PDA

View Full Version : sir alan called for showdown talks with chairman

shetlandhibee
07-09-2016, 09:56 PM
after 4! games, can see him not given anytime bye there chairman if things dont turn quickly. i wish him all the best:not worth:agree:

3pm
07-09-2016, 09:58 PM
Where you reading that?

Twiglet
07-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Where you reading that?

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/09/07/former-hibs-boss-alan-stubbs-backed-turn-around-rotherhams-fortunes-following-showdown-talks-chairman/

jgl07
07-09-2016, 10:07 PM
after 4! games, can see him not given anytime bye there chairman if things dont turn quickly. i wish him all the best:not worth:agree:

5 games I think.

Spike Mandela
07-09-2016, 10:09 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/09/07/former-hibs-boss-alan-stubbs-backed-turn-around-rotherhams-fortunes-following-showdown-talks-chairman/

That chairman sounds a right dick.

HibsNutter
07-09-2016, 10:13 PM
So ****ing stupid, all this does is heap more pressure on him. They've played five games. Folk have no patience it's horrific.

GreenArmyyy!
07-09-2016, 10:16 PM
Would love nothing more than the gang to succeed dow there and make a really brilliant managerial career but if it's not to be I sincerely hope they get relegated. That is a horrendous way to treat a manager five games in to a job! Chairman sounds like a right clown.

Ryan69
07-09-2016, 10:19 PM
So ****ing stupid, all this does is heap more pressure on him. They've played five games. Folk have no patience it's horrific.

Not many people would also choose Rotherham over Hibs!
Especially as he could of went into the season as a legend....but took the first offer available.
Rotherham are.rubbish....only stupid money in England made him leave.

Problem being.....Nobody else actually wants togo to Rotherham,

He ****ed up..

brianmc
07-09-2016, 10:21 PM
They've had a brutal start to the season. No surprise the chairman isn't happy.
Another 5 games like the first and Stubbs will be out of a job - that's the reality of the "challenge" he ditched us for.

Swedish hibee
07-09-2016, 10:22 PM
The amount of rubbish I've read on their twitter about Stubbs and (of course) Scottish football.. And the personnel stuff about Stubbs is simply shocking.

I love Stubbs and know he'll prove those vile people and nasty chairman wrong.

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2016, 10:22 PM
None of that looks good, if they don't turn it around in the next 5 matches I can see Stubbsy getting the elbow.

lucky
07-09-2016, 10:24 PM
I wish him all the best but its irrelevant to me whether he succeeds or not

jacomo
07-09-2016, 10:36 PM
That chairman sounds a right dick.

:agree:

they did just get skelped by Barnsley. South Yorks rivalry, emotions run high.

This chairman has presumably knows what Stubbs is like. He always starts slowly. He's got a massive job there to keep them up and deserves backing.

shetlandhibee
07-09-2016, 10:38 PM
i know hes just sighned a lot of new players, and they are a small fish in big pond ,but surely a bit more time is needed 4 points from 5 games and hes in the office?

fulshie
07-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Doesn't look great for him but, he should be given more time and I hope he gets it and turns it around.

shetlandhibee
07-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Not many people would also choose Rotherham over Hibs!
Especially as he could of went into the season as a legend....but took the first offer available.
Rotherham are.rubbish....only stupid money in England made him leave.

Problem being.....Nobody else actually wants togo to Rotherham,

He ****ed up..
i wouldnt say he %%%%up just yet , and he will allways be a legend,, where ever he goes . but if things dont work out sooner than later, i certainly think he,ll have regrets. goodluck anyway AS:not worth

monktonharp
07-09-2016, 11:00 PM
best of luck to Alan and his background team. seems that the chairman is a right dick, reminds me of that Bradford chairman a long way back who actually wanted to re-arrange matches to Friday nights, as he was more into cricket. he also had a habit of sacking managers at the drop o' a hat.

Greencore
07-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Good luck to him. No hard feelings he is a Hibernian legend.

Big L
07-09-2016, 11:23 PM
I don't think he will get the time, he needs to start winning ASAP!!

Forza Fred
07-09-2016, 11:56 PM
I think the headline by capital Service news or whatever they call themselves and whatever they are imisleading.

Any quotes I have read from the chairman have basically echoed his support for Stubb's, and pointed out that with a lot of new players it will take time.

Pretty clear also that 'improvement' on last year's position where they JUST avoided relegation, is what is required and if at some stage relegation looks more a probability than a possibility, I would expect the chairman to sack Stubbs.

He has said openly that at the end of the day it's a results based position...and thatapplies to all managers.

I do think that those who suggest moved simply because he was 'lured' by money, are doing him a disservice.

Whether we want to accept it or not, the English Championship IS seen by most neutral observers as several notches up from the league we are in, and although there is no doubt Rotherham are one of the lesser teams in it, to achieve his ambitions he saw this as a stepping stone to loftier jobs......provided that is...he is successful.

If he's not I reckon his managerial career will stall."and unfortunately I think Rotherham are destined for relegation.

lord bunberry
08-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Stubbs will always be remembered for winning us the cup, but the minute he walked out the door to go to Rotherham he became less of a legend in my eyes. I hope he turns it round and goes on to have a good managerial career. I won't lose any sleep over it if he doesn't. Of all the jobs he could've taken, there can't have been many worse than Rotherham.

Mibbes Aye
08-09-2016, 12:44 AM
I think ultimately he will be successful, maybe not with Rotherham if he doesn't get the time.

He's got a good eye for a player and comes across as a good man-manager. He also wants to play good football - that might actually count against him at this stage of his career, where he's really needing to get results on the board. Nevertheless, if you combine those three traits like he does then I think he will do well.

Hibeesmad
08-09-2016, 01:03 AM
With Rotherham having one of the lowest budgets in that league it was always going to be a big challenge but for the chairman to come out publicly with that so early into the season it shows a lack of respect to Stubbs. Wish him all the best but if they do not win any of their next five games I think he could be out of a job

Halifaxhibby
08-09-2016, 01:50 AM
He will always have a special place at easter road...but, as they say......the grass isn't always greener!!!

GlesgaeHibby
08-09-2016, 05:50 AM
With Rotherham having one of the lowest budgets in that league it was always going to be a big challenge but for the chairman to come out publicly with that so early into the season it shows a lack of respect to Stubbs. Wish him all the best but if they do not win any of their next five games I think he could be out of a job

Chairman sounds like a tit. Stubbs is the 3rd Manager to be appointed since Sept 2015. Sums up everything that is wrong with football if a club the size of Rotherham can afford to appoint a manager on a 3 year deal and then talk about sacking him 5 games into the season.

stevie-bee
08-09-2016, 06:09 AM
Stubb down quite well here won the sc, never got us up
Left when the 1 st team came in for him ,forced a move to speak to them, since then we have a better manager in ,

Salt N Sauzee
08-09-2016, 06:19 AM
Wish him all the best and all that but had a bad feeling he'd get found out in a bigger league down south. Hope it works out for him.

offshorehibby
08-09-2016, 06:49 AM
I hope he turns it round. They are 5 games in only 1 win of 15th position, far to early to be judging.

The Spaceman
08-09-2016, 07:07 AM
Really hope Stubbsy turns it round and genuinely wish him the very best wherever he goes. I don't get why some people don't want the guy to succeed, at the end of the day he instantly turned our club around after being in complete free-fall and gave us the Scottish Cup after constructing a fabulous team.

We are in a better place now with Lennon, but we have Stubbs to thank for that.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2016, 07:08 AM
This is the chairman who appointed Steve Evans, enough said.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
08-09-2016, 07:15 AM
With hindsight a bad move for Stubsy and his team. I was surprised at the time when he took that job and kmew it would be difficult. Looks like he's under immense pressure already! Between him one Owen Coyle for 1st championship manager to get the boot!

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Stubbs was whoring himself all over the place down here before he did leave, he then took the first team to offer him a job.

Not the best move he's ever made, and will be out of a job by xmas.

MB62
08-09-2016, 07:35 AM
There were plenty people on here questioning his managerial abilities during the course of the 2nd part last season in particular. He won us the Holy Grail and will go down in the history books because of it.
I liked the man a lot and he will be remembered as the Scottish Cup winning manager. However, he has chose to ply his trade elsewhere and whilst I hope it works out for him, he's gone now, and focus is on the new Hibs manager and team.

JDHibs
08-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Im not surprised.

Stubbs has one of the biggest budgets in the league in his 2 seasons and didnt look convincing.

He left to go to a team with possibly the smallest budget (bar 1 or 2) in their respective division, I know he called it a challenge but **** me.

For me, he knew he had failed in the league with us and he knew the cup win over shadowed that, so he jumped ship as soon as he could. I didnt have a problem with him staying, but i also wasnt upset to see him leave.

Will always be a legend in my eyes for what he done, but he commited a massive mistake picking Rotherham over us.

MB62
08-09-2016, 08:08 AM
Im not surprised.

Stubbs has one of the biggest budgets in the league in his 2 seasons and didnt look convincing.

He left to go to a team with possibly the smallest budget (bar 1 or 2) in their respective division, I know he called it a challenge but **** me.

For me, he knew he had failed in the league with us and he knew the cup win over shadowed that, so he jumped ship as soon as he could. I didnt have a problem with him staying, but i also wasnt upset to see him leave.

Will always be a legend in my eyes for what he done, but he commited a massive mistake picking Rotherham over us.

:agree:

CRAZYHIBBY
08-09-2016, 09:05 AM
He's a legend for winning the cup but a bell end for going to Rotherham.....i think he was right to leave but surely he could have picked a better club to go to....i hope he does well but im glad we have lennon

SRHibs
08-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Stubbs is an absolute legend, END OF. It is a bit ***** that we never got promoted, however he was a little bit unlucky if we are being honest. We dominated the Falkirk game, and the RC cup final too. With a little bit of luck on his side he could've made himself THE definitive Hibs legend.

cleanyman
08-09-2016, 11:07 AM
He got us to two cup finals.

Unforgettable memories in his two seasons in charge. What a rollercoaster.

I think everyone at the time said Rotherham was a daft move. Not only is it a dump but you have a league 1 team punching above its weight in the championship. Tough job.

Carheenlea
08-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Whatever he goes on to do in the game he will always be associated to Hibs courtesy of that memorable cup win. Can only wish him luck.

superfurryhibby
08-09-2016, 11:57 AM
You may wish to consider this post and delete it. Those are scurrilous allegations.

(edit, quoted post removed).

ihibs7
08-09-2016, 12:00 PM
I think enough said probably nails the reasons for Stubbs difficulties in so much as his unplanned exit didn't leave him much time to plan for this season. Still a legend, and good luck to him, given time he will come good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough said
08-09-2016, 12:02 PM
You may wish to consider this post and delete it. Those are scurrilous allegations. unfortunelty true so on my part I won't be deleting anything!! Common knowledge for months.

Kojock
08-09-2016, 12:06 PM
unfortunelty true so on my part I won't be deleting anything!! Common knowledge for months.

Even his wife, his employers and staff knew about it.

The_Horde
08-09-2016, 12:10 PM
For the last 5/6 games of the season Stubbs was a different person. No longer the happy, excited manager he was and he was more subdued and less interested IMO.

Enough said
08-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Even his wife, his employers and staff knew about it.

Spot on

matty_f
08-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Unless anyone can back up allegations, we've no room for them on here. Please think carefully about what is posted.

Mango Man
08-09-2016, 12:21 PM
For the last 5/6 games of the season Stubbs was a different person. No longer the happy, excited manager he was and he was more subdued and less interested IMO.

I noticed that as well, even after the SC win, he looked a bit p***ed off, I know the pitch invasion annoyed him, but he barely raised a smile, after what was the best day in our history.

I think he probably left at the right time, tbh.

Keyser Sauzee
08-09-2016, 03:05 PM
This is the chairman who appointed Steve Evans, enough said.

You mean the Steve Evans who got them promoted back to back and kept them in the Championship?? :confused: :confused:

I don't think he's a great manager but you can't knock his record at Rotherham, it was a great appointment by the Chairman.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2016, 03:27 PM
You mean the Steve Evans who got them promoted back to back and kept them in the Championship?? :confused: :confused:

I don't think he's a great manager but you can't knock his record at Rotherham, it was a great appointment by the Chairman.
It was the individual rather than what he's achieved that I was getting at.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-09-2016, 07:31 PM
I would guess that the Rotherham chairman could not care less about what Stubbs did with us. If he gets hooked soon the same lines will come out about knee-jerk reactions and ridiculously high expectations and then that will die down and another body will take the job under the same conditions.

Iggy Pope
08-09-2016, 08:09 PM

Boston Hibby, if he comes from Boston, will know exactly the sort of smear Steve Evans is and that he took a club down with him without anything to do with football. Absolute ****bag.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Boston Hibby, if he comes from Boston, will know exactly the sort of smear Steve Evans is and that he took a club down with him without anything to do with football. Absolute ****bag.
Yep, take a wee look at the tax fraud case and it's effect on Boston utd, for example.

MyJo
08-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I've said from the start that i dont think Stubbs will see out the season with Rotherham and from the sounds of it he might be lucky to see out the rest of the year.

While i'm grateful for what he done while our manager im afraid he made his bed by jumping at the first offer from down south and now he has to lie in it.

good luck to him, he's going to need it.

RedHibby
08-09-2016, 08:29 PM
I said when he moved he would not see Christmas. Not because of his ability but because Rotherham UTD are always going to be fighting relegation in that division.

Keyser Sauzee
08-09-2016, 08:32 PM

Yep, take a wee look at the tax fraud case and it's effect on Boston utd, for example.

Fair do's, I didn't realise that he was involved in any wrong doings at previous clubs. In purely footballing terms on the park, the Rotherham chairman got the Evans appointment spot on.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Fair do's, I didn't realise that he was involved in any wrong doings at previous clubs. In purely footballing terms on the park, the Rotherham chairman got the Evans appointment spot on.
No worries[emoji106] not many people know much about Boston! Team built on a funding model similar to the now defunct Glasgow rangers and post administration yams.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5412612.stm

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-09-2016, 09:16 PM
There were threads on here over the 2nd half of the season, more prominently after the Falkirk game wanting Stubbsy out. So I find all this chat that he "chose" Rotherham over hibs a bit strange.

Ultimately he failed in what was his main objective - promotion. However he did manage to secure something that the nest managers in our history failed to so far that reason he went with my blessing.

I always felt Stubbsy knew some o the crowd had turned on him and with football the cut throat business it is (1 week you're a hero - the next people are calling for the sack) he done the right thing in my opinion. Without the work he carried out, I highly doubt we'd ever have been able to entice a manager, a winner such as Neil Lennon.

Stubbsy holds a special place in my heart and gave me back a feeling that's been missing following hibs for a good few years previously. Hope it works out for him as he seems a genuinely nice snd humble man

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 09:21 PM
He will always have a special place at easter road...but, as they say......the grass isn't always greener!!!cant get any greener than Hibernian fc, the original greens, green when we started, green now, and green forever . :flag: :greengrin

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Stubbs was whoring himself all over the place down here before he did leave, he then took the first team to offer him a job.

Not the best move he's ever made, and will be out of a job by xmas.bet you are hoping for that

gillythehibby
08-09-2016, 09:26 PM
I suspect this may end up bad for Stubbs. The chairman sounds a right dick and mouthy with it. Could be a wake up call for Stubbs. Hope not. Hopefully he can turn it around 👍

ihibs7
08-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Who is the physio at rovram?

keep the faith
08-09-2016, 09:48 PM

Classy

keep the faith
08-09-2016, 09:50 PM
I noticed that as well, even after the SC win, he looked a bit p***ed off, I know the pitch invasion annoyed him, but he barely raised a smile, after what was the best day in our history.

I think he probably left at the right time, tbh.

He could hardly speak in his cup final interview and was close to tears several times.
No way he was peed off. The guy was overwhelmed.

Thank you Stubbsy.

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Stubbs is an absolute legend, END OF. It is a bit ***** that we never got promoted, however he was a little bit unlucky if we are being honest. We dominated the Falkirk game, and the RC cup final too. With a little bit of luck on his side he could've made himself THE definitive Hibs legend.f/kin absolutely, and some on here need to have a look at themselves for downrating his performance as a Hibs manager. He was here, for exactly 100 games and at the end of that tenure he got us the Holy Grail , he had us at Tynecastle for a semi which we won, he had us at Hampden at a semi (twice ?) and he was manager when we pumped the gorgie mob oot the cup a couple of times? or at least when we got the replay. ! he then had us at Hampden for a League cup final after beating 3 teams in a league above us to get there.Be perfectly honest, we should have won that day. He got us to Hampden, for the SC semi, then the final then the best ever day in most Hibs fans' life followed by the second best day (Sunday) then the 3rd best day (Monday) we were also cheated out of the most blatant, fully televised penalty ever seen, against Falkirk , an event that was followed 30 seconds later with a defender tripping one of our players also in the box. things like that stopped us being promoted. Aye, when you analyze it , it was better that he left, as he could never get us up:rolleyes: was it his fault that our team collectively had a worst drop in form over about 6 games, that I can remember? was it his fault that our team lost 3 breakaways by Morton, on a wet Tuesday, late in the match with virtually nae time to recover? aye, thank Christ he's away :dummytit:

mca
08-09-2016, 09:56 PM

That was about the time i was told that he had signed for rotherham.... But He Won Us The CUP !!! :hibees

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 09:58 PM
He could hardly speak in his cup final interview and was close to tears several times.

Thank you Stubbsy.:agree: in a nutshell

J-C
08-09-2016, 09:58 PM
f/kin absolutely, and some on here need to have a look at themselves for downrating his performance as a Hibs manager. He was here, for exactly 100 games and at the end of that tenure he got us the Holy Grail , he had us at Tynecastle for a semi which we won, he had us at Hampden at a semi (twice ?) and he was manager when we pumped the gorgie mob oot the cup a couple of times? or at least when we got the replay. ! he then had us at Hampden for a League cup final after beating 3 teams in a league above us to get there.Be perfectly honest, we should have won that day. He got us to Hampden, for the SC semi, then the final then the best ever day in most Hibs fans' life followed by the second best day (Sunday) then the 3rd best day (Monday) we were also cheated out of the most blatant, fully televised penalty ever seen, against Falkirk , an event that was followed 30 seconds later with a defender tripping one of our players also in the box. things like that stopped us being promoted. Aye, when you analyze it , it was better that he left, as he could never get us up:rolleyes: was it his fault that our team collectively had a worst drop in form over about 6 games, that I can remember? was it his fault that our team lost 3 breakaways by Morton, on a wet Tuesday, late in the match with virtually nae time to recover? aye, thank Christ he's away :dummytit:

Yet with all that he still struggled to beat Morton, Raith, Dumbarton etc on a regular basis.

We all thank him for laying the foundations of a really good squad and delivering the Cup that will live in our memories but he failed in the main thing he was appointed to do, get us promoted.

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 10:01 PM
That was about the time i was told that he had signed for rotherham.... But He Won Us The CUP !!! :hibeesyou always get it first, down Devon way. heard it till the cows came home eh?

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 10:08 PM
Yet with all that he still struggled to beat Morton, Raith, Dumbarton etc on a regular basis.

We all thank him for laying the foundations of a really good squad and delivering the Cup will live in our memories but he failed in the main thing he was appointed to do, get us promoted.holy Christ oan a bike. right Alan, here's the script. get us promotion, and nane o' ter pish aboot winnin' Scottish cups an' aw that. as previously posted, how can he be blamed for the Morton game? how can he be blamed for the ref's decisions at the Falkirk game? tell me if you expected us to win the league last season, and , was he no use, if we did not win it? should we have won it the previous season?

J-C
08-09-2016, 10:19 PM
holy Christ oan a bike. right Alan, here's the script. get us promotion, and nane o' ter pish aboot winnin' Scottish cups an' aw that. as previously posted, how can he be blamed for the Morton game? how can he be blamed for the ref's decisions at the Falkirk game? tell me if you expected us to win the league last season, and , was he no use, if we did not win it? should we have won it the previous season?

We should've beaten Rangers the previous season and played in the play off final and we should've been challenging Rangers last season too. Ref mistakes or not we should not be getting bet 5-4 over 2 games by Falkirk, similar mistakes were made over 2 seasons and we should now be playing in the league above, that was his remit when he took over.

As I said I thank him for that wonderful cup win but ultimately promotion was and still is our main aim.

monktonharp
08-09-2016, 10:27 PM
We should've beaten Rangers the previous season and played in the play off final and we should've been challenging Rangers last season too. Ref mistakes or not we should not be getting bet 5-4 over 2 games by Falkirk, similar mistakes were made over 2 seasons and we should now be playing in the league above, that was his remit when he took over.

As I said I thank him for that wonderful cup win but ultimately promotion was and still is our main aim.ok , points taken but if it means another year in this quirky wee league of ours, and another Sottish cup win, I think I will take that

BroxburnHibee
08-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Any kind of poorish start would have seen the knives out pretty quickly if he had stayed.

That's why I was pleased he left on a high.

Swedish hibee
08-09-2016, 10:35 PM
What a lot of nonsense this thread has become.
I seen some of the best football I've seen in my Hibs supporting life under Stubbs and I will love him forever.

Dunbar Hibee
08-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Some people have short memories.

Love you always Stubbsy. LEGEND.

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2016, 06:18 AM
bet you are hoping for that

Why would you think that? I know a little more about what he was doing than you really think, he tried to get into at least two clubs that i know of in the north west of England BEFORE the cup final.

Add in the subject we can't talk about, and it's safe to say he couldn't wait to get himself out the door, and was never staying at Hibs any longer.

I think we have a better manager now, i think stubbs picked the wrong team to go to, but i would kiss his feet for bringing the cup to Hibs.

Admin edit- can we drop the personal abuse please. Ta.

ACLeith
09-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Compare the state of the club on day one when Stubbs walked in and when Lennon did. The change was due almost entirely to our CEO, Stubbs and his management team.

Our problem was that we struggled to break down teams who parked the bus, we were fine up to the final third, but we lacked the guile, pace and width to match the rest of our play. Maybe it would have been different if Farid had kept fit, but there was no Plan B.

Of the 18 players on 21st May, I think 14 were brought in by Stubbs, some of whom are the cornerstone of this year's team.

NL has built on the foundations that were laid, but his task has been easier than it was 2 years ago. I thought that the speed we recruited him meant that it was known inside the club what was going to happen. And no, I am in no way ITK, just surmising as an outsider.

So, regardless of the reasons for Stubbs leaving, when they write the new book to celebrate our 150 years in 2025 the chapter on 21st May will all be positive and won't dwell on what might have been achieved in Stubbs first managerial appointment.

Mango Man
09-09-2016, 10:07 AM

Thank you Stubbsy.

I seem to recall the first thing he said in the interview was something along the lines of, he just wished all the fans would get back to their seats, and even as he was making his way down the stairs after lifting the trophy, he barely raised a smile, I'm sure he was delighted and overwhelmed, but it did feel to me that something was up with him. I'm probably looking to much in to it.

I loved the guy, he is responsible for me getting back along to Easter Road on a more regular basis, he did a grand job, still think it was the right time for him to go.

we are hibs
09-09-2016, 10:24 AM
I really couldn't give 10 *****s that we didn't go up. We won the Scottish cup. The only thing in my life I wanted hibs to do. He delivered it and for that he is a legend no matter what. People on here are clearly bitter he decided to move to Rotherham. He wanted to move closer to his family, he will be getting paid a higher wage and will be working in a better league. Anyone who says they'd turn that down is lying. As for this myth that he jumped at the first offer; utter nonsense. Rotherham came in for him during November last season and he chose to stay.

northstandhibby
09-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Any kind of poorish start would have seen the knives out pretty quickly if he had stayed.

That's why I was pleased he left on a high.

:top marks

He most certainly did. Best day of my Hibernian supporting life seeing the Hi bees lift the cup, just wish others who are no longer with us could have been there to see it. Thank you Mr Stubbs for being the manager who finally lifted the hoodoo. Hope you go on to achieve further success in the game if not with Rotherham, another club. Forever a legend.

Stevie Reid
09-09-2016, 10:40 AM
The quality of football, and the nerve, determination and togetherness we showed to win the cup that day, especially after going behind (and in the wake of losing both the LC final and play off semi in the last minute) didn't come from nowhere - every player to a man was superb in that match, and I've never seen a better display from a Hibs team in an underdog situation.

I couldn't give a toss if Stubbs was engineering moves elsewhere - incredibly more than a few folk on here couldn't wait to stick the boot in the moment he left (despite what he had just helped us achieve), and there would be no sentiment from those who would inevitably be calling for him to be sacked had he stayed, and started this season poorly. He is, and always will be a legend, and played a huge part in the best day of my life.

I wish him nothing but the best.

Stevie Reid
09-09-2016, 10:42 AM

As I said I thank him for that wonderful cup win but ultimately promotion was and still is our main aim.

I'd have taken three years in the Championship for that cup win any day of the week. Football is about glory - there's no glory in getting back into the SPL; there's plenty in winning the SC like we did.

Andy74
09-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Some people have short memories.

Love you always Stubbsy. LEGEND.

Don't you mean long memories? The short memories are the cup final, longer back gets you to the league failures. :wink:

JimBHibees
09-09-2016, 11:34 AM
The quality of football, and the nerve, determination and togetherness we showed to win the cup that day, especially after going behind (and in the wake of losing both the LC final and play off semi in the last minute) didn't come from nowhere - every player to a man was superb in that match, and I've never seen a better display from a Hibs team in an underdog situation.

I couldn't give a toss if Stubbs was engineering moves elsewhere - incredibly more than a few folk on here couldn't wait to stick the boot in the moment he left (despite what he had just helped us achieve), and there would be no sentiment from those who would inevitably be calling for him to be sacked had he stayed, and started this season poorly. He is, and always will be a legend, and played a huge part in the best day of my life.

I wish him nothing but the best.

Thats exactly where I am at. If we had got up it would have been forgotten in a couple of weeks to have won the Scottish cup when a lower league team at this club will never be forgotten. Wish him all the best. :hibees

Enough said
09-09-2016, 11:35 AM
What a lot of nonsense this thread has become.
I seen some of the best football I've seen in my Hibs supporting life under Stubbs and I will love him forever.
Would you still be saying that if we hadn't won the Scottish and we're still in the championship after this season???

Craig_HFC
09-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Would you still be saying that if we hadn't won the Scottish and we're still in the championship after this season???

Wtf are you on about. Completely irrelevant and pointless post.

We did win the Cup so I've got no idea what point you're trying to make.

Stubbs is a Hibernian legend, always will be.

Enough said
09-09-2016, 11:49 AM
Wtf are you on about. Completely irrelevant and pointless post.

We did win the Cup so I've got no idea what point you're trying to make.

Stubbs is a Hibernian legend, always will be. point am making is the gentleman stated that under Stubbs was the best football he has seen us playing. I was merely asking if he would of accepted that if we hadn't won the cup or gone up this year under Stubbs. Not a hard question to answer is it?

Lago
09-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Why would you think that? I know a little more about what he was doing than you really think, he tried to get into at least two clubs that i know of in the north west of England BEFORE the cup final.

Add in the subject we can't talk about, and it's safe to say he couldn't wait to get himself out the door, and was never staying at Hibs any longer.

I think we have a better manager now, i think stubbs picked the wrong team to go to, but i would kiss his feet for bringing the cup to Hibs.

Admin edit- can we drop the personal abuse please. Ta.
I'm led to believe that he was TOLD he would be leaving ER by the Hibs management before the cup final, not asked, told.

Swedish hibee
09-09-2016, 12:09 PM
point am making is the gentleman stated that under Stubbs was the best football he has seen us playing. I was merely asking if he would of accepted that if we hadn't won the cup or gone up this year under Stubbs. Not a hard question to answer is it?

But we did win the cup. I did see some of the best football I've ever seen hibs ever play. And I'm not a gentleman either.

hibs0666
09-09-2016, 12:10 PM

Lol

Thecat23
09-09-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm led to believe that he was TOLD he would be leaving ER by the Hibs management before the cup final, not asked, told.

Correct.

Stubbs was actively looking for another job because he was told this was the end for him before the final.

Mans a legend, and I can safely add the word.. FACT to that. 😁👍🏼

hughio
09-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Correct.

Stubbs was actively looking for another job because he was told this was the end for him before the final.

REALLY?:confused:

Ozyhibby
09-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Correct.

Mans a legend, and I can safely add the word.. FACT to that. [emoji16][emoji1360]

Correctly IMO. Last seasons league campaign was a disgrace.

lord bunberry
09-09-2016, 12:39 PM
But we did win the cup. I did see some of the best football I've ever seen hibs ever play. And I'm not a gentleman either.
Alright love, no need to go on about it :wink: :greengrin

jeffers
09-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Correct.

Like Blackpoolhibs I'd also heard he was touting himself for jobs down south months before the final. Interesting that you heard he was told himself it was the end for him before the final Freddie. Was there a change of heart at Hibs end after the final because LD made it sound like we wanted him to stay when Rotherham came in for him ?

Fwiw I thank him for my best ever day as a Hibs fan, but I'm glad he's away.

Stevie Reid
09-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Like Blackpoolhibs I'd also heard he was touting himself for jobs down south months before the final. Interesting that you heard he was told himself it was the end for him before the final Freddie. Was there a change of heart at Hibs end after the final because LD made it sound like we wanted him to stay when Rotherham came in for him ?

We wouldn't have been in a very strong negotiating position, compensation-wise, had we made out that we weren't. Plus, the club would have come over terribly had we been seen as really keen to jettison the manager who had just achieved what he had.

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately Stubbs's stint with Rotherham will probably end up the same it would have ended here eventually.

jeffers
09-09-2016, 01:12 PM
We wouldn't have been in a very strong negotiating position, compensation-wise, had we made out that we weren't. Plus, the club would have come over terribly had we been seen as really keen to jettison the manager who had just achieved what he had.

I get what you are saying, just questioning if there had been a change of heart after the cup win, or whether we still wanted shot of him.

Dunbar Hibee
09-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Correct.

Mans a legend, and I can safely add the word.. FACT to that. ������

That's an extremely strange choice from Hibs to do that before one of our biggest games in history..

Stevie Reid
09-09-2016, 01:23 PM
I get what you are saying, just questioning if there had been a change of heart after the cup win, or whether we still wanted shot of him.

I appreciate that man - I'm only just responding to that one bit, I have no idea if what has been speculated is true :aok:

jeffers
09-09-2016, 01:27 PM
I appreciate that man - I'm only just responding to that one bit, I have no idea if what has been speculated is true :aok:

No worries, was more Freddie I was hoping would answer :greengrin

Stevie Reid
09-09-2016, 01:39 PM
No worries, was more Freddie I was hoping would answer :greengrin

Haha, I did totally butt in, likes - apologies :greengrin

Baker9
09-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Correct.

That makes sense from Leanne's point of view. He was expected to get us promoted and didn't - he had to go. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Lennon was approached much sooner than thought. Great management by Leanne and she protected his reputation by never even hinting that he had to go. I like Stubbs and his delivery of the Cup makes him a true legend. I wish him all the luck in the world but Leanne with Lennon makes us stronger.

jeffers
09-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Haha, I did totally butt in, likes - apologies :greengrin

I didn't see it that way at all, no need to apologise.

Ergye
09-09-2016, 01:53 PM

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Chuckie1977/cheswick_zpsk4czrjmj.jpg (http://s396.photobucket.com/user/Chuckie1977/media/cheswick_zpsk4czrjmj.jpg.html)

Baader
09-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Another English club with serious delusions of grandeur. No doubt the chairman thinks they should be Premier League mainstays.

Some clubs, moreover owners, are in dire need of a reality check.

Stevie Reid
09-09-2016, 02:09 PM
I didn't see it that way at all, no need to apologise.

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2016, 02:28 PM

I wonder if Dempster did not like the way he was conducting himself behind the scenes, as i said he actively pursued two jobs that i know about but was not successful at both, and both before the cup final?

Imagine if i'd said anything then, imagine the stick i'd have taken when it should have been him getting it?

Rotherham came in and he jumped at the job, surely not a job he'd have chosen given his stock had risen after the cup final?

What you say about him being told he was out the door makes sense, and why he took that job rather than waiting until a better one became available.

J-C
09-09-2016, 02:37 PM
I think there's a few on here that think the posters who thought it was right Stubbs left, also think we didn't appreciate what he did whilst here. He took over a shambles and for me I didn't expect promotion in year 1, we were all over the place and stability was more important. Last season was fully his team, they were settled and playing good football but he still had traits from the season before and that was breaking down 10 men defences, our bad run which he couldn't stop but he managed to get us to the 2 cup finals against some good teams.

We all thank him for what he achieved by winning the holy grail but ultimately we didn't gain promotion, infact we failed again to even get to that final, plus there was external matters going on which made his job untenable.

Rotherham made an inquiry in November and Stubbs jump at the chance knowing they were still intersted, unfortunately it's the wrong club for his ambitions.

Thecat23
09-09-2016, 02:41 PM
REALLY?:confused:

Yeah really. Unless there was another manager who led us to the SC that I've missed??

Thecat23
09-09-2016, 02:45 PM

I think most of us know what was going on and a lot of behind the scenes stuff that will remain there made it almost impossible for Stubbs to stay another year!

He then started looking for other posts for when he finally left Hibs. Unlike BH I hadn't heard he was wanting to leave before the final I was under the impression no matter what Stubbs wasn't leaving until after. Not to say BH info isn't correct it may well have been the case I just hadn't heard that part.

Waxy
09-09-2016, 04:59 PM
2016.There's one of the best Hibs books in there. I'd call it simply 2016.

JimBHibees
09-09-2016, 05:26 PM
I think there's a few on here that think the posters who thought it was right Stubbs left, also think we didn't appreciate what he did whilst here. He took over a shambles and for me I didn't expect promotion in year 1, we were all over the place and stability was more important. Last season was fully his team, they were settled and playing good football but he still had traits from the season before and that was breaking down 10 men defences, our bad run which he couldn't stop but he managed to get us to the 2 cup finals against some good teams.

We all thank him for what he achieved by winning the holy grail but ultimately we didn't gain promotion, infact we failed again to even get to that final, plus there was external matters going on which made his job untenable.

Rotherham made an inquiry in November and Stubbs jump at the chance knowing they were still intersted, unfortunately it's the wrong club for his ambitions.

what do you mean?

Lago
09-09-2016, 06:36 PM
I think most of us know what was going on and a lot of behind the scenes stuff that will remain there made it almost impossible for Stubbs to stay another year!

He then started looking for other posts for when he finally left Hibs. Unlike BH I hadn't heard he was wanting to leave before the final I was under the impression no matter what Stubbs wasn't leaving until after. Not to say BH info isn't correct it may well have been the case I just hadn't heard that part.
He was told he was leaving by Hibs management before the final, irrespective of the result, no ifs buts or maybes.

ancient hibee
09-09-2016, 06:40 PM
It's amazing that we have so many posters who have the most intimate knowledge of what goes on in the innermost workings of our club.Forgive me if I take it all with a large pinch of salt.Signing Liam Henderson anybody?

Winston Ingram
09-09-2016, 07:20 PM

This

jingler1954
09-09-2016, 08:06 PM
I asked a member of staff at east mains in April if he thought we would have Alan Stubbs for the forseeable future . His answer was if we go up he will be gone. If we dont go up he will be gone. I said I take it he is going then. I just got a look. I thought he was winding me up but apparently it was comon knowledge.

heidtheba
09-09-2016, 08:14 PM

Sorry to be thick (or have missed this in the thread completely) but what did you mean by this bit?
Thanks in advance

Iggy Pope
09-09-2016, 08:31 PM
It's amazing that we have so many posters who have the most intimate knowledge of what goes on in the innermost workings of our club.Forgive me if I take it all with a large pinch of salt.Signing Liam Henderson anybody?

And this.
I work beside an interminable roaster (not poster) who quotes this site word for word, without ever acknowledging the credit. Make stuff up, it's on here, before long .......common knowledge.
I immediately ask him to show me his stripes and promptly tell him to **** himself.

Doubting very much there are any posting on this thread lucky enough to have spoken to Alan Stubbs (or his back room team) in any context other than "Hiya Alan, Hiya Pal!" when he was probably wishing he was somewhere else. The day Hibs.net becomes common knowledge is the day Common Knowledge is waving a scarf above his head at East Mains or trundling off to wave another scarf somewhere else. I believe little I read about Hibs ( or any other clubs) on here. "That's football eh? Sometimes it happens sometimes it disnae". Baws to that.. And especially Baws to the player ratings tomorrow!

J-C
09-09-2016, 08:34 PM
what do you mean?

If I post the said rumour it will be deleted, someone earlier mentioned similar re leaving the club whatever happened in the final.