PDA

View Full Version : Irn Bru Cup - Hibs v St Mirren

Billy Whizz
06-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Think the draw for this is today. Is this seeded or an all in draw?

mim
06-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Not sure how they are doing it, except the Welsh/Irish sides will play a Scottish side.

Baw187
06-09-2016, 09:16 AM
There are pots which suggests seeding but no idea how it works.

SteveHFC
06-09-2016, 09:41 AM
12:00

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup-r4-draw-live-today/

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2016, 09:50 AM
There's a chance we could draw Linfield at Easter Road. If we do we can look forward to Sevco's happy band of stick twirling flautists attaching themselves to Linfield for the day ... oh what fun. :greengrin

Diclonius
06-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Any tie v Linfield will be seen as Rangers fans as a chance of "revenge". Would rather we weren't drawn them for the safety of fellow Hibs fans.

Ozyhibby
06-09-2016, 09:56 AM
An away tie v Linfield would be even less fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
06-09-2016, 10:04 AM
There are pots which suggests seeding but no idea how it works.

Mentions this on the website.

The draw is unseeded but teams from Northern Ireland and Wales will be kept apart.
Could really do without playing Linfield IMO.

BullsCloseHibs
06-09-2016, 10:05 AM
An away tie v Linfield would be even less fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is is not Rankers who should be living in fear? After all, we were the only ones who came on the pitch 21/5 :flag:

Take Linfield any day and we'll spit them (and their Glasgow pals) out :agree:

worcesterhibby
06-09-2016, 10:06 AM
New Saints Away please :greengrin

Billy McKirdy
06-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Got a horrible feeling that we will be drawn against Linfield.

Craig_HFC
06-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Linfield at home would certainly be the only reason to be excited about this tournament.

offshorehibby
06-09-2016, 10:35 AM
I've had this horrible feeling about Linfield since Sunday, hope i'm proved wrong.

jgl07
06-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Think the draw for this is today. Is this seeded or an all in draw?

It will be live on periscope from 12:00 according to the SFPL site.

matty_f
06-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Would take any home tie, to be honest. Not at all fussed about this cup although I think there is some merit in winning it if it helps establish a habit of winning trophies. Our cup record (this one aside) over the last few years has been fairly good, 3 Scottish Cup finals from 2012, winning one. One League Cup final, and several semi-finals. It's not a bad habit to have! :greengrin

adhibs
06-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Linfield at home would certainly be the only reason to be excited about this tournament.

Would probably be the only game id go to, including the final, if we made it.

Diclonius
06-09-2016, 10:56 AM
I'd quite like Forfar away. Grew up in Angus and haven't ever seen Hibs play a competitive game in the county.

H18 SFR
06-09-2016, 11:01 AM
I'd quite like Forfar away. Grew up in Angus and haven't ever seen Hibs play a competitive game in the county.

Where is best for Bridies there nowadays?

danhibees1875
06-09-2016, 11:03 AM

That's for the New Saints.

NI up next...

danhibees1875
06-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Livi and QoTS get the NI teams.

danhibees1875
06-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Home to St Mirren.

Off the bar
home to st mirren

Diclonius
Hibs v St Mirren.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oldbutdim
Hibs v St Midden

Crikey.

Some fast fingered hombres on here.
:greengrin

HibbyScott
06-09-2016, 11:09 AM
I must say, I haven't taken the time to look at who all we could have drawn... but surely St Mirren must be the least inspiring out of the lot? :greengrin

scoopyboy
06-09-2016, 11:11 AM
I must say, I haven't taken the time to look at who all we could have drawn... but surely St Mirren must be the least inspiring out of the lot? :greengrin

They might bring a few fans at least, Queens Park or Forfar have floated your boat?

Billy Whizz
06-09-2016, 11:12 AM
They might bring a few fans at least, Queens Park or Forfar have floated your boat?

I was hoping to go to the Scotland game that day as well, wonder if we'll arrange the KO so fans can go to both

SteveHFC
06-09-2016, 11:13 AM
I was hoping to go to the Scotland game that day as well, wonder if we'll arrange the KO so fans can go to both

Even if our game kicks off at 3. You could still make the Scotland game.

HibbyScott
06-09-2016, 11:19 AM

Can't argue with you on bringing fans, but yeah - a game against Queens Park or Forfar would have floated my boat more than one match out of at least 5 against St Mirren this year

grammyb111
Full draw:

Bala Town v Alloa
Forfar Athletic v The New Saints
Crusaders v Livingston
Queen of the South v Linfield
Hibs v St Mirren
Dunfermline v Queens Park
Ayr United v Falkirk
Stranraer v Dundee United

ElginHibbie

I wonder if most games might be played on the Sunday instead because of the Scotland match

grammyb111
06-09-2016, 11:21 AM
I wonder if most games might be played on the Sunday instead because of the Scotland match

Can't seeing it being the case, though I'd imagine if the clubs playing in Ireland/Wales will have a say if they want them moved. I can see QotS v Linfield being on BBC Alba

danhibees1875
06-09-2016, 11:24 AM

Personally, they'd have been more favourable. Anyone other than someone from the same league was my hope just for a change. Next round. :greengrin

fat freddy
06-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Tough tie for Queen Of The South as Linfield are likely to park the bus and fill their side full of 'Defenders'...

IanM
06-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Tough tie for Queen Of The South as Linfield are likely to park the bus and fill their side full of 'Defenders'...

Basically Queen's XI v Queens XI

DaveF
06-09-2016, 11:49 AM

Will give Derek Lyle a chance to get a selfie with the shankill defenders flute band.

Fambo Jannies
06-09-2016, 12:11 PM
I think the value we'll get from this tournament will be the opportunity to bring through younger players, so I hope we go with a similar team as in the last round.

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2016, 12:11 PM
No doubt I'll go to the game, but have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed with this draw .. would much rather have drawn a team I haven't seen before.

jgl07
06-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Any chance they will 'Surrender'?

Oscar T Grouch
06-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Hibs tie the draw of the round and possibly up for TV again? Nice to have a game on my birthday weekend instead of/ or along with an international. Might be move to Sunday for the telly. either way I'll be at Easter Road that weekend :thumbsup:

Smartie
06-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Belfast is a cracking city. I think I'm the only one that would have loved a trip there. Linfield would certainly be an experience but I'd like to think we could go and help the locals understand that we're really not into sectarianism (like about 99% of locals there aren't).

Sylar
06-09-2016, 12:27 PM
A club like Livingston having to travel to Northern Ireland, given their financial precariousness and inability to take a good away support to grounds in Scotland, highlights how utterly mad this setup is.

Ringothedog
06-09-2016, 12:30 PM
A club like Livingston having to travel to Northern Ireland, given their financial precariousness and inability to take a good away support to grounds in Scotland, highlights how utterly mad this setup is.

The SPFL will cover their travelling costs, I am sure that was the deal when the new setup was announced

Oscar T Grouch
06-09-2016, 12:31 PM

I think away teams get an allowance for travel and accommodation. Think I read somewhere it's £4K. Might be wrong though.

Smartie
06-09-2016, 12:35 PM

I like this cup this year.

The introduction of the new teams freshens it up.

I also like the way Lennon is approaching the competition. It's good to get a chance to see what the fringe players can do.

And I think it will have been good for young Fraser Murray to get a decent run out in a televised match.

JimBHibees
06-09-2016, 12:37 PM
I like this cup this year.

The introduction of the new teams freshens it up.

I also like the way Lennon is approaching the competition. It's good to get a chance to see what the fringe players can do.

And I think it will have been good for young Fraser Murray to get a decent run out in a televised match.

Given we are out the League cup no harm in these additional games to freshen the team up a bit also. Good to see some of the younger players play a full game on Sunday.

Alex Trager
06-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Belfast is a cracking city. I think I'm the only one that would have loved a trip there. Linfield would certainly be an experience but I'd like to think we could go and help the locals understand that we're really not into sectarianism (like about 99% of locals there aren't).
I'm definitely up for that btw!

HibbyAndy
06-09-2016, 01:23 PM
when is it ?

Oscar T Grouch
06-09-2016, 01:40 PM
when is it ?

8/9th October

Dashing Bob S
06-09-2016, 01:45 PM
New Saints Away please :greengrin

Meet the New Saints...same as the old Saints...

jgl07
06-09-2016, 02:35 PM

They are the Berwick Rangers of Wales in that their ground is in Oswestry in England. Their support is drawn from both sides of the border.

Ardenttwo
06-09-2016, 05:17 PM
I think away teams get an allowance for travel and accommodation. Think I read somewhere it's £4K. Might be wrong though.

was told by on of the Turriff board it was £5.000 travelling expenses and the pot for the winner of the trophy is only £17.000

SonOfDavidFrancey
06-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Basically Queen's XI v Queens XI

Well spotted

Or even queens XI v King (billy)'s XI

heretoday
06-09-2016, 05:27 PM
We should go all out to win this trophy. After all, the cabinet isn't exactly full of cups.

Keith_M
06-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Instead of QOS, they should have drawn Linfield away to Stranraer. Surely that's the easiest away game for them, straight off and back on the Ferry.

Scott Allan Key
06-09-2016, 05:55 PM

Exactly. Wouldn't mind them next round.

Tamhere1875
06-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Could not have got Linfield away as N Ireland have a home game that day. The look of relief on Doncasters face when Queen of the South got Linfield said it all there was no way Hibs where getting them

jgl07
06-09-2016, 07:49 PM

I went on the Hibs pre-season tour of Northern Ireland in 1995. I found the locals OK and fairly friendly at Ballyclare and Bangor. It was during the first IRA ceasefire. Michael O'Neill was in the Hibs team for the tour and subject to a lot of interest at the matches.

I missed the final match at Cliftonville who, of course, are a club with Republican support from North Belfast. I don't know how things would have gone down had Hibs played at Linfield or Crusaders?

CyberSauzee
06-09-2016, 08:23 PM

Formed out of the Utah Saints I thought? Something good is gonna happen to them anyway with their away trip to Forfar.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Linfield away is the only draw that could have interested me.

Iggy Pope
07-09-2016, 11:46 AM
I went on the Hibs pre-season tour of Northern Ireland in 1995. I found the locals OK and fairly friendly at Ballyclare and Bangor. It was during the first IRA ceasefire. Michael O'Neill was in the Hibs team for the tour and subject to a lot of interest at the matches.

I missed the final match at Cliftonville who, of course, are a club with Republican support from North Belfast. I don't know how things would have gone down had Hibs played at Linfield or Crusaders?

Same.
I also did Glentoran a few years back.
Belfast is a great city to visit if you get in and out of the East side of it as fast as possible.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Noticed we're not one of the 3 TV games, and we're scheduled to play against St Mirren at 3pm on the Saturday

Have Hibs contirmed this yet?

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/live-tv-games-for-irn-bru-cup-r4/

http://spfl.co.uk/challenge-cup/#fixtures

Ringothedog
09-09-2016, 04:41 PM

Yeh, was a great trip(only went to Cliftonville), but we stayed in Bangor which was a we bit safer than some parts of Belfast.
I wouldn't fancy Linfield as a trip.

jgl07
09-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Yeh, was a great trip(only went to Cliftonville), but we stayed in Bangor which was a we bit safer than some parts of Belfast.
I wouldn't fancy Linfield as a trip.
We stayed in Carrickfergus which was quiet. As well as watching Hibs we went to Derry and to the Giants's Causeway and took in Portadown v Reading on the way back.

hibee_girl
17-09-2016, 08:30 AM
It's in the evening news today that Lennon expects this game to be postponed

Heisenberg
17-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Just about had a heart attack reading that EEN headline. Booked to come back at the end of October and see my first game of the season...Hibs vs St Mirren. Thank Christ!

HibbyDave
17-09-2016, 12:21 PM
We stayed in Dunmurray area of Belfast. Not the best area pub-wise!! but a good hotel.Went to ballyclare, visited the giants causeway and walked across the rope bridge at carrick-a-rede. Fantastic trip.

greenlex
17-09-2016, 06:06 PM

We should be playing this game players missing or not. The last thing we need is midweek games where our rivals are resting.weve enough to be fielding a strong enough side even with the likely players missing.

murray26
17-09-2016, 06:53 PM
There is absolutely no need for a postponement for this.. Rediculous to even consider it.. Anyway I thought you needed 3 players on international duty..? If this does get moved to midweek expect a crowd of about 3000..

hibee_girl
17-09-2016, 07:12 PM
There is absolutely no need for a postponement for this.. Rediculous to even consider it.. Anyway I thought you needed 3 players on international duty..? If this does get moved to midweek expect a crowd of about 3000..

The article said we expect 4 players to be away, McGinn, Cummings, Marciano and Virtanen

murray26
17-09-2016, 07:17 PM
If we can't trust our squad to play in a game like this then what is the point.. 1. The crowd will suffer badly 2. We'll need to play the fixture a couple of days before a important league game.. The Irn Bru cup should not under any circumstances be a priority.. If we win great if not no big deal.. Stupid decision if this is true.. Plus nice of the club to let the fans know in plenty of time..

Jonnyboy
17-09-2016, 07:26 PM
The article said we expect 4 players to be away, McGinn, Cummings, Marciano and Virtanen

:agree: Which would leave us with just one keeper. What if we play and he gets injured during that game?

Billy Whizz
17-09-2016, 07:30 PM
:agree: Which would leave us with just one keeper. What if we play and he gets injured during that game?

Or in the week leading up to it

jgl07
17-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Play rush goalie?

murray26
17-09-2016, 07:31 PM
We must have a young keeper on our books we could throw on the bench.. It would take serious stroke of bad luck for our keeper to get injured in the one game we don't have a decent back up..

Heisenberg
17-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Yeah mental to even think about postponing this game. Play the 20s.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Yeah mental to even think about postponing this game. Play the 20s.

I'm sure if it wasn't for goalie situation I'm sure this would go ahead

murray26
17-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Is this game definitely off..? Nothing on the official site and not every Hibby buys the evening news.. Only 3 weeks away..

hibee_girl
17-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Is this game definitely off..? Nothing on the official site and not every Hibby buys the evening news.. Only 3 weeks away..

No, it's not confirmed yet. Says it's likely to be postponed

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-set-to-postpone-st-mirren-tie-due-to-international-calls-1-4232540

murray26
17-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Poor decision imo.. Did we not only have laidlaw available for Turriff..? So when do we play this then..?

David_D
17-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Did Marciano not play up at Turriff? Think it Laidlaw is available and we have a youngster available game should be on.

SteveHFC
17-09-2016, 09:58 PM

Would mean I can head through to Hampden early doors for a few pints before the Scotland game.

IberianHibernian
17-09-2016, 10:10 PM
If international calloffs are real reason for possible postponement and I`d doubt it ( maybe Lennon thinks it`d be good for squad to have a weekend off ) clubs ( have St Mirren any players who might be in internationals ? ) couldn`t confirm it till international squads are announced . As for goalie situation , do we not have a youngster to be on bench or even play ? Did we not sign a teenage goalie who`d moved from Scotland to Spain and played there as a teenager ? Ruddy ? Preferable to play match on Saturday at 3 pm ( crowd 5000 or a few thousand more with imaginative marketing and sensible pricing ) than midweek ( less than 4000 crowd ) even if a few players are missing ( Laidlaw would probably be goalie anyway and we have lots of alternatives to Cummings and McGinn ) .

Eyrie
18-09-2016, 11:13 AM
We should be resting key players for a competition like this so having a few players away on international duty is irrelevant.

Billy Whizz
18-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Would mean I can head through to Hampden early doors for a few pints before the Scotland game.

We shouldn't be playing games anyway when the national team are in action at home

Iggy Pope
24-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Was the postponement ever confirmed? No fixture shown on the official site but SPFL still showing Sat 8th October.

http://spfl.co.uk/challenge-cup/fixtures/

Billy Whizz
24-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Was the postponement ever confirmed? No fixture shown on the official site but SPFL still showing Sat 8th October.

http://spfl.co.uk/challenge-cup/fixtures/

Don't think they can do anything until international squads are announced

hibsdaft
24-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Let's get this game over and done with. If that means playing an outfield player in goals - so be it.

If we delay the game to midweek, it will hurt our preparations for Raith Rovers away on the 15th, which is a ludicrous proposition.

Billy Whizz
24-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Let's get this game over and done with. If that means playing an outfield player in goals - so be it.

If we delay the game to midweek, it will hurt our preparations for Raith Rovers away on the 15th, which is a ludicrous proposition.

Can't get played that midweek, Scotland under 21's playing g on the Tuesday away

hibee_girl
26-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Don't think they can do anything until international squads are announced

When are the squads announced?

Billy Whizz
26-09-2016, 04:51 PM
When are the squads announced?

Must be Tuesday/Wednesday at latest, as the under 21's play a week on Wednesday and the Senior team on the Saturday

Hibbie_Cameron
26-09-2016, 04:56 PM
I'm sure I got an email saying the squad is announced on Wednesday

Billy Whizz
26-09-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm sure I got an email saying the squad is announced on Wednesday

Should know around them if this game is on
Saw something in the evening news today, that Marciano hadn't been contacted about a call up, but thought he had a chance

lapsedhibee
26-09-2016, 06:26 PM

Sure Peter Cormack's still in or around Edinburgh. Shirley someone could give him a bell? :dunno:

Hibbie_Cameron
27-09-2016, 01:30 PM
The game looks set for this date. We need more than 2 call ups. with Cummings and Marciano both missing out it looks like only McGinn and Otso will be away, so no postponement

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 02:38 PM
The game looks set for this date. We need more than 2 call ups. with Cummings and Marciano both missing out it looks like only McGinn and Otso will be away, so no postponement

Has Marciano been omitted from the Israel squad

Hiber-nation
27-09-2016, 02:41 PM

Looks like it if Wikipedia is correct.

hibee_girl
27-09-2016, 02:55 PM

:agree:

this was on twitter ' Marciano left out of Israel national squad. Means Hibs' Irn-Bru Cup tie against St Mirren now likely to stay on Saturday, October 8'

Billy Whizz
29-09-2016, 09:56 AM
St Mirren fans tickets on sale for this tomorrow
Adult £12
Concession £6

http://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/home-matchday-information/204-ticket-info-hibernian-8th-oct

29-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Adult £12
Concession £6

http://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/home-matchday-information/204-ticket-info-hibernian-8th-oct

Looks like the East Terracing has been re-introduced, barrie, I loved it in there!

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Adult £12
Concession £6

Cheaper for ST holders. excellent:agree:

hughio
30-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Sure Peter Cormack's still in or around Edinburgh. Shirley someone could give him a bell? :dunno:

Ha Ha
Love it
Old timers remember Peter pulling on that massive yellow shirt and stopping a few against all expectation "back in the day"(when we were fandabbydoo)