PDA

View Full Version : BBC Sportsound - cup final coverage

RoxburghHibs
06-09-2016, 06:51 AM
Normally Sportsound play sound clips of commentary from the previous cup final on their show.

I've not once heard the BBC commentators describe Sir D Grays goal. Anyone heard this or know if it's available online?

s.a.m
06-09-2016, 06:59 AM
For a while after the final, Radio 5 were playing a clip as part of a jingle. Not heard the BBC Radio Scotland equivalent though.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-09-2016, 07:34 AM
Not heard it either but I would guess that it's mostly wrist-slitting and crying noises

:greengrin

ian omand
06-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Normally Sportsound play sound clips of commentary from the previous cup final on their show.

I've not once heard the BBC commentators describe Sir D Grays goal. Anyone heard this or know if it's available online?

They are probably still waiting for permission from The Rangers.
After all its not something they would want to get wrong.

Northernhibee
06-09-2016, 09:31 AM
They are probably still waiting for permission from The Rangers.
After all its not something they would want to get wrong.

Sky sports were far worse.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Sky sports were far worse.

Aye? How come?

The Andy Walker "Hibsit" was pretty cringe worthy

What else was said?

Diclonius
06-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Expect Scottish Cup discussion this season to be something along the lines of this:

50% OMFG will the Old Firm break their 4-year Scottish Cup hoodoo and bring it back to Parkhead/Ibrox! Ah think Rainjurs huv a really gud chance etc etc etc
45% Hibs were bad for invading the pitch, disgrace, shocking etc etc
5% Hibs won the Scottish Cup last season

Northernhibee
06-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Aye? How come?

The Andy Walker "Hibsit" was pretty cringe worthy

What else was said?

Neil McCann moralising away with a sour puss on, the commentators referring to Sevco players by the first name etc. BBC saw the full time celebrations for what they were - just that.

ben johnson
06-09-2016, 02:21 PM
We ruined their wee weegie day out and the after match Rangers are back where they belong story. Years of pish taking by the Radio arm put me off for ever. We have our own TV now as well as social media that update you as soon as news breaks. Don't need the Beeb and their biased coverage and truly childish digs at the Club we love.

givescotlandfreedom
06-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Neil McCann moralising away with a sour puss on, the commentators referring to Sevco players by the first name etc. BBC saw the full time celebrations for what they were - just that.

They even had the headline TAINTED TRIUMPH on SSN on the evening of the win.

Aldo
06-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Normally Sportsound play sound clips of commentary from the previous cup final on their show. I've not once heard the BBC commentators describe Sir D Grays goal. Anyone heard this or know if it's available online?

Doesn't surprise me TBH and frankly don't give a monkeys about that bunch of grade a yam/dons and OF loving roasters!

Super_JMcGinn
06-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Have you watched the Sky coverage at all ? Neil McCann's analysis came over as impartial to me and very professional, I just don't get this celtic mentality of everyone is against us.
A previous poster mentioned Andy Walker and the hibsing it comment, he didn't mention hibsing it, it was the commentator, but let's ignore the truth.
His post match comments were way ott but have you heard him when Gray scored ? He nearly loses it with emotion, contrary to popular belief by some on here he definitely still has a soft spot for us.

The Rangers are making an a r s e of themselves publicly whilst our club retains a dignified silence, our supporters should take note and let go of this conspiracy bs and making up stories.

Hiber-nation
06-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Have you watched the Sky coverage at all ? Neil McCann's analysis came over as impartial to me and very professional, I just don't get this celtic mentality of everyone is against us.
A previous poster mentioned Andy Walker and the hibsing it comment, he didn't mention hibsing it, it was the commentator, but let's ignore the truth.
His post match comments were way ott but have you heard him when Gray scored ? He nearly loses it with emotion, contrary to popular belief by some on here he definitely still has a soft spot for us.

The Rangers are making an a r s e of themselves publicly whilst our club retains a dignified silence, our supporters should take note and let go of this conspiracy bs and making up stories.

He did. And as for Walker having a soft spot for us, you are well and truly at it yet again.

Super_JMcGinn
06-09-2016, 03:28 PM
He did. And as for Walker having a soft spot for us, you are well and truly at it yet again.
Ok then, when did he mention it, and I'm at nothing btw.

Steve20
06-09-2016, 04:10 PM
It is Ian Crocker that says 'Hibsing it' it after we score the winner. Unless Andy Walker said it at another point in the match.

Sky's coverage was better because they actually bothered to stay on for Sunshine On Leith. BBC finished up just as it was starting.

Dunbar Hibee
06-09-2016, 04:14 PM
It is Ian Crocker that says 'Hibsing it' it after we score the winner. Unless Andy Walker said it at another point in the match.

I'm fairly sure he did, I could be wrong though.

Regardless though, the man is a sausage.

greenteam
06-09-2016, 04:17 PM

Sky's coverage was better because they actually bothered to stay on for Sunshine On Leith. BBC finished up just as it was starting.

Ive heard Pat Nevil and Ian Crocker say it..didnt mind personally. Was meant as a joke

NZ Green
06-09-2016, 04:42 PM
I just watched the BBC version for the first time yesterday (last 20 mins and cup presentation). Although Sky had better quotes during the game. BBC were much better during the pitch invasion, they even laughed when they saw the goal post's and reminisced back to 77' and then said something like 'ofcourse we can't really laugh about it these days' - the only difference being today is that people love being offended because it makes them feel intelligent or something.

Golden Bear
06-09-2016, 06:17 PM
45 mins of the cup final is still available via Sky's on demand service. I think I'll watch it twice.

NZ Green
06-09-2016, 06:40 PM
45 mins of the cup final is still available via Sky's on demand service. I think I'll watch it twice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2oMaOM6pGs - Full BBC coverage in HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR1vOuJJmTQ - Full Sky coverage in HD

SunshineOnLeith
06-09-2016, 07:13 PM
BBC were better post match because they did the obligatory "pitch invasions are bad" shtick that I suppose they have to as the state broadcaster but without any real conviction and instead focused on the achievement etc.

Sky (Andy Walker aside) went a bit heavy on it but they're like a tabloid newspaper in the way they need to find a sensational populist agenda. Most of their audience would have been (seething) The Rangers fans, and they didn't want them to just switch off. They at least hung around for SoL.

Andy Walker was, and indeed is, clearly a tube of the highest order.

But worst of all was Stewart Regan and the SFA more generally. We're forever being told that there's no interest in our game and we need to market ourselves better, but rather than focus on a story which could have created genuine international interest, as the breaking of long sporting hoodoos tend to, they went full throttle for appeasing The Rangers and saying everything is awful. Regan described it as the worst scenes he'd ever seen on a football pitch, FFS!

As long as the clubs in Scotland (and I include Hibs in this as much as anyone else) continue to accept the likes of Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster as figureheads, the best any of us can hope for is to be treated as the undercard to Celtic and The Rangers. And when that's the tone from the very top, there's no point in getting angry about the media being Old Firm-centric.

RoxburghHibs
06-09-2016, 07:19 PM
It was the radio commentary I was looking to get hold off. Not heard this even once yet!

Sergey
06-09-2016, 07:38 PM
It was the radio commentary I was looking to get hold off. Not heard this even once yet!

I've been on the lookout for it, too. I don't think it's available.

I hope I'm proved wrong as I'd love to hear it.

Northernhibee
06-09-2016, 07:45 PM
We ruined their wee weegie day out and the after match Rangers are back where they belong story. Years of pish taking by the Radio arm put me off for ever. We have our own TV now as well as social media that update you as soon as news breaks. Don't need the Beeb and their biased coverage and truly childish digs at the Club we love.

It's becoming oddly fashionable to bash the BBC. They were by far the fairest to us after the invasion - the commentary was fair, genuine excitement at the victory, no Andy Walker, no Neil McCann, no "Tainted victory" headlines.

Carheenlea
06-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Because it was comment from proper supporters, I enjoyed Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove on the journey home from Hampden. They were waxing lyrical about what was firstly a magnificent game of football, and secondly about what it meant for Hibs fans to witness such a monumental victory, and they shared their memories of witnessing their own clubs Scottish Cup Final successes. Stuart Cosgrove in particular was continually reminding people to be careful not to employ double standards when criticising the pitch invasion, damage to pitch and goals, citing how Wembley '77 is looked back upon with a real sense of national pride by Scots, particularly by guys like Chic Young who has penned many articles like this for example -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7058469.stm

I'd like to listen that show again.

WHAM
06-09-2016, 08:19 PM

Life saver mate. Didn't realise this was available.

Not been able to watch it back on proper HD tv since the big day.

Watching the winning goal over and over again...amazing!

Wish they had kept on more of the pitch invasion though...😄

ben johnson
06-09-2016, 08:30 PM
[/B]
It's becoming oddly fashionable to bash the BBC. They were by far the fairest to us after the invasion - the commentary was fair, genuine excitement at the victory, no Andy Walker, no Neil McCann, no "Tainted victory" headlines.

Listening to open all mic's is reason enough to bash the BBC radio coverage. I had enough of their digs at Hibs over the years. 1902 , karma , 114 years and the icing on the cake J Sutherland. A more unprofessional bunch you would be hard put to find. Then C Young and D Ferguson. I rest my case.

Hiber-nation
06-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Ok then, when did he mention it, and I'm at nothing btw.

Don't know the exact minute so you'll just need to take my word for it.....for now.

monktonharp
06-09-2016, 08:43 PM

The Rangers are making an a r s e of themselves publicly whilst our club retains a dignified silence, our supporters should take note and let go of this conspiracy bs and making up stories.Just because we are Paronoid, does not mean they are not out to get us!. on a more serious note, are you at the kid? they have been downcrying us for years and you know it, I know it and every Hibernian fan, club official and ball boy knows it.

monktonharp
06-09-2016, 08:51 PM
I just watched the BBC version for the first time yesterday (last 20 mins and cup presentation). Although Sky had better quotes during the game. BBC were much better during the pitch invasion, they even laughed when they saw the goal post's and reminisced back to 77' and then said something like 'ofcourse we can't really laugh about it these days' - the only difference being today is that people love being offended because it makes them feel intelligent or something.no one actually loves being offended. I don't ever feel uberclever either. I do feel offended though, when erseholes try to take me down, or try to make me out as some sort of thug,idiot or clown. especially when the do it to my face, but those behind the camera seem to think their voice is the voice of the many. Andy Walker tried it, a minute after our fans went onto the pitch, exclaiming this is 1980 all over again, disgraceful scenes etc and you know that is what he said.

SunshineOnLeith
06-09-2016, 11:04 PM
It's a conspiracy.

theonlywayisup
06-09-2016, 11:35 PM
Andy Walker did not say the "Hibs-it" comment.

One interesting thing about Walker's comments post final whistle. After the final whistle it was all "shocking behaviour" etc to be followed by the "magnificent Hibernian support" prior to Sunshine on Leith. It made me wonder wether he was backtracking from his original OTT comments.

Mibbes Aye
06-09-2016, 11:36 PM

Ian Crocker commentated on the 6-2 game and will always be a Hibs legend as a consequence :greengrin

I've spent the last couple of hours watching the Cup Final and then I wanted to watch the highlights. It's fair to say I've cried like a bairn. Although I was there on the day, with my daughter, and that was something truly special, an experience you couldn't buy, in a funny way I enjoy the watching of it just as much as being there.

Hiber-nation
07-09-2016, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE=theonlywayisup;4812974]Andy Walker did not say the "Hibs-it" comment.

Must have been in the semi then....either that or I'm imagining things....

superfurryhibby
07-09-2016, 06:48 AM
Andy Walker did not say the "Hibs-it" comment.

One interesting thing about Walker's comments post final whistle. After the final whistle it was all "shocking behaviour" etc to be followed by the "magnificent Hibernian support" prior to Sunshine on Leith. It made me wonder wether he was backtracking from his original OTT comments.

His repetition of "it's 1980 all over again" was gross hyperbole. Me and my 13 and 10 year old recently compared the two pitch invasions and suffice to say, they were rather different. Walker and his pals can GTF, appalling punditry.

Alex Trager
07-09-2016, 08:28 AM

I've been on the lookout for it, too. I don't think it's available.

I hope I'm proved wrong as I'd love to hear it.

Because it was comment from proper supporters, I enjoyed Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove on the journey home from Hampden. They were waxing lyrical about what was firstly a magnificent game of football, and secondly about what it meant for Hibs fans to witness such a monumental victory, and they shared their memories of witnessing their own clubs Scottish Cup Final successes. Stuart Cosgrove in particular was continually reminding people to be careful not to employ double standards when criticising the pitch invasion, damage to pitch and goals, citing how Wembley '77 is looked back upon with a real sense of national pride by Scots, particularly by guys like Chic Young who has penned many articles like this for example -

I'd love to hear these two as well.

Is there any point in getting in touch with the BBC to ask them for it?

SuperAllyMcleod
07-09-2016, 07:13 PM
I'd love to hear these two as well.

Is there any point in getting in touch with the BBC to ask them for it?

Well, I can partially help.

I have MP3 copies of Off The Ball (both episodes that day) as well as the Sportsound podcast for May 21st.

While Sportsound is worth listening to, you will have to endure Willie Miller sounding like a depressed Andy Walker. Also, it only starts as the final whistle goes - there is no match commentary, which is the thing that I've been on the look out for. - someone must have it?

Ok, so I've no idea how to post these on .net - any suggestions?

Zondervan
07-09-2016, 07:59 PM

I have MP3 copies of Off The Ball (both episodes that day) as well as the Sportsound podcast for May 21st.

While Sportsound is worth listening to, you will have to endure Willie Miller sounding like a depressed Andy Walker. Also, it only starts as the final whistle goes - there is no match commentary, which is the thing that I've been on the look out for. - someone must have it?

Upload them to www.soundcloud.com from your PC, copy the links and then post them here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
07-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Upload them to www.soundcloud.com from your PC, copy the links and then post them here.

I'm in with this! Please do

matty_f
07-09-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm in with this! Please do

:agree:

Or fire them over in an email :wink:

The Green Goblin
07-09-2016, 09:06 PM

You have a pm! :wink:

mjhibby
08-09-2016, 06:19 AM

Id love a copy of them.

JIm
08-09-2016, 07:27 AM
Id love a copy of them.

Any luck with posting/sharing these?

SuperAllyMcleod
08-09-2016, 08:59 AM
:agree:

Or fire them over in an email :wink:

The files are over 200MB so an email won't work I'm afraid.

However, for a limited period only, they are available here - http://www.scorepredict.com/cupfinal/audio.html.

The sharp eyed amongst you will notice that this isn't sound cloud or you tube, so please feel free to use the rest of my website too - http://www.scorepredict.com.

Enjoy!

mjhibby
08-09-2016, 10:02 AM

However, for a limited period only, they are available here - http://www.scorepredict.com/cupfinal/audio.html.

The sharp eyed amongst you will notice that this isn't sound cloud or you tube, so please feel free to use the rest of my website too - http://www.scorepredict.com.

Enjoy!

Absolutely brilliant. At leith links last night with Darren mcgregor and could feel how much it meant to him. Thanks so much for downloading out.

Carheenlea
08-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Great work - that will be this afternoons listening sorted :thumbsup:

Kato
08-09-2016, 11:16 AM

Enjoy!

Brilliant, many thanks

Alex Trager
08-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Ive done the whole hour and a half of off the ball. Now just about done the post match podcast. It is truly amazing. I think to date it is the best thing i have heard/listened to. Maybe it is because i have never heard it.

Oh Richard Gordon has just said moments of sheer joy and exuberance, petrie wasn't the only one.

What an afternoon, he has just said that. And quite frankly i couldn't put it better.

Chick Young was moaning his dirty face off about the invasion. How we have spoiled it for ourselves. I can safely say i never once felt like the day was ruined. Enhanced maybe. Minus the scrapping, no need.

What i enjoy most about it is the fact that whilst he is saying all this, we are in the background giving it gusto with lots of songs. It is phenomenal.

Bighoose
08-09-2016, 01:52 PM

Enjoy!

Thanks for making these available.

Superb work. :top marks

HappyHanlon
08-09-2016, 02:36 PM
The HibsedIt patter is said by Crocker after the equaliser (IIRC) - it was defo Crocker.

But then who cares about that line. We won the bloody cup!

CmoantheHibs
08-09-2016, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=theonlywayisup;4812974]Andy Walker did not say the "Hibs-i

t" comment.
Must have been in the semi then....either that or I'm imagining things....

I am positive he has said it too.Don't remember which match it was but I remember him saying it in a im trendy and in the know way

nickwhibs
08-09-2016, 03:10 PM
BBC were better post match because they did the obligatory "pitch invasions are bad" shtick that I suppose they have to as the state broadcaster but without any real conviction and instead focused on the achievement etc.

Sky (Andy Walker aside) went a bit heavy on it but they're like a tabloid newspaper in the way they need to find a sensational populist agenda. Most of their audience would have been (seething) The Rangers fans, and they didn't want them to just switch off. They at least hung around for SoL.

Andy Walker was, and indeed is, clearly a tube of the highest order.

But worst of all was Stewart Regan and the SFA more generally. We're forever being told that there's no interest in our game and we need to market ourselves better, but rather than focus on a story which could have created genuine international interest, as the breaking of long sporting hoodoos tend to, they went full throttle for appeasing The Rangers and saying everything is awful. Regan described it as the worst scenes he'd ever seen on a football pitch, FFS!

As long as the clubs in Scotland (and I include Hibs in this as much as anyone else) continue to accept the likes of Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster as figureheads, the best any of us can hope for is to be treated as the undercard to Celtic and The Rangers. And when that's the tone from the very top, there's no point in getting angry about the media being Old Firm-centric.

Well said that man 👍

Billy Whizz
08-09-2016, 03:13 PM
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/scottish-football/id129625085?mt=2&i=369249959

Podcast post match

CmoantheHibs
08-09-2016, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Hiber-nation;4813003]

I am positive he has said it too.Don't remember which match it was but I remember him saying it in a im trendy and in the know way

Possibly Falkirk play-off but I'm not that concerned that I will start taking through stuff

JimBHibees
08-09-2016, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=Hiber-nation;4813003]

I think he has might have been in the United penalty shoot out.

Onceinawhile
08-09-2016, 03:42 PM
The HibsedIt patter is said by Crocker after the equaliser (IIRC) - it was defo Crocker.

But then who cares about that line. We won the bloody cup!

It's after the winner.

Hiber-nation
08-09-2016, 03:46 PM
I think he has might have been in the United penalty shoot out.

I think you are right come to think of it.

Sorry Gail :greengrin

The Green Goblin
08-09-2016, 04:13 PM
I had a thought....the radio commentary for the game, isn't it just the same as on the BBC video broadcast? ("Is it on? Is. It. On?") etc.

The whole game is on youtube.

SuperAllyMcleod
08-09-2016, 04:15 PM
I had a thought....the radio commentary for the game, isn't it just the same as on the BBC video broadcast? ("Is it on? Is. It. On?") etc.

The whole game is on youtube.

No, tv commentary is less descriptive as the viewer can see what is happening.

I live in hope that someone somewhere has the full BBC radio commentary.

essexhibee
08-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Live in hope someone has the moment that gray scored the winner

KWJ
09-09-2016, 01:35 AM

I usually like Off the ball but Tam Cowan was being a right pratt after the final and made me turn it off as he'd thouht we'd hibsed it with the celebrations overshadowing the win. Cosgrove was decent.

lucky
09-09-2016, 07:16 AM
I usually like Off the ball but Tam Cowan was being a right pratt after the final and made me turn it off as he'd thouht we'd hibsed it with the celebrations overshadowing the win. Cosgrove was decent.

I did the same. Cowan was being a prick but he gets the bronze medal in the prick awards, Willie Miller gets the silver for saying the game has been put back decades because of the pitch invasion but the gold medal prick is Chick Young for his claim Dean Shields was wrestling with two Hibs fans & the allegation that a Hibs fan assaulted a unnamed Rangers player with a belt. Even though months later there has been evidence to back up his lies

Carheenlea
09-09-2016, 07:35 AM

I must admit that I didn't recall Tam Cowan being quite as critical of the Hibs fans for the pitch invasion. Was still good to listen to again though.

mjhibby
09-09-2016, 09:26 AM
I did the same. Cowan was being a prick but he gets the bronze medal in the prick awards, Willie Miller gets the silver for saying the game has been put back decades because of the pitch invasion but the gold medal prick is Chick Young for his claim Dean Shields was wrestling with two Hibs fans & the allegation that a Hibs fan assaulted a unnamed Rangers player with a belt. Even though months later there has been evidence to back up his lies

It was noticeable that as the episode went on tam realised he may have been misled by miller and young and started to change his tune. Annoys me to hear miller and young spout their untruths but this has of course only added to the momentous day now we know that just about everything they said they saw and heard was propaganda at best. Thanks for making the day even more memorable.

lucky
09-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Young and co should be held to account for their lies. Hibs should be challenging the BBC and the rest of MSM that lied.

Brunswickbill
09-09-2016, 12:01 PM

It was a good listen. I guess that Cowan and Cosgrove agreed beforehand to do a good cop / bad cop thing. BBC wouldn't allow them to both take a relaxed view of the invasion.

Zondervan
09-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Brilliant, thanks for sharing.

northstandhibby
09-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Young and co should be held to account for their lies. Hibs should be challenging the BBC and the rest of MSM that lied.

Hibernian winning the cup seriously burst the hun/yam bubble of taunting us about the hoodoo and hibsing it etcetera.

GIRUY Hunchic you little hunbootlicker.

It was your team we beat to win the cup for the first time in 114 years how do you like that hunchic? You didn't like it did you so you began telling lies of seeing your idols being beaten up you little hun parasite.

GGTTH

hibeejeebies
10-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Hibernian winning the cup seriously burst the hun/yam bubble of taunting us about the hoodoo and hibsing it etcetera.

GIRUY Hunchic you little hunbootlicker.

It was your team we beat to win the cup for the first time in 114 years how do you like that hunchic? You didn't like it did you so you began telling lies of seeing your idols being beaten up you little hun parasite.

GGTTH

Not a fan of Chick Young then?

Aldo
10-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Not a fan of Chick Young then?

Chic Young is a wannabe Hun of epic proportion.
He has been well past his sell by date for along long time.

Not just him mind you.

Gordon, Miller and Co are as gutted as Newco that we won the cup!

They have and will probably continue to see the negative rather than the positives of our victory and for that it shows the 'anti' feeling towards our club!

givescotlandfreedom
30-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Injustice listened to all three programs kindly uploaded. It was a great listen but how angry do they get with Chick Young in particular trying to corner Hibs about the aftermath when they're just trying to absorb winning the trophy for the first time in human memory. Anytime football comes up he tried to shift it back to the made up guff he spouts about Dean Shiels and Kenny Miller being attached whick we now know to be lies as well as the fictitious event of a Hibee assaulting people with a belt. Cowan gets carried away too going on about 'Hibsing' the aftermath though to be fair Cosgrove is on the money and counters him well.

Famous Fiver
30-09-2016, 08:00 PM
CY even had the brass neck when he was 'retired' by the BBC.

Odious little man who thinks he's everybody who is anybody in the game's friend.

His team got humbled and he couldn't take it.

Famous Fiver
30-09-2016, 08:01 PM
OOps should have read ' brass neck to whine.....'