PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray

Unseen work
05-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Not seen a thread dedicated to the young man yet.

First I have heard of him from either the clubs or any fans so was a bit suprised that he was starting never mind included.

Seemed impressive, comfortable with the ball on both feet and a nice touch and turn about him. Took his goal very well.

Does anyone know much more about him? From the under 20s or whatever?

Is it normally centre mid or behind the striker he plays?

Hopefully we see him along with crane and Martin a lot this season and ease them in.

A couple of take always and the gym wouldn't go a miss however as he is built like the side of a fiver

Mr White
05-09-2016, 09:14 PM
I saw him play for the u17s at the milk cup against Otago a few weeks back. I think he played up front with jamie gullan and scored a couple and looked decent. Hopefully his goal at the weekend helps his development but I'd be surprised to see anything more than an occasional squad listing in the league anytime soon. Hopefully he gets another chance in the next round of the challenge cup though as it's a perfect opportunity to give guys like him some valuable experience without too much expectation being placed on them.

lucky
05-09-2016, 09:32 PM
The boy did well in the first half but fell out the game in second half as was to be expected but as NL said he's got a half chance of making it. Very early in his career but hopefully he can kick on

ekhibee
05-09-2016, 09:40 PM
He could be playing tomorrow? We've got an under-20's game against Motherwell (6/9/16). Would like to say him playing again, just to see how he progresses.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 09:43 PM
He's done well to get a senior listing, even if he'd been a sub. And whatever happens, he's scored for Hibs on his competitive debut :flag:

Wish him well, I pay a bit of attention to the dev squad and he's one who has flown under the radar. Fingers crossed for him :aok:

jacomo
05-09-2016, 10:11 PM
He's done well to get a senior listing, even if he'd been a sub. And whatever happens, he's scored for Hibs on his competitive debut :flag:

Wish him well, I pay a bit of attention to the dev squad and he's one who has flown under the radar. Fingers crossed for him :aok:

Saw you mentioned him on the Harris thread.

How old is he?

I've said before that I would love to see at least one from the development squad stake a claim this season. It's about time.

Mibbes Aye
06-09-2016, 12:27 AM
Saw you mentioned him on the Harris thread.

How old is he?

I've said before that I would love to see at least one from the development squad stake a claim this season. It's about time.

Fraser is seventeen.

JOD
06-09-2016, 02:03 AM
FFS It is Innes Murray signed from our younger cousins.

Gonna keep up to date Plse guys

HoboHarry
06-09-2016, 02:30 AM

Then why is the official Hibs site calling him Fraser Murray?

greenlex
06-09-2016, 02:34 AM
Defo Fraser Murray and not Innes who played Sunday.

BT58
06-09-2016, 03:41 AM
Didnt Innes come on at end ??

HoboHarry
06-09-2016, 03:48 AM
Didnt Innes come on at end ??
Yes with 4 minutes to go. The thread is about Fraser Murray who played the entire game and also scored.

Allant1981
06-09-2016, 04:41 AM

Different guy, keep up please!!

offshorehibby
06-09-2016, 06:05 AM
Defo Fraser Murray and not Innes who played Sunday.

Definitely Fraser Murray, Innes Murray was on the bench.

Ardenttwo
06-09-2016, 06:19 AM

First I have heard of him from either the clubs or any fans so was a bit suprised that he was starting never mind included.

Seemed impressive, comfortable with the ball on both feet and a nice touch and turn about him. Took his goal very well.

Hopefully we see him along with crane and Martin a lot this season and ease them in.

A couple of take always and the gym wouldn't go a miss however as he is built like the side of a fiver

He is a great addition and will be a very good player no doubt about that. I never realised that he was the boy that we signed from Smellytic During the game I kept repeating to the guys around me that he looks a very good prospect

Mr White
06-09-2016, 06:24 AM
He is a great addition and will be a very good player no doubt about that. I never realised that he was the boy that we signed from Smellytic During the game I kept repeating to the guys around me that he looks a very good prospect

It's not the player we signed from Celtc. That's Innes Murray who was on the bench.

EdinMike
06-09-2016, 06:37 AM

Nope. Fraser Murray and Innes Murray are, believe it or not.. Two different people ! *Dr Who theme starts playing somewhere*

Brightside
06-09-2016, 06:43 AM

He the most natural two footed player in the youth ranks. Needs to beef up but could be a player

RoxburghHibs
06-09-2016, 06:48 AM

Haha that made me laugh. Innes Murray was a sub - totally got it wrong!!

Ringothedog
06-09-2016, 06:57 AM

FFS It's Fraser Murray, keep up to date JOD (;

Waxy
06-09-2016, 08:41 AM

Epic fail.

Wheat Hound
06-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Enoch Showumni was similarly talented....

Mibbes Aye
06-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Enoch Showumni was similarly talented....

Not as good as his brothers.

All three of them.

--------
06-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Not as good as his brothers.

All three of them.

Or the Hamiltons - Willie, his nephew John, and his grandson Brian ....

A real Hibee dynasty. :devil:

And I thought young Fraser played very well first half, seemed to tire and fade through the second. Nicely-taken goal.

ekhibee
06-09-2016, 02:11 PM
How did the development team get on against Well today? Just wondered if Fraser and/or Innes Murray were playing?

w pilton hibby
06-09-2016, 02:20 PM
How did the development team get on against Well today? Just wondered if Fraser and/or Innes Murray were playing?

Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial
Hibernian Development Squad starting XI: Martin, Trialist, O'Connor, Porteous, Waugh, Stirling, Watson, Crane, Trialist, I.Murray, F.Murray

The Hibernian Development Squad defeated Motherwell 3-1 at Oriam this afternoon. Paton scored two with Stirling also on target for the side

ancient hibee
06-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Or the Hamiltons - Willie, his nephew John, and his grandson Brian ....

A real Hibee dynasty. :devil:

And I thought young Fraser played very well first half, seemed to tire and fade through the second. Nicely-taken goal.

You forgot third cousin Donald Hamilton a goalie who I wished I couldn't remember.

ekhibee
06-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Hibernian Development Squad starting XI: Martin, Trialist, O'Connor, Porteous, Waugh, Stirling, Watson, Crane, Trialist, I.Murray, F.Murray

The Hibernian Development Squad defeated Motherwell 3-1 at Oriam this afternoon. Paton scored two with Stirling also on target for the side
Cheers mate, wonder who the 2 trialists were? The Polish right back might have been one of them?

JDHibs
06-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Cheers mate, wonder who the 2 trialists were? The Polish right back might have been one of them?

Modelski (The polish lad on trial) and Paton (Currently with the U17's)