View Full Version : Who provides Scotland players

Ozyhibby
07-09-2016, 09:16 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/3babfa440ba062a9822ab70a97fd0ec5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Interesting stat.

A couple of things that have always made me proud to be a hibee despite many years of torment in my time following the club is that we have excellent morals as a club and pride ourselves on a youth system that never waivers.

We are a classy club and don't let anybody ever forget that despite the west coast media trying to proclaim us neanderthal thugs

Smartie
07-09-2016, 09:27 AM
Why are Wycombe Wanderers so high?

Who did they develop?

Ozyhibby
07-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Anya, Phillips and Russell Martin.

madabouthibs
07-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Pretty bad actually. Plus the fact that most of the old firm caps will come for the simple reason that they play for the old firm.

Amadou_Konte
07-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Brown, Fletcher, Whittaker and Miller would be responsible for most/almost all of the Hibs caps?

Oscar T Grouch
07-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Pretty bad actually. Plus the fact that most of the old firm caps will come for the simple reason that they play for the old firm.

The stats are for the development clubs, so if they were developed by Hibs but only get their cap when playing for the ugly sisters them Hibs get the mark on these stats

Dunbar Hibee
07-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Brown, Fletcher, Whittaker and Miller would be responsible for most/almost all of the Hibs caps?

Caldwell must have had quite a few?

Hibs Class
07-09-2016, 11:19 AM

Isn't it based on which club developed them, rather than the club they played for when they were capped?

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2016, 11:19 AM

Don't think we'd get the credit for developing him.

Dunbar Hibee
07-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Don't think we'd get the credit for developing him.

Aye right you are, I had it in my head we produced him for some reason.

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Aye right you are, I had it in my head we produced him for some reason.

Nah, he was already Beckenbauer before he got to us. :greengrin

WeeRussell
07-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Nah, he was already Beckenbauer before he got to us. :greengrin

Sometimes he'd be as well Backinthebar.

Coat got.

tamig
07-09-2016, 12:00 PM
How have the hun got such a high number? I can think of Hutton and McGregor but nobody else who'd have got too many caps.

WeeRussell
07-09-2016, 12:06 PM
How have the hun got such a high number? I can think of Hutton and McGregor but nobody else who'd have got too many caps.

Ross McCormack? The two you mentioned will have played the majority of games over that time too I reckon.

Ozyhibby
07-09-2016, 12:07 PM

Chris Burke would have a few. Charlie Adam would add a few as well.

Allant1981
07-09-2016, 12:08 PM

Barry ferguson must have a fair few caps, not sure how many since 2010 though

WeeRussell
07-09-2016, 12:12 PM

I thought about him but from the top of my head his "fingers to the media" incident was before then? Don't think he played much, if at all, for us after that.

overdrive
07-09-2016, 12:16 PM

McCormack as well.

tamig
07-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Cheers guys. Hutton and McGregor probably have the bulk of them between them and the others mentioned probably make up the balance. Not sure when Ferguson got his last caps.

Rugy07
07-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Livingston have done brilliantly for a small club created from a factory and relocated. Dorrans, Snodgrass and Griffiths are all very good players too. I'm sure they've had a few more go south in recent years too. Scougal (not sure of spelling) that I think was with us as a youth was definitely one.

patlowe
07-09-2016, 12:49 PM
If they were to produce similar stats in five/ten years time I do not think we will have many on that list, unless we get the credit for Cummings in the future and Hanlon finds his way into the reckoning. We don't seem to develop young players of that quality anymore and part of our strategy now appears to be focused on recruting young prospects developed by others, which isn't working out too badly by the way!

Smartie
07-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Livingston have done brilliantly for a small club created from a factory and relocated. Dorrans, Snodgrass and Griffiths are all very good players too. I'm sure they've had a few more go south in recent years too. Scougal (not sure of spelling) that I think was with us as a youth was definitely one.

I get the point you're trying to make and I think it's a fair one. But bringing up Livingston made me think of something else.

But we're quick to criticise clubs who spend beyond their means, and there are 3 of them who are prominent on the list above that were serious, repeat offenders. I think there's a fair chance that Scotland have benefitted from this in terms of the facilities and coaching that morally bankrupt clubs like Hearts, Livingston and Rangers were able to spend not just on big transfer fees but on developing their youths. Maybe the above figures are skewed as a result? If those clubs had lived within their means would they have been able to attract the young talent in the first place, let alone hang onto them when they have to train on dog-turd strewn public parks whilst being bellowed at by a poorly-paid, poorly-trained coach?

Maybe Scottish football will have somehow benefitted from the shameful years of financial mismanagement of these clubs?

ancient hibee
07-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Interesting stat.

A couple of things that have always made me proud to be a hibee despite many years of torment in my time following the club is that we have excellent morals as a club and pride ourselves on a youth system that never waivers.

We are a classy club and don't let anybody ever forget that despite the west coast media trying to proclaim us neanderthal thugs

Personally I think our "youth system" has been a shambolic disaster for the best part of 10 years.

Rugy07
07-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Maybe Scottish football will have somehow benefitted from the shameful years of financial mismanagement of these clubs?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it did. Obviously success makes people/players in general more aware of these clubs and gives them more desire to play for them. But also, think of the number of really top players that were brought in on relatively big money by these clubs (Hearts excluded!) and others (Hibs included). Fernandez, Broto, Caniggia, Zitelli etc. That can only have helped develop youth players at these places.

I'd forgotten Northern Ireland star James McPake was also Livingston....

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2016, 02:58 PM

Where would Hartley sit ? (Apart from in the stand?)

Smartie
07-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Where would Hartley sit ? (Apart from in the stand?)

He started out at Hamilton Accies did he not?

Haymaker
07-09-2016, 04:49 PM

In his 10 year Scotland career he amassed a whopping 45 caps.

lord bunberry
07-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Surely the Rangers stats should show 2 figures.:greengrin

Hibby Bairn
07-09-2016, 05:01 PM
I wonder how many Hutchison Vale would amass?

Allant1981
07-09-2016, 06:15 PM
In his 10 year Scotland career he amassed a whopping 45 caps.

Is that all, i thought it was much more

Haymaker
07-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Is that all, i thought it was much more

Nope, he missed a lot of games with 'injury' iirc.

Against smaller countries and near big Rangers games coincidentally.

EDIT: Ferguson played 45 times in 11 years. In 13 years, David Beckham played 115. Even taking into account WCs and ECs, that's a huge difference.

Salt N Sauzee
07-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Not surprised to see Hertz so low down the table. Bet they're top of the Lithuanian equivalent though 🙄