Tynie would make a decent site for a supermarket.

southern hibby
03-02-2017, 12:18 AM

What's a supermarket ever done to deserve getting stuck there?

GGTTH

GreenLake
03-02-2017, 12:29 AM

For now it's just a supermarsh.

Pete
03-02-2017, 03:19 AM
Thanks for that. It looks the same height as the others in that pic - I thought it would have a greater arc on it.

I've always thought the "new" Deepdale stands looked very similar in design to that place. I'm still surprised they're spending so much on this stand as it effectively leaves them stuck with their tiny pitch - until they decide to blitz and rebuild the other three. And that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I don't think there's any real need to have a greater arc. Definitely not a structural one as I presume that all they're going to do is make the back of the stand higher than the other three are. Aesthetically, I can see what you mean.

As for the similarities with Deepadale, without getting too nerdy or patronising, they are both built using the same "goalpost" frame design. Deepdale was built with the Luigi Ferraris stadium in Genoa in mind and has the same exaggerated floodlight towers with ties supporting the trusses that basically hold the roof up. With a really compact ground like Tynecastle, I think bigger, chunkier trusses were all that was needed and the three stands give it a unique feel.
Blasphemous or not, it will probably only be better once the four are similar.

People go on about Tynecastle having a great "atmosphere" without really knowing why but I think I just put my finger on it. These supporting structures somehow "frame" the ground and therefore the experience. The tightness of the stands behind the goal and the steep gradient also help.

But...it's a cheap design that requires more maintenance in the long term and if any "big teamers" are wanting to make their ground bigger by filling in corners then they can forget it as it's impossible. Also, It's almost as if they've shoehorned an extra 500 seats into each stand because they have to. Easter Road feels so much more relaxed and comfortable.

It's actually the people inside the ground and the football being watched that really dictate the atmosphere, not the concrete and steel. Did the 2-2 game have a better atmosphere than the replay? I think not.

macca70
03-02-2017, 06:15 AM
Was on a train arriving back into Edinburgh about 6pm last night, as we passed Tynecastle, the ticket guy took the opportunity to make an announcement over the PA system on the train.

'Forget about the new Queensferry Crossing, if you look to your left, today is all about the Truss being put in place on the new stand at Tynecastle, home of the mighty Edinburgh Jam Tarts'

Was actually quite funny but what an absolute trumpet!!

Pete
03-02-2017, 06:25 AM
Was on a train arriving back into Edinburgh about 6pm last night, as we passed Tynecastle, the ticket guy took the opportunity to make an announcement over the PA system on the train.

'Forget about the new Queensferry Crossing, if you look to your left, today is all about the Truss being put in place on the new stand at Tynecastle, home of the mighty Edinburgh Jam Tarts'

Was actually quite funny but what an absolute trumpet!!

Hermit Crab.

Get this sorted.

tamig
03-02-2017, 06:51 AM
Hermit Crab.

Get this sorted.

I was going to say I hope it wasn't HC!

brog
03-02-2017, 07:23 AM

They just don't get it

They need to Trump us with their alternative facts! Yams, Trumps Trumpets!!!

greenpaper55
03-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Maybe they will have something similar to galleries where they have a wall with the list of contributors but the yams could do a wall with the list of creditors they stiffed ! A wee inscription with the likes of "if we had paid you this would not have been built" !

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 07:43 AM
Maybe they will have something similar to galleries where they have a wall with the list of contributors but the yams could do a wall with the list of creditors they stiffed ! A wee inscription with the likes of "if we had paid you this would not have been built" !
You know you want to......[emoji48]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
03-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Hearts fans creaming themselves over a truss being put in position shows what a big club they are. I fully expect them to have a public holiday in Gorgie to mark the occasion when the 4th bus shelter is completed.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 07:50 AM
Hearts fans creaming themselves over a truss being put in position shows what a big club they are. I fully expect them to have a public holiday in Gorgie to mark the occasion when the 4th bus shelter is completed.
There are some of us who salivate at the thought of a decent truss. Creaming it, though, is a step too far.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Radium
03-02-2017, 08:50 AM

Looks like Tesco had a whoosh moment on their Twitter

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170203/19dbec8e9f5840535aabd7a1bde3ef68.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170203/0990a41e9a3a90317efbea273508b153.jpg

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-02-2017, 09:03 AM

tamig
03-02-2017, 09:06 AM
A reminder of the original vision

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk.p.preprod.performgroup.com/articles/20070820/timeline_2241749_1091729

stuart-farquhar
03-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Its fantastic! Another stand that looks like a frilly pram hood.

Real Emerald
03-02-2017, 09:32 AM
I don't think there's any real need to have a greater arc. Definitely not a structural one as I presume that all they're going to do is make the back of the stand higher than the other three are. Aesthetically, I can see what you mean.

As for the similarities with Deepadale, without getting too nerdy or patronising, they are both built using the same "goalpost" frame design. Deepdale was built with the Luigi Ferraris stadium in Genoa in mind and has the same exaggerated floodlight towers with ties supporting the trusses that basically hold the roof up. With a really compact ground like Tynecastle, I think bigger, chunkier trusses were all that was needed and the three stands give it a unique feel.
Blasphemous or not, it will probably only be better once the four are similar.

People go on about Tynecastle having a great "atmosphere" without really knowing why but I think I just put my finger on it. These supporting structures somehow "frame" the ground and therefore the experience. The tightness of the stands behind the goal and the steep gradient also help.

But...it's a cheap design that requires more maintenance in the long term and if any "big teamers" are wanting to make their ground bigger by filling in corners then they can forget it as it's impossible. Also, It's almost as if they've shoehorned an extra 500 seats into each stand because they have to. Easter Road feels so much more relaxed and comfortable.

It's actually the people inside the ground and the football being watched that really dictate the atmosphere, not the concrete and steel. Did the 2-2 game have a better atmosphere than the replay? I think not.

Deepdale pitch is around 5 meters wider than Tynecastle which makes the Gorgie experience more like watching football being played at Wimbledon Centre Court on a muddy tattie field and with less finery.

GreenCastle
03-02-2017, 09:40 AM
I'm still glad they are getting it done - the main stand was a death trap and not fit for purpose.

The hilarious part still remains the money being spent to only add a few thousand extra seats and no room to expand the capacity or smallest pitch in the league.

Still lots of questions...

The magical truss is the easy part...when will the rest of the development take place ? - going to be complex building around current stand. When is completion due?

Where will the dugouts go? Looking at the plans they plan to use the Wheatfield for a temporary tunnel but can't see anything in plans for the dugouts in new main stand / next to tunnel?

Funding - has there been a clear answer to how much was needed to complete project ? some funds obviously raised - still a bit short it was announced at last meeting. (Is it true the works are being done by family members of Budge? Like the fitting of the new shop and changing rooms under the Wheatfield?)

Pitch - terrible right now - being changed in summer but with less light coming into stadium (with new higher stand) - I can see this being an on going issue even with the help of these modern grass growing lights.

Will they ever replace those seats in the Roseburn stand ? Looks terrible in every photo you ever see - glad we do't have an issue like that at the largest football stadium in Edinburgh :na na:

Real Emerald
03-02-2017, 09:46 AM
I'm still glad they are getting it done - the main stand was a death trap and not fit for purpose.

The hilarious part still remains the money being spent to only add a few thousand extra seats and no room to expand the capacity or smallest pitch in the league.

Still lots of questions...

The magical truss is the easy part...when will the rest of the development take place ? - going to be complex building around current stand. When is completion due?

Where will the dugouts go? Looking at the plans they plan to use the Wheatfield for a temporary tunnel but can't see anything in plans for the dugouts in new main stand / next to tunnel?

Funding - has there been a clear answer to how much was needed to complete project ? some funds obviously raised - still a bit short it was announced at last meeting. (Is it true the works are being done by family members of Budge? Like the fitting of the new shop and changing rooms under the Wheatfield?)

Pitch - terrible right now - being changed in summer but with less light coming into stadium (with new higher stand) - I can see this being an on going issue even with the help of these modern grass growing lights.

Will they ever replace those seats in the Roseburn stand ? Looks terrible in every photo you ever see - glad we do't have an issue like that at the largest football stadium in Edinburgh :na na:

I'm guessing they'll make sure the plans are for a stadium over 20k capacity which will be reigned back to include things like dug outs, press areas etc. It will end up under 20k but they will never let on. They should get Trump in to do there attendance figures really.

SteveHFC
03-02-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm guessing they'll make sure the plans are for a stadium over 20k capacity which will be reigned back to include things like dug outs, press areas etc. It will end up under 20k but they will never let on. They should get Trump in to do there attendance figures really.

wouldn't surprise me if by the time its finished the capacity is higher than ER as they will try anything to make themselves feel like a big team.

lapsedhibee
03-02-2017, 10:17 AM
wouldn't surprise me if by the time its finished the capacity is higher than ER as they will try anything to make themselves feel like a big team.

Was Potter at Dundee United when they decided to class places from which you couldn't actually see the pitch properly as 'seats'?

If so maybe places at some of the office desks will count towards capacity.

Real Emerald
03-02-2017, 10:25 AM

I've not seen the actual plans, just the artists impression but it looks like there's no area for disabled or press etc. The first row is at grass level and would not see past the advertising boards. There's also no protection from players sliding into the crowd. As I say, that's just from a drawing so may be wide of the mark. We've got wheelchair access areas and a big press area at the back, has any of this been incorporated?

Bostonhibby
03-02-2017, 10:25 AM
When this world enhancing, never done before and never likely to be equalled in the history of engineering eighth wonder of the world is complete it will still be just the one new stand in a ground that doesn't meet eufa standards and is not even the largest capacity football stadium in Edinburgh.

Aldo
03-02-2017, 10:28 AM
One observation I have taken from their latest update.....once this stand has been built that will be that. This 'truss' comes in line with the other 3 stands so it looks like they have no further scope for development.

Wee team mentality for me!!

Aldo
03-02-2017, 10:29 AM
When this world enhancing, never done before and never likely to be equalled in the history of engineering eighth wonder of the world is complete it will still be just the one new stand in a ground that doesn't meet eufa standards and is not even the largest capacity football stadium in Edinburgh.

Yeah but 5-1 and 1902 o wait!!!!

BullsCloseHibs
03-02-2017, 10:32 AM
they seem to be making a big deal that their stand is being built in same way as Liverpool's was.

How old is Annfield again? !!

Ozyhibby
03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Seeing the truss in place has cheered me up no end. It's going to look crap when it's finished.

greenginger
03-02-2017, 10:58 AM
I know I'm in danger of sounding like a stuck record, but the building warrant for the new stand construction has not yet been issued by our Council.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

There have been 5 warrant applications made in connection with the new stand construction and the only one granted so far was for the demolition work to take down the nursery and the Yam offices. All the others are still Pending Consideration. Council speak for still in the system.

I'm pretty sure the Hearts have not coughed up for the site of the Council property yet either. The rates assessors web page notes the land as vacant owned by Edinburgh Council.

Same old Yams, same old Council !

Bostonhibby
03-02-2017, 11:01 AM
they seem to be making a big deal that their stand is being built in same way as Liverpool's was.

Special relationship. Liverpool made the creditors list too

TrinityHibs
03-02-2017, 11:04 AM
I've not seen the actual plans, just the artists impression but it looks like there's no area for disabled or press etc. The first row is at grass level and would not see past the advertising boards. There's also no protection from players sliding into the crowd. As I say, that's just from a drawing so may be wide of the mark. We've got wheelchair access areas and a big press area at the back, has any of this been incorporated?

It is some time since I looked at the plans but there were disabled seats shown. There were no dugouts, tunnel or directors box I think.

03-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Special relationship. Liverpool made the creditors list too

Christ remember that haha?! Apparently they had a "special relationship" with Liverpool because they drew them once in the Europa League and they gave them Michael M'Goo :faf::faf::faf::faf: Liverpool were probably pissing themselves laughing!

They are the most delusional ****wits ever to grace this earth. "Special relationship" hahaha oh my god cringe!

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2017, 11:55 AM
The real Hearts song :aok:

Away up in Gorgie they're lifting a truss
The Yams think its great and they're making a fuss
They're lifting a glass to the people they stiffed
As they remember the mugs robbed tae pay for this lift

C.R.E.D.I.T.O.R.S ............ C.R.E.D.I.T.O.R.S
If you canny spell it then here's what it says
Creditors, creditors glorious creditors
Its down at Tynecastle they're robbed
The talk o' the toon are the cheats in maroon
They build a new stand as mugs shut their shops doon

This is their story, this is their song
Deal with the Hearts and you wont last long
Oh some say that paying your debts is just grand
But the Yams will just bump you and build a new stand

They won a few cups with the money they stole
They wont pay it back but have cash for their hole
The pensioners robbed cant buy coal for their grates
But the Jambos just laugh and talk stands with their mates

REPEAT CHORUS ........

A full list of creditors I could always supply
But that is so long that it reaches the sky
HMRC the Red Cross I could name dozens more
Who fell foul o' Hearts and are trading no more.

REPEAT CHORUS .......

southern hibby
03-02-2017, 12:12 PM

REPEAT CHORUS ........

REPEAT CHORUS .......

Hope you don't mind but I've already sent it to inbreds I know just waiting on the response now

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Christ remember that haha?! Apparently they had a "special relationship" with Liverpool because they drew them once in the Europa League and they gave them Michael M'Goo :faf::faf::faf::faf: Liverpool were probably pissing themselves laughing!

They are the most delusional ****wits ever to grace this earth. "Special relationship" hahaha oh my god cringe!

Hearts have loads of special relationships. They take place between members of the same family in the toilets of the Wheatfield Stand.

Waxy
03-02-2017, 12:50 PM
It'll be made if the cheapest steeland will rust.

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Hope you don't mind but I've already sent it to inbreds I know just waiting on the response now

GGTTH

Nae bother mate ...... If at least half the replies don't contain the word 'seethe' I'll eat my tartan Hibs scarf :greengrin

Waxy
03-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Surely an episode o.f the time team with excavations of some stone age stuff when underneath the old stand sees the light of day again.

SirDavidsNapper
03-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Tynecastle is a cheap run down midden now, it'll be a cheap run down midden when the stand is built and it will always be a cheap run down midden.

Fife-Hibee
03-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Was Potter at Dundee United when they decided to class places from which you couldn't actually see the pitch properly as 'seats'?

If so maybe places at some of the office desks will count towards capacity.

You mean all the seats in the changing rooms and such ? Hee hee

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Posted Today, 11:49 siegementality, on 03 Feb 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=5829577)

So what is the latest state of play regarding the finances for it? Last I heard there was a shortfall of around 3 million and a debenture scheme was being looked at.
Here goes and happy to be corrected.

Funding is in place / committed to build a fully UEFA compliant working football stand for fans, officials, players, media and dignatories.

UEFA compliant :aok: ................ stand :faf:

Dignatories? ...................... Pishy breeks Foulkes, Caspian Beefburger or whatever the name is o' that kid from that family o' nobs they are always forelock tuggin to and the owner of whatever team from Malta or the Faroe Islands is next tae pump them oot o' Europe :faf:

Aldo
03-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Posted Today, 11:49 siegementality, on 03 Feb 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=5829577)

So what is the latest state of play regarding the finances for it? Last I heard there was a shortfall of around 3 million and a debenture scheme was being looked at.
Here goes and happy to be corrected.

Funding is in place / committed to build a fully UEFA compliant working football stand for fans, officials, players, media and dignatories.

UEFA compliant :aok: ................ stand :faf:

Dignatories? ...................... Pishy breeks Foulkes, Caspian Beefburger or whatever the name is o' that kid from that family o' nobs they are always forelock tuggin to and the owner of whatever team from Malta or the Faroe Islands is next tae pump them oot o' Europe :faf:

What is a fully UEFA compliant stand?? Do they not mean stadium??? No wait it won't be and by this I mean stadium! Because their pitch is waaaaaayyyy to small!

Looks like a wee war on words to try con your average Yam!!

greenginger
03-02-2017, 04:15 PM
What is a fully UEFA compliant stand?? Do they not mean stadium??? No wait it won't be and by this I mean stadium! Because their pitch is waaaaaayyyy to small!

Looks like a wee war on words to try con your average Yam!!

Ask the Yam the maximum length of their fancy new girder that was hoisted up last night.

I think its 101.5 metres and its about 2.5 metres longer than their pitch.

Aldo
03-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Ask the Yam the maximum length of their fancy new girder that was hoisted up last night.

GG won ask them bout their Yamanomics as none of them know! At a doo the nite with Mrs Aldo's work at The EICC and the place full be swarming with them. Not seen a lot of them since that glorious day in May. By the end of the nite the usual comfort blankies are out.... 5-1 and 1902 however I might ask about this new stand and capacity and will of course bring up a certain charity should they go too far!!

Waxy
03-02-2017, 04:21 PM
They might have to shrink the pitch to fit it all in or guve up a couple of seat rows.

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2017, 04:39 PM

FFS Greenginger ..... how are you going to maintain you're legendary status on Yambo Sickbag with posts like this? Its not a 'girder' its a truss ... here let me help.

This is a girder:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M6ba28aeb69d94535df43515ad584e698o0&w=82&h=109&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.1&pid=3.1&rm=2 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+of+girders&id=61F049960270947677F261C86851EF7803691DF3&FORM=IQFRBA)
This is a truss and what hundreds of Yams lined up to watch last night:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.fLY633trHXk3gBZJbuNXNwD6D6&w=121&h=110&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.1&pid=3.1&rm=2 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+of+surgical+trusses&id=86DFCB52A7AF4774F18D0637BB0F11F3C89AD69B&FORM=IQFRBA)

Honestly, get yer facts right :bitchy:

Pete
03-02-2017, 04:42 PM

What's the problem? Hearts are a big team and so are Liverool.

Hearts are just one of those big teams that's won less major trophies in the last 55 years than their city rivals.

Pete
03-02-2017, 04:50 PM
Deepdale pitch is around 5 meters wider than Tynecastle which makes the Gorgie experience more like watching football being played at Wimbledon Centre Court on a muddy tattie field and with less finery.

That 5m makes a real difference as the stands behind the goals at Deepdale are deceptively big (6000).

Hearts can't extend the pitch lengthwise but they could, in theory, extend the width. It might look a bit lopsided though. What's the problem with their pitch anyway? Are there issues with the size or is it the run-offs? They played a European match there earlier on so I genuinely don't know.

I'm going to go against the grain and say it will look quite smart when it's done. They'll need to make their main stand a bit less cramped than the other ones though. Sitting in the Wheat field was not a pleasant experience.

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2017, 05:06 PM
That 5m makes a real difference as the stands behind the goals at Deepdale are deceptively big (6000).

Hearts can't extend the pitch lengthwise but they could, in theory, extend the width. It might look a bit lopsided though. What's the problem with their pitch anyway? Are there issues with the size or is it the run-offs? They played a European match there earlier on so I genuinely don't know.

I'm going to go against the grain and say it will look quite smart when it's done. They'll need to make their main stand a bit less cramped than the other ones though. Sitting in the Wheat field was not a pleasant experience.

Quite smart !!! ... Quite smart !!!!! ....... Its going to be ...... 'MAGNIFICENT' ....... c'mon, keep up :greengrin

tamig
03-02-2017, 05:26 PM

REPEAT CHORUS ........

REPEAT CHORUS .......

Absolutely superb!

tamig
03-02-2017, 05:46 PM

Based on current UEFA criteria I think their pitch just meets the absolute minimum size requirements. The pitch dimensions are the same as the minimum. The problem they have is that UEFA categorise stadia based on a number of factors - including pitch size. Bottom line is they won't be able to play later rounds of UEFA competitions on it or host internationals.

lapsedhibee
03-02-2017, 06:00 PM
And lose a bit of capacity, so that their overall capacity is lower than ours? Can't see it somehow.

Kato
03-02-2017, 06:18 PM
And lose a bit of capacity, so that their overall capacity is lower than ours? Can't see it somehow.

It will be lower anyway.

lapsedhibee
03-02-2017, 06:21 PM
It will be lower anyway.

Unless the Budgie has a trick up her sleeve. 400,000 people desperate for it to be higher is a fair bit of pressure to come up with something novel.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Already is and it doesn't matter how wide they make it as far as Europe is concerned. Highly amusing. They should have moved to Midlothian.

ACLeith
03-02-2017, 06:38 PM

REPEAT CHORUS ........

REPEAT CHORUS .......
Wonderful.... fantastic .....amazing. I'm going to pass this on if that's OK with you

ACLeith
03-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Already is and it doesn't matter how wide they make it as far as Europe is concerned. Highly amusing. They should have moved to Midlothian.

Robinson has been proven to be right he just didn't do enough to argue his case before trying to force the issue

greenginger
03-02-2017, 06:43 PM
FFS Greenginger ..... how are you going to maintain you're legendary status on Yambo Sickbag with posts like this? Its not a 'girder' its a truss ... here let me help.

This is a girder:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M6ba28aeb69d94535df43515ad584e698o0&w=82&h=109&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.1&pid=3.1&rm=2 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+of+girders&id=61F049960270947677F261C86851EF7803691DF3&FORM=IQFRBA)
This is a truss and what hundreds of Yams lined up to watch last night:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.fLY633trHXk3gBZJbuNXNwD6D6&w=121&h=110&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.1&pid=3.1&rm=2 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+of+surgical+trusses&id=86DFCB52A7AF4774F18D0637BB0F11F3C89AD69B&FORM=IQFRBA)

Honestly, get yer facts right :bitchy:

Lets get things right here. A lot of Yams depend on us after all.

That's not a girder. Its an RSJ ( rolled steel joist )

Here's a girder truss, just to complicate things. :greengrin

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=girder+truss&rlz=1C1RNLE_enGB597GB597&biw=1066&bih=715&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj0zbPk1vTRAhWrK8AKHRQNAaUQsAQIGQ

Bostonhibby
03-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Robinson has been proven to be right he just didn't do enough to argue his case before trying to force the issue
Yep remember it well

greenginger
03-02-2017, 07:13 PM

I thought it was the Pieman who was in charge when the stands were built in the first place.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2017, 07:50 PM
I thought it was the Pieman who was in charge when the stands were built in the first place.
Wasn't it after that when he went from hero to villain by saying they had to spend huge sums of their own money to stay put and actually suggested that if they wanted a decent ground they could pay for (!) they'd have to sell the piggery and move out?

greenginger
03-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Wasn't it after that when he went from hero to villain by saying they had to spend huge sums of their own money to stay put and actually suggested that if they wanted a decent ground they could pay for (!) they'd have to sell the piggery and move out?

I think the deal was to sell the piggery to Cala to pay off the bank debt { about £18 million IIRC ) and move to Murrayfield until the Council could be convinced it was their duty to provide a proper stadium for the City's big team.

ACLeith
03-02-2017, 08:04 PM
I think the deal was to sell the piggery to Cala to pay off the bank debt { about £18 million IIRC ) and move to Murrayfield until the Council could be convinced it was their duty to provide a proper stadium for the City's big team.

Nobody knows how that would have panned out, all I was saying was that he knew they had to leave there as it wasn't fit for purpose. Still isn't - and still won't be in a year's time.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2017, 08:34 PM
So the paying off the debt part would be where the wheels came off for him. Not yam class

tamig
03-02-2017, 10:18 PM

Mercer was still there when the first stands were built.

Pete
04-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Based on current UEFA criteria I think their pitch just meets the absolute minimum size requirements. The pitch dimensions are the same as the minimum. The problem they have is that UEFA categorise stadia based on a number of factors - including pitch size. Bottom line is they won't be able to play later rounds of UEFA competitions on it or host internationals.

It's strange how they can play early European rounds and not later rounds.

I suppose if it is the case and they are lucky enough to get to the latter stages there is always Murrayfield or Easter Road (if we decide to be nice).

Pete
04-02-2017, 01:53 AM

You'd think that with the relatively large area they have to work with they'd be a bit more relaxed when it comes to seating dimensions.

I went over to Kickback earlier to see if I could see some pictures of their new stand and it appears one of my earlier comments regarding this subject really riled them. The fact that it was plucked out of a fairly complimentary post suggests a nerve has been struck.

I'm sorry but it's the truth. Tynecastle was built with very limited space to work with and the route they went down, sacrificing the personal space in order to get more seats in, is totally understandable. I've only ever stood in the Roseburn so I can't comment but the Wheatfield lower is cramped and uncomfortable. There is hardly any legroom and you are shoulder to shoulder with the seats beside you. Getting into pockets is awkward as is walking along to get onto the stairs from your seat...you feel like you're on a tightrope due to the lack of room and I'm not the biggest guy in the world (the guy over there calling me a paedo might be relieved to hear that).

Contrast that to Easter Road where there are no such issues apart from, admittedly, maybe the West Lower (scope to turn this into the new family area?). It's still a lot better than the "bear pit" (lol) Wheatfield.
In every area of our ground there is more legroom, more elbow room and you feel as if you can breathe This is simply because we weren't as limited when it came to space and could afford to have slightly more room for each individual.

The fact that none of them deny it and can only respond with silly name calling speaks volumes. I don't give a ****, I'm being very objective and just calling it as I see it.

GreenLake
04-02-2017, 05:18 AM
Jambos expected a world class stadium with a classy resort and Champions League Football every season. Instead they have a cheap little 3rd world stadium that does not even have a size compliant pitch and a team raked from the buckets of European football.

What has happened is the equivalent of someone moving to LA expecting to stay in a Beverly Hills mansion with lots of servants and TV people following them around. Instead they have to walk up and down the cars at a red light begging for change.

IWasThere2016
04-02-2017, 05:31 AM

REPEAT CHORUS ........

REPEAT CHORUS .......

Genius ma man!

green day
04-02-2017, 07:28 AM
but the Wheatfield lower is cramped and uncomfortable. There is hardly any legroom and you are shoulder to shoulder with the seats beside you. Getting into pockets is awkward as is walking along to get onto the stairs from your seat...you feel like you're on a tightrope due to the lack of room and I'm not the biggest guy in the world

Wheatfield upper is little better. At bonnyrigg game it was horrible. My dad and I had to get a sharp exit, and walking to the end of the row was really difficult (compared to our seats in West upper). It was even worse going down the stairs where my old man really struggled.

Whatever they build in place of the old stand, there is zero debate that the rest of the stadium remains a hole.

As they say on brokeback, "pleasing"

tamig
04-02-2017, 11:26 AM
You'd think that with the relatively large area they have to work with they'd be a bit more relaxed when it comes to seating dimensions.

I went over to Kickback earlier to see if I could see some pictures of their new stand and it appears one of my earlier comments regarding this subject really riled them. The fact that it was plucked out of a fairly complimentary post suggests a nerve has been struck.

I'm sorry but it's the truth. Tynecastle was built with very limited space to work with and the route they went down, sacrificing the personal space in order to get more seats in, is totally understandable. I've only ever stood in the Roseburn so I can't comment but the Wheatfield lower is cramped and uncomfortable. There is hardly any legroom and you are shoulder to shoulder with the seats beside you. Getting into pockets is awkward as is walking along to get onto the stairs from your seat...you feel like you're on a tightrope due to the lack of room and I'm not the biggest guy in the world (the guy over there calling me a paedo might be relieved to hear that).

Contrast that to Easter Road where there are no such issues apart from, admittedly, maybe the West Lower (scope to turn this into the new family area?). It's still a lot better than the "bear pit" (lol) Wheatfield.
In every area of our ground there is more legroom, more elbow room and you feel as if you can breathe This is simply because we weren't as limited when it came to space and could afford to have slightly more room for each individual.

The fact that none of them deny it and can only respond with silly name calling speaks volumes. I don't give a ****, I'm being very objective and just calling it as I see it.

I think we know that they garner most of their non-alternative facts from here. And the truth hurts. If we had seats the same size and installed the same way as that pit we could probably get up to about 25000. They are a bunch of rockets.

1875Sean
04-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Has it been announced an official capacity once th stands been finished? Everywhere I read it's says over 20,000 not I can't see an exact figure which it's strange considering works began

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Will the seats be facing the pitch of looking onto the new hotel?

greenginger
04-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Has it been announced an official capacity once th stands been finished? Everywhere I read it's says over 20,000 not I can't see an exact figure which it's strange considering works began

They will still be deciding how big to make the directors box, space for dug-outs, wheelchair access, and of course seats for hospitality ( these seats will usually take the space of 2 standard seats ).

I'm sure once this is all drawn in the numbers in the new stand will drop significantly.

But, they'll keep it quiet as long as possible in case it causes social unrest in Gorgie. :greengrin

fat freddy
04-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Ive paid very little attention to this thread as Im pleased that they are finally getting rid of the death trap grandstand as i have a few pals who sit in there and its really not a nice place to watch your team. Im glad they'll now be able to watch their team in relative comfort but i dont understand why they regard building a new stand as some kind of victory over the rest of Scottish football. My social media outlets are full of strutting halfwits banging on about this steel truss which has been erected like its some kind of silverware they've won, you'd think they had invented the concept of re building stadiums and they have a super structure like no other which everyone else is envious of..

Its a new stand Jambos! The rest of us have been doing this for the last 20 years. Get over yourselves, its a place to watch football which is fit for purpose, nothing more, nothing less. You have not invented the wheel or discovered how fire works, you have done something which should have been done 20 or 30 years ago. They really are an excitable lot, I cant recall the fanfare as we erected our new stands, it was all just matter of fact and straightforward, we needed to re build, we done it with the minimum of fuss and I have no memory of anyone soiling their pants when a truss was erected... One yam actually admitted to crying when he saw the truss being raised into position..weirdos

greenginger
16-02-2017, 08:22 AM
With the rates revaluations just out I thought I'd check out the city's football stadia.

Easter Road 2017 valuation £ 208,000. with reduced poundage should be a saving for us.

PBS 2017 valuation £ 182,500.

Confirmation of the big team status. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
16-02-2017, 08:49 AM
With the rates revaluations just out I thought I'd check out the city's football stadia.

Easter Road 2017 valuation £ 208,000. with reduced poundage should be a saving for us.

Might just be because it's in the middle of a Gorgie slum :greengrin

southfieldhibby
16-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Jim Spence retweeted a documentary made by a 12 year old hearts fan about the old main stand at tynie, it was pretty good considering the age of the lad.

He interviewed that guy Scott Wilson about what the stand meant to him yadda yadda yadda, and he made the claim it was essential that Hearts build a new stand and that for the prestige and bragging rights it was important that it was making Tynecastle the largest football ground in Edinburgh.

Which I think is standard jambo logic and part of the this new fake news frenzy. ER is 20,422 whereas Tynie is going to be 20,099- including those comedy single seats in both end stands.

I'm seriously not fussed whether tynie is larger than ER, but they do seem to put significant importance on it, even when it's not!

Betty Boop
16-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Ive paid very little attention to this thread as Im pleased that they are finally getting rid of the death trap grandstand as i have a few pals who sit in there and its really not a nice place to watch your team. Im glad they'll now be able to watch their team in relative comfort but i dont understand why they regard building a new stand as some kind of victory over the rest of Scottish football. My social media outlets are full of strutting halfwits banging on about this steel truss which has been erected like its some kind of silverware they've won, you'd think they had invented the concept of re building stadiums and they have a super structure like no other which everyone else is envious of..

Its a new stand Jambos! The rest of us have been doing this for the last 20 years. Get over yourselves, its a place to watch football which is fit for purpose, nothing more, nothing less. You have not invented the wheel or discovered how fire works, you have done something which should have been done 20 or 30 years ago. They really are an excitable lot, I cant recall the fanfare as we erected our new stands, it was all just matter of fact and straightforward, we needed to re build, we done it with the minimum of fuss and I have no memory of anyone soiling their pants when a truss was erected... One yam actually admitted to crying when he saw the truss being raised into position..weirdos

Nah there was plenty of excitement on here when the East Stand was being built.

Is It On....
16-02-2017, 09:15 AM

Maybe they can spend the £25,500 saving on an additional groundsman to help pick up the potatoes from that disgrace that they call a pitch.

Mikey09
16-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Jim Spence retweeted a documentary made by a 12 year old hearts fan about the old main stand at tynie, it was pretty good considering the age of the lad.

He interviewed that guy Scott Wilson about what the stand meant to him yadda yadda yadda, and he made the claim it was essential that Hearts build a new stand and that for the prestige and bragging rights it was important that it was making Tynecastle the largest football ground in Edinburgh.

Which I think is standard jambo logic and part of the this new fake news frenzy. ER is 20,422 whereas Tynie is going to be 20,099- including those comedy single seats in both end stands.

I'm seriously not fussed whether tynie is larger than ER, but they do seem to put significant importance on it, even when it's not!

I watched it too. The young kid did a good job. A wee bit of the history of the main stand, a few more bits and pieces. Then interviews Wilson who starts his pish about having a bigger capacity than Hibs when the new stand is done. The man is a welt. I think the wee lad making the documentary was embarrassed at his playground attempts at having a dig.

Kato
16-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Then interviews Wilson who starts his pish about having a bigger capacity than Hibs when the new stand is done.

It really beggars belief that they think outright lying will like that be swallowed....oh, wait here's some "lonesome" Jambos and the BBC Radio Scotland Sportsound team coming along to prove me wrong.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Nah there was plenty of excitement on here when the East Stand was being built.

Its true, most fans have a huge amount of interest in new developments at their stadiums and we are no different .... the funny thing is that I cant remember the same amount of interest when the other 3 were built, its probably because social media was much more popular by the time the east was redeveloped and many more people were able to discuss it and share pictures etc.

Of course the difference is that we were excited about Easter Road being finished, but at the same time sad to see a terracing go that was for all its faults dear to the heart of Hibs fans. Hertz on the other hand think the demolishing of their death trap stand is a culturally significant event in Scottish history and that the replacement will make the Wongadome Scotland's finest stadium.

The next significant event for them is the piles being rammed in ...... very painful I'm told :greengrin

16-02-2017, 10:55 AM

Their entire world centres around getting 1 up on hibs. Their "big team, wee team" is more than just a bit of wind up banter, its a crippling obsession. They took their club to the brink spending millions they never had simply to fuel their "we are the big team, you are the wee team" fantasy. Odd bunch.

Scott Wilson is an embarrassing fud. Regardless of whether the final capacity is higher than ER, ER will still always be a far classier looking stadium. Regardless of capacity tynecastle is and always will be a grubby, cheap looking, tin can stadium with the atmosphere of a morgue. The seats are all different colours, most faded to pink, the roofs look like bus shelters and its generally just a big dull looking eye sore.

tamig
16-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Their entire world centres around getting 1 up on hibs. Their "big team, wee team" is more than just a bit of wind up banter, its a crippling obsession. They took their club to the brink spending millions they never had simply to fuel their "we are the big team, you are the wee team" fantasy. Odd bunch.

Scott Wilson is an embarrassing fud. Regardless of whether the final capacity is higher than ER, ER will still always be a far classier looking stadium. Regardless of capacity tynecastle is and always will be a grubby, cheap looking, tin can stadium with the atmosphere of a morgue. The seats are all different colours, most faded to pink, the roofs look like bus shelters and its generally just a big dull looking eye sore.

The bottom line is their new capacity will be several hundred lower than ER though. Wilson is a fanny and making things up.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 11:19 AM
The bottom line is their new capacity will be several hundred lower than ER though. Wilson is a fanny and making things up.

That's the weird thing though, he must know that the final capacity will be a few hundred short of ER's ...... its bizarre that he felt compelled to lie about it, it really does show how annoyed they are that we will have a bigger stadium.

I think most Hibbies couldn't have cared less if the Yams has upped their capacity to 23,000 or something and any Yams boasting about it would have been disappointed with our 'who cares' attitude ......... But because the Yams are so obsessed with their big club / wee club rubbish it becomes a handy stick to beat them with, that they handed to us ...... cheers puddle drinkers :aok:

green day
16-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Wilson is a fanny and making things up.

Wilson and Grant Stott were on OTB ahead of the derby at the weekend.

It was quite funny, Stott was being reasonable as always, Wilson was being a tube - even came out with that wee ditty about Rudi having two (cups) - Stott retorted that Lewis had both major cups, Wilson said "diddy cup, diddy cup" like a wee child.

Best and most telling part was when Stuart Cosgrove said to him that Hearts had designed a very good narrative post administration about how their fans had saved the club, FoH money etc which was great - Wilson fell into the trap of preening himself about this, talking up how magic it had been.

Cosgrove then asked if there was any remorse at Hearts about all the people, including Lithuanians, who had lost money while Hearts thrived?

Wilson was totally speechless, then came up with some guff about how it was all Vlads fault, dealt with in Lithuania etc etc.

Stott then cooled it down saying that both clubs were being run well by strong women.

It was actually a brilliant piece of radio, Cosgrove clearly hasn't fallen for the story, its just a pity that it was only that diddy and not Budge he was interviewing.

16-02-2017, 11:39 AM

Bigger or smaller I really couldn't care less, I never have been or never will be envious of their stadium. As I mentioned in my last post, its cheap look, grubby and generally very ugly coloured/looking. The only ones that care about size are hearts fans because they are scrabbling around desperate to cling onto any little thing that will make them feel special and keep 'the big team" delusion going.

It would however be quite amusing though if that after all the smug "hahaha biggest stadium in Edinburgh now" stuff from them, it turned out not to be :greengrin

lapsedhibee
16-02-2017, 11:44 AM
That's the weird thing though, he must know that the final capacity will be a few hundred short of ER's ...... its bizarre that he felt compelled to lie about it, it really does show how annoyed they are that we will have a bigger stadium.

I wonder if by "bigger" they mean "taller". When they dribble on about being a big team, I just think that means their players are tall (as they always have been, at least since Potter first had any say in it).

high bee
16-02-2017, 11:44 AM
I don't think they will ever announce the accurate capacity, they will likely always say 'Over 20,000.'

Either that or they will announce it as 21k but never get more than 20k cause of 'segregation'.

16-02-2017, 11:53 AM

It was quite funny, Stott was being reasonable as always, Wilson was being a tube - even came out with that wee ditty about Rudi having two (cups) - Stott retorted that Lewis had both major cups, Wilson said "diddy cup, diddy cup" like a wee child.

Best and most telling part was when Stuart Cosgrove said to him that Hearts had designed a very good narrative post administration about how their fans had saved the club, FoH money etc which was great - Wilson fell into the trap of preening himself about this, talking up how magic it had been.

Cosgrove then asked if there was any remorse at Hearts about all the people, including Lithuanians, who had lost money while Hearts thrived?

Wilson was totally speechless, then came up with some guff about how it was all Vlads fault, dealt with in Lithuania etc etc.

Stott then cooled it down saying that both clubs were being run well by strong women.

It was actually a brilliant piece of radio, Cosgrove clearly hasn't fallen for the story, its just a pity that it was only that diddy and not Budge he was interviewing.

The "diddy cup" stuff is cringeworthy. Once again hearts trying to belittle something hibs have achieved that they haven't (not for 50 odd years anyway!). The league cup is a "diddy cup" to them only because they have failed for so long to win it. When they made it to the 2013 final it suddenly became a big deal and we were "losers" and "the wee team" for not being there. Additionally, just this season when hibs got knocked out and hearts were still in (only because their game was scheduled for the day after) Neilson came out with "the league cup is a priority this year, we want to win it". Again, suddenly a big deal because they had the chance to do something hibs couldn't. You don't even hear celtic fans spout the same "diddy cup" pish. I'm sure the league cup is well down their priority list but they've still managed to win it. Hearts make out they don't even want or try to win it because they are far too big and mighty.

As for the bumped creditors part, a very inconvinient truth for the jambos. They love playing the "big bad Romanov and co did it, we're the victims but the big hero fans saved the day". No remorse or regard for the real victims in it all. Selfish and shameless. They even put out something on facebook a few months ago bigging up their "journey" and how they "wouldn't change a thing". That just sums them up and basically a big two fingers up to the people who have been robbed. I'm sure the charities, small businesses, public services, football clubs etc would "change a thing" and think better of dealing with such crooks and the disgusting institution that is HMFC.

southfieldhibby
16-02-2017, 11:53 AM

I would very much like to hear that.

seanshow
16-02-2017, 12:00 PM

During the same Otb show, Cowan couldn't understand why the attendance the attendance at Hibs/Bonny was only 12,500, and asked Wilson if the main stand was open, "Yes he replied".
so Cosgrove chipped in " ah so Hibs couldn't sell all their tickets"

In reality the Yams didn't want the biggest crowd in their tinpot stadium to be two years in a row, a game that didn't involve hertz :). ( Hibs v St Jon 2016, Hibs v Bonny 2017)

Col2
16-02-2017, 12:06 PM
They are still raging after 21st May 2016.

Happy to blatantly lie and ignore all the facts and default to Rudi. There cup win 2012 will forever be tainted.

Some yam said to me this week complaining about the Hibs fans constant singing and reference to cup win "Hearts didn't keep celebrating and signing about 2012 into early 2013 like Hibs have" ..

I reminded him that Hearts don't sign songs and that you might have had bigger priorities like paying wages and trying to avoid and insolvency event as a little distraction!

Jack Hackett
16-02-2017, 12:11 PM
During the same Otb show, Cowan couldn't understand why the attendance the attendance at Hibs/Bonny was only 12,500, and asked Wilson if the main stand was open, "Yes he replied".
so Cosgrove chipped in " ah so Hibs couldn't sell all their tickets"

In reality the Yams didn't want the biggest crowd in their tinpot stadium to be two years in a row, a game that didn't involve hertz :). ( Hibs v St Jon 2016, Hibs v Bonny 2017)

Did he not mention that Hertz replay against Raith a few days later...with the stand open...only had just over 10k in attendance?

16-02-2017, 12:12 PM

Happy to blatantly lie and ignore all the facts and default to Rudi. There cup win 2012 will forever be tainted.

Some yam said to me this week complaining about the Hibs fans constant singing and reference to cup win "Hearts didn't keep celebrating and signing about 2012 into early 2013 like Hibs have" ..

I reminded him that Hearts don't sign songs and that you might have had bigger priorities like paying wages and trying to avoid and insolvency event as a little distraction!

Bollocks :faf: Hearts love a good myth to themselves so they do! Did I not read somewhere that they are having a Rudi Skacel appreciation dinner night next month or something.

The more lies they come out with the more I enjoy it because it shows how little they have now.

WhileTheChief..
16-02-2017, 12:18 PM
I listened to OTB as well.

I thought Wilson came across ok. He got the Bonnyrigg Rose thing wrong but his take on Vlad and administration etc was spot on.

The banter between him and Stott was fine. No probs with him calling it the diddy cup or his comment about Rudy winning two cups, it's just banter between football supporters.

Why's everyone on here so touchy about these things??

Geo_1875
16-02-2017, 12:20 PM

I thought Wilson came across ok. He got the Bonnyrigg Rose thing wrong but his take on Vlad and administration etc was spot on.

The banter between him and Stott was fine. No probs with him calling it the diddy cup or his comment about Rudy winning two cups, it's just banter between football supporters.

Why's everyone on here so touchy about these things??

I'd like to know why he was on OTB. He's a stadium announcer and cheerleader for a bunch of thieving tramps. Why are the BBC giving him airtime?

tamig
16-02-2017, 12:22 PM

I usually listen to OTB but missed it as I was at the game.

Big Stotty is usually pretty measured and calm and can throw in some nice subtle digs when necessary. Wilson sounds like your typical head in the sand hertz ersehole. For a man in his 50s you'd think he'd be above some of the infantile wee team/big team pish.

KeithTheHibby
16-02-2017, 12:31 PM
I don't think they will ever announce the accurate capacity, they will likely always say 'Over 20,000.'

Either that or they will announce it as 21k but never get more than 20k cause of 'segregation'.

If the grounds was going to hold more than ER they would have announced it, simple as.

Don't let welts like Scott Wilson get in the way of the truth. The man is a child.

RCNG
16-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Wilson also 'admitted' that he played Sunshine on Leith when we played St Johnstone. I for one have no recolection of that whatsoever.

Geo_1875
16-02-2017, 12:36 PM
If the grounds was going to hold more than ER they would have announced it, simple as.

Don't let welts like Scott Wilson get in the way of the truth. The man is a child.

Don't let his snidey, adenoidal tone fool you. He's not been a child since the 1960's.

16-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Wilson also 'admitted' that he played Sunshine on Leith when we played St Johnstone. I for one have no recolection of that whatsoever.

He absolutely never, he played "i'm on my way" at FT as the players did a lap of honour. Christ this guy has a lying problem.

SuperAllyMcleod
16-02-2017, 12:43 PM

They were knocked out of the 2013 cup by Hibs in December 2012 - no wonder they stopped going on about it!

SuperAllyMcleod
16-02-2017, 12:43 PM

It's on iPlayer or there's a shorter podcast if you can't be bothered with the full 2 hour show.

lapsedhibee
16-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Full show (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08dr5t9)

southfieldhibby
16-02-2017, 01:00 PM
It's on iPlayer or there's a shorter podcast if you can't be bothered with the full 2 hour show.

Full show (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08dr5t9)

muchos gracias

Bostonhibby
16-02-2017, 02:14 PM

I think most Hibbies couldn't have cared less if the Yams has upped their capacity to 23,000 or something and any Yams boasting about it would have been disappointed with our 'who cares' attitude ......... But because the Yams are so obsessed with their big club / wee club rubbish it becomes a handy stick to beat them with, that they handed to us ...... cheers puddle drinkers :aok:
Lying is in their collective DNA.

There's so much in bred thinking that even when something is blatantly untrue or physically impossible regardless they just have to open their mouth and say it's true for the 400,000 to believe it's true (copyright V.Romanov).

It's what got them to where they are today. Worshipping a truss like it's some sort of Messiah. Clinging onto anything that might imply bigness.

Look at your own numbers before you open your gob Scott. Deceiving a child. Yam class is alive and kicking post administration.

Just Alf
16-02-2017, 03:08 PM
I think you guys are all just being mean to our Yam neighbours.....

Its simply that they like to use "alternative truths "

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
16-02-2017, 03:35 PM
If we ever need to we can change the size of our seats to the same size as the ones at Tynecastle and our capacity will rise by about 3000 without a single bit of extra concrete.

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2017, 03:36 PM
I'd like to know why he was on OTB. He's a stadium announcer and cheerleader for a bunch of thieving tramps. Why are the BBC giving him airtime?

They often have guests like that on - the boy that does the PA at Spartans was on a few months back.

SirDavidsNapper
16-02-2017, 03:46 PM
I have no problem with people like the Hearts stadium announcer believing their stadium will be bigger than hours. Let them crack on. Strange people should be left alone.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 04:25 PM
If we ever need to we can change the size of our seats to the same size as the ones at Tynecastle and our capacity will rise by about 3000 without a single bit of extra concrete.

Very true ............. actually, if we replaced the posh seats in section 50 of the FF upper with ordinary seats we would probably add about 20 more seats to the capacity right there. It would be interesting to get an official measurement of the width of the seats at ER and the PBS to find out what their capacity would be if they replaced their kiddie seats with proper adult ones ...... I'm sure somebody on here could do the math :greengrin

greenginger
16-02-2017, 05:23 PM
I've been looking at the comparative capacity of our East and the Wheatfield at the PBS on the dot counting systems.

There are a lot of similarities. Both have 30 rows front to back, and both comprise 7 main sections each with 28 seats/row. Both stands have shorter end sections. Our East has 2 end sections each with 11 seats per row, the Wheatfield has 2 end sections with 6 seats per row.

This is because the pitch, therefor the stand, at the PBS is approx 7 metres shorter than the Easter Road pitch.

It will be similar with their new stand. It will have 10 seats less per row than our West

Bostonhibby
16-02-2017, 05:27 PM
I've been looking at the comparative capacity of our East and the Wheatfield at the PBS on the dot counting systems.

There are a lot of similarities. Both have 30 rows front to back, and both comprise 7 main sections each with 28 seats/row. Both stands have shorter end sections. Our East has 2 end sections each with 11 seats per row, the Wheatfield has 2 end sections with 6 seats per row.

This is because the pitch, therefor the stand, at the PBS is approx 7 metres shorter than the Easter Road pitch.

It will be similar with their new stand. It will have 10 seats less per row than our West
But it will still be bigger?![emoji6]

Alternative truths.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2017, 05:55 PM

I'm pretty sure we have more leg room between the seats in front than they do

jgl07
16-02-2017, 06:04 PM

I have a suspicion that the Wheatfield (and presumably the new stand) also pack in more rows for the same height as Hibs East and West Stands. The Wheatfield appears very cramped compared to Easter Road.

It's not as bad as the old section at Tanadice or for that matter Rugby Park. Both must have been designed for legless midgets.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm pretty sure we have more leg room between the seats in front than they do

Without a doubt .... when John McGinn scored against St Johnstone last season I nearly tipped over into the row in front and I wasn't exactly going mental, its a good few inches shorter I would guess.

scottyc1875
16-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Without a doubt .... when John McGinn scored against St Johnstone last season I nearly tipped over into the row in front and I wasn't exactly going mental, its a good few inches shorter I would guess.

Just had to add this. Always puts a smile on my face. http://youtu.be/maxCFZgcgfM

greenginger
16-02-2017, 06:42 PM
I have a suspicion that the Wheatfield (and presumably the new stand) also pack in more rows for the same height as Hibs East and West Stands. The Wheatfield appears very cramped compared to Easter Road.

It's not as bad as the old section at Tanadice or for that matter Rugby Park. Both must have been designed for legless midgets.

Sorry, I can only count rows and seats/row. Spaces between are unknowable knowns. :greengrin

The Wheatfield has 30 rows same as our East.

WhileTheChief..
16-02-2017, 07:09 PM

It was Scottish cup weekend involving a game between Hibs and Hearts. They had a Hibs fan and a Hearts fan on for some chat.

Do you really need it explaining or are you just bumping your gums cause you hate anyone connected to Hearts?

tamig
16-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Sorry, I can only count rows and seats/row. Spaces between are unknowable knowns. :greengrin

The Wheatfield has 30 rows same as our East.

I don't think it's as high as any of our stands either - so the same number of rows squeezed into a more cramped structure?

Is It On....
16-02-2017, 10:21 PM

The article in the Daily Record seems to imply that we also pay £247,500 for East Mains. Is this correct or am I just reading it wrongly?

greenginger
16-02-2017, 10:36 PM
The article in the Daily Record seems to imply that we also pay £247,500 for East Mains. Is this correct or am I just reading it wrongly?

The 2017 valuation for East Mains training centre is £247,250.

I don't know what the business rate is going to be, but if its 20p in the £ we will pay £49,450 in rates.

That's about half what the Yams pay to use Riccarton .

Is It On....
16-02-2017, 10:44 PM

I don't know what the business rate is going to be, but if its 20p in the £ we will pay £49,450 in rates.

Thanks for clearing that up although given their previous attitude to paying bills maybe it should be "That's about half what the Yams "are invoiced" to use Riccarton".

greenginger
17-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Found the business rates calculator. East Mains Training Centre post code is EH35 5NG

https://www.mygov.scot/business-rates-calculator/?via=http://www.business.scotland.gov.uk/Calculator#results

Our rates bill for having our own training centre is £ 121,647.

Geo_1875
17-02-2017, 09:35 AM
It was Scottish cup weekend involving a game between Hibs and Hearts. They had a Hibs fan and a Hearts fan on for some chat.

Do you really need it explaining or are you just bumping your gums cause you hate anyone connected to Hearts?

Whenever I've listened to OTB guests tend to be former players, former referees, celebrity fans, sports journalists.

Rarely do they have current employees of Scottish football teams on air.

I can't see what facing a stadium announcer up against a hospitality host brings to the show for a neutral. They'd have been better dragging a couple of fans off the street.

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Whenever I've listened to OTB guests tend to be former players, former referees, celebrity fans, sports journalists.

Rarely do they have current employees of Scottish football teams on air.

I can't see what facing a stadium announcer up against a hospitality host brings to the show for a neutral. They'd have been better dragging a couple of fans off the street.

They had the Morton Director of Football on the other week. As I said earlier the Spartans PA guy a while back.

Pretty sure I could spend some time and dig a few more out.

matty_f
17-02-2017, 12:11 PM
They had the Morton Director of Football on the other week. As I said earlier the Spartans PA guy a while back.

Pretty sure I could spend some time and dig a few more out.

They've had authors on before, even the boy that runs the @oldfirmfacts twitter account (which, if you don't follow already is worth a follow, is there just to rip the OF).

I think it was a good show, Wilson didn't do anything wrong other than being a Jambo (and all that comes with it :greengrin )

The BBC's coverage of Scottish Football on the radio is superb, IMHO. Even Open All Mics can be entertaining, and the midweek shows/podcasts are generally good, once you get past the annoying presenter (can't remember his name, asks three questions together "was there one thing that pushed Warburton out, was this coming for a while, did something happen behind the scenes?") and the journalist Richard Wilson who would defend The Rangers if they dropped an atom bomb on a children's hospital...

You don't get coverage of Scottish football as good anywhere else. I listen to another couple of Scottish Football podcasts and they're no more than alright. The Burst Baw is ok, and the Terrace podcast which comes across as juvenile pish, but not good juvenile pish like The Inbetweeners.

jgl07
17-02-2017, 12:32 PM

Or don't pay as the case may be?

southsider
17-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Found the business rates calculator. East Mains Training Centre post code is EH35 5NG

https://www.mygov.scot/business-rates-calculator/?via=http://www.business.scotland.gov.uk/Calculator#results

Our rates bill for having our own training centre is £ 121,647.
They are due £89,790 for the pbs

HFC_NYC
16-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Some yam has posted updated pictures of what the front of the new stand will look like on kickback, and let's just say, they are not a happy bunch. Long gone is the dramatic glazed fascia which will now be replaced with something that looks like a cheap office building from the '70s. Cost cutting at its finest. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

HFC_NYC
16-03-2017, 07:28 PM
This

jgl07
16-03-2017, 07:38 PM
I have no problem with people like the Hearts stadium announcer believing their stadium will be bigger than hours. Let them crack on. Strange people should be left alone.

It will be if you wait long enough!

greenginger
16-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Some yam has posted updated pictures of what the front of the new stand will look like on kickback, and let's just say, they are not a happy bunch. Long gone is the dramatic glazed fascia which will now be replaced with something that looks like a cheap office building from the '70s. Cost cutting at its finest. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

it would be nice if the Yams would actually buy the land from our Council before building their stand on it.

https://www.saa.gov.uk/search/?SEARCHED=1&SEARCH_TABLE=valuation_roll&SEARCH_TERM=mcleod+street+edinburgh#results

No's 13 and 15 Mcleod Street are the addresses . Proprietor still Edinburgh Council.

Bet they're thinking they can just take the land for nowt and nobody will notice. :greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
16-03-2017, 08:34 PM
This

'Tynecastle Park' lol

Gmack7
16-03-2017, 08:52 PM
This

I've been there before, I loved Butlins in Ayr during the 70s

tamig
16-03-2017, 08:58 PM
This

Maroon trees! Now that's clever 😁

Alan62
16-03-2017, 09:06 PM
I do hope it turns out as badly as that artist's impression and that it goes doonhill as quickly as their other 'new' stands have. :wink:

Edinburgh Green
16-03-2017, 09:19 PM
This

Yip, that's the current design, what will be getting built.

Criswell
16-03-2017, 09:43 PM
The "Ann Budget Stand"

green day
16-03-2017, 09:44 PM
This

That's a bus garage.......

GreenLake
17-03-2017, 06:46 AM

Leaves that are described as maroon are often described as brown.

Maroon and brown are kind of like rice and white.

Brown is the color of turds and maroon also.

Fife-Hibee
17-03-2017, 07:06 AM
This

That looks like my old school ( Craigroyston ) wondered where it had disappeared to ! 😂😂😂

Scott Allan Key
17-03-2017, 07:59 AM
That looks like my old school ( Craigroyston ) wondered where it had disappeared to ! 😂😂😂

I thought it looked like a run down neo-Modernist comprehensive school, which will be clapped out in twenty years. Very poor effort. The window cleaner will put them out of business. Or they could rally round and lick them instead.

GreenCastle
17-03-2017, 09:59 AM
This

Considering they are spending a fortune building it the design is horrendous and looks like the old building they knocked down !

Having read their stadium thread on sickback - they aren't happy at all with lack of communication and the guy with inside knowledge who works for the glass company installing it is trying to put a positive spin on it but many realise it's s cheap option.

As many have did before it was a dump before and will still be a dump when rebuilt - thankful for ER being a far superior stadium for facilities and atmosphere.

OxoHibby
17-03-2017, 10:11 AM
I thought it looked like a run down neo-Modernist comprehensive school, which will be clapped out in twenty years. Very poor effort. The window cleaner will put them out of business. Or they could rally round and lick them instead.

Brilliant - made me laugh

Peevemor
17-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Their new stand will probably look fine (for what it is) when it's finished. What gets me is the poor quality of the images produced given the simple and relatively cheap 3D modelling tolls and rendering that are availabe. I have no formal training in 3D stuff but I can produce better than that.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Their new stand will probably look fine (for what it is) when it's finished. What gets me is the poor quality of the images produced given the simple and relatively cheap 3D modelling tolls and rendering that are availabe. I have no formal training in 3D stuff but I can produce better than that.

It's not the tools being used to produce the images that's the problem, it's the tools being employed to use the tools that is the problem :wink:

tamsonsbairn
17-03-2017, 10:37 AM
It's not the tools being used to produce the images that's the problem, it's the tools being employed to use the tools that is the problem :wink:
I'm sure i read somewhere that the inside's of the new stand (dressing rooms,corporate facilities,restaurants, etc) won't be fully finished until august 2018. hence the facilities being built under the wheat field stand. :wink:

Bostonhibby
17-03-2017, 11:08 AM
it would be nice if the Yams would actually buy the land from our Council before building their stand on it.

https://www.saa.gov.uk/search/?SEARCHED=1&SEARCH_TABLE=valuation_roll&SEARCH_TERM=mcleod+street+edinburgh#results

No's 13 and 15 Mcleod Street are the addresses . Proprietor still Edinburgh Council.

Bet they're thinking they can just take the land for nowt and nobody will notice. :greengrin
The hard pressed tax payers of Edinburgh would be grateful I'm sure.

Maybe they could grant everyone else a yam style deferral of payment?

greenginger
17-03-2017, 12:34 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-jamie-walker-will-use-scotland-snub-as-motivation-1-4394187

I see in the piece the new Foundation of Hearts chairman, Stewart Wallace ( the tax partner at PWC ) is begging the Yams to increase the amount of their direct debits.

Project going over budget or has there been a dropping off of the direct debits ?

pontius pilate
17-03-2017, 12:45 PM

When did you go there buddy? I attended between 85-90 always remember Dr Black and Barney rubble.

GGTTH

Pete
17-03-2017, 12:59 PM
I've just tried to read their thread and I have a sore head.

Arguing about beams, glazing and crap like that...WTF? Does it really effing matter?

They are getting a stand that will face the pitch and have lots of seats so people can view the match. Most fans would be happy with that as long as it doesn't look totally out of place.

They should be more worried about their constant bottling when they play us.

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2017, 01:06 PM

Probably deliberate expectation management. After the Romanov version, it's good to do something that is a complete mess so that the real thing will come over as a s****y improvement.

GreenCastle
17-03-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm sure i read somewhere that the inside's of the new stand (dressing rooms,corporate facilities,restaurants, etc) won't be fully finished until august 2018. hence the facilities being built under the wheat field stand. :wink:

According to a poster on the site who seems to be in the know..the timeline is..not sure about the timeline for funding it !!

Demolish existing stand - by end of July

Install steelwork/decking/seats - end of Aug

Handover of new stand/first game - start of Sept.

Team changing facilities - end of Nov

Final completion of all areas - end of Jan 18

So looks like they will have to spend more money on a tunnel in the wheatfield for the temporary changing rooms. Who knows what will happen with dugouts.

Mr White
17-03-2017, 01:32 PM
According to a poster on the site who seems to be in the know..the timeline is..not sure about the timeline for funding it !!

So looks like they will have to spend more money on a tunnel in the wheatfield for the temporary changing rooms. Who knows what will happen with dugouts.

So according to that, approximately 5 weeks between completion of demolition and the first match with punters twirling their scarves in the new stand? Seems unlikely to me.

CallumLaidlaw
17-03-2017, 01:41 PM
They've had authors on before, even the boy that runs the @oldfirmfacts twitter account (which, if you don't follow already is worth a follow, is there just to rip the OF).

I think it was a good show, Wilson didn't do anything wrong other than being a Jambo (and all that comes with it :greengrin )

The BBC's coverage of Scottish Football on the radio is superb, IMHO. Even Open All Mics can be entertaining, and the midweek shows/podcasts are generally good, once you get past the annoying presenter (can't remember his name, asks three questions together "was there one thing that pushed Warburton out, was this coming for a while, did something happen behind the scenes?") and the journalist Richard Wilson who would defend The Rangers if they dropped an atom bomb on a children's hospital...

You don't get coverage of Scottish football as good anywhere else. I listen to another couple of Scottish Football podcasts and they're no more than alright. The Burst Baw is ok, and the Terrace podcast which comes across as juvenile pish, but not good juvenile pish like The Inbetweeners.

When I first started listening to podcasts a few years back, The Terrace was one of the first ones I started listening to. They liked to have a dig at the old firm, and covered all the leagues. Even although most of the guys tended to be Jambos, they were a good listen. Craig Fowler in particular was fairly balanced, and Joel Sked was funny even although he's a (self admittedly) bitter Jambo. But since Rangers have returned to the Premiership, for all their criticism of the BBC, they've done something very Sportscene-esque and now rarely talk about anything other than the 6 premiership games. I do like to listen when they do a feature like "12 best in Scotland", or the time capsule.
I used to really enjoy Monday Night Fitba' so it's a real shame that the guys involved in that don't do it any more, and I also listen to the Burst Baw from time to time, BUT, like you I now find my first listen on a Daily basis is the Sportsound podcast. The weekly guests like Scott McDonald and even Barry Ferguson come across well as does Tam McManus, and I don't mind Tom English or Graham Speirs, although I do cringe through anything Keith Jackson says. They've done some really good pieces recently like the interview with Amanda Kopel, and with Danny Lennon, and also the "team mates" piece they do regularly.

hibsforeurope
17-03-2017, 01:49 PM
So according to that, approximately 5 weeks between completion of demolition and the first match with punters twirling their scarves in the new stand? Seems unlikely to me.

Have they no requested to play the first few games of the season away to allow extra time to complete the stand. I hope this doesn't mean we have to play a bunch of home games at the start of the season and be left with a run of away games towards the end of the season.

SirDavidsNapper
17-03-2017, 01:50 PM

Only big teams have maroon trees outside their ground

Mr White
17-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Have they no requested to play the first few games of the season away to allow extra time to complete the stand. I hope this doesn't mean we have to play a bunch of home games at the start of the season and be left with a run of away games towards the end of the season.

I've no idea. Perhaps they would play a couple of games with a reduced capacity. Either way end of July to start of September seems overly optimistic even with the preparation works already undertaken.

SirDavidsNapper
17-03-2017, 01:57 PM
When are they renovating the other three stands?

Fife-Hibee
17-03-2017, 02:00 PM
When did you go there buddy? I attended between 85-90 always remember Dr Black and Barney rubble.

GGTTH

74-79 mate! :)

Geo_1875
17-03-2017, 02:05 PM

Just take the home games and get points on the board.

I assume they'll be playing their European qualifiers in front of 3 stands.

Barney McGrew
17-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Project going over budget or has there been a dropping off of the direct debits ?

A bit of both I would have thought. Continually being pumped by us can't be helping the continuation of DDs though

We just don't understand. Building a new 7,000 capacity stand in five weeks is how all big teams operate. :cb

GreenCastle
17-03-2017, 02:13 PM
A bit of both I would have thought. Continually being pumped by us can't be helping the continuation of DDs though

We just don't understand. Building a new 7,000 capacity stand in five weeks is how all big teams operate. :cb

Bus shelters don't take that long to put up.

It's a simple structure but seems to be costing them a fortune for a small increase and no future proofing except move away from Tynie.

Again if you read the posts in the kickback thread the basically had to do something or it would never happen so as a result they are getting a rushed job still with the smallest pitch in top flight Scottish football.

Bostonhibby
17-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Just visited family yam. He's a DD canceller and is very unhappy about what he called the amusement park style appearance of the new stand. Very enjoyable afternoon.

pontius pilate
17-03-2017, 03:42 PM
74-79 mate! :)

Good time before me then haha couldn't have been that far after/before strachan you may have even overlapped. I remember they had a mural of him at the old entrance no idea if they done one at the new building though.

GGTTH

Kato
17-03-2017, 03:59 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-jamie-walker-will-use-scotland-snub-as-motivation-1-4394187

I see in the piece the new Foundation of Hearts chairman, Stewart Wallace ( the tax partner at PWC ) is begging the Yams to increase the amount of their direct debits.

Another free advert for FoH, the few times they've even mentioned HSL in that paper its been to slag it off.

Bostonhibby
17-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Another free advert for FoH, the few times they've even mentioned HSL in that paper its been to slag it off.
Real story is that Hibs fan ownership and share issue to fans is happening whilst yams save for shares faithfully but still no shares whilst the cash is diverted to assorted projects that Hibs do as business as usual.

Yam propaganda sheet won't give us any credit here.

Mantis Toboggan
17-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Shouldve built a new stadium somewhere else. Merely plugging the gaps with the new stand. Other 3 still honking, as is pitch.
Im not complaining mind. Rank decision making seems to be on the increase over there and long may it continue.

djs69
17-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Geez a pound [emoji23]

greenginger
17-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Geez a pound [emoji23]

They would get more sitting a blanket with a dug on George Street on a Friday night. :greengrin

RoYO!
17-03-2017, 06:11 PM
I dunno, Corbusier seems to approve...

https://assets.letemps.ch/sites/default/files/media/2016/08/22/file6r12kpcfm87ebyotd3z.jpg

To be fair, he's looking at the vlad era design with the stand able to hold 20k...

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2017, 06:46 PM
This

They really should have moved out to Edinburgh Park.

Billy Whizz
17-03-2017, 06:49 PM
They really should have moved out of Edinburgh.

Edited for you Bob

Www1875hfc
06-04-2017, 07:01 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170406/fe65a6b1936aa7cf5064516a3bd4ce3d.jpg

Niffy
06-04-2017, 07:04 AM
Thought that was Archibold Leith...

SuperAllyMcleod
06-04-2017, 08:02 AM

Jeez, they will be selling commemorative tea towels next - surely the average Yam must be waking up to the fact that their club would do anything to get their money off them?

calumhibee1
06-04-2017, 08:27 AM

Hahaha

Peevemor
06-04-2017, 08:33 AM
"Iconic"? :wtf:

greenginger
06-04-2017, 08:40 AM
The Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund , :confused:

Just another part of Mrs Budge's purse, more money into it , less out of Potter's next world cup stars selection fund.

Green Blood
06-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Once a *****hole always a *****hole! No matter how much they spend, the stadium will always look inferior to Easter Rd, imagine sat in the new stand looking at 3 park and ride bus stops!

With another admin not too distant and the pleasure of a great management team with crap players on expensive contracts, the future is bright!!

Sergey
06-04-2017, 08:50 AM

Just another part of Mrs Budge's purse, more money into it , less out of Potter's next world cup stars selection fund.

That's a new one to me, too. In fact I was so inquisitive that Google came to the rescue. Only two mentions on the whole of the WWW...here's the other:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/details/event.aspx?itemref=1338

Needless to say it's from another begging communique put out by the club.

Skol
06-04-2017, 09:53 AM
When Cathro saw the new strip he was overheard muttering

'If they changed the colour it would be an OK strip.'

NAE NOOKIE
06-04-2017, 10:49 AM

FFS ..... is there a world record for commemorative strips. WW1 commemorative strip, forelock tugging since 1874 commemorative strip, finally demolishing a death trap commemorative strip ..... what's next administration commemorative strip?

Shamelessly ripping off their fans ............ again :faf:

Jack Hackett
06-04-2017, 06:15 PM
FFS ..... is there a world record for commemorative strips. WW1 commemorative strip, forelock tugging since 1874 commemorative strip, finally demolishing a death trap commemorative strip ..... what's next administration commemorative strip?

Shamelessly ripping off their fans ............ again :faf:

Ripping off charities and businesses proved a little troublesome in the past, but Vlad has taught them that the supporters are a decent, no risk alternative

green is good
06-04-2017, 06:36 PM
I'm guessing the commemorative strip will be an old scabby thing that's full of holes.

HoboHarry
06-04-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm guessing the commemorative strip will be an old scabby thing that's full of holes.
Nah - it will be a spitting image of what they have now.......

lord bunberry
06-04-2017, 06:54 PM
And stinking of pish.

monarch
06-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Consisting of 50% polyester/ 50% asbestos.

Jack Hackett
06-04-2017, 09:32 PM

They'll definitely be full of the erse kind

ancient hibee
06-04-2017, 09:33 PM
An away strip commemorating a home ground.That must be a first.Presumably when (if) the stand is completed they will have the chance to buy strips commemorating the new stand.

Glory Lurker
06-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Nobody does cringe like our maroon chums. Big shout out to the Will and Kate mugs, too.

monktonharp
06-04-2017, 10:07 PM

Why's everyone on here so touchy about these things??because 99% on here canny stand him, and ken well that he's a fud. sorry , but I am not sorry

Springbank
07-04-2017, 06:10 AM
Hibs should bring out a commemorative strip for that Archibald Leith stand in the summer, with the embroidery underneath saying

"Hibs were unbeaten in the Scottish Cup for more than 50 years at Tynecastle, including games in BOTH cup runs 2016 & 2017.
#2inarow"

Something actually worth celebrating in other words!

Mr White
07-04-2017, 06:17 AM
Hibs should bring out a commemorative strip for that Archibald Leith stand in the summer, with the embroidery underneath saying

"Hibs were unbeaten in the Scottish Cup for more than 50 years at Tynecastle, including games in BOTH cup runs 2016 & 2017.
#2inarow"

Something actually worth celebrating in other words!

We lost there in the cup v aberdeen in 93 unfortunately.

s.a.m
07-04-2017, 06:37 AM
We lost there in the cup v aberdeen in 93 unfortunately.

I got horrible sunburn queueing for tickets down Sunnyside for that game. Then we got beat. As I remember, Paul Kane was man of the match for them.

bigwheel
07-04-2017, 07:08 AM
I got horrible sunburn queueing for tickets down Sunnyside for that game. Then we got beat. As I remember, Paul Kane was man of the match for them.

Indeed...made their goal if I recall correctly..

Mr White
07-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Indeed...made their goal if I recall correctly..

Aye squared it for scott booth to score.

Kaiser1962
07-04-2017, 07:22 AM

It seems a short time ago when they were describing the stand as having historical architectural value and seeking listed building status.

And now, after saving their ass by robbing a few charities, they cant wait to knock it down.

--------
07-04-2017, 09:48 AM

You've missed out the last stage -

The whole freakin thing falls down about their ears - beginning of Feb 18.

That timetable strongly suggests that several necessary safety inspections may well be absent from the program.

But no doubt this is covered by the local council's new-found 'flexibility' policy in regard to football stadium construction ...

lapsedhibee
09-04-2017, 10:50 AM

Only a matter of time before they bring out a strip commemorating their first commemorative strip.

Dibben
09-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Nothing will beat their current away strip which commemorates the Teletubbies!!!!

Kato
09-04-2017, 10:54 AM
a strip commemorating their first commemorative strip.

I'd get Cathro to do the press announcement for that.