PDA

View Full Version : Lost Jacket At Testimonial Dinner

hibbybob
05-09-2016, 09:58 PM
One of our group lost a jacket on Saturday at Lewis's testimonial dinner.

Looks like somebody ended up with the wrong jacket.

Please get in touch if you can help reunite jacket with owner.

snooky
05-09-2016, 10:55 PM

Hope you get it sorted, HB.

This sort of thing can be quite annoying. I ken a few folk fi' the west that lost their shirt at the cup final.

DJB4
06-09-2016, 04:44 PM

It would appear I may have found you a match. A member of our party woke on on Sunday morning, to find himself in possession of an alien jacket. He has no recollection (for reasons of an alcoholic nature) how it came into his possession, other than it looks like his own black jacket. To be fair, there were a few black jackets on Saturday.

His description of it is "black, 40 inch short M&S collection wool blend and blue white stripes on the material inside. He also adds "No idea how that fitted me as I'm a 42 regular" Your friend will be pleased to know it remains in mint condition, with the pockets still stitched!

He has been feverish with guilt, caused by his genuine mistake, and hopes that your friend is his match and that a reunion could be on the cards?

If we do have a match we can hand it in at the ER reception on 17th, or will be passing through Waverley, so could use lost property/against your name? Alternatively he is happy to post if you provide address?

(P.S. we are based on the Kingdom)

Yours faithfully.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Frank Moon
06-09-2016, 05:08 PM
It would appear I may have found you a match. A member of our party woke on on Sunday morning, to find himself in possession of an alien jacket. He has no recollection (for reasons of an alcoholic nature) how it came into his possession, other than it looks like his own black jacket. To be fair, there were a few black jackets on Saturday.

His description of it is "black, 40 inch short M&S collection wool blend and blue white stripes on the material inside. He also adds "No idea how that fitted me as I'm a 42 regular" Your friend will be pleased to know it remains in mint condition, with the pockets still stitched!

He has been feverish with guilt, caused by his genuine mistake, and hopes that your friend is his match and that a reunion could be on the cards?

If we do have a match we can hand it in at the ER reception on 17th, or will be passing through Waverley, so could use lost property/against your name? Alternatively he is happy to post if you provide address?

Yours faithfully.

Aw I love a happy ending! 😏

hibbybob
06-09-2016, 05:36 PM

Yours faithfully.

I think that's really funny and can empathise with your friend as I had a stinking hangover on Sunday - well worth it tho as it was a great night.

It does sound like my friend's jacket and the good news for your mate is 1) The Corn Exchange should have his jacket and 2) He's not the only drunk to have had jacket problems as the Corn Exchange still have another two black jackets that were left on Saturday.

I'll PM you with my friends contact details and hopefully they can sort out the reunion.

Thanks for answering my initial post - much appreciated.

GGTTH

DJB4
06-09-2016, 06:37 PM
I think that's really funny and can empathise with your friend as I had a stinking hangover on Sunday - well worth it tho as it was a great night.

It does sound like my friend's jacket and the good news for your mate is 1) The Corn Exchange should have his jacket and 2) He's not the only drunk to have had jacket problems as the Corn Exchange still have another two black jackets that were left on Saturday.

I'll PM you with my friends contact details and hopefully they can sort out the reunion.

Thanks for answering my initial post - much appreciated.

GGTTH
Perfect, just let me know and I'll pass to my friend.