06-09-2016, 10:55 PM
Belarus 0 - France 0
Bulgaria 4 - Luxembourg 3
Sweden 1 - Netherlands 1

Pretty tough, glad Scotland got England

Mibbes Aye
07-09-2016, 12:12 AM
Better than 1986.

We qualified and faced Enzo Francescoli, Michael Laudrup and Karl-Heinz Rummenige.

Three of the best players in the world, one after the other. They weren't surrounded by mugs either.

Laudrup was exceptional but maybe benefitted from the tv cameras being on him for Euro 84 and WC 86. Rummenige was as good but didn't get the same TV coverage.

Mibbes Aye
07-09-2016, 12:58 AM
Better than 1986.

We qualified and faced Enzo Francescoli, Michael Laudrup and Karl-Heinz Rummenige.

Three of the best players in the world, one after the other. They weren't surrounded by mugs either.

Laudrup was exceptional but maybe benefitted from the tv cameras being on him for Euro 84 and WC 86. Rummenige was as good but didn't get the same TV coverage.

Should add that Francescoli was probably the best player in the world at that time, Platini maybe competed. If you didn't subscribe to World Soccer magazine then you should have.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Should add that Francescoli was probably the best player in the world at that time, Platini maybe competed. If you didn't subscribe to World Soccer magazine then you should have.

I think Maradona who totally dominated the tournament would compete.

worcesterhibby
07-09-2016, 09:01 AM
never mind the group of death..something very suspicious is going on in Group I it seems the teams are sending some sort of message in Binary !

ian cruise
07-09-2016, 10:58 PM
never mind the group of death..something very suspicious is going on in Group I it seems the teams are sending some sort of message in Binary !

Finland
Ukraine
Croatia
Kosovo
Iceland
Turkey

Obviously they've decided none of them want to go to Katar and have a gentleman's agreement to draw every game so no one goes through.

GlesgaeHibby
08-09-2016, 06:15 AM
Finland
Ukraine
Croatia
Kosovo
Iceland
Turkey

Obviously they've decided none of them want to go to Katar and have a gentleman's agreement to draw every game so no one goes through.

They're 4 years too early to be worrying about Qatar.

JDHibs
08-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Finland
Ukraine
Croatia
Kosovo
Iceland
Turkey

Id rather go to Qatar than Russia...

Ukraine and Turkey 100% wont want to qualify for the next tournament!

ian cruise
08-09-2016, 11:50 AM
They're 4 years too early to be worrying about Qatar.

I shouldn't try be a smart arse when I'm tired.