PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

Jonnyboy
06-09-2016, 06:32 PM
To 18 year-old Abi Harrison, called up to the Scotland Ladies Squad for the Euro 2017 qualifier against Iceland.

Mr White
06-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Well played. She's been scoring loads of goals for hibs recently iirc?

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2016, 06:48 PM
hattrick against sellick couple of days back

northstandhibby
07-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Seen the squad in the Evening News today. Well done to the Hibernian Ladies who were called up.

:top marks

GGTTH

Rugy07
07-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Can anyone explain why Scotland haven't qualified as yet? I've read several times that we need at least a point from the final game, but that results could go our way before this. As far as I can see, we will definitely finish ahead of the 2nd placed team in groups 3 and 5 whatever happens and so have qualified. Even the UEFA website disagrees with me though!

Craig_HFC
07-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Can anyone explain why Scotland haven't qualified as yet? I've read several times that we need at least a point from the final game, but that results could go our way before this. As far as I can see, we will definitely finish ahead of the 2nd placed team in groups 3 and 5 whatever happens and so have qualified. Even the UEFA website disagrees with me though!

It's the women we're talking about here... they can never decide on anything.

:greengrin

:na na:

pontius pilate
07-09-2016, 02:43 PM

They have qualified for a play off place I believe but could gain automatic qualification if results go thier way. That's my reading of it anyway

Rugy07
07-09-2016, 02:50 PM
They have qualified for a play off place I believe but could gain automatic qualification if results go thier way. That's my reading of it anyway

That's what it says, but I think they have already qualified outright.

Rugy07
07-09-2016, 03:10 PM
It's ok, everyone can stop stressing, I've found out why we're not already qualified. :wink:
Despite there being 8 groups all of 5 teams, in determining the best 6 runners up, only results against the teams finishing 1st, 3rd and 4th count. If all results were to count, we would have already qualified.

Anyway, congrats to Abi and I hope we do qualify as it really looks like we deserve to be there.