PDA

View Full Version : If you were on the pitch I want to hear from you

aidzo
07-09-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm writing a book about Hibs winning the cup. It's out in November. I'd like to hear from fans who were on the pitch at Hampden and have stories of joy. Want to emphasise that this was what the invasion was about.
Also ... I'm really keen to speak to Andy who I met in the Tourmalet pub in Iona Street back in Edinburgh after the game and who had a clump of turf in his 'baccy pouch which he was intending to smoke. If you are this fine fellow, or know him, please get in touch!
Thanks
Aidan

Keith_M
07-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Don't fall for it guys, he's quite obviously an Undercover Cop!!

Craig_HFC
07-09-2016, 06:48 PM
I believe 'aidzo' is Latin for 'grass'.

Eyrie
07-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Don't fall for it guys, he's quite obviously an Undercover Cop!!

Either that or a Sevco left back posting from the intensive care unit.

Mr_F
07-09-2016, 06:55 PM
It's Lee Wallace guys.. Do NOT reply

staunchhibby
07-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Lee wallace wanting his grass back.

aidzo
07-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Ain't no cop. Old enough to have got the careers advice from the polis at school (along with the army and navy) but didn't join.

Tinribs
07-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Ain't no cop. Old enough to have got the careers advice from the polis at school (along with the army and navy) but didn't join.

I got the police careers advice too, deluded it was. Quite why they thought any of us would join the group that had been kicking lumps out of us for years is beyond me.

jdships
07-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Not quite sure what the point of " writing a book" on this " incident" is ?.
It obviously will be based on one side of the story , regardless which one that is.This will just cause more arguments /suppositions and disagreement
For me the " incident" should be left to disappear into " folklore" and let us and the club/players move on move on
I am just happy to enjoy the real story that is HFC winning the Scottish Cup in May2016 when I was 84 !!!
:flag:

CRAZYHIBBY
07-09-2016, 07:51 PM
I reckon they should all be named and shamed for spoiling the players celebrations

jacomo
07-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Not quite sure what the point of " writing a book" on this " incident" is ?.
It obviously will be based on one side of the story , regardless which one that is.This will just cause more arguments /suppositions and disagreement
For me the " incident" should be left to disappear into " folklore" and let us and the club/players move on move on
I am just happy to enjoy the real story that is HFC winning the Scottish Cup in May2016 when I was 84 !!!
:flag:

He's writing a book because he wants to.

Delighted that you were at the final, having waited longer than most to see us lift the cup.

Oh, and I wasn't on the pitch.

aidzo
07-09-2016, 08:01 PM
It's not a book about the invasion. As I say in my original post it's about Hibs winning the cup. Am sure you guys have good tales to tell ...

brianmc
07-09-2016, 08:03 PM
The Tourmalet... is that the one that used to be Dizzies?

Dizzies - Bizzies it's not that much of a jump eh?

Tell him nowt folks, he's a pal of Lee Wallace I'm sure!!

The Green Goblin
07-09-2016, 08:07 PM
It's not a book about the invasion. As I say in my original post it's about Hibs winning the cup. Am sure you guys have good tales to tell ...

"celebration" :wink:

Have you written any other books? Imo, I think you'll get more feedback if you are more open about who you are. Cheers.

aidzo
07-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Here's proof the book's real and that I'm not Lee Wallace/Lee Polis

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Persevered-Epic-Story-Scottish-Campaign/dp/1909715476/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473278722&sr=1-1&keywords=persevered

brianmc
07-09-2016, 08:10 PM
8 weeks till release? **** me, should you no be writing it instead of messing about online?

cam75
07-09-2016, 08:18 PM
The Tourmalet... is that the one that used to be Dizzies?

Dizzies - Bizzies it's not that much of a jump eh?

Tell him nowt folks, he's a pal of Lee Wallace I'm sure!!

Best beers in leith,good boozer and well run bar👍

Green Man
07-09-2016, 08:22 PM
"celebration" :wink:

Have you written any other books? Imo, I think you'll get more feedback if you are more open about who you are. Cheers.

I believe he is Aidan Smith, the journalist who wrote "Heartfelt" about a year spent "undercover" watching Hearts.

SRHibs
07-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Was a fan of 'Heartfelt' even though it got mixed reviews from both sides of the fence, so will pick this up based on that.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2016, 08:26 PM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Persevered-Epic-Story-Scottish-Campaign/dp/1909715476/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473278722&sr=1-1&keywords=persevered

Just for fun..:
At Secondary
Who was your Fave Hibstory teacher?
((And if I've got my eras right) What was the nickname of a certain French teacher at the same school...

And iirc name the bar you were drinking in when Deeks scored the penalty in the Caspar Derby?

AZhibee
07-09-2016, 08:29 PM
This thread is hilarious.

aidzo
07-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Big Sum, Jolly Olly, Bailie

SunshineOnLeith
07-09-2016, 08:33 PM

Wait, you're pretending to be Aidan Smith now? :faf:

The polis aren't this stupid, probably just some dumb Hun trying to win brownie points on Follow Follow.

AZhibee
07-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Im pretty sure that Renton, Spud, Sickboy, Begby were on the pitch - theyd grant an interview, for cash

Bostonhibby
07-09-2016, 08:37 PM
My name is Mark Warburton, I was on the pitch when Halliday gestured that he'd won the rangers their first big cup, smiling and clenching my fists I was, I disappeared as soon as the final whistle went and wasn't seen for weeks, my magic hat doesn't work either.

Radium
07-09-2016, 08:44 PM
My name is Mark Warburton, I was on the pitch when Halliday gestured that he'd won the rangers their first big cup, smiling and clenching my fists I was, I disappeared as soon as the final whistle went and wasn't seen for weeks, my magic hat doesn't work either.

F###y [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
07-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Im pretty sure that Renton, Spud, Sickboy, Begby were on the pitch - theyd grant an interview, for cash

Up front. No pissing about. In a wad. For all to see. Transfer prior to story. Thanks

Santa Cruz
07-09-2016, 08:49 PM
I was on the pitch mainly because everyone else where I was standing went on, and I thought my mate had went on. He hadn't.

Jumped on the grass singing then came back off as it seemed pretty pointless

The Green Goblin
07-09-2016, 09:03 PM
I believe he is Aidan Smith, the journalist who wrote "Heartfelt" about a year spent "undercover" watching Hearts.

I bought and read Heartfelt. Thought it was an interesting idea and book.

I also followed the link. The book's due out in about eight weeks. Nov 10. And he's still researching material for it and writing it??? :hmmm:

jacomo
07-09-2016, 09:17 PM

I also followed the link. The book's due out in about eight weeks. Nov 10. And he's still researching material for it and writing it??? :hmmm:

Ach, he's a journalist, he's used to writing quickly.

I can make up a story about going on the pitch if you like? :wink:

Truth is, I was high up in the South, emotionally drained and didn't feel the need to get down there. But each to their own. I could see a lot of people were enjoying themselves.

Greentinted
07-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Hi, I'm writing a book about the unrecovered property from the Hatton Garden Safety Deposit Box Robbery*...so if you know the whereabouts of the stash or were in the vicinity of the event when it occurred and/or know a bloke called 'Basil' then I want to hear from you...thanks awfully.

*I'm actually doing nothing of the sort, I'm having a carry-on!

The Green Goblin
07-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Ach, he's a journalist, he's used to writing quickly.

I can make up a story about going on the pitch if you like? :wink:

Truth is, I was high up in the South, emotionally drained and didn't feel the need to get down there. But each to their own. I could see a lot of people were enjoying themselves.

I was about 5 rows away from the pitch and could have just strolled on, but decided to just stay where I was. :greengrin Each to their own, as you said. :agree:

djs69
07-09-2016, 09:35 PM
I was standing applauding our fine cup win and was dragged into the pitch by PC HFC32 as I was apprentice blocking an emergency exit, and was told to get out the way. It was this one, 3rd from the right. I couldn't get back to my seat because of the thousands of Hibs hooligans, according to Lee Wallace, stripped every last piece of turf up and assaulted every Rangers fan, player and employee. (Allegedly) http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/6a151aefcfad590485eb2010f801589e.jpg

Cauld Bovril
07-09-2016, 09:36 PM
I was on the pitch. I taunted Tavernier mercilessly, took a barrage of abuse from some cavemen but delivered a couple of body blows that put tears in their eyes. You can use that if you want
Best Regards
A. Stokes

Bostonhibby
07-09-2016, 09:40 PM
I was on the pitch about ten minutes after the game ended, I got shoved in the hind quarters by a west of Scotland FC or Scottish cup FC supporter who had been hiding amongst the the rangers supporters.

Yours sincerely

A horse

AZhibee
07-09-2016, 09:47 PM
I was on the pitch about ten minutes after the game ended, I got shoved in the hind quarters by a west of Scotland FC or Scottish cup FC supporter who had been hiding amongst the the rangers supporters.

Yours sincerely

A horse

I am writing a book about horse's who have been kicked by horse's a****', and I would like to speak with you, it is due out in 8 hours!

jacomo
07-09-2016, 10:31 PM
I was on the pitch. I taunted Tavernier mercilessly, took a barrage of abuse from some cavemen but delivered a couple of body blows that put tears in their eyes. You can use that if you want
Best Regards
A. Stokes

:greengrin

Forza Fred
07-09-2016, 10:43 PM
I'm not going to incriminate myself in such an obvious amateurish fashion....I wasnae there!

Pretty sure Aidan Smith, the real one, would know a few people to answer him without posting here.....and if it is him and this is his modus operandi then any reputation he may thought he had has been shot to pieces....

Lancs Harp
07-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Best Regards
A. Stokes

Brilliant :greengrin

Kato
07-09-2016, 11:35 PM
I actually did make a roll up with some grass from the pitch and smoked it outside The Tourmalet that night. High as a kite.

Brizo
08-09-2016, 06:20 AM

I don't know the lead in time between finishing writing a book and then getting it proof read, edited, printed and distributed. But eight weeks seems a pretty short timescale for all that to happen, particularly when its still being written. Hopefully in the rush to publish its not full of the typos and mistakes that are in other "rushed out" Hibs books.

I didn't mind "Heartfelt" although I thought the whole going to watch your biggest rivals for a year premis was totally contrived. Ill reserve judgement on this forthcoming book but if its a cobbled together last minute job like the OPs last minute post suggests ill give it a miss.

SunshineOnLeith
08-09-2016, 07:21 AM
I don't know the lead in time between finishing writing a book and then getting it proof read, edited, printed and distributed. But eight weeks seems a pretty short timescale for all that to happen, particularly when its still being written. Hopefully in the rush to publish its not full of the typos and mistakes that are in other "rushed out" Hibs books.

I didn't mind "Heartfelt" although I thought the whole going to watch your biggest rivals for a year premis was totally contrived. Ill reserve judgement on this forthcoming book but if its a cobbled together last minute job like the OPs last minute post suggests ill give it a miss.

Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

Bostonhibby
08-09-2016, 07:43 AM
I am writing a book about horse's who have been kicked by horse's a****', and I would like to speak with you, it is due out in 8 hours!

I actually did make a roll up with some grass from the pitch and smoked it outside The Tourmalet that night. High as a kite.

Alright, I may as well confess, I was on the pitch and I was eating the grass as well, stick that in your book/smoke it.

A Horse.:greengrin

:kbacker:

O'Rourke3
08-09-2016, 07:51 AM
I didnt go on. My daughers in a different stand did. How was it? "We saw Jason but there just all these old guys on their knees crying" was the report.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Salt N Sauzee
08-09-2016, 07:58 AM
I was a crying/laughing mess running around the pitch hugging everyone in sight. I'm certain every other Hibs fan who was on the pitch will tell you they done pretty much the exact same.

Cabbage East
08-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Anyone else getting a good old fashioned McCabe vibe off this thread?

Bill Milne
08-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Perhaps you should be interviewing the The Huns employees for their version of events and cross checking with Glasgow polis and hospitals to refute the more obvious lies which have been written in our glorious media.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm not going to incriminate myself in such an obvious amateurish fashion....I wasnae there!

Pretty sure Aidan Smith, the real one, would know a few people to answer him without posting here.....and if it is him and this is his modus operandi then any reputation he may thought he had has been shot to pieces....

The real Aidan Smith would be able to answer the questions I posed.

CropleyWasGod
08-09-2016, 08:32 AM
The real Aidan Smith would be able to answer the questions I posed.

Think he gave an answer, in post 22, albeit he didn't quote you.

No idea if they're right, though. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Big Sum, Jolly Olly, Bailie

It's the real Aidan folks. Defo. No one else would have answered these questions correctly.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Think he gave an answer, in post 22, albeit he didn't quote you.

No idea if they're right, though. :greengrin

Apologies to Aidan I had checked last night but before he'd posted and neglected to check before posting but I'm happy to report as far as I'm concerned he's the real deal.

The only Person that could have answered those questions correctly is someone he knows closely or me ;) or maybe that bloke in the Hibsbollah Tshirt. And no I'm not a stalker was in the Bailey with a mate and was observant for once!
I'm quite impressed he remembered where he was drinking for the Casper Derby!

CropleyWasGod
08-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Apologies to Aidan I had checked last night but before he'd posted and neglected to check before posting but I'm happy to report as far as I'm concerned he's the real deal.

The only Person that could have answered those questions correctly is someone he knows closely or me ;) or maybe that bloke in the Hibsbollah Tshirt. And no I'm not a stalker was in the Bailey with a mate and was observant for once!
I'm quite impressed he remembered where he was drinking for the Casper Derby!

Cheers for that

So, anyone for a slice of humble pie? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
08-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Cheers for that

So, anyone for a slice of humble pie? :greengrin

I'm sticking with the grass:wink:

Fair do's, as someone who read and enjoyed Heartfelt and the idea behind it very much, I will admit I wasn't on the pitch, a few of my party were prominent on it (no violence or vandalism involved) but it's up to them to come forward - have given them the details!

aidzo
08-09-2016, 09:03 AM

So are you Andy who told me a great story a few years back from being on the pitch at Wembley in 1977?

Kato
08-09-2016, 09:04 AM
So are you Andy who told me a great story a few years back from being on the pitch at Wembley in 1977?

I'll PM you, even though my name isn't Andy.

aidzo
08-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Book almost finished, just need some good tales from the pitch for a wee chapter near the end. Happy tears of joy stuff. Wall-mounted turf display stuff. Anything funny or poignant. Reason I'm trying to track down this fine fellow from the Tourmalet is he told me a cracking story a few years back about being on the pitch at Wembley in 1977. Want him to compare the two experiences.

Kato
08-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Book almost finished, just need some good tales from the pitch for a wee chapter near the end. Happy tears of joy stuff. Wall-mounted turf display stuff. Anything funny or poignant. Reason I'm trying to track down this fine fellow from the Tourmalet is he told me a cracking story a few years back about being on the pitch at Wembley in 1977. Want him to compare the two experiences.

Mmmm, Problem there being I was on the pitch in '77 but not at Hampden.

I was given a piece of Hampden turf in the ground and later on in The Tourmalet someone gave me a piece of net.

Actual Wembley turf...

Hampden stuff....

offshorehibby
08-09-2016, 09:31 AM
It's the real Aidan folks. Defo. No one else would have answered these questions correctly.

That wasn't Broughton by any chance.

SRHibs
08-09-2016, 09:53 AM

It just took a look at his posting history to effectively confirm it's him.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
That wasn't Broughton by any chance.

Yes. Mark Yardleys brother also went there not sure about Mark tho. His brother has a trial for us back in the 80s if memory serves.

Brizo
08-09-2016, 12:25 PM

No I didn't. And I don't know if "own goal" is but that's what you've scored with that post.

jdships
08-09-2016, 01:39 PM
He's writing a book because he wants to.

Delighted that you were at the final, having waited longer than most to see us lift the cup.

Oh, and I wasn't on the pitch.

Thank you for your kind remarks
Yes it was a memorable day thanks to family and friends !!
This regardless of what happened at the final whistle :gwa2:
I couldn't have made it on to the pitch even if I wanted to :wink::greengrin

Keith_M
08-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Hi, my name's Mark Warburton and a Hibs fan ran past my technical area after the match so I took a flying kick at him.

I did actually miss but, seeing as two Hibs Fans have been convicted of assault for similar failed attempts on Rangers players, that makes me a criminal in the eyes of the law.

I also stood on the grass, but Lee is now recovering from the incident.

Killiehibbie
08-09-2016, 05:24 PM
I got carried onto the pitch by the outpouring of emotion, thought about all the good Hibbies who didn't live long enough to see us winning the cup then went and tried to have a drink for them all. :flag:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Yes. Mark Yardleys brother also went there not sure about Mark tho. His brother has a trial for us back in the 80s if memory serves.

You's must be a few years older than me :greengrin

Memorable teachers in my time were:
Mr Aitken - psycho techy drawing teacher who loved dishing out the belt,
Ian "Mighty Mouse" McLauchlan,
Miss Reid - psycho ruler-wielding Maths teacher
...and "5 foot/4 foot" - music teacher with one leg shorter than the other

Hibernianinc
08-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Ok, I'll bite Aidzo. Happy to give a recount of me and The Boy hugging randoms and rubbing the pitch as if it were some magic carpet. Compare and contrast with the last time 'we' were on the pitch, Firhill v Hamilton Accies in '99.

If you turn out to be polis or Lee Wallace I'm playing the entrapment card 😄.

pacorosssco
08-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Aidzo PM sent

The Green Goblin
08-09-2016, 09:39 PM
That's a great front cover photo! :agree:

FranckSuzy
08-09-2016, 09:56 PM
A signed copy of this could raise quite a bit in a Christmas auction :agree: :wink: :greengrin

mca
08-09-2016, 09:58 PM
I Also Admit To Being on The Grass That Day.. :greengrin

lucky
08-09-2016, 10:12 PM

All 3 were my teachers. might Mouse scared the **** out of everyone at PE

HibbySpurs
09-09-2016, 01:41 PM
I was on the pitch (dont care who knows) with my 14yo daughter and 9yo son.... Some of the most amazing moments of my life, I was on my knees at one point and both kids weeping tears of sheer joy...

I even have a picture of them both crying on the turf with utter bedlam going on around them....

IanFaeClerrie
09-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Was on the pitch with my daughter and her American pal

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Haymaker
09-09-2016, 06:24 PM
I was up in hospitality seats, too drained to get down the stairs to the pitch.

offshorehibby
09-09-2016, 07:42 PM

All 3 were my teachers. might Mouse scared the **** out of everyone at PE

You guys must have been there about same time as me. I was there 74/78
Had McLauchlan and Aitken as teachers.

bubblesmorrison
10-09-2016, 03:07 AM
If you need some fantastic story about a young lad traveling from the states am your guy.

ps I got my flag back :flag:

IanFaeClerrie
10-09-2016, 04:53 AM
I was on the pitch (dont care who knows) with my 14yo daughter and 9yo son.... Some of the most amazing moments of my life, I was on my knees at one point and both kids weeping tears of sheer joy...

I even have a picture of them both crying on the turf with utter bedlam going on around them....
Fab. Utterly fab

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hibs1969
10-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Best Regards
A. Stokes

Absolutely superb, this made me laugh whilst walking into work yesterday. Best post in ages😅